• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump's remarks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html

Update w/ White House response:

Update 2 w/ statement by Dem Senator Durbin, who was in the room with Trump:

Last edited:

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.
This is the literal definition of being a white supremacist.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
nervously-drinking-water.gif

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'd love for there to have been video of that. For my own morbid consumption, not under the assumption it'd mean anything to his base. You know other than "he has a point" or some other bullshit.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the literal definition of being a white supremacist.
You could give him the benefit of the doubt by pointing out it's a well functioning first world country vs. third world corrupt "not so nice" places, but the Orange idiot doesn't deserve that benefit anymore after Charlottesville.

phaeta

Oct 25, 2017
To paraphrase the late Dennis Green (Vikings/Cardinals head coach): "He is who we thought he was."

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Norwegians want to leave a super wealthy, safe and beautiful country with a strong safety net to go to America? I mean except if you want to start a tech start up or go to an Ivy league university I guess ...

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Not surprising he said it, but surprising that it wasn't like in private or something. He just put his racism out there in front of lawmakers who are obviously gonna talk about it to the press.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you to the lawmakers taken aback by his comment. F. U.

Sick of being taken aback. Let's lick his ass more once news cycle dies down

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I thought the stuff about him having a limited memory was a bit of a joke, the Norway stuff has made me reconsider that.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
You go out of your way to make America a shitty place, the only people who'll want to move here are those in extraordinarily shittier countries.

You want "better" immigrants you're going to need to stop doing what you've been doing and go in the other direction, Donnie Littlehands.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
I have a serious hard time understanding how anyone in American can have an anti-immigration stance. So many people are willing to risk everything to come here. So many people just want to give it a chance in America, that's amazing, why are we shunning people away?!

Dec 12, 2017

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're almost to the point where the Trump administration (and by extension, the GOP) is just going to drop all the spin and PR talk and say "yeah, we hate brown people, so what?"

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks for some to read, but this is what some of your parents or siblings or friends (or yourselves) voted for, either sheepishly or boastfully. None of this is surprising.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why would anyone from a country better off than the U.S. possibly want to migrate to the U.S.? And in terms of xenophobic leadership and populace, there really aren't many countries worse for immigrants than the US right now.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This fucking guy. I can't wait to see what Republicans try to say to defend him this time.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie

.@NBCNews source: As Durbin explained how deal would impact ppl from Haiti, Trump said, "Haiti? Why do we want people from Haiti here?" Then they got Africa. 'Why do we want these people from all these shithole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Attempts to assemble some kind of bi-partisan immigration deal appear to be encountering some difficulties...

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.6facfded4055