• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I see that Twitch Drops are back. Do I still get rewards if I stream from my phone or Tablet and its logged into my twitch account? Or does it have to be from a computer?

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Good chance of being Banshee, Euphona, and Helios

Yup.
https://www.warframe.com/news/chroma-prime-access-ends-december-18

Entering the Vault
On December 18, the following items and their respective Relics will enter the Vault. These items will no longer be available in-game:

- Banshee Prime
- Helios Prime
- Euphona Prime

If these Prime Weapons and Warframes (or their Blueprints/Components and Relics) are already in your Inventory, they will remain after the Vaulting.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Oh boy it's Baro Breakdown day! And there's good stuff today!

Tenno Kindred Rug: ...
Warframe0948.jpg

I mean, sure?? I guess? no

Axi A5: I guess he's just going to keep having these.

Ki'teer Solstice (and Diax) Syndana: I find these ones really weird looking and stiff, but at least this one has interesting patterns to it.

Cookie Kavat/Kubrow glyphs: I love them.

Slash mods: 1, weird that it's only 3 of them and not the whole set. 2, you'll these if you ever do a tridolon in your lifetime. Not worth the ducats.

Primed Flow and Regen: Both must buys. Primed Flow can make or break some top builds and is generally just good to use. Stock up if you want to sell them to players, it's been quite a while since Flow was in. Primed Regen means your sentinel will probably always make it through the mission and also gives you plenty of chances to use Sacrifice to revive yourself if you get knocked down and have unreliable teammates. Very good for anyone using sentinels.

Ki'teer Foros Armor: These are some great armor pieces that fit on a lot of different warframes and looks. I adore the chest piece for that little added flare of metallics. Definitely worth getting.

Eminence color pack: Absolute must buy for any fashion-seeking Tenno (and that should be all of you). This has some amazing colors to it.

Kavat sentinel armor: Not bad, I really like using the tail for various things, but the wings leave much to be desired. Headpiece is pretty nice for some "primed" looks.

Ki'teer Atmos Diadem: I love this thing, but fair warning that it is gigantic on your kiddo's forehead. Take a careful look at that preview and decide for yourself if you like it.

Pyra Sugatra: One of the few (maybe the only?) free sugatra, it's not too bad! It does tend to get twisted around on itself though, and that can look a little goofy, but I think it's worth a buy if you're looking for something dangly for your weapons.

Corrupted Bombard specter: no

Affinity booster: Big maybe. While it's not really worth the cost, if you have a bunch of things you need to level and dump, getting the booster for free can really help. So your mileage may vary on it.

Orokin Tower extraction scene: Great if you use captura, skippable if you don't.

And as always, grab the Sands of Inaros quest if you haven't.

Last edited:

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Fortuna Part II next week. Time to stock up on Toroids.

source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1...n-to-expect-fortuna-part-ii-the-profit-taker/

[DE]Rebecca said:
If you're on PC you'll be expecting Fortuna Part II: The Profit Taker soon!

We are aiming to launch it next week - we'll keep you posted on that progress. Deploying before the holidays is always tricky, so thank you for your patience as we work toward this goal!

Now... say you wanted to prepare. Some tips for you:

A) HEISTS & TAKING DOWN THE PROFIT TAKER:
You must be Old Mate to participle in the Heist Bounties. So if you're not there yet - you've got a new goal for the weekend! Once you've gone through a full Heist - including the finale of taking down The Profit Taker Orb, you'll be able to freely access every stage of the Heist... this will make more sense once it's live :wink:.

B) VOX SOLARIS:
Stock up on Toroids - Little Duck's Vox Solaris Syndicate has 5 Ranks coming and will be home to Baruuk and his Components.

On the live version of Warframe, Vox Solaris has:

Neutral
Operative

The Update will include continued ranks of:

Agent - (Baruuk's Blueprint)
Hand - (Baruuk's Components)
Instrument
Shadow

C) And everything else?!
We are already at 12 pages of Notes for Part II. We have new Conservation species, new Amps & Arcanes, new Lore Fragments for our Fortuna Vendors, new Mods, new Operator hair, new Cosmetics, and much much more!

See you soon, Tenno!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Hey, can I get an invite to the clan on PC? IGN is rpm_ (same as Era username but with an underscore at the end). Thanks!

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Like, Garuda is a grind too, but at least you can do a lot of different things to grind it that mostly fall into the category of "things you were likely to do anyway on Fortuna". When I had to get toroids for it, I wasn't exactly thinking "boy I'd sure like to do this one specific thing to get over 300 more of these items".

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Like, Garuda is a grind too, but at least you can do a lot of different things to grind it that mostly fall into the category of "things you were likely to do anyway on Fortuna". When I had to get toroids for it, I wasn't exactly thinking "boy I'd sure like to do this one specific thing to get over 300 more of these items".
Man fucking RIP on baruuk farming, those stupid orbs never drop.
Toroids are clearly the equivalent of Eidolon bits. The current way of farming toroids is like trying to get your Quills standing from Vomvalysts (i.e. a mistake).
DE should be actively discouraging wasting time farming the wrong way instead of telling us to "Stock up on Toroids" before they implement the proper way of doing so.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i wish there was a way to avoid players. the amount of afkers in bounties is awful. especially in the plains

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Toroids are clearly the equivalent of Eidolon bits. The current way of farming toroids is like trying to get your Quills standing from Vomvalysts (i.e. a mistake).
DE should be actively discouraging wasting time farming the wrong way instead of telling us to "Stock up on Toroids" before they implement the proper way of doing so.

