• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, is there any way I could get a clan invite? I got kicked for being inactive, but I've been going hard on this game again the past two months. My name is the same as here, btw.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
yJfx0XO.jpg

So I'm starting to turn around on the Exergis now. Innate punchtrough and pellet spread is close enough that you can sorta snipe with this thing. In the simulacrum, it takes about the same time to kill a lvl 160 heavy gunner as my tigris prime.

Baruuk I'm starting to get a hang of. I pretty much have to spam all my abilities to lower my restraint meter if everyone is maiming strike or using a nuke frame. Mesa's absolutely ruin his gameplay for him. I really with his Elude was duration based like Shooting gallery. His 4 turns him into a walking melee arca plasmor with good punch through. It feels incredible at lower to mid levels, but it does scale poorly at higher levels due to the 10% status.

EDIT: It might be an oversight but it looks like we can use archwing weapons in weapon-restricted sorties. I never tried it out but I saw my fluctus show up in the results screen of the melee only sortie today.

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
If one would like to start huntin Eidolons, how would one do that? Just join a random group? I could ruin it for everyone because I have no idea what to do.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
The shit show going on right now is exactly why there will never ever be x-play between PC & consoles.

DE, as a studio, and their on going culture of development simply need & uses the PC launch as a public beta & soft launch to iron shit out and to fix stuff. There is simply no avenue in my 5 year observation of how the development works is in any way, shape or form, capable to launch a build simultaneously on all platforms with zero to absolutely minimum fixes.

The shit show going on right now is exactly why there will never ever be x-play between PC & consoles.

DE, as a studio, and their on going culture of development simply need & uses the PC launch as a public beta & soft launch to iron shit out and to fix stuff. There is simply no avenue in my 5 year observation of how the development works is in anyway, shape or form, capable to launch a build simultaneously on all platforms.
The problem is that it seems now DE believes they can do it.

It would be a disaster if they try, some of the bugs they ship with are like mindblowing and they just spread thinner with Discord store exclusive launcher.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Am I missing something? I haven't played in awhile and jumped back in for Fortuna but it was only one quest? I really enjoyed it, the new characters, voice acting, story etc but it just ended, is that it?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Am I missing something? I haven't played in awhile and jumped back in for Fortuna but it was only one quest? I really enjoyed it, the new characters, voice acting, story etc but it just ended, is that it?
There's bounties to do, standing to get, mining, hunting, fishing, Moa pets, kitguns (zaws but pistols), floofs.... There's a lot do in Fortuna. Once you get toe the max rank in the Solaris United Syndicate there is a new quest line, but it's divisive at the moment. Could be better once it recieves a bit of work, which will be early next year it looks like.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
Lapsed founder recently got back into the game but I've gotten to the point where it is hard to solo and I need halp. Can I join the clan? ShdwDrake is the name on warframe.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so...

I was a founder back in closed-beta, stuck with the game until around 2013 on PC. I logged in briefly in 2015.

I'm so overwhelmed with all the changes and general learning at my current point in the game, do you think it might be a good idea to create a new account and start over until I get the feel for things?

Right now I'm drowning in all the stuff I need to learn all at once.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so...

I was a founder back in closed-beta, stuck with the game until around 2013 on PC. I logged in briefly in 2015.

I'm so overwhelmed with all the changes and general learning at my current point in the game, do you think it might be a good idea to create a new account and start over until I get the feel for things?

Right now I'm drowning in all the stuff I need to learn all at once.

Not sure what benefits there would be to starting a new account. Your higher MR means you can use some gear right away, and you'll probably be pretty annoyed once you realise your founder items are locked away on another account. Just look some guides and ask for help on things you don't understand, and maybe redo some quests to get you back up to speed with the mechanics.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
First time using Baruuk's Serence Storm while being buffed by Volt's speed, and getting smeeta's crit buff at the same time. That sure was something.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'd like some clarification please: I like the look of the western/cowboy frames, but if I only want to get those frames, do I gotta buy any specific dlc or could they be obtainable ingame?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'd like some clarification please: I like the look of the western/cowboy frames, but if I only want to get those frames, do I gotta buy any specific dlc or could they be obtainable ingame?
Every weapon and warframe is obtainable in game without need of purchasing. Cosmetics do need to be bought, and there are some exclusive cosmetics (such as in the Mesa Prime pack you may have seen).

