• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to do that for the first test, but after finally finding the room (I got a bit stuck on realizing there was an elevator, and only one worked from the bottom floor) the only thing I could do in that room with the robotic AI head was learn how to synthesis and his quest to catch them all. I'm sure I may have missed something but I gave up and went ahead with test one anyway, it was incredibly easy so I never tried finding the practice again. I'll go again before taking the Hack Test and find it for sure.

I choke on complex Corpus hack terminals a lot. Grineer hacks are a piece of cake, even the opposite direction each activation ones.

Tip for corpus hacking especially the complex ones:

Always link the outer lines to each other first then do the inside.

And unless they changed it you can use ciphers (which instantly solves the hacking puzzle) and cheese the test if you want.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Once you enter the room, look to your right, a hallway is there

Thanks! I see how I missed it now. A fools rush in moment. It was hard to see out the corner of my screen. It looks pretty cool with the different segments for the different tests. On the way out it almost looks like the left side, decoration, and a wall if you don't turn to it. Though I noticed the left side has a prompt for something.

ggGpWpq.jpg

Tip for corpus hacking especially the complex ones:

Always link the outer lines to each other first then do the inside.

And unless they changed it you can use ciphers (which instantly solves the hacking puzzle) and cheese the test if you want.

Nice tip, I'll do that from now on. I'll probably make a cipher just to not screw up again and panic, especially for clutch spy missions where I'm caught haha. Edit: oh my gosh, I just passed it the first try easily on the training. Line up the outer, then spam the inside circle til it clicks. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to do that for the first test, but after finally finding the room (I got a bit stuck on realizing there was an elevator, and only one worked from the bottom floor) the only thing I could do in that room with the robotic AI head was learn how to synthesis and his quest to catch them all. I'm sure I may have missed something but I gave up and went ahead with test one anyway, it was incredibly easy so I never tried finding the practice again. I'll go again before taking the Hack Test and find it for sure.

I choke on complex Corpus hack terminals a lot. Grineer hacks are a piece of cake, even the opposite direction each activation ones.

Also, as soon as you load into the relay, hit escape then go to fast travel, Cephalon's room is an option there, no need to go to the elevator each time.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I see how I missed it now. A fools rush in moment. It was hard to see out the corner of my screen. It looks pretty cool with the different segments for the different tests. On the way out it almost looks like the left side, decoration, and a wall if you don't turn to it. Though I noticed the left side has a prompt for something.

Nice tip, I'll do that from now on. I'll probably make a cipher just to not screw up again and panic, especially for clutch spy missions where I'm caught haha. Edit: oh my gosh, I just passed it the first try easily on the training. Line up the outer, then spam the inside circle til it clicks. Thanks again.

No problem.

Also while ciphers are useful certain missions wont allow them (i.e you wont see the prompt to use it) such as the sortie missions and the hard version of the Raids. But those are high level stuff which you do later on.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all of the useful advice everyone. Teleportation will be especially useful to getting to where I need to be fast.

Vectis Prime feels so insane for a early character. The only thing that was stopping me on tier 2 survival was lack of bullets. I have Ammo Mutation for all but sniper and arrows it seem.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
FYI ciphers work on the hacking mastery test. I used one on the last corpus lock.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Was the game shitting the bed on PC for anyone else today? I kept getting some kind of "not connected to network" error while I was playing the game.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
For people wondering, yeah I know all the images are busted on the front page. Something's up with resetera and imgur, and right now I don't really want to go through the hassle of uploading everything to another host at the moment.

On topic, Lotus is now sending a transmission about a living asteroid heading for an area near Cetus. Next boss or halloween event?

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's a Halloween event, may be something to do with the infested.

Finally got my last Gary part. DE is slowly but surly lowering the drop chances and upping the grind for every new frame.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I finished building Frost, I'm not sure how I feel about him though. He seems sort of like Rhino but better for groups, and more objective defensive. Solo play I can run all over the place with Rhino's armor buff, but with Frost I put the bubble down and get defense that way. That bubble is very nice for mobile defense though.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to make an ResetEra clan? I kinda dont like being in the old forum one :/

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I finished building Frost, I'm not sure how I feel about him though. He seems sort of like Rhino but better for groups, and more objective defensive. Solo play I can run all over the place with Rhino's armor buff, but with Frost I put the bubble down and get defense that way. That bubble is very nice for mobile defense though.
Bubble is fantastic for mobile defense, Extraction, and single defense. Basically anything that requires standing on a single point for any length of time, Frost is a huge asset.

And that's before you get into the rest of the set. Solid CC on 1 and 4, decent crowd clear on 2.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to make an ResetEra clan? I kinda dont like being in the old forum one :/

The GAF clan has already been renamed and a replacement logo is being looked into. It will not mention Resetera in the name or logo though.

However if anyone here wants an invite to the clan they can have one, a number of the people in the clan are here on this forum anyway.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand, thanks. If its going to be changed its allright

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any release window for the PS4 update?
I hope with this update, the game will get an adequate support for PS4 Pro.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

Just try to clean up your bubbles, by popping it with your 1, when you don't need it anymore cause it blocks line of fire and it can be very frustrating for other players in your cell.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
This request might be a bit too broad but I'm wondering what's the best place to get Warframe guides and or info. I was an extremely active player all the way up to right before the archwing update and it looks they have added a ton of content since then and it's pretty overwhelming.

