• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
People have been saying this for a while, and while it is technically true, T-Series is essentially the Bollywood movie industry, while Pewdiepie is just one guy.

Like I find it kind of incredible in a way that one Youtuber can have close to as many subs a giant media conglomerate.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
A one-man brand outperformed by a big media channel? Oh noes. He'll be drying his tears in a swimming pool full of cash.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah people in India are not automatically subscribed to T-Series. What a bullshit post.

Also, conglomerate is a not a synonym for a corporation. T-Series is exclusively in the film/music production and distribution industry.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Not surprised at all. T-series posts songs from bollywood movies that are incredibly popular. 99% certain they'll be the first ones with 100mil subs.

Oct 27, 2017
PewDiePie is a piece of shit, and his subscription numbers are basically bullshit. He never posts anywhere that number of views. These days he averages closer to 5M than 50M views.

On YouTube, pulling in views that equal 10% of your total subscription base per video is pretty normal.

The average channel is not typically getting view numbers equal or greater to the total subscriber base unless they're focused on tentpole content and upload far less frequently than the average Youtube channel.

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for the bump, but I just found out about this yesterday after seeing a number of YouTubers trying to get more people to subscribe to PewDiePie in response to this. Markiplier had a stream about it, and Jackscepticeye made a community post. Knowing that Felix drops n-bombs and consorts with the likes of Ben Shapiro, it disappoints me that they felt the need to boost his ego like this. 😕

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PDP will remain the king for a few more months I guess. But anyway, it's really cool to see some fellow youtubers renting billboards and everything just to support him in his fight against T-Series

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Apologies for the bump, but I just found out about this yesterday after seeing a number of YouTubers trying to get more people to subscribe to PewDiePie in response to this. Markiplier had a stream about it, and Jackscepticeye made a community post. Knowing that Felix drops n-bombs and consorts with the likes of Ben Shapiro, it disappoints me that they felt the need to boost his ego like this. 😕

I've been following the situation for a while, it's them giving in to the fans who would constantly spam their comments and tweets about helping pewdiepie.

That would also explain why their shout outs were so minimal in terms of effort.

What's more interesting to me is that Pewdiepie is ignoring that some of his fans are taking this situation too far and are actually harassing Indian people over this.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PewDiePie will still remain the most subscribed independent YouTube channel.

Also, all new users in India are basically auto subscribed to T-Series, which for me devalues the accomplishment by a lot. Not hard to be on top when you get special privileges.

PewDiePie is still the champion.

What do you mean auto subscribed? How does that work exactly?

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
2o13ke.jpg

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Bollywood gets one step closer to world domination
You don't want to be in a world dominated by Bollywood. 99% of the shit coming out of there is vapid bollocks and anything that tries to actually raise awareness about social issues either gets banned or threatened to get banned and actors/directors get death threats. The music is similarly uninspiring, shallow shit. HOWEVER, Pewdiepie is trash too, so I'm kinda ambivalent to this situation.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark

Window

Oct 27, 2017
You don't want to be in a world dominated by Bollywood. 99% of the shit coming out of there is vapid bollocks and anything that tries to actually raise awareness about social issues either gets banned or threatened to get banned and actors/directors get death threats. The music is similarly uninspiring, shallow shit. HOWEVER, Pewdiepie is trash too, so I'm kinda ambivalent to this situation.
So like Hollywood then. Censorship and threatening of filmmakers is definitely terrible though.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, that was indeed a very good article. Especially because it does not say anything about him being a Nazi. Reading Jordan Peterson's book makes him a nazi? Making meme reviews? Doing parodies?

Look, I also don't think that Pewdiepie is a nazi, but the people he is associating with since that article came out are definitely not helping him in getting rid of that image.
And that's without acknowledging the amount of alt-right (and Alt-right leaning) fans he attracted due to how he handled that situation.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now since I could see him being pushed into where he is, but this situation is make n break for me since this is a situation he himself has created and thus he should speak out about those stepping out of line

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think pewdiepie is a Nazi, I think he is a massive fucking idiot who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
PewDiePie will still remain the most subscribed independent YouTube channel.

Also, all new users in India are basically auto subscribed to T-Series, which for me devalues the accomplishment by a lot. Not hard to be on top when you get special privileges.

