• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Is it too much to ask that these people admit they're idiots in addition to regretting their votes?

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Butterfly in the skyyyyyy
He told you he'd build the wall twice as hiiiiiigh
Just take a look; you voted for a dumbass crook
You reap what you sooooow

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
un4ppKJ.gif

LLD6ZNu.gif

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
By backing the wall, my party has abandoned the conservative principles I treasure: less government, less spending

Was this guy not paying attention during W's presidency? Those are things republicans say but don't actually do and haven't been since I've been alive. That rhetoric is basically code for 'we don't want to spend money on poor people and minorities.'

Oct 25, 2017
this is actually a roundabout explanation for the "Obama -> Trump" voters

they're the ones who correctly recognized that their own personal "butterfly sanctuary" analogues would be destroyed back during the Great Recession if another Republican got into office, but once they felt the danger to them passed, they were glad to jump back into social conservatism to put minorities in their place

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Another partisan republican who hasn't payed attention to what this party has done under Bush and under Trump now. Read up on the federal budget, Guerra, and learn what they've done.

Exactly what I was thinking while reading through this op-ed of this pathetic excuse for a voter. Of course you don't care about immigrants, other human beings. Of course not. You only care now because THE WALL is affecting your fucking butterflies.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Considering all the things going on, like kids in cages, this pisses me off. This gets your attention?

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
"He either knows that it's not true or he's living in an alternate reality."

Such beautiful self-reflection is making me kiss my fingers like I tasted the best dessert in town.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking while reading through this op-ed of this pathetic excuse for a voter. Of course you don't care about immigrants, other human beings. Of course not. You only care now because THE WALL is affecting your fucking butterflies

It's "FU I got mine" until it becomes "FU I don't got mine anymore"

As a Trump supporter, life comes at you fast.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
"He either knows that it's not true or he's living in an alternate reality."

Such beautiful self-reflection is making me kiss my fingers like I tasted the best dessert in town.

I'd like to welcome the author to reality we've been living in for the last 2 years. This is clearly a man who has never watched an SHS presser.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering all the things going on, like kids in cages, this pisses me off. This gets your attention?

I do wonder where their empathy went. They only care when it impacts them in some negative way. It was nice to read at the end that the butterfly person was shocked that they were agreeing with Pelosi. So, maybe there's hope for that one, but the golf course guy is a lost cause.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Really, "amazed" to find support? Maybe vote for policies rather than for parties who don't have any of your interests at heart. You. Gigantic. Selfish. Fuckwad.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't vote for Trump but honestly I thought he was just all talk before the election. I thought the wall was just campaign talk.

Not surprised people thought the same.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Why do people vote like this?
As a non-American (Canadian, or America Lite), it seems to me like the vast majority of America votes like this: our team vs. your team. It's just that one team (Democrats) is more willing to vote for the other party/a third party, whereas the other team (Republicans) is not.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
you voted.

sorry for the butterflies, but fuck that guy, now that his single issue of the butterfly lobby is threatened.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"I don´t give a shit about immigrants and refugees but ooh wait my lovely butterflies. Nooo there goes my profits. Thanks Trump"

Get rekt stupid asshole

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
As a non-American (Canadian, or America Lite), it seems to me like the vast majority of America votes like this: our team vs. your team. It's just that one team (Democrats) is more willing to vote for the other party/a third party, whereas the other team (Republicans) is not.

This is true. Thanks to the Trumps lack of an actual conservative platform, Recent studies show that people will vote against their party's ideology if their party leader supports an idea.

https://news.byu.edu/news/does-political-party-trump-ideology

Respondents who knew less about politics, those who approved of President Trump, strong Republicans and self-identified conservatives were the groups most likely to be moved by seeing an endorsement of a policy by President Trump. Surprisingly, this was true of both a liberal and conservative endorsement. In other words, despite identifying as conservative Republicans, these individuals were more likely to endorse a liberal policy when told that President Trump supported that policy.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Destroying Butterfly sanctuaries to own the libs.

No sympathy whatsoever for anyone that voted for Trump and are now feeling the consequences of their dumb decision.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No sympathy whatsoever. How utterly ignorant or malicious do you have to be to vote for Trump in the first place.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
No sympathy whatsoever. How utterly ignorant or malicious do you have to be to vote for Trump in the first place.
100% this. He's not even seeing the error of his ways. This is a guy that thinks all life is precious unless it's a foreign life. He may not have believed that Trump would do the wall, but he knowingly voted for putting people in danger.

This is some Jim Crow-level "my dog is more precious than a black" bullshit.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
"I voted for Trump but I didn't think he was gonna do the things he said" is essentially their "I'm not racist but", right? What this one is trying to say is that "I voted for Trump because I'm a loyal conservative, not because I agreed with his values, I'm not a bigot", but just in case anyone might take his "regret" literally, this gem here made sure to compare Mexican immigrants to the hurricane so we won't make that mistake.

He's so definitely going to continue to vote GOP next time, he will continue to justify his disgusting action by the same excuse of "yeah, but they aren't going to do what they said".

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
"I voted for Trump but I didn't think he was gonna do the things he said" is essentially their "I'm not racist but", right?

I would say it's the polar oposite of saying "im not racist but", it's more like "im racist and my racist voting affected me because being racist was more important to me than anything else".

It's like, instead of trying to shoddily "hide" their racism they're signaling it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder:

People have asked me, "Didn't you listen to Trump when he said that he would build a wall?" I didn't take the idea seriously during the campaign. I knew he couldn't get Mexico to pay it — that'd be like asking Hurricane Harvey to foot the bill for rebuilding Houston — and thought it was just talk: another candidate making big promises he couldn't keep. I never thought it would actually happen.