• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they still need to do some fine tuning over what's considered a reasonable challenge. 60 minutes isn't just a question of difficulty, it's a significant time sink.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I know there are (a lot) of people who don't like the nightwave system, but it's really pulled me back into the game, I hadn't played since the start of the PoE betrayal league, but I am fully engaged back into Warframe now!
I agree on that. It made me do missions I wouldn't do anymore otherwise. The only negative aspect for me as of now is the Wolf's hammer which can only be obtained from the Wolf himself. With his really low spawn chance and his weapon parts drop % getting that weapons is next to impossible.

And yeah, those two 60 minutes challenges are bad.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree on that. It made me do missions I wouldn't do anymore otherwise. The only negative aspect for me as of now is the Wolf's hammer which can only be obtained from the Wolf himself. With his really low spawn chance and his weapon parts drop % getting that weapons is next to impossible.

And yeah, those two 60 minutes challenges are bad.
I just won't do anything that I don't want too, those 60 missions included, there is a lot of chuntering about not being able to get everything, and favouring "elitist no-lifers", I don't get why everyone has to get everything these days......

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
My 3 biggest issues with nightwave so far.
- Weekly objectives reset near the end of the weekend. I'd rather they pick a time like Thursday or Friday.
- These 60 minute survival missions aren't fun. Too many bad memories of doing orokin key survival missions. I could barely stand to do one of those 30 minute relic missions. At least make it so we don't have to do them all at once.
- Finding friends. I was able to manage last week through recruiting chat but its getting starting to get annoying. At least with 60 minute survival, I could play it solo and pause and resume as I go, but doing it with someone else is too much for me.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I just won't do anything that I don't want too, those 60 missions included, there is a lot of chuntering about not being able to get everything, and favouring "elitist no-lifers", I don't get why everyone has to get everything these days......
Oh I agree. I don't know if I am going to do those 60 minutes missions either. But weapons are another thing, there's people that after 1k, 2k hours still don't have Hate, Despair, War, etc.
I have almost 5k hours and I still can't get Vengeful Revenant. When you take into consideration that the season will last 10, 11 weeks and then the Wolf probably won't be around anymore for some time, having super low spawn and drop chances makes you think why add such a weapon when 90, 95% of players won't be able to get it?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I agree. I don't know if I am going to do those 60 minutes missions either. But weapons are another thing, there's people that after 1k, 2k hours still don't have Hate, Despair, War, etc.
I have almost 5k hours and I still can't get Vengeful Revenant. When you take into consideration that the season will last 10, 11 weeks and then the Wolf probably won't be around anymore for some time, having super low spawn and drop chances makes you think why add such a weapon when 90, 95% of players won't be able to get it?
To make people play more!

Do we think that any of these rewards will be a "one and done" thing?, I can't see it.

It's a tough ask for DE, having rewards that will satisfy both those players who have been in the game ages, and new players, plus those who only play casually, and those that are a little more.....aggressive.....in their playtime.

But, there really does to be a shift in expectancy from players, lots of people are entitled to the point of expecting that they should be able to get everything.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I fully endorse the 60 minute survival challenges though. Yikes that was a commitment!
it's only ten minutes longer than a cetus night cycle.

it's not that big of a deal
But, there really does to be a shift in expectancy from players, lots of people are entitled to the point of expecting that they should be able to get everything.
yeah, people were complaining about "having to do" the sortie with friend mission

like... it's just one regular-length mission

find literally one other person in the game who wants to do the same challenge, it's not hard

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
To make people play more!

Do we think that any of these rewards will be a "one and done" thing?, I can't see it.

It's a tough ask for DE, having rewards that will satisfy both those players who have been in the game ages, and new players, plus those who only play casually, and those that are a little more.....aggressive.....in their playtime.

I know that everything they make is to keep people playing, that's the nature of the game. That doesn't exclude them from being critized when something is bad, which is the case of Wolf and his weapon.

No, I don't think these rewards will be a one and done thing. The stalker is always alvailable, yet some of his weapons/mod are so rare that even playing thousands of hours you still won't get them. That is bad for the players (and good for DE as you keep trying to get them).

