• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Gloves are coming off:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ies-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.98f00128d2cf

"What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation," Tillerson said, was "to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn't like to read, doesn't read briefing reports, doesn't like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, 'This is what I believe.' "

"He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness," Tillerson said. "But it's not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts."

"So often, the president would say, 'Here's what I want to do, and here's how I want to do it,' " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, "and I would have to say to him, 'Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can't do it that way. It violates the law.' "

"I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with a 128 characters," Tillerson said.

Quotes mostly speak for themselves but he WaPo has some helpful annotation.

Update:

Trump Responds

Dumb as a rock. Lazy as hell.

@realDonaldTrump Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn't have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!

Last edited:

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter doesn't have a 128 character limit, you moron! You idiot! You total doofus!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Figures. How does anyone like or respect Trump. He is worthless Andy a crook.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
longer than that 50 seconds

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
trump will blast him by starting with an insult, an excuse why he was fired. and then reconfirm that nothing is wrong. just the crazy dems fault

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Like I'm not saying this dude is not a piece of shit or anything, but it is still a weird plot twist that the Putin "Order of Friendship" guy ended up being one of the Trump admin's lesser evils.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
You know you fucked up when someone from Exxon Mobile is telling you that you are potentially breaking the law

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
I hope the new Congress subpoenas Tillerson real quick and asks just what he is referring to when he saw the presidump doing that which would "violate the law".

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I mean we all knew this but it's just incredible to hear over and over from the people who were closest to him. So fucking embarrassing. What a worthless, ignorant piece of shit.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like I'm not saying this dude is not a piece of shit or anything, but it is still a weird plot twist that the Putin "Order of Friendship" guy ended up being one of the Trump admin's lesser evils.

He was only there for one job, lifting sanctions for the pipeline which ended up being impossible with the Russian connection. He is still scum but simple for a business profit reason scum.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

"We thought we were signing up for some run-of-the-mill grifting and pillaging. This guy was talking about collecting the Infinity Stones to build a wall around the country."

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for orange shit to order a nuclear strike if he ever gets impeached. He would rather see the entire world go down with him.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for orange shit to order a nuclear strike if he ever gets impeached. He would rather see the entire world go down with him.

Mattis would say fuck no
He is a danger for the world for his populist/racist and environmental policies though.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
It's a little rich to hear him complain that "american's aren't interested in issues". This guy is super-complicit in a lot of garbage, so it feels a little disingenous to concern-troll about "people just aren't curious about these complicated issues" (some that I am directly or indirectly responsible for).

Also, most people are not exactly thrilled about having a Twitter-president. It's almost always talked about as a negative, so I definitely don't think many people "feel satisfied with 128 characters".

He's framing this mess in this annoyingly passive way that absolves him of responsibility (both before and during his time in the administration).

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
That statement of his about Americans being satisfied with 128 characters... That's really the critical point. A society that wanted MORE than that wouldn't have voted Trump in. That says so much about the factors that allowed 2016 to happen. Critical thinking NEEDS to come back to education, otherwise the USA is going to go right back to hunting witches, and thinking that Alexa is a magical fairy that speaks out of a box, fueled by wishes and dreams, and that objectivity is just that thing people do when they think about inanimate objects.

Dec 28, 2017
This cunt waited two years to say something. I see no difference between him and the Pampers President. Both were men that lack basic human decency.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
You know, factual or not the beefing between Trump and ex-admin/campaign officials gives me life on a daily basis. Some humor at the funeral, if you will.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Stop perpetuating this lie. If the president commands it through the chain of command, it will happen. The people who get the command are trained to follow it no matter what because the idea was that it would be used if we were under attack.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...top-trump-nuclear-weapons-20171113-story.html
It's not a lie, the article you posted talked about meeting with various officials before a nuclear strike is ordered. Yes, your point that if the "football" is activated that they would launch it straight away is valid.Trump probably threw out the launch codes with a big mac wrapper though.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
source.gif

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Stop perpetuating this lie. If the president commands it through the chain of command, it will happen. The people who get the command are trained to follow it no matter what because the idea was that it would be used if we were under attack.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...top-trump-nuclear-weapons-20171113-story.html

The Woodward book and the anonymous NYT memo have made it clear that if Trump gave the order they'd just ignore it and placate him until he became distracted with something else. If he gave an unlawful order, they'd be obligated to ignore it. Despite his plays at being a dictator he's the least respected man to sit behind the desk in the last 100 years.