• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
You can quip prickishly if you like, but why don't you share the sources for your information. Kelly flies under the radar since his odd gold star support of trump, as far as I know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a768c8586f1_story.html?utm_term=.ea22403e611e

White House chief of staff tried to pressure acting DHS secretary to expel thousands of Hondurans, officials say

On Monday, as the Department of Homeland Security prepared to extend the residency permits of tens of thousands of Hondurans living in the United States, White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly called acting secretary Elaine Duke to pressure her to expel them, according to current and former administration officials.

Duke refused to reverse her decision and was angered by what she felt was a politically driven intrusion by Kelly and Tom Bossert, the White House homeland security adviser, who also called her about the matter, according to officials with knowledge of Monday's events.

With the extension of the Hondurans' residency permits, Kelly told her that the TPS decision "keeps getting kicked down the road" and that the additional delay "prevents our wider strategic goal" on immigration, the White House official said.

DHS had until the end of the day Monday to announce its plans for some 57,000 Hondurans and 2,500 Nicaraguans who were allowed to remain in the United States under TPS after Hurricane Mitch hit Central America in 1998.

An additional 50,000 Haitians and 200,000 Salvadorans were nervously awaiting the decision, as their residency permits will expire early next year

We know how this turned out

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"This is a good compromise that would help the most people"

45: "That sounds great, let's go with this"

*shakes keys* "Over here, sir. This is the one you want to sign. Its great for us and fucks everyone else"

45: "I'm signing the jingly one!!! Fuck those minorites!!!"

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kelly made it clear he was a racist with his rewriting of history and smearing the congress woman so I'm not surprised.

I don't agree with Lindsey Graham on a lot of things but nice seeing him back.

Whatever. He'll still be a water-carrying goon on Russia and Fusion GPS. Fuck Lindsey Graham.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Kelly and Miller have their own agendas on immigration and have been trying to scuttle potential compromises for awhile now.

They've been successful largely because the President doesn't care.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Tom Cotton is human cancer. And I dont say that word lightly. He is cancer in human form.

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
The only skill that Trump has that is required to be president is being able to write his own name.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Excuse my ignorance, but why aren't these meetings recorded?

They're not openly recorded if only because negotiation requires a little haggling, and legislators don't like to go on record as considering positions their sponsors wouldn't like. The exception was the dog and pony show they held last week to counter rumours that the President was incapable of acting like a President.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what the fuck he was doing for the past like 2 months anyway. What the hell was Lindsay's play.
Lindsey has been trying to do something w/ immigration for years. I suspect he thought if he kissed enough Trump ass he could get something done. And today he's realized that was that was a bad move.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
He is literally a puppet and whoever is the last person to manipulate him or tell him what he wants to hear will win his favour.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miller reminds me of that asshole from eBay that outbids you in the last second on that item you really want.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Miller reminds me of that asshole from eBay that outbids you in the last second on that item you really want.

That would be all of us. I played the auction game on eBay just once and ended up madly overbidding but not even coming as high as 10% as the final selling price.

Since then I simply estimate what I'm prepared to pay and make my maximum bid within the final 15 seconds of the auction. I make sure I'll never have time to put in a second bid so it forces me to think carefully about what an item is worth to me. Their automatic bidding system ensures that I never have to pay my maximum bid unless by sheer coincidence I outbid somebody else by a tiny amount.