• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Racerprose

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
Halo 3 PC flight has been the smoothest yet. That is why they are doing this. Game will launch very soon after.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
New Invites have not gone out yet, so if you still want in on this you should still be able to sign up.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Does the smoothness of halo 3 flight mean the fixes will rollback soon into the other games?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Was playing Halo 3 single player on PC earlier this week and my gosh I just loved every second of it. The gameplay and music and story was overwhelming me with nostalgia. I loved it. (Everything except for Truth's VA. I preferred his VA from 2 but I understand why they changed it)

I'm so tempted to buy the entire MCCC on PC despite owning it on Xbox with Game Pass. But even then for some reason I never touch Game Pass.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
It's very good! It can run fully at 144hz as well!

It's very telling the terrible quality of the other Hslo games currently on pc when that's something to be excited about.

I wish they would just focus all resources on each release before moving on to the next game. Still waiting for reaches audio to be fixed....

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Aside from sound issues, Halo 3 runs like a dream.

It feels good to be back reliving my childhood from 2007-2010

Oh, and The Ark is one of the the best levels in the franchise.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Got me some 165fps Halo 3 at 1440p. Very nice and smooth but the framerate doesn't save me from being rubbish at this game now. Also I cant see any difference when switching the graphics toggle, I wonder if it's bugged.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
You gotta be fucking kidding me m8

If the work on the collection is indicative of what to expect with the Infinite port, maybe I'll need a XSX after all.
Sounds are muddied and really bad, sigh. Also uncapped frame rates are borked for me :/ Feels like Reach all over agin. Fuck

For some reason uncapped frame rate also introduced mouse lag

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Got me some 165fps Halo 3 at 1440p. Very nice and smooth but the framerate doesn't save me from being rubbish at this game now. Also I cant see any difference when switching the graphics toggle, I wonder if it's bugged.
is the jitter gone? Reach was really bad when it comes to this. I had 144 fps capped but it felt like 40-60 because frametimes jumped all over the place

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should be in your messages as long as you were signed up for the insiders and opted in for communications.
Yeah IDK I don't think its working.

My messages
BzZBuFi.png

Insider Profile
BSFmcRj.png

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they already said the sound thing was a codec issue specific to all the 360 games that would take time to fix, since they needed to go to the original company that made the codec to figure out what the issue was?

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
So, they haven't fixed the audio issues in Reach, and this one also suffers from the same problem?

Are Halo: CE and Halo 2 equally bad? I honestly gave up on the Collection entirely after Reach, because of the terrible sound.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, they haven't fixed the audio issues in Reach, and this one also suffers from the same problem?

Are Halo: CE and Halo 2 equally bad? I honestly gave up on the Collection entirely after Reach, because of the terrible sound.
Halo CE and Halo 2 don't use the old Waves audio 360 codec, Waves is wrapping up their work on upgrading the codec from PowerPC > x86 and will be out soon going by their monthly blogs.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't noticed any egregious sound issues but A) I think Halo 3 never sounded particularly punchy to begin with and B) I was out in the living room using speakers, so take my impressions with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, it was a smooth 4K/60 on my i3570K/1060 6GB. It still looks great, mostly due to the art direction and nice lighting. Explosions still look amazing. In 2020 the geometry is basic and it desperately needs some ambient occlusion, but otherwise it has aged extremely well. I can't wait until the final release is out.