• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
i'm redownloading the client 'cause i can't connecting to battle-net in-game
thank you :)

edit: do i need to redownload the fronzen throne 1.29 too? or the patch apply to the base game only?
afaik, the client you download from battle.net will always be the latest one. I haven't gotten around to downloading it myself, so I'm not 100% sure

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
If connecting to battle.net doesn't work you can try and cancel the connection screen and re-try. It's weird but sometimes it doesn't properly connect.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the problem you have?
Nothing. I use the cd version of the game. The update need to install the blizzard battle.net client to update. I was fibe. In glory days of this game I used to download a patch just to update the cd base version (the last update introduce Firelord).
Anw, most of this update are multiplayer focused, I still play using LAN with my friends.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Nothing. I use the cd version of the game. The update need to install the blizzard battle.net client to update. I was fibe. In glory days of this game I used to download a patch just to update the cd base version (the last update introduce Firelord).
Anw, most of this update are multiplayer focused, I still play using LAN with my friends.

The update also changes the singleplayer game. All the resolution, balance and map changes are also applied to the singleplayer game. By the way; you should redeem your code on Battle.net so you don't need your cd the next time you want to play: https://eu.battle.net/account/management/claim-code.html (for EU)

You store your CD key there and you'll be able to download the client from the same website.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note that one of the later WC3 updates merged RoC and TFT into "one game", with toggle on the menu. Might be one reason why CD version doesn't update anymore.

Definitively suggest "redeeming" the CD key on Bnet account and downloading the latest client from there, that should work and it doesn't need CD to play as noted.

I don't think Warcraft 3 requires Battle.net app, if one worries about that for whatever reason.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
There really is no reason to keep using the cd version of the game anymore, especially since you can just redeem your keys on battle.net as SuikerBrood mentioned above

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
And if you want a portable offline version, you can copy the game to a USB drive. (For things like LAN parties)

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Patch 1.29.1 is out now. Changelog:

Hail Warchiefs, Liches, Commanders, and Keepers,

Our first major round of fixes is live for 1.29. We appreciate the bug reports and efforts to help us replicate them. We'll be rolling out the next batch of changes to the PTR later this week.

The server team has been hard at work uncovering the mysteries of the season system - that fix should be included in the near future.

Specific Changes & Improvements
  • Max clan and players in a channel raised to 255

Bug Fixes
  • Founding of Durotar no longer crashes
  • Building upgrades are visually represented for player slots 13+
  • Building placement footprint displays for player slots 13+
  • Blight displays for player slots 17+
  • GetUnitAbilityCooldown always returns 0.00
  • BlzGetLocalUnitZ always returns 0.00
  • enGB installs and patches
  • Custom textures no longer cause World Editor to crash
  • Neutral units accept item sales in custom games
  • Neutral units display on the mini map in custom games
  • Neutral units drop bounties in custom games
  • Hashtable storage limit isremoved
  • Game cache mission key limit is removed
  • Quick Play maps work on Mac
  • Asian characters work in chat
  • UI elements no longer overflow in Asian languages
  • GUI Set Unit Name work

Known Issues
  • Ladder reset
  • Joining a custom game on Mac will result in a crash
  • Patching from 1.29.0 PTR enGB to 1.29.1 PTR enUS causes Maps to be missing for Standard/Quick Play games
  • Game data for TFT impacted RoC
  • Missing function BlzSetAbilityManaCost
  • SetUnitAbilityCooldown affects all units with the chosen ability
  • Certain areas of the minimap in World Editor do not work
  • SetItemName affects all items of a chosen type
  • BlzSetUnitName does not update GetUnitName
  • Text cursor doesn't change position in chat
  • Unit glow for player 12 is red
  • Holding left mouse click causes keyboard events to not be registered
  • Cursor does not match the mouse position when resolution is taller than wider
  • Fog and visibility modified do not affect player 13+
  • In 24 player games AI buildings may become stuck in construction

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762157875#detail

OP
OP
City 17

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
This is insane, he's keeping this game alive single handedly. Grubby is a fantastic streamer by the way. Really enjoy his streams.
Yesterday he got an insane request on stream, to steal an Undead worker and go tier 3 Undead while playing as Orc, which he miraculously pulled off on 3rd try (only because the 1st two games were against non-Undead races). He got a lvl 6 Dark Ranger with Orc!, made a suicide run into the Undead base, stole the Acolyte and TP'ed (since the Acolyte wouldn't last 1 sec in that environment). Then he made some crazy never seen before buffs, like buffing units with all the mages of both races at the same time, while backed up by the group healing of both the Witchdoctor and Obsidian Statue.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Yesterday he got an insane request on stream, to steal an Undead worker and go tier 3 Undead while playing as Orc, which he miraculously pulled off on 3rd try (only because the 1st two games were against non-Undead races). He got a lvl 6 Dark Ranger with Orc!, made a suicide run into the Undead base, stole the Acolyte and TP'ed (since the Acolyte wouldn't last 1 sec in that environment). Then he made some crazy never seen before buffs, like buffing units with all the mages of both races at the same time, while backed up by the group healing of both the Witchdoctor and Obsidian Statue.

Haha, brilliant. Just tried some 4vs4 random team games, but half of the people desynced because they haven't installed the patch yet.. :')