• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Taking down promotional displays wasn't enough it seems.

(found on the official 1up fan page on Facebook)

68669956_10220541980969643_5823072726696329216_n.jpg

Always remember, guns don't kill people, Mortal Kombat kills people.

edit: transcript:
I went to purchase Mortal Kombat just after work a little while ago, and once I got to the register, was told I couldn't purchase MK due to restrictions on their end. Apparently the manager said, he was not able to sell it to me because Walmart has begun removing this particular cabinet due to its violent nature, but it's ok to buy SF and FF?? I just checked their website and Mortal Kombat has been removed.. Unbelievable.. He literally took it back to the back of the stock room, I kid you not. Speechless... Am I missing something? I'm 40 btw.. I have kids of my own..

Also, EB Games Canada just announced they'll be selling the cabinet.

edit2: See threadmark: Walmart.com is selling it again? If anyone could check if they put them back on shelves in store too?

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for a sec I thought it was a copyright violation. This is just hilarious. It's the early 90's all over again "The videogames are killing are youth"

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Really...we're coming back to this after 20 years!? What the hell is wrong with people!?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
this isnt what people were asking for when they said they wanted 80s nostalgia to end already

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Can't buy an MK cabinet, might as well buy a rifle. They're only 300 ft. away 🤷‍♂️

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
One story from Facebook from one Walmart, huh. Maybe we should wait until we get more information or more cases like this one.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh for a sec I thought it was a copyright violation. This is just hilarious. It's the early 90's all over again "The videogames are killing are youth"

It's worse than that. It's literally the exact same game they lost their shit over in the early 90s.

BRB, checking Night Trap is still installed on my Switch.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Walmart knows who their customer base is. After all, they're largely responsible for putting alot of america out of work just by showing up in their town.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
The fact it is an arcade machine for the first 3 Mortal Kombat's is just **chefs kiss**

Wal Mart probably makes more money on guns than video games so decided to use games as a scapegoat to give the appearance they give a shit since it will effect their bottom line less. Scum bags.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Walmart is desperate as fuck to convince people that it's not the guns two aisles down that's the real problem.

They absolutely know video games aren't causing violence.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck Wal-Mart, I'd say I won't shop there anymore, but I already didn't. Their stores always sucked, it always feels like I'm walking into a depressing dystopian warehouse when I go into one.

I wonder if they're still selling copies of MK11? The original MK is tame as hell compared to half the games that come out anymore, and MK11 is on a whole 'nother level.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One story from Facebook from one Walmart, huh. Maybe we should wait until we get more information or more cases like this one.

They've been pulled from the website and other people in the group also confirmed.

In store stock according to online trackers is at 0 too.

And they were just starting to meet demand very recently.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What is this, the early 90's? What's next, banning sales of music that contain references to violence and Satan? The USA is so fucked that I can't comprehend this country doesn't just collapse and implode on itself.

socksfelloff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
" I'm sorry sir but I can't sell you this Mortal Kombat Kabinet but I hope you found all of the assault rifles you were looking for today "

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heck I just saw a cabinet yesterday on the floor when I was checking their 1up selection(they also had pacman/street fighter/and the final fight one.) There goes my dream of getting that at a reduced price.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'd love to know how many firearms Walmart has sold to the American public over the years.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. This has got to be the most cynical reaction to a mass shooting. It's like they lack the self awareness, but we know they actually don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.