• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Alerts just don't work IMHO because they're punishing to people who have responsibilities. Getting Vauban was a pain in the ass because of how you only had a 1/3 chance of getting the part you needed on top of being lucky enough to happen be near your PC/Console. Events are fine for time limited things because they at least last multiple days long.
Yep and this was made even more clear with Nitain Extract being a crafting/research material being introduced

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have some issues with it, like I think some resources should still be on alerts. tellurium, kuva, oxium etc are far easier to get from alerts passively. Also kittie gene imprints. Or nightmare mods. I'm also not sure I like the currency/rewards switching as this new system is therefore still timed. Overall though it def seems like an improvement.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Put close to 20 hours into this since Thursday and really liking it. Was totally worth it to give it another try.
On question: When I have maxed out a weapon or frame, it's safe to switch to something else to level up that stuff or is there a benefit in focusing on one frame/weapon? I maxed out my Excalibur and now switched to Trinity Prime just to try and level her.

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
Put close to 20 hours into this since Thursday and really liking it. Was totally worth it to give it another try.
On question: When I have maxed out a weapon or frame, it's safe to switch to something else to level up that stuff or is there a benefit in focusing on one frame/weapon? I maxed out my Excalibur and now switched to Trinity Prime just to try and level her.
Other than having more mod space, there is no particular benefit to using a Max level weapon until about midgame. After you finish a certain story quest, max level weapons and frames will be useful for levelling another systen. For now, just focus on getting MR up and do the fun things.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at the Nightwave system. Looks amazing.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1063459-nightwave-the-wolf-of-saturn-six-a-farewell-to-alerts/

Also note this little gem.

Diversifying the acquisition of core Warframe goods through Tier Rewards. More ways for you to get the things you want/need which includes debuting purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables.

Pretty substantial changes. The one downside I see is that as I only go for potatoes and forma alerts these days I'm probably going to have to put in a lot more work to get them in future, but at least I'll be able to go for them when I want instead of waiting around for them to pop up. Overall I think this will be a much better system for most players.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017

Hey, I'm glad you're enjoying it this time! It keeps getting better the more you play.

Regarding your question, from mid to end game you'll probably want to start forma-ing stuff in order to optimize your builds. And as Noisy pointed out, there is some use for maxed stuff later on, but for now focus on leveling everything you can (gaining MR in the process and unlocking more things along the way) and completing the startchart so you can get to the story quests and everything else that comes after.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I'm glad you're enjoying it this time! It keeps getting better the more you play.
This is true for now. Just put another 6 hours into it :D
Love the Vectis Prime. I am normally not the sniper type, but the Vectis is so satisfying to fire, holy shit.
Overall the gunplay in Destiny is still a bit better, but the gameplay as a whole in Warframe seems superior with how melee, ranged, skills and movement all come together. It really is a blast to play and it gets more fun the more skills, frames and weapons you unlock. I am currently crafting the Gorgon and can't wait to try it out.

Are there an ERA-clan I can join? Any obligations with joining? Because I might play this for a lot of hours now, but phase out for weeks and return to play it here and there - or never again. It's really hard to say with my videogame habits but for now I am hooked.

Oct 25, 2017
That Nightwave system sounds cool and would allow players to get the stuff they want (especially the new players)

Alerts just don't work IMHO because they're punishing to people who have responsibilities. Getting Vauban was a pain in the ass because of how you only had a 1/3 chance of getting the part you needed on top of being lucky enough to happen be near your PC/Console. Events are fine for time limited things because they at least last multiple days long.

Yep.

It was easier to get Vauban Prime than the normal one.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
This is true for now. Just put another 6 hours into it :D
Love the Vectis Prime. I am normally not the sniper type, but the Vectis is so satisfying to fire, holy shit.
Overall the gunplay in Destiny is still a bit better, but the gameplay as a whole in Warframe seems superior with how melee, ranged, skills and movement all come together. It really is a blast to play and it gets more fun the more skills, frames and weapons you unlock. I am currently crafting the Gorgon and can't wait to try it out.

Are there an ERA-clan I can join? Any obligations with joining? Because I might play this for a lot of hours now, but phase out for weeks and return to play it here and there - or never again. It's really hard to say with my videogame habits but for now I am hooked.
Yeah, there will be moments where you will stop playing until new content arrives, it happens. You're starting so there's a lot for you to do.
DE is reworking the melee system which I believe they'll release the first part of it this week (it will remove the "melee mode" to make gunplay and melee to work smoothly) so there's that. Then theres Railjack (a whole new way to play the game, in space with space battles and everyone handling different parts of the ship, boarding enemies ships and more) and then the new cinematic quest and a more stuff so there's quite a bit of content coming this year.

