• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get what DE was trying to do, but in practice it really didn't work out. If I was handling it I would've done it a lot differently - then again, I would take a significantly different approach to storytelling with this kind of game to begin with.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hello I am downloading warframe

is there uh

a starting guide? I don't mind putting in some money down($30ish) so what'd be the best warframe for the price?

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017

is there uh

a starting guide? I don't mind putting in some money down($30ish) so what'd be the best warframe for the price?
Just pick up Excalibur and start playing. If you really want to spend cash, I'd recommend buying some platinum and picking up some weapon/Warframe slots and an affinity booster (doubles XP gain).

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're set on buying a frame, buy Mess. She's a pain in the ass to farm anyway, and pretty cool and strong.

cheers

I'ma check out the stuff of course. maybe they're a starter pack, I love those.

mike mahardy from gamespot was playing it in the Giant Bomb playdate, and it seemed insane and fun, that's why I'm playing warframe.

Go ahead and buy, however it's much better for you to wait for a 50% or 75% discount from the daily login reward.

ok so I should wait till theres a discount available

mhmhm

Last edited:

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
cheers

I'ma check out the stuff of course. maybe they're a starter pack, I love those.

mike mahardy from gamespot was playing it in the Giant Bomb playdate, and it seemed insane and fun, that's why I'm playing warframe.

ok so I should wait till theres a discount available

mhmhm
Just keep in mind the discount is part of a random distribution for daily log in. You might not get one for months.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017

is there uh

hold off on spending money until you know you like the game

there are some decent beginner guides on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/asfcn4/meta_new_or_returning_player_welcome_back_to/

save your money for the warframes that are a pain in the ass to farm, like Khora

and here's some other stuff I told somebody starting out, might be wrong about some of it since it's been a long time since I did the starter stuff:
Be prepared to pop open the wiki, you're going to need it.

Don't just sell weapons as soon as you get tired of them, make sure you level them all the way up to 30 first. Even the bad ones. This increases your overall mastery rank, which is needed to get better weapons as you go.

Don't get too caught up in Cetus/Plains or Fortuna/Vallis on Earth and Venus. These are meant to be areas you come back to all through the game. Just do the introductory quests and a couple low level bounties to pick up some mods and move on.

The UI is sometimes pretty bad about showing you that you don't have to buy most things with the premium currency. With the exception of cosmetics and item slots, you'll be buying blueprints in the market and using materials to craft them.

Don't stress too much about which Warframe you start with, as the starters you don't pick are pretty easy to acquire later.

When you're finishing up Venus, make sure you farm all the parts for Rhino from the Jackal boss. He's still one of the best Warframes in the game and he's literally the first one you can get after the starters.

You get 50 platinum to start. Do not spend this on anything other than Warframe and weapon slots.

Do not rush items in the foundry. It's not worth it.

Do not spend resources leveling the "damaged" mods you get during the tutorial. Wait until you get the undamaged versions.

Your overall goal is to just do all the missions and challenges necessary to move through the star chart. The junctions at the edges of each planet tell you what you need to do to move forward.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017

is there uh

As someone who started recently, if you're just starting, I would absolutely recommend spending $10 on Discord Nitro for its free Warframe pack.

It's more than a 50% discount on 440 platinum, plus 7-day Resource/Credit/Affinity (experience) boosters and some free skins. This platinum can't be traded so you can't buy items from other people with it, but it's basically all you'll ever need for weapon and warframe slots and will enable you to upgrade your gear at will, as opposed to scrounging for some of the rarest mats in the game. And I didn't think the boosters would be that big of a deal, but they totally are -- and they'll be even moreso for you with the early game credit crunch.

And so you don't have to ask later, if you're playing through Steam or the standalone client, the easiest way to activate the pack is just to redownload the game through Discord, boot it through there, buy the pack on the market in game so that it'll be on your account, and then delete your Discord version files.

And seriously, seriously, seriously.. don't buy a warframe directly off the marketplace. The starting warframes (and the other early ones) are all really, really good, but if you need to skip ahead to something else, buy some regular, transferable platinum and use https://warframe.market/ to trade it for a prime warframe. You can snag 3-4 prime warframes for the 325 plat it costs to buy one regular one from the marketplace.

