• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
DM5TJD3.png

A spin-off of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, War of the Visions is inspired by the Final Fantasy Tactics series. First released in Japan it is now available worldwide on all the major app stores.

e8KKUC1.png

The story takes place on the continent of Ardra on the world of Lapis, the primary setting of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, and depicts a war between five rival nations that occurred in the distant past. As in the original title, the war is waged using the power of Visions, physical manifestations of powerful warriors from different eras and worlds summoned using Crystals.

2MChj7x.png

IUOGiep.png

Battle

Each battle occurs on a grid consisting of different tiles which each have an individual height. Units move on those tiles - depending on their move (horizontal tile range) and jump (height difference between tiles that can be crossed at once). There can only be one unit on each tile at once.

The player can send five units and a companion, the unit of a friend, into battle. Before battle, you can make some changes to your team. You can change the equipment (first row) and summons (2nd row) of each unit. Another important setting is the choice of the vision card, which grants a special effect to the whole party.

K609Flh.png

Jobs

The following 19 jobs are currently available in the game.

MNz5tJy.png

Gacha

You can currently get two things through gacha, characters and Vision Cards. Characters speak for themselves, Vision Cards are cards you can equip that give different effects.

Like any Gacha there are different tiers of rarity ranging from Normal to Ultra Rare. With particular droprates going as low as 0.1%.

euFue38.png

Media

Sources

Official website
Gamepedia
Wikipedia

Friend codes

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
ResetEra Guild

Last edited:

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I need tactics in my life....but I don't if this will be it for me. I've learned to Gacha only one game at a time, which is why I only play KHUx. I downloaded this though so we shall see.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
As a massive fan of FFT I will keep my impressions of the last couple of hours VERY simple.

- Gameplay wise it's fantastic and has the nice feel while in battle like FFT

- The gacha part is really killing it for me though as there are so many resources to worry about. There also seems to be a heavy grind on getting items to level up weapons/items/characters/etc that seem to be limited in number of uses per day unless you pay

I will give this game some time before i decide if i should continue with it or not.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Most of that are just submenus that they decided to keep on the front. I'm not bothered. I mean it's a dumb decision, but it's on par with everything else.

Oct 30, 2017
I am optimistic. Pre-registered or whatever it was they were doing to build hype. Downloading now. That home screen is pretty gross but I hope I can get through Story mode without hassle

OP
OP
FeD

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for this game until I saw the home screen:

91217525_2635279840090531_5263910346019569664_n.jpg

Yup it's crazy. I am running through the story now just to get my Tactics fix. So far it's been enjoyable, so far it seems you can just make it through the story without spending a dime. I assume for the challenge dungeons things will be different though.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Having played some of the Japanese release, this is basically reskinned Alchemist Code, but with much better production values. If you played that game, you know exactly what you are getting into. If you know Gumi, then you know EXACTLY what you are getting into.

Gonna download it now and try out the English release for a bit anywho.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I've played a bit more now than I did of the JP release. It's alright, with particularly good presentation, but I'd rather spend my time on the Arc the Lad mobile SRPG (and I don't even really want to do that even though it impressed me, since I'm kind of allergic to sticking to the platform).

I'd kill for a console FFT game with this production value, though I figure SE would want to push it way higher (and in doing so, make it unfeasible to actually produce).

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really intend to do too much of a deep dive on the global version since I've spent so much time playing the jp version already, but I do love this dub.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
This came out at a perfect time. I'm kinda down for some Gacha bullshit, and I love me some FFT. Excited to give it a try.

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that if you want to reset your account for better reroll, you'll have to wait for the next patch to add a reset account option in it.

Otherwise, you'd have to reinstall the game manually.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay seems alright but I noped out pretty quick with the menu bombardment full of shit to grind and keep track of. There is just way too much going on with this game for something new, completely overwhelming. Plus it's Gumi, so you already know this game will crush your soul and leave you a husk of a person.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Wish I could at least play this on console. Trying to play this on a phone cramps my hands so bad...

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I love the art direction and everythign so much but...I gave Dragalia Lost enough of my time and I just can't get behind the repetitive grindy gacha bs that is rampantly running through mobile titles. I'll just admire the art from afar.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I really want to play this, but I know gatcha and I've been sucked down the hole before. I know I need to stay far away.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I keep rerolling and I still didn't get Mediana. I feel like it's going to take me a few days

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
What should I be saving my Gil for? And it looks like there's no reason to save up for 10x roll instead of doing individual rolls x10? Is that right?

Oct 31, 2017
I'm actually impressed with the story presentation so far.

