• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The reporting on this is really weird. This "private [Microsoft-stored] email" is super different than the Clinton "private [personally-stored] email," but the story doesn't explain that until deep in.

But whatever. How Ivanka conducts gov't business isn't nearly as alarming as THAT she conducts gov't business. Kushner family participation in the White House should be sufficient grounds to oust Trump on its own.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
That would be why I included the snippet with my father. Course, you hadn't presented your mother as a completely unreasonable person until now.

It sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place. Basically, you have the options of fighting a losing battle and keeping your mouth shut and tolerating it.

The totally unreasonable thing is widespread. Denying climate is insanity, for instance. The caravan thing is insane. Trying to seriously debate this stuff can strain a relationship.

I am, btw, doing something other than debating or pretending everythings fine. I talk to her about this stuff and i engage her. I majorly softball the "debate". I dont care if shes wrong. I let her know that i disagree but i look for places where i can somehow agree. And we talk. And i try to understand what the hell is going on with her. She seems scared of lots of things. And she's so angry. Its an emotional thing.

I was asking around anyhow because i was wondering how other people are dealing with it.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
So if she didn't use a private server, that means probably one of Google, Apple, or Microsoft has her unencrypted government emails? That's nice.

I'm just going to assume she doesn't use Proton Mail. If I'm wrong, my bad.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Got me. I don't really care about emails. My mom would be all over that point. Because she pretends to care about emails.
Yup. There's like 50 examples of this, and it's why the whole "just have a conversation with them" thing is complete bullshit. They bring up things like "emails" because they make the other side look bad, not because they actually care about those things.

"Oh no, Hillary gave a speech to Goldman Sachs, that's bad.

Oh yay, Trump made the former CEO of Goldman Sachs the motherfucking Secretary of Treasury, that's somehow good."

Oct 27, 2017
Just read about this bullshit earlier. Corrupt fucking bastard family. Throw them all in a grotty cell and throw away the key.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017