I get what you're saying and I like having challenges with proper rewards. But I think there's a point where you have to balance it out. If I played a certain amount of time and yet I can't access some of the content... well, maybe it should''t be THAT difficult to obtain in the first place. It's not about not putting effort, it's about making sure that if people put in enough time then they can see something in return.

They could have easily made it so that when you encounter those 3 prisoners in random missions, you can either capture them for rep, or you can let them go so that the Wolf gets "angry" at you and that increases his spawn chance. That provides a little bit of decision, do you want more rep or do you want to attract the Wolf to you?
Instead, we're forced into capture them for 150 rep and hope you ever get to fight the Wolf.

There are ways to improve this that wouldn't have taken too much time to add, but they decided to make him a stalker like enemy with super low drop % yet again.

Last edited:
yeah now with two cycles of weeklys my hot take is that this indeed is a little no lifer.

If you got little time say 1h a day to play you need to do only this, it takes away of other farming commintents you had.

the easy or short challenges are cool like the ESO or the Syndicates now.

10 perfect captures when I have done 2 barely normal ones... meh.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the 60 min survivals aren't that hard just tedious. like this new system.

Nightwave is clearly designed to keep the vets grinding. DE must need better payer retention metrics or something. No reason to replace alerts entirely

Not everyone no life's this game nor should they. Path of exile is bad for this too.

Not to rant again but it's fine if ppl who have played forever have less to do. plenty of other games to play or things you can do on your own. no need to up the grind yet again.

This should have been a complimentary system to let ppl get guaranteed rewards while still having alerts.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up, you can do both 60 minutes challenges at the same time. Go with a friend/clan member to a Kuva survival and don't use the oxigen capsules. At the end you get both challenges as completed. Bring a Nekros to desecrate and have more oxigen and something that can kill a lot.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they still need to do some fine tuning over what's considered a reasonable challenge. 60 minutes isn't just a question of difficulty, it's a significant time sink.

Yep, I had to give a heads up to my WF friends to not do it late last night and wait to do it tonight so I can join them. It requires scheduling ^^'

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
And speaking of doing them at the same time, turning a pod into a Kuva extractor doesn't count as using it for the challenge.

Most of these are fine, I'd hardly call these no-lifer challenges.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment there is so much to do for me that I don't pressure myself if I don't enjoy certain tasks. There will always be more challenges, alerts and nightwaves to complete, so no stress. I am still pretty new to the game and didn't even unlock the whole star-chart. I like the nightwave system but I miss the alerts. They should not be replaced entirely IMO.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Hey, I play this game since the beginning and still have not cleared the star-chart ;-)
On it tho... hah.

And I kinda agree on the alerts. Maybe make them less frequent but harder/more rewarding. Like Gift From the Lotus. Do we know if Nightwave will stay forever?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
That seems to be the plan. I've no doubt they'll keep tinkering with it as they get more data and feedback so it might not stay exactly as we're currently seeing it.
No doubt they will tune it. The integration of the whole thing seems a bit "work in progress" though - the big button in the star chart is a giveaway. I hope they find a way to nicely integrate it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, you can do both 60 minutes challenges at the same time. Go with a friend/clan member to a Kuva survival and don't use the oxigen capsules. At the end you get both challenges as completed. Bring a Nekros to desecrate and have more oxigen and something that can kill a lot.
As long as you don't afk the entire mission you'll likely pick up the "kill eximus" challenge too. If you're paying attention you can get your weapon damage daily, and might even be able to pick up at least half of the rare mods.

10 perfect captures when I have done 2 barely normal ones... meh.
Just hunt pobbers, you get three capture attempts per poop instead of one.

When you equip the pobber lure and open your big Orb Vallis map it'll show you all the places where pobbers will spawn.

If you can, use Ivara, go invisible, and use sleep arrow to tranquilize all three pobbers instead of trying to tranq them all individually. Easy.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I play this game since the beginning and still have not cleared the star-chart ;-)
On it tho... hah.

And I kinda agree on the alerts. Maybe make them less frequent but harder/more rewarding. Like Gift From the Lotus. Do we know if Nightwave will stay forever?
The system itself is forever. The current episode is gonna last 10 weeks though

Oct 25, 2017
Just hunt pobbers, you get three capture attempts per poop instead of one.

