• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
unknown.png

Find Infested Moms Near You!

Developer: Digital Extremes
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch
Price: Free to Play
Genre: Third Person Shooter, Loot-based.
# of Players: Up to 4 player squads.

unknown.png

Warframe is a Free-To-Play, third person, sci-fi shooter. Since its launch in March 2013, the game has been under continuous development, with 25 major content updates, 40 Warframes and numerous smaller updates since release.
The tagline "Ninjas Play Free" isn't a joke: all of these content updates (which include open world maps, remasters, new Warframes, etc.) are free.

Warframe is a third person, objective-based, loot driven shooter, using characters that share the title name. Your goal is to collect materials, weapons, Warframe upgrades (which are called "Mods"), and Warframe parts as you complete missions to progress through a map of the solar system. Players can harness the powers of their Frames and weapons in order to clear hordes of enemies in the PvE maps, stay true to the moniker of "ninja" by stealthing in spy missions, or defeat various bosses and listen to them wax poetically about something called Tubemen.

Players also have access to public spaces known as Relays where they may interact with each other, trade, or practice their skills for ranking up. There are also three open-world hubs with one on Venus (Fortuna), Earth (Cetus), and Deimos (Cambion Drift), where you can receive missions for Frame blueprints, materials, mods, and more for a nice cyborg lady, or get lunch for an old man.

The game's system allows for players to customize the various aspects of their equipment using "mods." Mods are installed in 8-10 slots that can be upgraded and changed as the player progresses through the game. Warframe mods include things like enhanced health, damage resistances, and ability modifications. Weapon mods are typically focused on damage types, but can also include silent firing, magazine changes, and unique effects during battle.

WF_TennoliveScreenshot_DeimosLandscape-Worm_4K-2060x1159.jpg

THE HEART OF DEIMOS
The Tenno have discovered the massive infested moon, Deimos, a hauntingly-beautiful landscape festering with Infested enemies, the strange Entrati and sights unseen in ever-changing underground cave networks. The living world has something to do with the nature of the Warframes themselves, but the mystery has to be pried from the undying clutches of the Infested.

unknown.png

Warframe.com
Warframe Steam Page
Please note: The Steam version is required if you want access to Steam Workshop community created content, also known as Tennogen. These are purely cosmetic additions and have no impact on gameplay.
Tennogen are also on the console versions for platinum.

unknown.png

Warframe Forums.
Warframe Steam Community.
Warframe Wiki. This is an extremely useful, detailed, and maintained wiki, and is even used by the developers for quickly referencing details. Unfortunately it's a Wikia page, so go in with your adblockers on high alert.
r/Warframe's Exhaustive Beginner Guide. Also good for returning players.
DapperMuffin's Warframe Handbook (Google Docs). Covers everything you'll need to know, top to bottom. Reading the introduction is recommended for new players.
Warframe Hub For all your Warframe World status checking needs.
Tenno Tools another great world status checker

6NmzNHT.png

Ayatan Ranch
Leave your name in this thread and we'll get you an invite ASAP! Also check out our Discord! New users will need to post in the recruiting channel first.
If you have questions and/or need help, we highly encourage you to visit the discord!

Playing on the PS4 and looking for a clan invite? Head over to the PS4 OT!

LOGOLOGOFINALFINAL.png

also big thanks to the artist for the new header, and the new images. her art/in-game name is irisillych but you'll see her here as mrs. glitches: this is her twitter
she's wonderful, amazing, hard-working, and overall really cool
Warframe - My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-up Hot Mom Time

Last edited:

Manzoon

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast, USA
I feel bad for the teralyst, it just wants to go out for a stroll and we are blasting it to pieces 5 times a night (I really want to get that sixth kill in so bad).

goblin

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all your hard work on this thread about my favorite F2P online multiplayer squad-based sci-fi third-person fisher.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
So my general opinion of plains is that like a lot of new experiments from DE, the initial launch was super rocky. They've misstepped a lot.in how resources and standing gains were done for the plains, turning it all into a very tightly contained mess that had little to no effect on the rest of the starchart, other than the new mods, weapons, and Gara. The weapons were really the only things realistically obtainable in a short amount of time because of how everything else is slowly farmed from the plains.

They've been making some steady improvements and at least missions don't break all the time, but it still sucks to gain standing for Cetus and with how slow resource gathering is.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
At first I was feeling pretty meh on Gara, but her 1 ability where she does the sword swipe is pretty ridiculous. Really great for crowd control when I had snipers equipped.