I jump into WoW every expansion and I can use sites like mmo-champion to get caught up on changes and I'm wondering if there is a or website or even a youtuber that any fellow Tenno would recommend.

Last edited:

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
This request might be a bit too broad but I'm wondering what's the best place to get Warframe guides and or info. I was an extremely active player all the way up to right before the archwing update and it looks they have added a ton of content since then and it's pretty overwhelming.

I jump into WoW every expansion and I can use sites like mmo-champion to get caught up on changes and I'm wondering if there is a or website or even a youtuber that any fellow Tenno would recommend.
I just jumped back in and I mainly just looked at the story quests and did those while reading the Warframe Wiki when I had questions. I would do that before I jumped into the plains btw.

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Ivara farm is best done with someone who already has Ivara, and let them do all the work.

That said, I loved spy even before getting Ivara, but even after hundreds of hours playing through spy missions I could only get half of her parts to drop. I got her for plat when she was on sale and haven't ever regretted it. She's an amazing frame and worth it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Legendary Fusion Core from my sortie today.

Trying to decide whether I should use it or sell it for 250+ plat.

I've got a couple of primed mods I can use it for, but they are halfway leveled already.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Limbo is unstoppable at Corpus spy missions. If you're in the Rift you don't set off alarms which is like 90% of Corpus security.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Ivara's the first frame I went out of my way to farm and she's ridiculous. I'm currently running a dark dagger build and am able to shake legions of enemies effortlessly.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Ivara is an easy farm compare to Gary. Every part is a 9% drop and a single spy run is 10x quicker than a multi staged bounty that is broken 1/3 of the time for a part with a 7% drop rate.

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Ivara is an easy farm compare to Gary. Every part is a 9% drop and a single spy run is 10x quicker than a multi staged bounty that is broken 1/3 of the time for a part with a 7% drop rate.

I've been relatively lucky with Gara in comparison to Ivara, I just need one last part. (Really though, we don't need regular frames with a worse drop rate than prime frames.) Worst thing about Gara is her parts require plain specific materials. I enjoy the fishing and mining, but it's really not for everyone, and if you're not into it you're just out of luck. At least they removed the kuva requirement I guess.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mining and fishing and doing some on-the-fly bounties as I walk around. More or less like Animal Crossing, only w/ added Grineer killing :P

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I now have 4 norgs after a night of fishing. Man I do not trust bait use for anything now. Half of me wonders if it's bugged and the other half thinks it's probably intentional. The subreddit is always interesting for gauging the community even if it gets hyper critical sometimes. Judging from reactions there, I think DE is exploring or learning the edge of the grind for them. Most of the higher tier stuff like rare fish or amps is too costly for a lot of players, either through time invested or resources required. Now I believe in DE to not push this game too far into pay-to-progress territory, but it is worrying to see this sort of thing develop.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice on these rivens, should I re roll?

I think I should probably keep these as is, they seem good rolls
i8cGuiC.png

yNSSSsC.png

Maybe re roll?

Status isnt bad on this for the weapon
heF8gMC.png

I dont have this weapon yet, but the stats seem to help its magazine size
hg2C168.png

Not terrible, but I am not that familiar with the weapon (low disposition)
nhoOtDx.png

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Any advice on these rivens, should I re roll?

Just a tip, Imgur is currently busted on Resetera, and it would be good to crop your screenshots so it won't take as much time to load.

Stradavar is fine, could do with more rolling for something better (CC/CD and Damage with a negative). Guandao is really good, no need to roll that again. Galatine has -range, you need to reroll that immediately or else this might happen. Also it's a crit weapon, not a status one. That Grinlok one is reroll fodder, magazine size isn't really a concern with it. And the Tonkor one isn't great because it's got such low disposition and you didn't get a negative on there. In fact it's probably a waste of a slot on that roll.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Hi folks, any chance I can get an invite to the clan?
The GAF clan has already been renamed and a replacement logo is being looked into. It will not mention Resetera in the name or logo though.

However if anyone here wants an invite to the clan they can have one, a number of the people in the clan are here on this forum anyway.

I'd like an invite, thx (game name voodoorayray). Relatively new player here, but having a blast, and hope to be unlocking Pluto soon! Those bursas are pretty hardcore for me atm

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Hi folks, any chance I can get an invite to the clan?

I'd like an invite, thx (game name voodoorayray). Relatively new player here, but having a blast, and hope to be unlocking Pluto soon! Those bursas are pretty hardcore for me atm

Game says you are already in a clan, you'll need to leave it before you can be invited.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Ah right, that would be because I created my own clan before I knew anything about them, oops! Ok, I should be a clan-free hobo now (unless it takes time after leaving?).

Invite sent. Make sure to check your foundry, there should be an option to make a dojo key to allow you access to the dojo, get that done asap.