I don't know about the Era clan as I have my own since before joining here, but I think leaving your IGN here one of the admins of the clan can add you. But it's better that someone from the clan answers that.

If you need help with anything, just ask!

That Nightwave system sounds cool and would allow players to get the stuff they want (especially the new players)

Yep.

The only thing I'll miss is the 300 oxium alerts, I hate farming for oxium. But otherwise, yeah, the new system sounds a lot better.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017

Yep.

I should have just built his prime version honestly. But then I looked it up and it required something like 10-15 nitian I think? He has to be the most expensive (resource wise) frame I have built.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I need a warframe slot to store my fried chicken, should I wait to see if the nighwave make them available?

what does everyone expects?
We don't know if they're adding the Nightwave stuff this week or not. And we don't know how much is going to take to collect enough of the new rep to buy slots (or when those will be available in this new system). So I think you're better off farming a few prime parts, selling them and buying the slot. At least until the new system is released and we have a better idea of how it works.

Doesn't it take like 30 nitan?
It needs 20 nitain. 5 for each part. 7k oxium for the Chassis (originally it was 14k but was latter halved) and 9k cryotic for the Systems. It certainly is the most expensive prime to build.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
We don't know if they're adding the Nightwave stuff this week or not. And we don't know how much is going to take to collect enough of the new rep to buy slots (or when those will be available in this new system). So I think you're better off farming a few prime parts, selling them and buying the slot. At least until the new system is released and we have a better idea of how it works.

It needs 20 nitain. 5 for each part. 7k oxium for the Chassis (originally it was 14k but was latter halved) and 9k cryotic for the Systems. It certainly is the most expensive prime to build.

I just wish Vauban was a little better. I like the idea of his gameplay, but he just feels underwhelming to me

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
This game is hard to jump back into.
I have a bunch of half started quests. A bunch of half finished projects.
No idea where the "new" stuff is.
Or if it is worth doing?

Game is still fun though

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The more I understand the system the more one question comes to mind: Is it even worth to grind for non-prime weapons and frames? It feels like a lesser version of something better.

And another question: As far as I understand the wiki, leveling up new weapons, frames and companions is the main way to increase my mastery rank. So collecting, crafting and leveling everything is basically the best way to level up my rank?

Oct 25, 2017
The more I understand the system the more one question comes to mind: Is it even worth to grind for non-prime weapons and frames? It feels like a lesser version of something better.

You grind for the non-primes because...

And another question: As far as I understand the wiki, leveling up new weapons, frames and companions is the main way to increase my mastery rank. So collecting, crafting and leveling everything is basically the best way to level up my rank?

...this. Get all the MR you can.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Leveled up Mesa Prime yesterday after leaving her on the backburner for a few weeks. Goddamn she just deletes everything with her 4

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
You grind for the non-primes because...

...this. Get all the MR you can.
Makes sense albeit this seems like a rather strange progression system because you have to use your not leveled up items to maximise your gain. So I guess different Warframes and equipment for different challenges is the way to go for now.

I might spend some money down the line to support the devs. Any tipps on that? Those 75% tickets you can get with your daily login seem like a good way to get lots of platinum. Or are Prime Frames a better way to spend my money?

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Makes sense albeit this seems like a rather strange progression system because you have to use your not leveled up items to maximise your gain. So I guess different Warframes and equipment for different challenges is the way to go for now.

I might spend some money down the line to support the devs. Any tipps on that? Those 75% tickets you can get with your daily login seem like a good way to get lots of platinum. Or are Prime Frames a better way to spend my money?
You use the coupons to buy lots of plat, and then use that plat to trade for the primes with other players

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prime frames are 'easier' to get than their vanilla counterparts, so don't spend money on them, vanilla frames are (usually) harder to get, and there are a few that are a pain and worth chucking plat at (IMO).

As for prime vs vanilla, the differences are minimal (at least in terms of gameplay) you won't lose anything out in game by playing a non-prime frame.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
You use the coupons to buy lots of plat, and then use that plat to trade for the primes with other players
Prime frames are 'easier' to get than their vanilla counterparts, so don't spend money on them, vanilla frames are (usually) harder to get, and there are a few that are a pain and worth chucking plat at (IMO).

As for prime vs vanilla, the differences are minimal (at least in terms of gameplay) you won't lose anything out in game by playing a non-prime frame.
Ok, cool.