Loving the new tennogens. Bought atlas graxx and likely gonna get the shiny new Mesa one as well

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've been out on the Plains a grand total of once.

There does not seem to be a whole lot of incentive right now and there's not much joy to the exploration currently.

The star map has remained a lot more interesting to me.

StriderERA

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sup folks.

Whats the current clan situation? Haven't played in a few days now so curious how that's being done.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've been out on the Plains a grand total of once.

There does not seem to be a whole lot of incentive right now and there's not much joy to the exploration currently.

The star map has remained a lot more interesting to me.

The fact that it's so removed from the rest of the game combined with the fact that the grind is ridiculous has made me not go on the plains at all.

I like fishing and I like mining but I also don't like being forced to do it to get anything in the plains.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Next month should be when the ps4 version gets the update right?

Yes, November is when they are looking to get it out, don't think there has been an actual day for release yet though.

Sup folks.

Whats the current clan situation? Haven't played in a few days now so curious how that's being done.

The clan is being renamed but will not mention resetera in the name. The roster will ofc be unchanged. Anyone who asks for an invite here will be given a spot in the clan though.

Last edited:

goblin

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really enjoy Plains and all the content on it, but it absolutely needs bugs ironed out. The most recent hotfix helped with some major desync issues I've encountered doing public bounties, but there's still the risk that some events will just outright fail, or get abandoned because a Nova wormhole grazed the edge of the boundary area. Rewards also need more looking at, along with standing gain and crafting costs. Augur Reach, along with a few other set mods, has never shown up in the bounty rotation so it's selling for an absurd amount of platinum. Credit caches are still a thing. Standing gain from gems and fish could use a boost across the board. Arcane costs are better than before but still seem too high in some cases for how little effect they have outside of operator combat which, at the moment anyway, is only really one activity.

Also, if PoE is really going to be available so early on it needs to offer more for new players so it doesn't feel like their time there is wasted. Either better early bounty rewards or the ability to trade Plains-only resources for mods and star chart resources they might need.

Focus is a whole other can of worms. Hopefully it gets some changes before another two years have passed.

But, all that said, downing the teralyst for the first time was a great experience, and figuring out ways to optimize future teralyst hunts with a community has been a lot of fun.

At first I was feeling pretty meh on Gara, but her 1 ability where she does the sword swipe is pretty ridiculous. Really great for crowd control when I had snipers equipped.

I like the way Gara's abilities synchronize with each other without being dependent on synergies to be useful. Using Vitrify to refresh Storm is cool, and shattering Vitrify with Lash is surprisingly effective. I only wish that Splinter Storm, an ability you're encouraged to have 100% uptime on and also cast on your allies, didn't cover the entire screen in giant constantly twirling shards. I feel a bit guilty when I use it on someone because it's so distracting.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2's been taking up a lot of my free time, but I still make sure to log in and run a couple missions every day. Prolly going to hit Plains more often now that they've hotfixed in the quick leave squad button.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
I take it that this will be the main thread for PC discussion?

Anyway, what sort of time I should be looking at to kill basic enemies? I basically facerolled my way through to ~20 and by late 20s my weapons don't feel as good (galatine + boltor), as I'm swinging a huge sword, it shouldn't take 2-3 swipes to kill a random mook. Should I start looking into upgrading my weapons with the "potatoes" by now?

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017
Is Oberon worth building? I've got two parts for him and he seems like a fun paladin type character. I've been rocking the Twitch Prime gear and warframe since it's just too good to not use.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
I take it that this will be the main thread for PC discussion?

Anyway, what sort of time I should be looking at to kill basic enemies? I basically facerolled my way through to ~20 and by late 20s my weapons don't feel as good (galatine + boltor), as I'm swinging a huge sword, it shouldn't take 2-3 swipes to kill a random mook. Should I start looking into upgrading my weapons with the "potatoes" by now?

You may not need to use a potato just yet. What kind of mods have you got in those weapons/frames? Getting good ones or just ranking up your current ones could be enough to see doing fine for the foreseeable future.
Also, for melee weapons, equipping a stance mod (especially one with the same polarity) will increase your mod equip load, which can help.

Is Oberon worth building? I've got two parts for him and he seems like a fun paladin type character. I've been rocking the Twitch Prime gear and warframe since it's just too good to not use.

