• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
The Woodward book and the anonymous NYT memo have made it clear that if Trump gave the order they'd just ignore it and placate him until he became distracted with something else. If he gave an unlawful order, they'd be obligated to ignore it. Despite his plays at being a dictator he's the least respected man to sit behind the desk in the last 100 years.

Yes. I used to worry about this, but not any more. It's become clear that everyone around Trump spends more time babysitting him, and stonewalling him, than they do enabling him. There's no way a nuke order would be obeyed. The "adults in the room" wouldn't let it happen. I suspect very little that Trump orders gets done without his babysitters' approval.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Tillerson is also a piece of shit but at least when he screws us he does it carefully and within the confines of the law

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I used to worry about this, but not any more. It's become clear that everyone around Trump spends more time babysitting him, and stonewalling him, than they do enabling him. There's no way a nuke order would be obeyed. The "adults in the room" wouldn't let it happen. I suspect very little that Trump orders gets done without his babysitters' approval.

I guess we can take comfort in the fact the the country isn't being led by a democratically elected representative, but rather a coalition of business-world cronies that have situated themselves into high-ranking positions through favouritism and graft.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Fuck him he was still complicit in trump's shitshow
Yep, he'd be going right along with it if he was still on office.

That's the thing about Republicans, they only do the right thing once there is no longer anything in it for them to do the wrong thing. Look at Flake, now that's he out, all of a sudden he's acting like a human being and not a corporate doormat.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rex Tillerson posing himself as the Toby to Trump's Michael.

Except I don't like either of these people.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Doesn't like to read"

I see why his base finds him so relatable

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

He's terrified of being blamed for anything that goes south. All his staff has to do is threaten to resign and he backs down.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Trump, willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy, and showing a callous disregard for the rule of law? I refuse to believe such a thing until I can see at least 2,376 examples of it and.... come to think of it that checks out completely.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I guess we can take comfort in the fact the the country isn't being led by a democratically elected representative, but rather a coalition of business-world cronies that have situated themselves into high-ranking positions through favouritism and graft.

Well yeah, the glass half-empty read of the NYT memo is that the president is surrounded by people who know he's a moron, but still won't remove him from office because they like that a Republican president can sign off on tax breaks.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
And yet you worked for him.
I don't mind this. Anything to shield from Trump's incompetence. Not everything is black or white. I'd rather have cabinet members reign the idiot in. It's not like they're Democrats anyway, so thinking they are is wishful thinking.

Nov 20, 2017
The thing about Tillerson and Cohn is that they've spent their entire professional lives dodging needless illegality to get away with necessary illegality (to their mind).

Dump them into a room with perfect chaos and they're scrambling to protect themselves because they've seen how the sausage is made.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

I assume that's sarcasm, but that's where we stand. All the favoritism and graft come back to Trump, if it makes you feel any better. He's not at the mercy of it, he's the source of it. Also, it's a bit of a stretch to refer to Trump as "democratically elected".

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Have any former notable Trump cabinet members spoken well of the guy?

Session hates him
Breitbart founder thinks he's an idiot.
Tillerson think's he's an idiot.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Yes. I used to worry about this, but not any more. It's become clear that everyone around Trump spends more time babysitting him, and stonewalling him, than they do enabling him.

It's amazing and scary to think that the only thing that will prevent Trump from becoming a dictator is his total lack of intelligence.

Clinton got more votes, but he still got ELECTED. And close to 40% of the US population is still behind him.

If this turd had Putin level of intelligence, he would be King by now.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing and scary to think that the only thing that will prevent Trump from becoming a dictator is his total lack of intelligence.

Clinton got more votes, but he still got ELECTED. And close to 40% of the US population is still behind him.

If this turd had Putin level of intelligence, he would be King by now.

Imagine if he was smart and had charisma.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
source.gif

This is much closer to the truth than I'm comfortable with.

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Trump will say he is disgruntled employees. All who work for me now say i am best. He was not best so i fired him .Maga.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tillerson was most likely disgusted that he got to the White House and the President, someone who holds himself out as a Titan of Industry, was nothing more than a trust fund dipshit. Tillerson, as an actual CEO of a publicly traded company responsible to a board, shareholders, the market, who could be removed for poor performance, who had to deliver profits to meet quarterly + annually earnings expectations, etc., had to deal with someone who was in charge of a privately held family company, thus he answered to no one but himself, and who didn't earn a damn thing himself.

The only similarity between the two, business-wise, was their titles.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb as a rock. Lazy as hell.

@realDonaldTrump Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn't have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
DOESN'T LIKE. To READ. Jesus Christ. I mean we all knew that, but it appears that the gloves are off.

Tillerson is still an asshole, so when his book about his time as SoS eventually comes out, I won't be buying it. ....I'll get it from the library, lol.

@realDonaldTrump Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn't have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!

Completely unhinged and lashing out like a cornered animal. I am edging so hard for whatever news might be dropped in the very near future.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Of course his projection on the guy who called him a "moron" before being fired is that he has low intelligence.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Lazy as hell says this president? lmao. Baby needs more "presidential time", he's cranky.

Not even going to touch the "mental capacity", Trump doesn't even know how healthcare works, nevermind as he hires pretty faces with little experience to fill ambassador roles.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017

Sooo... 6 months until Pompeo is fired?
(Though he actually seems to like Pompeo, unfortunately).

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Weird how he only has the best people for the job according to his campaign promises and then he hires all doofuses. Mhm.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw Trump's latest Tweet praising Pompeo. Isn't this what he does right before he fires them?

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Wow. Just that 2 minute clip of Tillerson and you already can tell he's far more intelligent than Trump.

Trump, your time has come buddy.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Not his fault. Obama should have told him! Where was the Obama vetting of all Trump job picks? And, is that going to be in the Great Witch Hunt report?!

🤔

It is true, "strong white alpha" conservatives sure need a black man to tell them what to do. You could almost say they're...cucks.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
🤔

It is true, "strong white alpha" conservatives sure need a black man to tell them what to do. You could almost say they're...cucks.
Hey now, let's be civil. You're just as bad as the kids in cages jail keepers with words like "cuck". Don't make me vote for Trump you mean liberal on the internet!

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Trump saying somebody else is "lazy as hell" is fucking hilarious

I'm not a huge Enron fan but it should be easy to point out how much more successful Tillerson was as a businessman than Trump

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

The fucking irony of the stable genius commenting on anyone's mental abilities.

Fucking grade AAA moron right there.