PewDiePie is still the champion.
Fuck that guy. I have no clue why he is so popular.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
He's racist, which is clear from his slips on stream. The word casually flowed out like any other word that's prominent in his vocabulary for those moments.

It wouldn't come that easy if it were not a word he uses often.

Nazi is hyperbole from the information we have, but fuck him for his racism and inability to self-reflect and grow when called out for it.

On his numbers: he was an OG creator and had far less contest when he made it big. Stil a huge accomplishment for an individual (although he's probably had a team for a long time now), but other creators with huge numbers are in a saturated field. It's probably going to be a long time before and individual personality makes it past him.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
What is this auto subbed bullshit? I'm Indian and no one in my circle of friends and family is subbed to T-Series. As for Pewdiepie, he isn't going anywhere. Guy's like a (racist) bag of Doritos--doesn't really appeal to quality or taste, but it's easy-to-consume comfort food.

Edit: On further thought, I love how westerners feel comfortable believing all kinds of weird crap about India and other Asian countries. How would auto subbing to T series even work? You need a google account to subscribe, and it doesn't come pre-made with a phone or a connection. And unlike the west, our phones don't come tied to specific operators.

Last edited:

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
Yes, reading a Nazi book written by a Nazi also kinda makes you a Nazi. Doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.
Now this is just silly. You can definitely read a book a disagree with the ideas the book conveys. Heck, you can find and read Mein Kampf in many libraries, it doesn't make you a nazi, agreeing with the ideas of these books, is what makes you one.

Now, I'm not saying that pdp isn't a nazi, because with his racism and antisemitism he kinda fits the description, but a book isn't the reason for that.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
On further thought, I love how westerners feel comfortable believing all kinds of weird crap about India and other Asian countries. How would auto subbing to T series even work? You need a google account to subscribe, and it doesn't come pre-made with a phone or a connection. And unlike the west, our phones don't come tied to specific operators

The idea is that once you create a YouTube account in India you'll get automatically subscribed to T-Series over there.

Just as idiotic in my opinion, because if YouTube wants you desperately to subscribe to a channel they'll just bomb your recommendations with videos from that channel until you do.

And that's just one of the three most popular conspiracy theories in that fandom lol

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No offense, but the only thing I can find, rightly accused of, is using the n-word once during a stream, which of course is inexcusable, but far from being a Nazi.

you're not looking very hard. his run-ins with controversy involving this have been very big stories over the last half decade or so. i'm not going to call him a nazi, but he is certainly guilty of normalizing the type of "humor" that amounts to laughing at jews or whatever. and it's not like it's just one or 2 things. it's a pattern. he seems to have gotten better at hiding it these days, though.

anyways, it's funny to see someone act surprised about someone calling pewdiepie a nazi, as if this comes out of nowhere.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PDP will remain the king for a few more months I guess. But anyway, it's really cool to see some fellow youtubers renting billboards and everything just to support him in his fight against T-Series

More like really fucking stupid.

Youtubers are trash that value protecting their own kind over letting racist pieces of shit from get deplatformed. Because "Fuck the man".

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So this is how PewDiePie ends... with sweet dance moves.
Hm? He's still the top YT channel. A media company dethroning him is not that impressive.

YT is still very young. I do wonder what happens as it evolves. His controversies aside, I never cared for PDP content. It's not entertaining to me at all. But it seems kids love him.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
What is this auto subbed bullshit? I'm Indian and no one in my circle of friends and family is subbed to T-Series. As for Pewdiepie, he isn't going anywhere. Guy's like a (racist) bag of Doritos--doesn't really appeal to quality or taste, but it's easy-to-consume comfort food.

Edit: On further thought, I love how westerners feel comfortable believing all kinds of weird crap about India and other Asian countries. How would auto subbing to T series even work? You need a google account to subscribe, and it doesn't come pre-made with a phone or a connection. And unlike the west, our phones don't come tied to specific operators.
Lol, people think t-series need youtube to stay in business. They've yet to realize that youtube is just ancillary to the huge bollywood/media stuff they run.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
At least the only good things to come out of this is that PDP called out the toxicity of his base towards India and promoting that charity for children in India.