The warframe you're referring to is Mesa and Mesa Prime, who are both grindable in game (although it will take you a while to get them).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Every weapon and warframe is obtainable in game without need of purchasing. Cosmetics do need to be bought, and there are some exclusive cosmetics (such as in the Mesa Prime pack you may have seen).

The warframe you're referring to is Mesa and Mesa Prime, who are both grindable in game (although it will take you a while to get them).
Alright thanks. Will aim to get them when I play the game.

Alright thanks. Will aim to get them when I play the game.
Don't even toucn normal Mesa, her prime version can equip the normal look also, free of charge.

After that devstream and the qol of the changes to #4tuna part 2, I legit don't know how DE does things.

How did they not know that in average the archweapons aren't as powerful as our normal guns?
The skeleton problem on the frames is since their creation.
They literally admited they see this game as pvp, they compared mission success as kill ratio in other games.

Also they hinted to something cool on the 25th so don't forget to login.

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, I'm still quite new to the game (~35 hours) and I was curious if there's anything worth purchasing during the Steam sale for Warframe? I'm not really interested in buying gear or frames outright, so I'd be looking at platinum for inventory slots and such. Maybe DE does a sale or something directly on their site?

I guess I'm looking for a way to support that isn't "pay not to play". Thanks!

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, I'm still quite new to the game (~35 hours) and I was curious if there's anything worth purchasing during the Steam sale for Warframe? I'm not really interested in buying gear or frames outright, so I'd be looking at platinum for inventory slots and such. Maybe DE does a sale or something directly on their site?

I guess I'm looking for a way to support that isn't "pay not to play". Thanks!
Platinum discounts are a random login bonus, so you just have to wait and get lucky. They can be 20%, 50%, or 75% off.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum discounts are a random login bonus, so you just have to wait and get lucky. They can be 20%, 50%, or 75% off.

Oh ok, that's good to know. Cheers.

Just wanna to point out DE had diluted the discount table a year or so back to 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, and 75%.

It is now much rarer to roll a 75% now via login, also they have an "algorithm" in place to entice people to buy plat by rolling discounts for those who have not login for a while.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Baro Breakdown for the last Baro of 2018! Your Ducats will (not) survive.

Prisma Rostram Kubrow Armor: Looks amazing, and even though it'll cover up my lotus kubrow's forehead, it just looks so goddamn good.

All Primed Mods today: Yes, even Primed Slip Magazine, are worth grabbing. PSM found a nice use with some secondaries this year, such as kitguns with the Arcane Battery setup and the Oculor. Primed Target Cracker is an absolute must buy, as it pushes the crit so hard that many secondaries can surpass the 100% crit threshold. Primed Ravage makes the Vaykor Hek into a delete button machine, and the Corinth into a fantastic Hunter Munitions candidate, must buy. Primed Fever Strike is just a ton of extra toxin damage for your melee. Strongly suggest getting it.

Axi A5: Probably pass as usual unless you had totally terrible luck with Akvasto Prime farming.

Ki'Teer Solstice Syndana: same as usual, meh.

Cookie Glyphs: They're adorable and I love them (but you don't need them if you're spending all your ducats on primed mods).

Mara Detron: Really good secondary for just spitting status all over the screen. Might be useful for the spider fights, but haven't tested it yet. Just generally feels good to fire. Worth grabbing if you can.

Machete Wraith: The most Mastery Fodder weapon there ever was after the Machete.

Mirage Immortal: It's fine.

Ki'Teer Raza Syndana: Solid syndana, nice colors and metallics, and on the smaller side of syndanas. Worth grabbing.

Prisma Daedelus: Amazing armor set, super worth grabbing if you can. The prisma effects look great and I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that chest plate.

