• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean. We can't say he was murdered because of this. Even if there was a 1% chance it could happen in a hanging, we still cant say unequivocally that he was murdered. But the likelihood of him being murdered is certainly far higher than any other person in custody at the time.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i havent followed as closely as some, so whats the word on camera footage? you'd think by now they would have just looked at the footage, and could tell us exactly what happened.

dont tell me he wasnt monitored...

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
CNN talked to some doctors about the WaPo article who said the presence of multiple neck fractures is actually more consistent with a hanging death than strangulation.

1b71db.gif

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
And I was imagining that he used a belt on a door knob and tied his feet to something to hang himself, something that couldn't possibly break his neck bones like a jerk drop hanging usually would. What kind of awesome suicide devices was he given (if he killed himself)?

This is a misunderstanding that keeps coming up in the thread: the fractures don't have to have to be caused by sudden impact, it could also be the body weight pulling against the neck bones over time at an odd angle. I work law enforcement and the gruesome part of suicide by hanging is what happens to the body if not discovered quickly. It ain't like in the movies.

Deleted member 39450

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA
i get that people don't want to add fuel to conspiracy theories because they're usually bullshit
but come on
epstein was murdered
if i see a staff post that says "don't add fuel to that fire haha we don't know for sure"
fuck off, don't lie to yourself
he had info
they killed him to protect themselves
you don't just pull someone that important off constant suicide watch
don't give me any more bullshit

Well shit, I typed in "resetera.com" but somehow landed at The Unz Review.

I hate when that happens.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't there security cameras in this prison?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I think there is increasing plausibility in murder theories, but I am still on the side of a suicide for now. Maybe 70/30 suicide/murder.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
If anything suicide is the conspiracy theory. The guy had many, many millions and he would probably get a slap on the wrist just like last time because having money means you get to do whatever you want.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is letting Epstein kill himself the same as murder? Like, did Batman kill Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins ("I'm not going to kill you but I don't have to save you either")? That always seemed way easier than actually killing him/having him killed.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I wonder if my cousin was part of this autopsy effort. He's a forensic pathologist in NYC. I'll have to give him a call today and see what he thinks. There's no way he hasn't been at least talking about this with his fellow doctors in his office there.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Conspiracy or collosal fuck up by the prison, it doesn't matter because the end result is the same, rich paedophilic pieces of shit rest easy...again. The victims do not get any justice...again.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Conspiracy or collosal fuck up by the prison, it doesn't matter because the end result is the same, rich paedophilic pieces of shit rest easy...again. The victims do not get any justice...again.

I wouldn't count on that if I were them. All the evidence now can't be challenged so they're worse off in some pretty key legal aspects.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

the worst part is that , push the conspiracy stuff aside...

So everyone 100% knows the system is inept then? And no wealthy people will ever be brought to justice due to... lax standards at a facility if they do ever get this far. They'll just kill themselves...or, they get sweet heart deals from the DA.. and thats fine too..But no, these efforts are just evidence of a broken system, and no one in power is working with corrupt entities to act/not act. No, that is impossible.

Thats a turd sandwich either way you eat it.

Oct 27, 2017
Discussion shouldn't even be if he was murdered or not but why he was left unguarded for so long .
I still consider undue external influence by people in powerful places pushing to allow him off of suicide watch and putting him back in the SHU alone without cellmates a much more plausible illicit action than any sort of murder. It'd be a convenient kind of assistive suicide that would certainly benefit the powerful that could be roped into this yet still give them and prison officials plausible deniability.

Oct 25, 2017
CNN talked to some doctors about the WaPo article who said the presence of multiple neck fractures is actually more consistent with a hanging death than strangulation.

Multiple neck(cervical spine) fractures are consistent with hanging but that usually requires dropping a significant amount. Usually suicides in this nature are asphyxiation deaths as the people don't have somewhere to drop from. They tie a sheet to a door handle, bed post/etc. and lean forward. I guess context would matter. How was he found? Did the cell have rafters or somewhere he was able to actually hang from? Otherwise, spinal fractures would be less likely self inflicted. You don't see spinal fractures with just choking, but if there was a struggle and his neck hit something like the bed-frame it could happen.

Also, the types of neck fractures matter as well. That clues you in whether the fractures were likely caused from hanging or a different force. Hangings cause a different pattern than blunt trauma to the back given the direction of force. The ME should be able to identify the type of cervical fractures easily. I'm not really sure why they couldn't give a straight answer from the autopsy.

EDIT

That last expert mentions it "possibility of force during hanging could be shown."

Last edited: