• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
When Trump has shit on every single ally imaginable but never has a remotely bad word to say about Putin, its obvious isn't it?

Isn't it fellow Americans? my god

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly while I think this could finally, at last, be something that does him in (everything until now for the past year or so has been "but will it really?" and has indeed proven to not be enough)... I'm concerned this just means we're gonna have Pence as president. That, to me, is like ten times worse, since other conservative heads of government and fair-weather-friend Dems can at least respect him, and Republicans will have no conflict of interest supporting him. ... And Pence will just continue shitting on science, continue locking up children and looking the other way when they and their mothers are raped, and in general promoting white, cis, straight supremacy just as Trump does, only with a veneer of "respectability".

And I'm really not seeing how this will take Pence down unless I read too fast and missed something. So I'm kinda scared. Was hoping any big scoop would actually include Pence in wrongdoing.
First off Pence would have to deal with both the transition and a Democrat House of Representatives, he wouldn't be able to get anything done by the end of the term which would be less than 2 years

Second I'm tired of hearing Pence would be worse, Trump has caused the largest shutdown in our governments history, mismanaged natural disasters worse then any president, and has done a huge job in normalizing racism.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could you just fucking imagine, for one minute, if Obama were ever guilty of doing something like this?

Damn.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel Pence wouldn't have that teflon shield Trump seems to have, if he fucks up, he doesn't tweet some crap or does another stupid thing to distract, it lingers with focus like it use to. As said above the Democrats have power to curb a lot of things

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Of course it could be him having learned behaviour from hiding evidence over the years but it could be an anxiety thing too.

A guy I worked with used to sneakily tear bits of paper and chew on them. I never saw him spit it out and he would continually tear more and more so I assume he was eating it too.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was anyone else aware of the 'elevator' video? Apparently there's video of him violently assaulting Melania in an elevator in Trump Tower - TMZ and the Enquirer were both involved. They were talking about it on the Bailstreet podcast.

Melanie is a strange one. She has looked scared like his inauguration with the smile when he turns around but other times she swipes his hand away in public which I imagine she wouldn't ever think of doing if he was that abusive. Either a dynamic has changed that she has power over him, proof of something so he doesn't step out of line. It's odd.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I feel Pence wouldn't have that teflon shield Trump seems to have, if he fucks up, he doesn't tweet some crap or does another stupid thing to distract, it lingers with focus like it use to. As said above the Democrats have power to curb a lot of things

He'd be the modern equivalent of Gerald Ford.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
First off Pence would have to deal with both the transition and a Democrat House of Representatives, he wouldn't be able to get anything done by the end of the term which would be less than 2 years

Second I'm tired of hearing Pence would be worse, Trump has caused the largest shutdown in our governments history, mismanaged natural disasters worse then any president, and has done a huge job in normalizing racism.
First, as I said, the old guard of Dems are all about respectability rather than policy. As long as Pence doesn't act like a child, I can see them bendi- excuse me, "compromising" with him and the Senate.

Second... The thing is I doubt Pence would stop the further normalization of racism, ESPECIALLY against brown people, given his Evangelical roots, but perhaps he wouldn't. He definitely would, however, not stop the current trajectory of ICE and immigration policy as it is under Trump. He would also further normalize other forms of bigotry in misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia. I also feel like no Republican would've treated the crisis in PR any differently. The only reason Bush handled Katrina at all is because a lot of his base was located there. These people just don't care about anyone outside of themselves.

You have a good point about the shutdown, that's truly a tantrum move. So in that aspect, yes, Trump is worse.

I hope that I am incorrect about all of this though and if Trump goes down and Pence doesn't that things will actually be marginally better, but I have my suspicions.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
If this exact scenario had been depicted in a movie, the audience would be rolling their eyes, yelling at the screen at how obviously compromised the president is, but no one around him is acknowledging or doing anything about it. It would be seen as implausible, ridiculous and insulting to the audience's intelligence.

And yet, over two years in, here we are. Jesus. I hope the time for consequences is near.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Is there even a remote chance that Mueller's report isn't damning at this point? Imagine what we still don't know.
Best case scenario for Trump is he's a useful idiot being played and only half of his administration goes down in flames. The fact this is the best case scenario was nuts only a year ago.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
First, as I said, the old guard of Dems are all about respectability rather than policy. As long as Pence doesn't act like a child, I can see them bendi- excuse me, "compromising" with him and the Senate.

