• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Was just at Walmart. All new games looked to be priced at $49.94 or whatever. Is this a new thing? Temporary sale? Permanent? If it is "permanent" it seems like a pretty good replacement for Amazon Prime and GCU, at least for new game purchases. I really miss that from Amazon :(

Anybody else noticed this at Walmart?

OP
OP
ThisOne

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
How are pre-orders with Walmart? They usually reliable to get stuff from day one?

Shawn Carter

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
I stopped buying physical because Amazon ceased doing this. Always felt like it was the best pre-order incentive a retailer could offer.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are pre-orders with Walmart? They usually reliable to get stuff from day one?
They will have most mainstream games. If your someone who gets into weirder more niche titles you might still have to find a Amazon or a Gamestop to buy from.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
They've been doing it for a while. As much as I hate going to Wal-Mart, it's a good substitute for GCU. I bought Link's Awakening from them for $50.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
preorders don't count I believe, you need to buy in store after release as the price online will still show $60, can't even do store pickup last I checked. Guessing its a loss leader type of strategy to hope you buy something else on the way out

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't even know if they do pre-orders but I've always been able to just go buy the game on day one.

They only got like 3 copies of Fire Emblem for the Switch and that made me nervous but most big name games you don't have to worry about not getting the game.

A couple times I've had to find someone to go get the game out from the back room because even by noon they often didn't have the game out on the shelf. So it's annoying but nothing too bad.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I haven't paid full price for a game at Wal-Mart in quite a while (mostly Switch games).

Sep 25, 2018
Was just at Walmart. All new games looked to be priced at $49.94 or whatever. Is this a new thing? Temporary sale? Permanent? If it is "permanent" it seems like a pretty good replacement for Amazon Prime and GCU, at least for new game purchases. I really miss that from Amazon :(

Anybody else noticed this at Walmart?

walmart price match Nintendo vouchers

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this puts the nail in the gamestop coffin even faster when I can literally go across the parking lot and save $10

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Been like that for a few months. You have to wait till the game is out doesn't work in preorders at the moment.