Definitely. His abilities allow him to deal damage or to sit back and be more supportive. His 2 is especially useful because of the large aoe damage it brings.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
You may not need to use a potato just yet. What kind of mods have you got in those weapons/frames? Getting good ones or just ranking up your current ones could be enough to see doing fine for the foreseeable future.
Also, for melee weapons, equipping a stance mod (especially one with the same polarity) will increase your mod equip load, which can help.

The basics, +health + shields +shield regen for the frame and an aura mod for rifle dmg, +dmg, +dmg type for my weapons. I've upgraded the mods to the point that it's beginning to take several hundreds of the mod currency to rank them up. As for stances, I haven't gotten a stance for the melee weapons I have. Should I just craft a weapon that I have a stance mod for?

E: here's my loadouts https://imgur.com/a/ainY8 currently leveling Oberon so I wouldn't have to rely on the broken mod to regain HP (give lifesteal T_T)

Last edited:

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
I assume you're using this as the PC thread then like we had before, yeah?

I'll toss a link to it in the PS4 OT I threw up yesterday if you're cool with it.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
The basics, +health + shields +shield regen for the frame and an aura mod for rifle dmg, +dmg, +dmg type for my weapons. I've upgraded the mods to the point that it's beginning to take several hundreds of the mod currency to rank them up. As for stances, I haven't gotten a stance for the melee weapons I have. Should I just craft a weapon that I have a stance mod for?

If by +dmg type you mean heat, electricity etc dmg then putting on a +status chance mod will make those more effective, if you mean + impact, slash dmg then that's fine as is.
If you already have stance mods for certain weapon types it wouldn't hurt, but assuming you're a relatively new player, I wouldn't put too much emphasis one restricting yourself. Right now you're best bet is to try out a lot of different weapons, hold on to 1 or 2 that you know can handle stuff in case you need something more hard hitting.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I assume you're using this as the PC thread then like we had before, yeah?

I'll toss a link to it in the PS4 OT I threw up yesterday if you're cool with it.

I saw it, didn't know how you guys were going to be running this going forward. PC clan is going through rebranding to something neutral. I'll add it later.

I think Plains would fit better mechanically on Pluto, honestly. It's such an odd place on the Earth considering how separate it all is from the starchart and general progress. But they wanted to show off their new setting to the most people possible, so I can kind of understand it.

Edit: uh, hi PS4 thread, don't know why we were merged...

Last edited:

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my stuff https://imgur.com/a/ainY8
Currently leveling an Oberon so I don't have to rely on that broken mod for healing (give lifesteal T_T)

I don't know what weapon each stance mod is for off my head so you'd need to go through that yourself but if you're able to put one of those on a weapon it will increase the mod limit based on what rank it is. It's always a good idea to max those and frame aura mods.

If these are the only good mods you have then you seem to be doing okay and apart from increasing the ranks the only other option is to farm new mods.

You have fast deflection on your frame, personally I don't think that's a great mod you may be better off using something else in it's place if you can.

The last picture has serration, not sure if you're using that cause it seems separate from the pictures but stick that on your gun. Also if you have any crit mods use them, can never go wrong with crit!

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this came out and no one cared. Now I see it being put up against Destiny. Should give this a shot sometime.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
You have fast deflection on your frame, personally I don't think that's a great mod you may be better off using something else in it's place if you can.

The last picture has serration, not sure if you're using that cause it seems separate from the pictures but stick that on your gun. Also if you have any crit mods use them, can never go wrong with crit!

I've got fast deflection on my excalibur since the shields are basically the only way to have any sustainability without proper HP gain mods. And yeah, I've got serration on my Boltor, but I don't think that modding crit on it is a good idea since it has only 5% base crit?
Currently leveling a Dread bow and crit modding that all the way. Lucked into a +crit dmg mod for it too, now if only I were a bettter shot >_>

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I have been playing a lot since the update and I have yet to do anything in that open world zone. I'm just playing it with the new easy to follow planet map system (before it looked like this, so I had no idea where to go, or how to avoid the non solo friendly objectives).

Now I wait on tomorrow for some stuff to finish building.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Hullo everyone. Bout to log on and see if my Rhino is done baking in the oven.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Hullo everyone. Bout to log on and see if my Rhino is done baking in the oven.

I got him a few days ago, I thought it would take a lot for me to like him after my only other warframe Loki, but boy that shield is nice. I don't use abilities much in this game because energy seem to run out fast.