Second... The thing is I doubt Pence would stop the further normalization of racism, ESPECIALLY against brown people, given his Evangelical roots, but perhaps he wouldn't. He definitely would, however, not stop the current trajectory of ICE and immigration policy as it is under Trump. He would also further normalize other forms of bigotry in misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia. I also feel like no Republican would've treated the crisis in PR any differently. The only reason Bush handled Katrina at all is because a lot of his base was located there. These people just don't care about anyone outside of themselves.

You have a good point about the shutdown, that's truly a tantrum move. So in that aspect, yes, Trump is worse.

I hope that I am incorrect about all of this though and if Trump goes down and Pence doesn't that things will actually be marginally better, but I have my suspicions.
The thing is Trump has created a cult that takes any negative information about him as "Fake News", if Trump gets arrested there should be a number of them realizing that they've been misinformed and tricked into worshipping an actual traitor, these are people who like to call themselves patriots so I do believe there will be quite a few who'll take a step back after all is said and done

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Trump allies said the president thinks the presence of subordinates impairs his ability to establish a rapport with Putin, and that his desire for secrecy may also be driven by embarrassing leaks that occurred early in his presidency.

What kinda "rapport" we talking about here and WHY is Trump so interested in establishing a good relationship with Russia, of all nations? To avoid a nuclear conflict? If that were so, has either country committed to reducing their nuclear arsenals?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would his own administration, much less the GOP, be cool with any one this? Obviously they don't care if he is a traitor but surely they want to know all the details to form the best defense?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Why would his own administration, much less the GOP, be cool with any one this? Obviously they don't care if he is a traitor but surely they want to know all the details to form the best defense?

A bunch of GOP senators flew to Russia and met with government officials there.

GOP has no problem because they see Russia as an ally.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is it so fucking plain to see that Trump is compromised yet people still doubt it. Stop being fucking stupid.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I keep telling myself I need to prepare to be underwhelmed by the findings of Mueller's investigation, but then we get another news story like this. I'll say one thing, if Trump isn't guilty as sin he's pretty fucking good at making himself look suspicious as all hell.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias

One hilarious thing about Trump and the translator is that 2016 was literally the only election in American history to feature document-retention policy compliance as a major issue.

Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom

There are more people in the Kremlin than in Washington who know what Trump said to Putin.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The thing is Trump has created a cult that takes any negative information about him as "Fake News", if Trump gets arrested there should be a number of them realizing that they've been misinformed and tricked into worshipping an actual traitor, these are people who like to call themselves please so I do believe there will be quite a few who'll take a step back after all is said and done
I can only hope that'll be the case then.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what im saying.

It would benefit them to have all the details of their conspiracy instead of letting Trump be a wild card.

They seem confident they will escape unscathed even if Trump goes down, no one wants to stand in the way and obstruct or get mixed up in it.

They Tweet and say things but none of them has actually protected Trump from Mueller in any real way.

There's a few shmucks like Rand Paul and Rohrbacher who were neck deep into this

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Of course it could be him having learned behaviour from hiding evidence over the years but it could be an anxiety thing too.

A guy I worked with used to sneakily tear bits of paper and chew on them. I never saw him spit it out and he would continually tear more and more so I assume he was eating it too.
Could be an iron deficiency

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't members of the NRA fly to Russia as well? The GOP seems to get a lot of Russian money.

Russia has been cozying up to the NRA, religious right and GOP politicians for years.

You've got Treasury officials sharing financial info with Russian Intelligence over Gmail FFS.

This isn't the 80s, there isn't enough people who see Russia as a threat. I wonder how Mitt Romney will act now.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
A bunch of GOP senators flew to Russia and met with government officials there.

GOP has no problem because they see Russia as an ally.
Not only that but KNOWING what the President informs Putin about and NOT acting would expose them to possible criminal charges and/or being complicit in treason themselves. They're probably perfectly content to NOT know so they can plead ignorance when the hammer comes down.

They'll do the same thing when the NRA bomb drops so they can feign shock that all of that money being funnelled into their campaigns is Russian even if they're compromised assets themselves.

Some rats are going to sneak through this sieve unscathed. And possibly wind up as presidential candidates themselves someday.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Not only that but KNOWING what the President informs Putin about and NOT acting would expose them to possible criminal charges and/or being complicit in treason themselves. They're probably perfectly content to NOT know so they can plead ignorance when the hammer comes down.

They also won't dare act against Trump and lose support of his cult.