• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting The Division 2 was announced.

The original game was this huge deal at it's first reveal in E3. Then the sequel they just kinda threw that announcement out there on social media like "yeah whatever".

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for Rage 2 if they can figure out what kind of game they want. The original was such a confused mess that was too limited to be really open world but never really clicked as a straight up run and gun FPS. There is a ton of potential there but as the gunplay and AI were great but the car stuff was so under cooked and the story characters and world were so poorly done.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying it's unbelievable or anything. It's just so...random! It makes me think that the game is even further along than I thought! Then again Rage 2 so anything is possible lol.

This is probably a nothing rumor, though I do think if they're still doing it in separate releases it won't be more than 2 more E3s before we get the first release.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
man, people really want Rage 2: Rage Harder?

Whats next, Kane & Lynch 3?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a very surprising list outside of Rage 2, but there's a lot of fun stuff in there! I hadn't been keeping up with it and didn't realize Builders 2 was getting this close to release!

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, does this mean there is a chance MP4 releases this winter ??? And no Fire Emblem Switch for 2018 ?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this cushions the blow of there being a Rage instead of DOOM II.

In for Splinter Cell most likely though.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Rage 2 is surprising, but considering how good Wolfenstein and DOOM reboots are, I'm looking forward to it.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide if Rage 2 makes the whole list sound utterly fake or completely real.

I would absolutely love another one though.

(also remaster of 1 please , drop it at the E3 conference for an available now moment)

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is there anything that you could definitely confirm isn't legit?

Not asking you to say which ones, but if there's at least one thing that's not, it's probably safe to say that the list could be more educated guesses, no?

There are certainly a couple that I haven't heard of. So no idea if they're fake or just stuff I haven't heard.

I also assume Forza Horizon 5 is a just a placeholder/typo and it should be FH4.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft already said no new assassins creed this year. So it's either a GOTY type of release for origins, or next year's game.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm not sure some clerk misentering the newest entry of a Forza spinoff series is exactly 100% dead on proof something is wrong.

Half the companies in the industry can't even write their own product or company names correctly all the time.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Didn't Spencer say he talked to Japanese publishers to throw him a bone. I wouldn't be surprised if SE gave him DQB 2 as a consolation rather than a main entry DQ game. Plus with Minecraft type users on xbox, I'm sure he easily convinced SE for that port. The rest was kinda expected TBH. Only thing outra left field was FFVII Re on xbox, again, another SE goodwill gesture to MS. Seems Sony's timed exlcusivities contracts are running out

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
If Rage 2 is real I think it won't be a single player game and instead it will be some coop PvE loot shooter game like Borderlands or Destiny. The setting lends itself to that very well and that's the only way I think it makes sense to greenlit that. Wasteland, big open fields with focus on vehicles is just a good recipe for a loot shooter.

The first game was basically Borderlands with better shooting but a lot worse every else.

BenRoderick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Chary

Mar 15, 2018
GBAtemp
Rage 2, AND a Forza Horizon 5 that just ignores the fact we never got Horizon 4...seems legit.

The rest of it actually has a semblance of making sense. Just Cause 4 would make sense with SE's press conference this year, Borderlands 3 is so obviously going to happen eventually, etc.