Prisma Shade: Technically MR fodder in my book, but a direct upgrade over the Shade. Also comes with a Prisma version of its weapon which is somewhat useful.

Prisma Sentinel Accessories: Worth getting, some of the rare pieces of armor for the sentinels that I think look good.

Taxon Desert Camo: Meh...? I have no real strong feelings on this one because I don't use the Taxon too often.

Odonata Exilis Skin: As I've said before I'm not a big fan of the Exilis skins, and the Odonata version didn't change that opinion.

Excalibur Archwing Noggle: It's adorable, but far from a vital buy.

Axi A2: Hey this is neat. If you need Lex Prime and Aklex prime, make sure you stock up on these.

Corrupted Heavy Gunner Specters: Absolute waste of ducats.

and as always grab your Sands of Inaros quest if you haven't already!

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I started running bounties the other day. The plains are loads of fun. Not so thrilled about the Orb Vallis bounties but it's good fun flying around in my archwing.

What's a good frame for running bounties? I'm having no problems with Rhino with him being so tanky but I want something more interesting to play. What do people use?

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I started running bounties the other day. The plains are loads of fun. Not so thrilled about the Orb Vallis bounties but it's good fun flying around in my archwing.

What's a good frame for running bounties? I'm having no problems with Rhino with him being so tanky but I want something more interesting to play. What do people use?
For plains/Vallis, I have fun playing Zephyr or Titania - its fun to just freely fly around, only problem is they're not really tanky enough for the higher level bounties. For tankiness, I go to Oberon, the armor buff+status proc immunity+constant healing is so good. Mesa can be really satisfying and powerful to play, if a bit squishy, and Nidus is another good balance between power and tankiness while having interesting abilities.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Made it to Saturn, now I'm feeling the difficulty, a few shots then I'm done...And somehow I'm already mr9.

Any frame and weapon recommendations?
I do have a maxed Tigris with catalyst from a pinnacle pack, but I've always been carrying unmaxed weapons.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand

Zephyr was the perfect Plains frame before they made archwing infinite. Still is very good - she can fly pretty fast and her one ability essentially deflects all projectiles and bullets in an area around her.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to Saturn, now I'm feeling the difficulty, a few shots then I'm done...And somehow I'm already mr9.

Any frame and weapon recommendations?
I do have a maxed Tigris with catalyst from a pinnacle pack, but I've always been carrying unmaxed weapons.

What frame you got right now? what is you absolute best rifle/shotgun/sniper/secondary/melee you got so far?

At MR9 you can get the Ignis Wraith from the clan.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
What frame you got right now? what is you absolute best rifle/shotgun/sniper/secondary/melee you got so far?

At MR9 you can get the Ignis Wraith from the clan.

For frames I have excalibur, frost, rhino, limbo, oberon and mag; best primary has to be that Tigris with catalyst, and I do have the hek and boltor. For pistol I have a lex prime, and melee wise I really don't have a lot of good choices, maybe that heat sword with the catalyst?

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
For frames I have excalibur, frost, rhino, limbo, oberon and mag; best primary has to be that Tigris with catalyst, and I do have the hek and boltor. For pistol I have a lex prime, and melee wise I really don't have a lot of good choices, maybe that heat sword with the catalyst?

The general approach I usually tell newer players was always to get yourself set-up with a well rounded set of gear so you can tackle all of the content as soon and as much as you can.

Looking at your frames you already got, I see you are still missing alot of quest frames which are exceptionally good like Chroma (or prime variant), Inaros, Mirage (or prime variant); non quest frame wise, Nekros/Hydroid would be a great add for farming. In addition, for stealth/speed runs Loki or Ivara either one wouold work great but Loki is probably much easier to farm. If you wanna get an AOE frame in the mix Equinox (quest frame), Ember and Volt (clan tech) would be a great add. Support frames like Trinity/Nyx would also be a great choice especially you like to solo alot like me.