1 min CG opening?
Actually good localization?
Full English voice acting?
Character art for each line, with differing expressions?

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'll try this and see if I get anything good. I am looking forward to the Bleach game that releases tomorrow.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm actually impressed with the story presentation so far.

1 min CG opening?
Actually good localization?
Full English voice acting?
Character art for each line, with differing expressions?
Yeah and dual audio, high quality orchestra music and a lot of story scenes too. This game seems like it had a good budget behind it. This might be the best presentation I've seen for an original mobile RPG game yet that I've played.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Doing some rerolls while watching streamers play and I already know I hate this game. It has everything I loathe about gachas. NRG/stamina system, differentiating between paid and free version of the same premium currency, a gacha system that's split between units and a power up item (cards in this case), and of course exorbitant gacha whale pricing.

On top of all that, this type of game can only be badly designed from a gameplay perspective on a fundamental level because this game isn't a "tactical" RPG, it's an auto-battle/farming RPG, like all gacha games are. They aren't balanced to be challenging or fun to play, they are balanced so that you can click the auto battle button and keep the app open all day while you farm for upgrade materials. It sucks that I'm even attempting to play this because I'm so thirsty for a new game like Final Fantasy Tactics and I KNOW this isn't going to be it, yet here I am

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game is a hot convoluted mess

Gameplay is ok

But my god the UI, obscene amount of materials and systems, and of course your usual scummy gacha things (i dont want to watch ads for pulls)

Im not sure how long ill engage with it

It certainly seems to have some depth at first glance but my god its a battery hog and you'll use a lot of that time sifting through menus and making sense of all the various material bloat the game has

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Honestly, I'm liking it so far. Besides, if the free currency is even half as generous as FFBE, you'll never need to spend a dime.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I'm liking it so far. Besides, if the free currency is even half as generous as FFBE, you'll never need to spend a dime.
It took 3+ years and an ocean of community tears to get FFBE to where it is today as far as generosity. The first 2ish years of FFBE were massive whale bait and many people rage quit after spending hundreds of USD chasing units

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It took 3+ years and an ocean of community tears to get FFBE to where it is today as far as generosity. The first 2ish years of FFBE were massive whale bait and many people rage quit after spending hundreds of USD chasing units
I agree but they're not going back to square one, are they?

Transistor

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That is true. But even then, I played it from the beginning and did pretty well with my team that I earned for free for a long time. Of course there will be whales who have to have every character and we'll spend a lot of money, but I guess it remains to be seen how the economy in this one will work

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I spent 2+ years on the OG Exvius. I'm not going down the Gatcha rabbit-hole again without a very good reason and this ain't it.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I used to be into Record Keeper until things got too overwhelming with systems but by that time Dissidia Opera Omnia came out. I've played DFFOO every single day since it came out and don't really have room for another F2P game. But I'll try it out and see how it goes.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I agree but they're not going back to square one, are they?
I mean, if literally every gacha game in history is any indicator, they tend to follow the same basic trajectory. It makes perfect sense from a business perspective to start out as greedy and exploitative as possible because the launch of a game is when you're going to have your highest concentration of whales. Then as the years go by and the playerbase starts to dwindle, you become more and more generous to try and keep as much of your community alive as possible

Idk, this might be a cynical way to look at it, but this entire genre is about as cynical as gaming gets, and I've played a LOT of these gacha games over the years, so I see the same cycle repeating over and over again

That is true. But even then, I played it from the beginning and did pretty well with my team that I earned for free for a long time. Of course there will be whales who have to have every character and we'll spend a lot of money, but I guess it remains to be seen how the economy in this one will work
Yeah, it's not impossible to play these games as F2P, even the more modern ones, which have really fine tuned the ways in which they exploit their playerbase to try and coerce spending. My FFBE account (started near launch) is pretty close to being whale-tier, and I've only ever spent money on the occasional fountain of lapis (like maybe 30 or 40 usd over the years)

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
So I guess this game isn't as popular? how's the drop rates? I'd like something easy and fun to play. How are the gacha rates?

Transistor

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Yeah, it's not impossible to play these games as F2P, even the more modern ones, which have really fine tuned the ways in which they exploit their playerbase to try and coerce spending. My FFBE account (started near launch) is pretty close to being whale-tier, and I've only ever spent money on the occasional fountain of lapis (like maybe 30 or 40 usd over the years)

Indeed. I'm the same. I've spent maybe $50 on lapis during my entire time with FFBE and that's honestly because I was loving the game so much I didn't mind throwing some bucks their way (this was before the rewards wheel lol)