• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

IGN reached out to Walmart for confirmation, and received the following response from LeMia Jenkins, director of national media relations:

"We've taken this action out of respect for the incidents of the past week, and it does not reflect a long-term change in our video game assortment. We are focused on assisting our associates and their families, as well as supporting the community, as we continue a thoughtful and thorough review of our policies."

Jenkins added, "Our statement stands company wide."

UPDATE:

Walmart now denies their earlier statement:
Shortly after the posting of this story, we were contacted by a Walmart representative who apologized for what was apparently a miscommunication on their behalf. We have since clarified with the aforementioned Walmart representative that the company has "not given any directive to remove video games from the shelves."

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Well, since I can't buy videogames guess I'll buy a gun to enjoy myself, since those are still available

May 18, 2018
I would have not even noticed if I didn't have to walk past the electronics section to buy my shotguns. Thanks walmart for protecting my family *inspects barrel* from the violence that is video games.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
But they're still selling guns? Honestly one of the fucking dumbest things I've honestly ever seen. I can't even comprehend how someone made this decision.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
As George Carlin once said:
"And now they're going to get rid of fake guns...and they're going to keep the fucking real ones!"

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn. All that real-life violence prevented!!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
What a broken ass country I live in, the hundreds of millions of guns on the street aren't the real problem here. Id still never trade my country for another but our priorities are so fucked.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So glad I have never needed to buy anything from a Wal Mart. What a monumental display of ignorance.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I can't buy games, but I can buy guns. America.

Oct 31, 2017
What in the fuck. This is how they respond to mass-murders committed by firearms? Taking toys off of the shelves instead of, I don't know, deadly weapons? We're doomed.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like I'm taking crazy pills or maybe it's Walmart. What about movies or books, have those been halted too?

Video games are still the zeitgeist "won't somebody think of the children" boogeyman.

Used to be comic books.

220px-Seduction_of_the_Innocent001.png

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This seriously reads like an Onion article.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Wal-Mart for taking this bold step towards fixing gun violence and White Supremacy.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But they're still selling guns? Honestly one of the fucking dumbest things I've honestly ever seen. I can't even comprehend how someone made this decision.
It's a way to lend credence to the "hurrr blame videya gaemz" argument in order to distract the public from the fact that they sell the very guns that people use to shoot up innocent people and ruin many lives in other places

frankly the headlines here shouldn't be "walmart doubles down on video games are violent argument", it should be "walmart doubles down on continuing to sell guns"

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit this is stupid. I guess this is good news for Gamestop? Either that or everything is going digital next gen.