• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I wonder why he didn't go after Eminem.
This has been my go to response for everyone claiming that Trump just goes after everyone who attacks/disrespects him. Em went in on a level that few have even come close to and all we heard back from Trump was crickets.
Not completely unscientific. Racism is often rooted in a fear of the unknown or the other. An unfortunate side effect of humans being pack animals by nature.

Not that this is an excuse. Rational thinking could tell anyone that racism is idiotic at its core.
No definitely it's just my made up stats that are unscientific. At our core we're just very intelligent animals and a lot of our worst tendencies were defense mechanisms that our ancestors needed to survive. Hopefully one day people will become self aware enough to understand this and overcome those instincts.

Oct 29, 2017
Trump supporters are mistaking one LaVar for another and are piling on LaVar..... Burton

23782183_10159898855335455_413666925_n.png
i think those people need to watch some Reading Rainbow

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with continuing to use MAGA as a slogan is the further you get into your administration, it becomes less a promise and more an admission that you didn't actually achieve it.

Panda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User has been banned for derailing the thread: 24h
I cant believe you put up with this race baiting shit and swallow it up.
The first statement instantly calls you to use your emotions, and has no actual evidence or facts to back it up, but hey lets trust mr.reporter's feels. He cant have any agenda to get people riled up, or editors and advertiser to please and we all know talking about Trump wont get any hits right! What a brave man for writing such an article!. The whole article is based on a imagined straw man.
In most cases the simplest answer is the right one.
Trump has a big ego and wanted to be loved by his actions, the father being politically opposed cant thank him for saving his son (I have no idea what parent would want their kid to spend a second in a chinese jail but thats another story) for fear of being ostracised. The simple thing would have to say thanks and then use his platform to also then state any anti-trump position he wants.
These kind of articles are the exact ones that are destroying the leftist position and making the mindless idiots that lap it up looks just ass fucking retarded as 'the donalds' rabid fans.

But lets not use our brains, lets all shout at the sky and give ourselves a pat on the back.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
The first statement instantly calls you to use your emotions, and has no actual evidence or facts to back it up, but hey lets trust mr.reporter's feels. He cant have any agenda to get people riled up, or editors and advertiser to please and we all know talking about Trump wont get any hits right! What a brave man for writing such an article!. The whole article is based on a imagined straw man.
Trump has a big ego and wanted to be loved by his actions, the father being politically opposed cant thank him for saving his son (I have no idea what parent would want their kid to spend a second in a chinese jail but thats another story) for fear of being ostracised. The simple thing would have to say thanks and then use his platform to also then state any anti-trump position he wants.
These kind of articles are the exact ones that are destroying the leftist position and making the mindless idiots that lap it up looks just ass fucking retarded as 'the donalds' rabid fans.

But lets not use our brains, lets all shout at the sky and give ourselves a pat on the back.

I'm really excited. This thread is going to go places.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Wait...is he confirming his bias against black people?

Washington Post: "Trump is promoting racist views."

Trump: "America, fuck yeah!"

This guy is the president of the US. Real life is more surreal than any kind of parody imaginable.

I really hate this man...

To reply to that with make America great again is so blatant, Jesus Christ. Sometimes, I wonder is it really trump. Would help ease my mind if it's not really him. Since he's our president.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

This incident didn't happen in isolation. Trump has shown a pattern of being patronizing to prominent African Americans. I suggest reading the article over and over again until that point sticks.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The bolded portions in particular made your point of view genuinely convincing.

Backslash, lower case s.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017

Mmhmmm...

This would make sense if the rift between the black community & Trump started at the beginning of his Presidency, however, these issues go waaaaaay back and if you read up how racist Trumps father was, its not a stretch to imagine that the apple hadn't fallen very far from the tree.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
User was warned : Please remember to not attack other posters even emotions are high

Allow me to give a reasoned, logical response to your rhetoric...

Shut the fuck up, you big ass racist baby.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

Bruh...

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Terrible take, terrible post and juvenile use of language. Do better.

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
This is a shock?

I found that robert e lee statue controversy funny.

Because there's a symbolic robert e lee in the white house. What's his policy motivation? Kicking down the sand castles made by a black man.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
This is a shock?

I found that robert e lee statue controversy funny.

Because there's a symbolic robert e lee in the white house. What's his policy motivation? Kicking down the sand castles made by a black man.

We're talking about Sessions right? Because say what you want about Lee but he never lied about having foot spurs.

Oct 25, 2017

"Mr. Reporter" is not a reporter, he's an opinion writer and the article is clearly marked as such. Lavar Ball is also the last person on the planet to fear being ostracised, his entire brand is built around being outspoken and pissing people off. If you can't see the pattern of Trump trying to ignite culture war battles with "ungrateful" black athletes then fine, chalk it up as a series of coincidences. Some people see it as something more though.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing more American than celebrating Thanksgiving while yelling your racist phrase.

Champa

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So an opinion piece on the Washington Post site talks about how Trump keeps targeting prominent African-Americans with his tweets:

So the real kicker is that when the writer of the article tweeted a link to it, the President responded with his usual degree of thoughtfulness and tact.

As a black man. I can't wait till he dies.
I hopes its a shitty death for him fuck his dead moms and punk ass kkk dead father

Oct 28, 2017
Most Americans didn't.

You can make a completely legitimate claim that Americans didn't do enough to stop him, but even among the Americans who voted, most votes cast were not for him.

But surely we've been over this a thousand times by now. I basically spend every miserable minute of my shitty American life resenting and despising myself and my country for not doing enough to stop this. So appreciate this kinship you have with Americans.

Edit: I apologize for getting defensive. It just occurred to me that your post was probably specifically directed at the person you quoted and not the entire country. I guess that exemplifies how stressed out people like me are all the time. Please excuse my temperament.
60 million people out of a 300 million population voted for him

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, the guy said that white supremacists were "very fine people," so this is anything but surprising.

Gluka

Oct 25, 2017

The rest of the OP is spot on, but the assistant transcribing for Trump is probably smart enough not to reply MAGA (on purpose) to a story about Trump being racist.