When you equip the pobber lure and open your big Orb Vallis map it'll show you all the places where pobbers will spawn.

If you can, use Ivara, go invisible, and use sleep arrow to tranquilize all three pobbers instead of trying to tranq them all individually. Easy.

They changed it so you can only get a perfect capture if you get a direct hit with sleep arrow, so only one of the pobbers would count as perfect. You still have to consider wind direction too.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
They changed it so you can only get a perfect capture if you get a direct hit with sleep arrow, so only one of the pobbers would count as perfect.
then whatever they changed didn't work, because I did the capture thing yesterday and it definitely let me get more than one perfect capture per arrow

maybe their definition of "direct hit" is fairly broad

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
then whatever they changed didn't work, because I did the capture thing yesterday and it definitely let me get more than one perfect capture per arrow

maybe their definition of "direct hit" is fairly broad

Hmm, I didn't think to try and reduce the range of the arrow to prevent sleeping the group of pobbers with a single arrow. Is that what you did with her sleep arrows, or were you shooting 3 and getting each separately?

In the end, I just used the tranq rifle on each. I think they adjusted the behaviour so the pobbers don't get alerted once you start shooting and hit them.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I didn't think to try and reduce the range of the arrow to prevent sleeping the group of pobbers with a single arrow. Is that what you did with her sleep arrows, or were you shooting 3 and getting each separately?

In the end, I just used the tranq rifle on each. I think they adjusted the behaviour so the pobbers don't get alerted once you start shooting and hit them.
i'm reasonably sure I got more than one perfect pobber on an arrow or two

looking at what people have said on the wiki, apparently you can get a perfect capture with a non-direct hit of sleep arrow if you hit x immediately after they fall asleep

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The top arm of the Void sector. Nope. Can't do.
I did the first node just barely but pretty sure I can't do the other ones.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, solo. I never find open public groups during the time I play.
In terms of Mods? I probably don't have the right ones available to be a bit better quipped. What should I be looking out for?
Depends what frame you are using really, you either want something tanky, like Rhino or Inaros, or something with fire and forget / get out of the way DoT like Saryn.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

A note for the upcoming 24.4.0 mainline update:

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1067070-status-thread-update-2440/

[DE]Rebecca said:
Hi all PC Tenno -

You are anticipated. And, you are anticipating this week's mainline Update! We still expect it to ship this week, just not today. Check back to this thread for Status Updates!

Our marketing team is putting together a nice overview for you to checkout before the Update launches. Stay tuned for that.

I wanted to share some QOL that's coming as well (in addition to the new hotness like Hildryn, the Tatsu, Melee Changes Phase 1: "Flow" etc). This of course is not nearly everything (we have 18 pages of notes), but these are some major player requests that are shipping. I wanted to make sure this got shared before the major content drops on PC this week!

Plains of Eidolon Changes:
- Bounties are now available out in the Plains of Eidolon! Certain tents placed throughout the Plains contain a console that encompasses the power to contact Konzu himself (when he's not on his early lunch).
- With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

Orb Heist: Profit Taker Changes:
- All non-Orb enemies can no longer trigger knockback in players during this fight. If you are being tossed around by Moas/etc moving forward in the context of the Orb Heist Profit Taker fight, please let us know.

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!
You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.
- Once the 'mission complete' interval is met, players can head to extraction any time they choose (i.e 5 minutes for Survival).
- Any player at extraction triggers a countdown timer.
- If all players leave the extraction zone, the countdown timer is cancelled.
- When the timer is up, the extraction ship arrives and any players in the extraction zone leave.
- Anyone still playing can extract later any time they choose.

Client-Authoritative Changes:
We have made some much requested changes to the responsiveness of two things in Warframe: Weapon swapping and automatic doors. Right now in Warframe, if you are connected as a client you may have experienced delays in responsiveness of either of these essential things! The changes should result in a much smoother experience:
- Swapping weapons as a Client will now feel more responsive because we've made it Client-Authoritative.
- Automatic Doors have been made Client-Authoritative. Previously there were cases of door not opening in tandem with the Host if any latency was experienced. This is likely going to ship, but in the event it's too risky we will polish and roll out later.

