• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Coast Guard lieutenant who was planning a domestic terrorist attack was using Coast Guard computers for planning the attack and it was his computer usage that was internally flagged by a Coast Guard computer monitoring program that alerted the feds to his plans according to this WaPo article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...term=.1e2eefaaf80e&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

The U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant spent hours on end planning a wide-scale domestic terrorist attack, even logging in at his work computer on the job at headquarters to study the manifestos and heinous paths of mass shooters, prosecutors say. He researched how to carry out sniper attacks, they contend, and whether rifle scopes were illegal. And all the while, investigators assert, he was amassing a cache of weapons as he ruminated about attacks on politicians and journalists.

But Christopher P. Hasson was not an isolated figure, according to a contractor who worked with him. The 49-year-old lieutenant with more than two decades in the Coast Guard was part of a project to replace some aging cutters in the fleet, tasks that regularly required interacting with civilians and military officials at meetings and on travel.

"I don't remember him saying anything that was crazy," said Adam Stolzberg, a contractor who worked at headquarters and was in meetings with Hasson a couple of times a month. Politics never came up, Stolzberg said.

It was only after Hasson's arrest last Friday at his workplace that the chilling plans prosecutors assert he was crafting became apparent, detected by an internal Coast Guard program that watches for any "insider threat."

The program identified suspicious computer activity tied to Hasson, prompting the agency's investigative service to launch an investigation last fall, said Lt. Cmdr. Scott McBride, a service spokesman.

Hasson was arrested on gun and drug charges after officials with the Coast Guard Investigative Service and agents with the FBI in Baltimore began probing activities that prosecutors said in court were linked to what they described as Hasson's white-nationalist views. Federal law enforcement officials seized a stockpile of guns and ammunition from his basement apartment in the Maryland suburbs near Washington in the far east side of Silver Spring in Montgomery County.

"The sheer number and force of the weapons recovered from Mr. Hasson's residence in this case, coupled with the disturbing nature of his writings, appear to reflect a very significant threat to the safety of our community, particularly given the position of trust that Mr. Hasson held with the United States government," U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland Robert K. Hur said Thursday after a hearing in which Hasson was ordered detained.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
this american terrorist was plotting so much death and blooadshed, even with his team in the lead. imagine how bad it will be when they get back to losing.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the media has decided this is boring compared to Jussie faking his assault.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this hasn't appeared in American media until now? I read about it two days ago in Swedish media. I thought it was strange that I couldn't find a thread on it.

Either way, the dude is insane. Majorly inspired by Breivik as well.

Oct 31, 2017
Shootings or plans to commit shootings aren't exactly unique in the USA. A man faking an assault isn't super common, however. Seems obvious why one picks up more media attention than the other.

I like how you excuse the media for ignoring a major national security story because white guys commit mass murder so often it's boring

society is fucked

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, good thing he's a complete moron.

Wait, this hasn't appeared in American media until now? I read about it two days ago in Swedish media. I thought it was strange that I couldn't find a thread on it.

Either way, the dude is insane. Majorly inspired by Breivik as well.

No it has been in the news here, but probably not as much as it should be. The news this morning preferred to talk about the Oscars and the exploding Nike sneaker debacle.

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
On Reddit, there was a pic circulating of this guy's stockpile of guns and ammo. A lot of gun nuts were commenting about how they have a much larger collection of guns. I really don't like these guys.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Zoc

Oct 27, 2017
This is why people have to hammer home that white terrorists are, indeed, terrorists. No way this dude would be let out like this if he were brown and Muslim.

Also, I know that gun rights are sacred to a lot of Americans, even many who post on this board, but what about limiting the number of guns that one individual can have? The purpose of allowing guns is self-protection, right? So, nobody should need more than one.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
LoL getting released prior to trial and they say white privilege is a thing of the past.

Also where are the tweets from your illustrious 45th President God Emperor Deal Maker Lord of United Shtates of America? Where are those tweets?

Edit: I see that white supremacy's liberties were thwarted by the Fed judge! Lo and behold that brave soul.