• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Washington Post has reported that 48% of Americans are placing the blame of potential government shutdown on Trump and the Republicans: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...cbb62019393_story.html?utm_term=.0925ac04fc3c

T7YwUxn.jpg

46% of Independents place the blame on Trump and the Republicans, 78% of Democrats place the blame on Trump and the Republicans and 14% of Republicans place the blame on Trump and the Republicans:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
That percent placing blame on Democrats is too high.

But, then again

"why do democrats care more about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS than their own citizens?!?!?!?!??!"

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Good. R's think they can burn D's with this, but they're just going to motivate the base even more than they already are. You can only warp reality by so much.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I should't be surprised that 28% don't realize the Republicans control the Congress, Senate and Presidency. No matter what happens, they'll always see themselves at the mercy of minorit--I mean Democrats, and not understand that when you have majority control of three government branches, that doesn't mean the nation is under threat by an implacable, non-Christian, non-Aryan enemy that threatens to wipe out your way of life forever.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez. Only 48? Good God. Our idiot to average intelligence ratio must be higher than any other place in the world.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Just wondering - how can anyone blame Dems when Republicans literally control every branch of gov

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't McConnell or someone just say something today about how the Democrats "weaponized" the shutdown in 2013? His base believes it, too, I'm sure.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Turtle Mitch did go on the floor for like an hour today and whine about how the big mean Democrats are responsible for the government shutting down. I guess some people buy into his nonsense.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Trump ended DACA in September to use recipients as ransom fodder for immigration and budget concessions. Republicans control the House and the Senate and can pass what they want. And no one will even care in November anyway. Bring on the shutdown.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Most people just aren't aware yet. If the gov't shuts down people will actually look into it.

I'd just take this Republican's word for it:

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That 28% is the Trump Floor showing up again. There's a percentage of people in this country that are beyond saving.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like fear of a shutdown happens every 2-4 years. So im not really worrying it. Maybe worried just a pinch more since trumpito is running things.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That is an abysmally low number.

Also Fox News needs to be nuked from orbit. I have seem the fucking garbage they have been pushing all day. I genuinely wish ill upon all of them.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
There's a percentage of people in this country that are beyond saving.

One of these days, someone is going to write a book, movie or anime about this very idea--if they haven't already--and I don't know how people are going to react to that concept. Especially if the conclusion to "Some people are beyond saving," is "to hell with them, just save the ones you can, and let those that can't be saved, sink."

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People believe what they want to believe regardless of logic. Now probably more than ever.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
That is an abysmally low number.

Also Fox News needs to be nuked from orbit. I have seem the fucking garbage they have been pushing all day. I genuinely wish ill upon all of them.
Thanks to the wonder of technology, we wouldn't need a nuke. Disabling their broadcast is as simple finding where their broadcast goes to get pumped out to satellites. Where we won't get everyone, as I'm pretty sure the broadcasts are also send over fiberoptic, we'd be able to do it for most of rural America that must rely on satellite for TV reception.

If there is ever a time where SHTF, that'd be one of the first thing we would do. Damage OR occupy broadcast stations so that the propaganda channel is firmly in our favor, or, at the very least, NOT in their favor.

Outside of that, though, there's little the government can do outside of trying to chill the freedom of the press, and...well, that's a whole other ball game.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
An article in The Economist this week refers to them as an entertainment channel, not a news channel. I thought that was hilarious...and true.

Honestly we need a law in place that states that outlets must unquestionably reflect themselves as they are. So that means Fox News has to drop the "News" moniker and use "Fox Entertainment" on segments that they say are such IMO.