What's "shard" on death refer to?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty sure DE talked about this ages ago, that is why I didn't finish Garuda.
But the way internet responded it seems that only I knew lol.

??? you can play solo...

not sure how that solves my problem. i like playing in groups and it usually makes things easier especially with bounties.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Man fucking RIP on baruuk farming, those stupid orbs never drop.

By my calculation and going by the standing required for each rank per the wiki. If you are currently already max'd out the "operative" rank now like i do, you will need another 114 toroids to get to the next two ranks for the blueprint and components, and that does not include the ones you need to sacrifice to rank up.

It's live!!!!!!!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1044890-fortuna-the-profit-taker-update-242/

Tonkor Changes:
  • Changed from 'fire on release' to 'fire on press' and removed grenade arc visual.
  • Projectile now explodes on impact after traveling past 6m. If it impacts before 6m it is destroyed without exploding.
  • Updated explosion effect and matched radius to damage (6m).
  • Fire Rate increased from 2 to 3.17.
  • Radial damage increased from 325 to 650.
  • Clip size reduced from 2 to 1.
  • Ammo capacity reduced from 40 to 30.
  • 50% damage fall off added.

Why do they hate you? you beautiful thing ;_;

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to take down an orb mother with a random group, and had no idea what I was doing. Feels great trying to discover what the hell is going on :)

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Baruuk turned out good. I'm wary of movesets that emphasize disabling and debuffing enemies in games where the best way to reduce threats is usually "kill with damage"

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Staticor Changes:
Charged fire now deals self damage.

Oh no.

I was going to rag on the changes (besides the overpowered AoE), but I kinda like them (self damage aside). Charge time is usable now and travels much faster. You can actually do some decent long range shooting with these now. And the new weapon effects look great.

Though I will miss one of my favorite things to do with the staticor which was doing charged shots while bulleting jumping around a map, out running my charged shot, landing and tripping enemies with my bulletjump, then my charge shot would arrive to either finish them off or carpet them with status effects.

Crowbear

Oct 27, 2017
I 'm gonna need a whole damn week to get Old Mate. Stupid Daily Limit.
Yeah I'm in the same boat and it's a real bummer. I put off getting into fortuna stuff when I started playing because there was so much other stuff to do but now it's come back to bite me.

On the plus side I guess people will have figured stuff out for the spider fights and any bugs should be ironed out by the time I get to them but still :/

Have they added any way to farm toroids that doesn't involve the heists? I really really don't want to have to do the old method until I get them unlocked.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
For calda's at least, I'm finding repeating stage 2 of the new bounties you can get 1 or even 3 after just a few minutes. I expect the devs will adjust this soon though.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Reading through the patch notes was an experience. There were just as many changes that I liked as disliked. Not looking forward to Ratels in Orb Vallis.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Lucky you, I've had nothing but bad experiences with this thing.
Yeah... I'm on the same boat. I don't like this thing at all. It's just a mess and the 10 min cooldown it's just stupid (even more so when the last stage of the boss has a 5 min timer...).
Yes, you can reduce the cooldown by picking up the heavy ammo drops, but sometimes those don't drop and you're out of luck.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I bought both Baruuk and the new corpus weapons. So far I'm disappointed in both.

Baruuk: I was interested in another evasive tank style frame, especially one that is melee oriented, but his abilities are just too passive for me. Unless you're playing solo, his restraint meter takes forever to deplete before you can use his 4, and his 4 doesn't seem to do a whole lot other than knock enemies around a lot.

Exergis: I REALLY wanted to like this gun just on the design alone. It's like a Tigris Prime with slightly more status. My issue is the slightly faster reload is offset by the fact you can only fire one shot of this vs the Tigris' duplex fire. Maybe my opinion of it will change once I fully mod it and try it on higher level targets instead of relic mobs. Fun for relic runs where you don't have to reload though. Also has a Vazarin polarity on it for some reason.

Plink: Another design I really like. Very high crit chance and damage. Will probably invest some forma on this.

Galvachord: I hate whips and this one doesn't seem too great. I believe it's the slowest of all the whip style weapons.

Managed to beat Profit taker on the first attempt and it was pretty rough. Constantly having to revive teammates who dont try to avoid it's attacks while I barely got any time to fire my Fluctus. We almost ran out of time but the cooldown on my Fluctus came back just in time.

Also using Fluctus all the time in relic runs now. The width of the shot pretty much covers entire hallways

Oct 25, 2017
I give up. First mission keeps bugging out. I've watched that mission briefing four times now. Gonna wait till there's a more stable build out.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing the PC version today. I originally played PS4 and in the last few weeks I've put 140 hours into the Switch version. Today I find out that my third gen i5 and Nvidia 970 let me play at 4k/60.

PC it is then :) Once I rebound crouch and roll to my mouse side buttons I started loving m/kb controls. The 60fps is just the icing on the cake. It's a game I don't even mind starting again since the minute to minute gameplay is so satisfying. And now I know what I'm doing I've got my Rhino cooking in the oven on day one.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Too much content dumped today :) Running around with a Fluctus equipped is much fun. Might not have been the most optimal choice at first but whatever XD