Man this game is so much fun. Can't wait for tonight. Played it for 10 hours yesterday :D

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, cool.

Man this game is so much fun. Can't wait for tonight. Played it for 10 hours yesterday :D
Just to add something, primes have the advantage of better stats (nothing huge but there's an improvement) and they all come with more polarities pre-installed (so you can create better builds with less formas).

If you want to buy platinum, wait for a 75% coupon.

You can get Primes in 3 ways:
- By buying the Prime Access (with real money).
- By buying the blueprints from other players (for platinum, mods or whatever that player wants in return).
- By opening relics and farming the blueprints (you can do it solo but doing it in groups will result in better % of getting the rare parts).

The system around MR might look weird now but you have to keep in mind that if you've been playing since the start we had only the normal versions of weapons/frames and then we got the prime versions. We had some sort of progression normal -> prime while newer players have both versions out there at the same time. That's why you ask why would I get a normal frame and not its prime version. But overall, you want to max everything to get your MR leveled up (which gives you higher caps for almost everything, loadout slots, etc).

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, whew, this game is fun. Thanks Anthem, I guess, for seeming so unappealing I finally decided to get around to this.

I'm on Jupiter, will snag MR4 tonight. Started crafting my Rhino and Excalibur this morning, it'll feel good when I can stop wasting XP on my 30 Mag. I have Trinity from Prime, but she really isn't getting it done, at least solo/with randos/low-mid level.

If I hop in the Discord tonight can I get a clan invite?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so the flow chart is basically a battle pass, and there's a separate market to buy stuff from with the Wolf Cred. There are some really nice rewards, but it's a shame you can only get one umbra forma per event.

Definitely awesome for the average player who will complete the various tasks as they play normally. Veterans will have to just do random stuff with the tasks specifically in mind.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well those Ayatan Treasure Hunts suck ass. Will probably be the first content I ignore. First I hate parkours on time stuff. But that's not even the worst about them: It's the whole procedure of getting there and then getting a random challenge. There isn't much room to really train those and get better. It's just annoying and frustrating and feels like a huge waste of time to me. But maybe I will try another day. It's late and it was a hard day. But I am not seeing me doing this stuff once per week, lol.

I am also not too fond of the MR leveling. I leveled the Gorgon to 27 today and didn't have much fun doing so. I love my Vectis too much. I might just stick to that one and take a pistol and melee weapon with me to level those two on the side but not super-focusing on leveling the weapons. I mean there is the cheap and easy route and join some public games and let others do the work while getting XP, but that just feels so lame and unfun. Collecting and leveling Warframes seems like the more fun thing to do for me. That said, I will have my Rhino ready for the weekend and also working on MAG. I need one more component from a planet I didn't unlock yet though.

EDIT: Seems like there are some cheap methods to cheese the challenges. Titania for example :)

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it even possible to get to rank 30 before reset? unless you can do the missions again once you do them all.

I dunno this new system seems decent but I dunno why it couldn't be a complimentary system instead of replacing alerts entirely.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Is it even possible to get to rank 30 before reset? unless you can do the missions again once you do them all.

Rebbeca stated on twitter that you'd need to do approximately 65% of the missions in a season to get to Rank 30.

There isn't much room to really train those and get better.

You can find challenge rooms in orokin stages normally, you just have to kind of hunt them down.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? cuz at 10k per level x30 that's a ton of rep. That's like 12hrs of grinding a day, assuming you can even do the challenges again. Or does rank carry over? cuz no way you can get to 30 in <4 days.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so the flow chart is basically a battle pass, and there's a separate market to buy stuff from with the Wolf Cred. There are some really nice rewards, but it's a shame you can only get one umbra forma per event.

Definitely awesome for the average player who will complete the various tasks as they play normally. Veterans will have to just do random stuff with the tasks specifically in mind.
I wouldnt be surprised if we end up seeing them in rotation for Wolf Creds at some point tbh.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I can get Umbra Forma if I do everything but Eidolon and sorties in groups. I'll try to do as much as I can that's soloable. I'll probably skip Lua trials though.

Edit: And the statue challenges. I never really find those in the wild.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda miss the discoverability of missions from the alerts, without something to funnel people into a certain mission type, you could get a bit of a community fragmentation.

For example, one of the challenges in 3 x interceptions, if neither void missions, standing missions or infiltration missions have that mission type, where do you go?, scour the star chart to see which nodes have that open squads?.

Maybe they should have left the alerts tab with just rotating missions, and just moved the rewards to this new system?