• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
OK, this joke has gone way too far now. Gamers were a mistake.

Df_-q3LX4AEPdlm.jpg

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For fucks sake.
The man is almost killing himself to get this shit done, even publicly asking if he can cry now because of Iwata and people have nothing better to do? Leave him the fuck alone with your bullshit.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
god what the fuck is wrong with people? This kind of behavior isn't gonna get him playable, if anything it'll do the opposite.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I say take Waluigi out entirely. No assist trophy or anything. Fuck them

Nov 3, 2017
Blocking the name is pointless when you can just search the text of the tweet and pull it up

Fucking dumb as shit, videogames aren't this important

Nov 1, 2017
I don't see anything surprising about Waluigi fans acting like crybaby memers on social media when they already act like that everywhere else.

Oct 25, 2017
Week 1 Patch:
Balance tweaks
Fixing lighting issues on certain stages
Removing Waluigi assist trophy because you assholes ruined it.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure people who do this type of things can be defined less as Waluigi fans and more trolls/harassers who jump on memes and other stuff.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I seriously hate these people that take it upon themselves to harass the developers os any game. It's s stupid and never achieves anything. These people have way to much free time.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Lame joke. Hope Wah never gets in now.

Moreover: Lame character. Shitty portmanteau that only works in one language. They couldn't even be bothered to call him "Ewuigi" or something that works in English and plays to his defining characteristic - that he has poor hygiene. Which is a trait I'd wager most of these harassers share.

Mariner

Oct 25, 2017
Waluigi is such a shit character. It makes sense that people willing to do this sort of harassment would be big fans.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Was talking about this in the main thread:

I really hate what the fan base is doing to this. Folks making it known they wanted a dude is OK, but then hearing/seeing that some accounts are just wholly adopting the worse aspects of internet shitposting towards the dude thinking that'd help them? That's going to make the entire character's fan base look like a hot mess and it's all the fault of a handful of assholes.

I mean, if these people literally are harassing Sakurai and Nintendo in general, I'd argue that's harm.

Yeah basically. Not gonna lie, I kinda hope the Waluigi folk make a miracle happen because the AT roster has gems that have been itching for playable since Brawl and this would set a tremendous precedent, but if they're going to be disgusting towards Sakurai and the dev team for it, it's not worth/shouldn't happen and I'd actively say they deserved it.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was bummed that Waluigi was not in Smash as a playable character, but this is pathetic. Leave Sakurai alone.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd venture that they are not "Waluigi fans", more like assholes who found their excuse to act like assholes, safeguarded by the total anonimity of online communities.

You know, the same old tiring shit as always.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Time to delete Waluigi from existence once and for all.

But really, I don't get how can anyone be mean to someone as likable as Sakurai. Shame on you.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Shit like this is why I no longer tell people I play video games. I don't want to be associated with the shithole part of the gaming community one bit

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bet most of them don't care but want to use it as a way to be dumb assholes.

Poor Sakurai.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Really bothers me that they're fucking with a man who put his heart and soul into this. Another example of a bad look for gamers.

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
Not surprising. This "fandom" for a meme character was always just a front for the worst kind of internet denizens to act a fool.