Of all of those, if I were you, I'd go for Inaros. Great for nightmare mission, cheap to mod, easily sortie/arbitration capable, and the quest is fun. Unless you want to jump into Eidolon hunts, then you can go for Chroma.

Weapon-wise, I'd say just to round things off a sniper rifle, especially just so you have something for "sniper only" sortie; and a GOOD melee weapon, can look into something like Lesion, Guandao & dual Keres; those are all easy to get, easy to build & easy to mod.

Ignis wraith from the clan? Please explain. I'd love an ignis wraith :)

If your clan don't have it, first NEVER try to buy it in chat; it is a free weapon.

If you ask in trade chat, odds are many will just straight up offer one to you for free; Alternatively you can pm me your IGN I can hook you up no problem as I do give them out regularly whenever I saw people asking for one.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
The general approach I usually tell newer players was always to get yourself set-up with a well rounded set of gear so you can tackle all of the content as soon and as much as you can.

Looking at your frames you already got, I see you are still missing alot of quest frames which are exceptionally good like Chroma (or prime variant), Inaros, Mirage (or prime variant); non quest frame wise, Nekros/Hydroid would be a great add for farming. In addition, for stealth/speed runs Loki or Ivara either one wouold work great but Loki is probably much easier to farm. If you wanna get an AOE frame in the mix Equinox (quest frame), Ember and Volt (clan tech) would be a great add. Support frames like Trinity/Nyx would also be a great choice especially you like to solo alot like me.

Of all of those, if I were you, I'd go for Inaros. Great for nightmare mission, cheap to mod, easily sortie/arbitration capable, and the quest is fun. Unless you want to jump into Eidolon hunts, then you can go for Chroma.

Weapon-wise, I'd say just to round things off a sniper rifle, especially just so you have something for "sniper only" sortie; and a GOOD melee weapon, can look into something like Lesion, Guandao & dual Keres; those are all easy to get, easy to build & easy to mod.

If your clan don't have it, first NEVER try to buy it in chat; it is a free weapon.

If you ask in trade chat, odds are many will just straight up offer one to you for free; Alternatively you can pm me your IGN I can hook you up no problem as I do give them out regularly whenever I saw people asking for one.

Thanks for the reply, I have a nyx and trinity prime under construction now, got them from clan giveaway. I'll see how that goes in the game.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys apologies if this is the wrong place to ask - I see a link for PC clan/discord and then for a PS4 thread. Do we have a Xbox One clan/discord/thread?

Thanks!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so what's the best melee weapon for gara? i saw a lot of jaw sword suggestions due to the riven dispo. but also some for the skana and prisma dual cleavers since they also have syndicate damage mods.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
At least every number went up ^^' I also wonder why the name changed even though the stats listed are still the same.

My understanding of the naming convention is that the suffix(es) denote the type(s) of damage it can do (I'm sure better lists exist, as this is quite old):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/7...possible-stats-and-their-names-are-known-now/

There is still RNG in a given range for the weapon riven, depending on what buffs/curse you roll.

EDIT, ah I see what you mean, maybe it switches it up to prevent the same name rolling twice? That is weird since Slash is the larger value in both.

Last edited:

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
What's a good sniper rifle I can easily get at MR11?
The Vectis Prime, Lanka, Rubico Prime, and Vulkar Wraith are the kings of snipers.

The Vectis Prime is vaulted, and the Vulkar Wraith is Baro only. You might as well try the base variants though, and while you'd think that leaves the Lanka as the easiest best sniper to get - the Lanka has a charge mechanic like a bow, which makes it somewhat unwieldy. Great damage though.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
The Vectis Prime, Lanka, Rubico Prime, and Vulkar Wraith are the kings of snipers.

The Vectis Prime is vaulted, and the Vulkar Wraith is Baro only. You might as well try the base variants though, and while you'd think that leaves the Lanka as the easiest best sniper to get - the Lanka has a charge mechanic like a bow, which makes it somewhat unwieldy. Great damage though.

Cheers. I'll set regular Rubico and Lanka going in the foundry and try them both out.