Also, don't buy full price plat, wait for that 50% off discount.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I can hardly get into groups on fortuna. If it works it seems really laggy. Is this a known problem or is it because of doulbe money weekend? Any workarounds?

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Just did a bunch of Exploiter runs and this is a pretty fun fight. Love that you can restart it without having to return to Fortuna.

Z61

Feb 12, 2019
Anyone else super tired of the open world stuff? I can't even bring myself to play the game anymore. Hit me with The New War and RailJacked so I can keep playing.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Just did a bunch of Exploiter runs and this is a pretty fun fight. Love that you can restart it without having to return to Fortuna.

Best time I've managed so far in a self-organising group of random folks is 11mins average, spread over 2 runs. Nova for the phase 1 skip, and a max strength Volt to help us zip around for Phase 2.

When the fractures dry up, we just started bringing closer all capsules that were distributed around the perimeter. Also tried to ensure we always had at least 1 charged capsule stored on the frame (and even on the operator if fortunate enough) before the cutscene happens, to avoid them de-spawning when it ends. It felt like it made a difference.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Close to 100 hours according to Steam and this game is still a ton of fun. You always unlock or progress in something which makes it very motivating. Sitting on a 50% Platinum coupon right know. Still not decided for what package I go, but the 2100 one seems the most reasonable and will probably cover my needs for some time.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Close to 100 hours according to Steam and this game is still a ton of fun. You always unlock or progress in something which makes it very motivating. Sitting on a 50% Platinum coupon right know. Still not decided for what package I go, but the 2100 one seems the most reasonable and will probably cover my needs for some time.
Great, did you reach any of the cinematic quests yet? If not you still have a lot of stuff to see and unlock.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The Second Dream would have been the first one. Cinematic means "with cutscenes" here.
Didn't do any of these yet. Looking forward to it but I am having way too much fun leveling up my stuff. I mainly do Defense- and Survival-Missions at the moment. And weekly stuff. I need 1 more fish and 3 more ores. Currently working on that. Fortuna is beautiful place :)

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. I've been playing the game for about a week now, I guess? It's scratching a lot of those itches of great gameplay plus loot. Right up my alley. I'm working through Mars right now.

I wouldn't mind joining the clan. My username is the same, "ZealousD".

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
New Nighwave! I wonder what we get this week...

Gilded - Gild a modular item
Are you fucking kidding me, literally yesterday I gilded the 3 Fortuna amps. Apparently the Mote amp works for this so there's that.

Polarized - Use Forma 3 times
Well, shit. Because my dumb ass is on a self-imposed challenge not to use Forma until reaching MR30, I guess I'm not doing that one.

Kill Profit taker with friends
I really hate this friend or clanmate bullshit.

The others are fine.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Only one that is a hassle for me is the forma one. I'm extremely low on forma after formaing a bunch of weapons and frames, and havent attempted to stock up in a while. I guess I'll forma my prisma grinlok.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm holding off the forma task for now, as there does seem to be a few issues relating to forma atm...

In the PC Bugs warframe forums, people have reported losing polarities when swapping their positions. Someone else logged a bug about a forma not being applied when done inside the simulacrum. Also, one I noticed recently is that you can't apply a forma at all to a k-drive that was built, and not bought with plat.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
New Nighwave! I wonder what we get this week...

Gilded - Gild a modular item
Are you fucking kidding me, literally yesterday I gilded the 3 Fortuna amps. Apparently the Mote amp works for this so there's that.

Polarized - Use Forma 3 times
Well, shit. Because my dumb ass is on a self-imposed challenge not to use Forma until reaching MR30, I guess I'm not doing that one.

Kill Profit taker with friends
I really hate this friend or clanmate bullshit.

The others are fine.
Buy 3 mk1-bo/mk1-braton, etc, and put forma in them. You can sell those later. No gear of yours will be forma'ed.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
What fish on Eidolon are supposed to be rare? I catched Sharrac and Karkina several times with the Twilight Bait, but both didn't count towards the weekly challenge.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
So with the fractures staying for another week and double resources coming this weekend, does that mean we'll get 6x resources with a booster or 8x?

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
8x. Hell, it could even be 16x with a Smeeta buff. I'm expecting to see some truly stupid numbers in end game mission screens for loot over the weekend.

Last edited: