• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck you, Walmart. Greedy, lazy bags of shit.

God, this country makes me so frustrated sometimes, because I love it dearly, but it just KEEPS fucking up, making the same mistakes over and over and never addressing the real problems.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah that will solve our gun problem, thanks Walmart! /s

1x96tkO.jpg
What. The. Fuck
LMAO nope. I saw the gun rack literally earlier today. It's seriously right next door to the video game/movie section at my walmart, just past the toy aisle.
Disgusting.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Walmart stays Trash.

Had to go into a Walmart the other day to pick up a bed frame and very quickly I was reminded why I don't go to Walmart. So many wierdos in there. People of Walmart is Truth, goddamn.
I work at a Target, and on Christmas Eve the Walmart down the street closes at 6pm, whereas we stay open until 10. For those last four hours, the store gets like 50X trashier because its where all the Walmart overflow get directed to, the difference in clientele is like night and day.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
That's hilariously sad and a perfect analogy for America as a whole.

Blame everything and anything for the gun violence other than the availability of the guns used in these shootings.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Why don't we stop violent video game players by putting violent video games at the hands of every kid in school?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
The sign was probably placed there specifically for that picture (taken from any number of areas with back to school stuff).

That said, the gun carasouls are very real, and lots of walmarts still have them (and a few other sell guns, but don't openly display them). It should be noted that Walmart usually has deals with the state fish, game, and wild life divisions of the government so that they can sell hunting and fishing licenses. These are not mitigating circumstances mind you, just important to know that Walmart makes money off of selling the licenses for gun and hunting registrations in most states. That's why the call for a blanket gun ban at them is unlikely.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
it's kinda sorta not really real

it's angled so that it looks like it's pointing at the gun section

but its still fucking absurd that the school section is that close to the guns
That signage is on top of the gun rack. But to be fair to Walmart, a customer put it there.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart will remove the signage to appease their Republican backers in Congress until the recent mass shootings are swept under the rug and forgotten. Then they'll happy start advertising again.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Apparently the Own The School Year was back in 2017 according to my research but I could be wrong. Doesn't make it better.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-school-year-like-hero-gun-display/555393001/

I can't believe I can't buy allergy meds without getting flagged for possibly running a meth lab and video games are too much but you can literally just sell guns and make them readily available. What even is this country these days.
Yup. That's an old image and the signage isn't supposed to be there. It was an employee's cruel "joke."

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Yup. That's an old image and the signage isn't supposed to be there. It was an employee's cruel joke.
Mkay good I'm glad. We have to make sure to get ahead of info like that because as seen in this thread people will just run with it. There's plenty to hate about this situation and the whole country at large without spreading false info and chasing that all down.

Oct 25, 2017
Mkay good I'm glad. We have to make sure to get ahead of info like that because as seen in this thread people will just run with it. There's plenty to hate about this situation and the whole country at large without spreading false info and chasing that all down.
like Conservatives and videogames?
lets not act like Era saying anything about that picture is bad unless we also acknowledge shit like that

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree with this move. Everytime i see a video game character wielding video game guns, i just have this primal urge to buy a real life gun and shoot up some school. Galaxy Brain move right here.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
like Conservatives and videogames?
lets not act like Era saying anything about that picture is bad unless we also acknowledge shit like that
I'm a strong advocate for not jumping the shark on things that can't be confirmed. I'm not sure what you were stating though. Maybe it was the phrasing but I'm not following.

All I'm saying is we can be vigilant in discussing the issues and problems without spreading fake pictures of unknown origin (supposedly employee or customer made) and jumping off with that like this thread did for almost a page.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Thank God. There won't be a single mass shooting ever again from now on because Walmart stopped demoing Call of Duty. Woo hoo!

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond ridiculous. But it's America so nothing surprises me anymore.

Can't take steps to solve the problem in this country! Gotta make sure grown white men can do their pew pew army cosplay!

What a fucking joke.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, in a vacuum I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. But yeah, deflecting from the actual issue of gun proliferation while also continuing to sell rifles in stores is Walmart being willfully tone deaf.

Oct 25, 2017
It matters when someone spreads ignorance and makes blanket statements. Sorry that correcting misinformation is "bait" to you though, that's kinda scummy to imply. Your post adds much less to the discussion to be honest.
Spreads ignorance like saying Walmart doesnt sell guns? or ignorance like The guns they sell are located predominantly near Toy aisles?
who gives a fuck if state x has gun law Y? when conservatives use shit like this to gaslight the public