Last edited:

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
individual extractions is great, but I expect host migrations will not work well with it

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Today I learned that you can combine two elemental damages to make a new one :) Finished 3 daily challenges. Does elemental damage add to your base damage or does it convert existing base damage into elemental?

I need some platinum because I my slots are full and two new Warframes are already crafted :( But I wasn't lucky in my daily login rewards yet. I hope I get some % in the next days so that I can level up and try out more Frames.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Today I learned that you can combine two elemental damages to make a new one :) Finished 3 daily challenges. Does elemental damage add to your base damage or does it convert existing base damage into elemental?
The damage you do is basically what you see in the weapon mod screen - every damage type listed adds up to the total. Usually that means you'll have the three 'physical' damage types and then the elemental damage types on top of that. That being said, elements are more situational, though in practice some elements are more viable for general-purpose use than others. Magnetic in particular only has one 'armor' type that it it's not very effective against, according to the wiki, same with Corrosive.

You can actually have multiple element combos on a single weapon (I know you can have at least two), but in practice it's usually not remotely optimal.

Last edited:

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

I need some platinum because I my slots are full and two new Warframes are already crafted :( But I wasn't lucky in my daily login rewards yet. I hope I get some % in the next days so that I can level up and try out more Frames.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
6WRw2wt.jpg

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I am loving how Hildryn colors work right now. I'm just picking colors at random and everything seems to be fitting well.

EDIT: Melee channeling feels to be a little wonky right now. You don't get a visual effect of it toggling if you have your gun out, which is hard to tell when you constantly use RMB combos. Also Hildryn can't use channeling because of no energy.

Last edited:

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
As I said before, removing quick melee made some weapons a lot slower. Using polearms makes you stop every 3 attacks due to the combo. I read that removing the stances makes the quick melee work so I'll be definitely trying that.
Other than that, the directional slams are nice but I don't really feel that many changes since I've mostly never used full melee combo anyway.

mrs.glitches

Jul 14, 2018
with glitchesarecool
GLITCHES IS AT WORK SO I'M BACK TO MY BULLSHIT BARO LIST and wow today is a good day

Prisma Grinlok- this is new so buy it for mastery! i think the grinlok's good too! so heck! 👌👌👌

Primed Fever Strike- A MUST BUY ♥️♥️♥️

Jolt- specifically jolt: BUY THIS BOY. Baro is the only way to get this mod! 👌👌👌🏦

The other three electric dualstat mods- also good 👍👍👍

Prisma Obex- i mean all sparring weapons are bad but ok 👍

Prisma Dual Cleaver- best cleavers in the game, good stat sticks. 👍👍

Prisma Uru Syndana- good syndana 👍👍👍

Kiteer Armor set- like i mostly use the chest piece because the others are a tad bulky, but they're good. 👍👍

Mantis Prisma skin- blind your friends on the loading screen, seriously it's BRIGHT 🌟🌟🌟

Kiteer Sentinel attachments- good accessories for your helioses, your carriers. 👌👌

Tigris elixis skin- heck, why not?👍👍

Kiteer color palette- big yes, I use it for my vaporwave looks. Got lots of good greens and teals.👍👌👍👌👍

Kiteer sugatra- boo🤔

Baro Kiteer Glyph- unless you love this man and make a shrine out of him, meh🤔🤔

Kiteer Atmos Mask- bane from batman forever👍

Kiteer Arrow Skin- sure heck it👌

Nexus fur pattern- i'm salty about this because i wanted the kavat bust today🤔🤔🤔

Sands of Inaros Blueprint- if you're new and don't have Inaros: THIS IS HOW YOU GET THAT TANKY, TANKY BOY🏜️🏜️🏜️

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to play Hildryn this morning, and found that when ever I go from my primary to her 1, and then back, it will bring me back to my secondary. Not sure if this is a common issue with all ability weapons, but just a minor bug.

Other than that, I really am digging her abilities. I like that they put in a ripped female frame (like Overwatch's Zyra), and like that her non-combat stance is a sassy feeling hand on hip look