My next frame will be Frost so I really want to unlock that second tree to get that energy regen passive. I just don't really understand how energy work. It seem to only go up when I get energy orbs, sometimes it seem like it goes up when I kill a enemy but I'm sure that is from orb, so when I see people talking about using abilities a lot I figure it must be because of that energy regen passive.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
My next frame will be Frost so I really want to unlock that second tree to get that energy regen passive. I just don't really understand how energy work. It seem to only go up when I get energy orbs, sometimes it seem like it goes up when I kill a enemy but I'm sure that is from orb, so when I see people talking about using abilities a lot I figure it must be because of that energy regen passive.

If you're just starting out still, it'll be a bit until you get to that passive tree (called Zenurik). Energy is largely defined by the blue orbs that drop off of enemies, however there are other mechanics at play for passive generation. There's an aura called Energy Siphon that restores energy at 0.6 energy/sec, which would stack with however many people have that aura equipped. It's very common for newer players to use this one because of how useful energy is. There may also be frames that reward some energy for using an ability, or have energy restoration as their ability, such as Harrow, Trinity, and Octavia's personal passive. Players may also have Energy Restores handy, aka "Energy Pizzas", a gear item which they can drop to get an instant burst of energy.

Some people use a lot of abilities because they build their Warframes for efficiency, which caps at +75%. This turns the fourth ability casts into costing only 25 energy, rather than 100. This comes at the cost of ability duration.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to remove the whole instant fail thing from bounty's, its maddening.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I failed the hacking Mastery test, feels bad because I want to continue leveling my weapons. I was 2 levels to cap my Mk1 bow, which I thought I would hate having to level but it turned out to be amazing.

I also had Vectis Prime after that to try. I said screw mastery exp being wasted and continued leveling. I'm not waiting a whole day to be able to play. Feels bad, but what can I do.

I think I spent 10 seconds going to each of the terminals before I even started hacking to realize the one I was supposed to start with was the first one I went to, but I missed the prompt to hack. I also thought I was finished a few times, I didn't realize there was a time ticking the whole time. Very unfortunate.

If you're just starting out still, it'll be a bit until you get to that passive tree (called Zenurik). Energy is largely defined by the blue orbs that drop off of enemies, however there are other mechanics at play for passive generation. There's an aura called Energy Siphon that restores energy at 0.6 energy/sec, which would stack with however many people have that aura equipped. It's very common for newer players to use this one because of how useful energy is. There may also be frames that reward some energy for using an ability, or have energy restoration as their ability, such as Harrow, Trinity, and Octavia's personal passive. Players may also have Energy Restores handy, aka "Energy Pizzas", a gear item which they can drop to get an instant burst of energy.

Some people use a lot of abilities because they build their Warframes for efficiency, which caps at +75%. This turns the fourth ability casts into costing only 25 energy, rather than 100. This comes at the cost of ability duration.

Thanks for explaining this. I'll make that Zenurik tree a long term goal then.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I failed the hacking Mastery test, feels bad because I want to continue leveling my weapons. I was 2 levels to cap my Mk1 bow, which I thought I would hate having to level but it turned out to be amazing.

Mastery Rank XP overflows. i.e. whatever XP you gain from leveling your weapons will instantly be added to your MR XP pool once you reach the next MR. No XP loss. You can keep leveling your gear.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
You can practice them in the relays, in Simaris' room. It's on the right as you enter the room.

I tried to do that for the first test, but after finally finding the room (I got a bit stuck on realizing there was an elevator, and only one worked from the bottom floor) the only thing I could do in that room with the robotic AI head was learn how to synthesis and his quest to catch them all. I'm sure I may have missed something but I gave up and went ahead with test one anyway, it was incredibly easy so I never tried finding the practice again. I'll go again before taking the Hack Test and find it for sure.

I choke on complex Corpus hack terminals a lot. Grineer hacks are a piece of cake, even the opposite direction each activation ones.

Last edited:

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
I tried to do that for the first test, but after finally finding the room (I got a bit stuck on realizing there was an elevator, and only one worked from the bottom floor). The only thing I could do in that room with the robotic head was learn how to synthesis and his quest to catch them all. I'm sure I may have missed something but I gave up and went ahead with test one anyway, it was incredibly easy so I never tried finding the practice again. I'll go again before taking the Hack Test and find it for sure.

I choke on complex Corpus hack terminals a lot. Grineer hacks are a piece of cake, even the opposite direction each activation ones.
Once you enter the room, look to your right, a hallway is there