• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
1x96tkO.jpg
It should be illegal to market guns like this, holy fucking shit.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda like it, in that the level of violence we celebrate in games is kinda gross. Making it a little hard to promote those would be a good thing.

But as a political reactionary thing, not cool. Obviously games aren't driving people to violent acts. By responding to that it feels like they're legitimizing the idea.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
That email sent out internally asked fellow employees to strike against video games... Walmart's response is to remove posters for violent games... why am I not the least surprised.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"But what about the guns we sale next to the toy aisles?"

"Oh those are fine. Keep those up."

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
"But what about the guns we sale next to the toy aisles?"

"Oh those are fine. Keep those up."
The best part is that this is EXACTLY where they sell them in most walmarts (back aisle from left to right is usually pets, strollers/baby clothes, electronics, toys, 'sporting goods' including BB, paint, and real guns.

Jan 29, 2018
In a hypothetical "what if" scenario, it'd be fascinating to see a violent video game ban come out of Congress that had a condition in it that allowed violent video games again if mass shootings kept happening anyway.

But anyway, fuck Walmart.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
They most certainly do still sell guns in-store.

Online. In-store they still do.
No, they fucking haven't.
where the heck is all this "Walmart doesn't sell guns anymore" coming from

just the other day they said they would keep selling guns despite pressure

Walmart not banning gun sales in wake of mass shooting, but some advocates say it should

It depends on the state. There are three Walmarts near me here in SoCal and not a single one sells guns, and even the BB guns they sell now are transparent plastic and don't look real anymore.

They stopped selling them in CA in 2003.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually surprised to hear that Walmart still sells firearms since the one I go to stopped selling them over a decade ago and I haven't seem them in other stores since.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like we went back a decade and a half.

That's the point. That, and lock us into a cycle of despair, powerlessness, and division as the ultra-rich cement their eternal rule over us. They're even destroying nature so we can't escape into it to get away from corporate power.

But, anyway, they know what they're doing. Only a handful of pearl-clutching old people actually believe that video games have anything to do with this. It's just a way to act like they're doing something while keeping gun sales high and rednecks voting Republican. That's certainly more important to corporations and the GOP than our lives or video games or logic or decency.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Walmart stays Trash.

Had to go into a Walmart the other day to pick up a bed frame and very quickly I was reminded why I don't go to Walmart. So many wierdos in there. People of Walmart is Truth, goddamn.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
American gun laws make no sense to anyone living anywhere else in the world. I feel sad for all Americans who want these laws changed.

Georgeishon

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2018
What the hell is wrong with these people? The situation is becoming more and more hopeless...

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty farcical stuff. These kinds of decisions boggle the minds of those who apply logic to reality.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I have no issues with that. Violence is far too prominent in games when it really doesn't need to be. That being said, this is misguided as fuck and is not going to solve anything.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like America is trying it's best to make the movie Idiocracy a reality, shit is literally this stupid atm.