• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I have started it, probably made the wrong choice going Mag first, everything is massively overwhelming and if i am matched with other players they just rattle through the mission before I have even picked anything up haha

Mag is not a wrong choice, she is more than end game capable. You can't have a wrong choice with any of the 3 frames.

I started with Mag twice, and I would do that again if I have to start another account.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
How do you redeem the free starter pack? I'm still downloading the game so I can't check in-game, but in the eShop it's listed at $20 for me.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Had the same question. Starter pack shows $25 here for me. I would assume the free pack isn't available after account migration maybe.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading this at work so the speed isn't great, but I still have a few hours before lunch. Hopefully I can give it a trial run here so I don't have to wait until the end of the day.

Welcome, Nintenno! Good luck out there.

Remember: choose Mag.
Mag starters for life! And pull can carry you in the star chart (except in bosses, RIP bosses ragdolls)

SOME ENDGAME ADVICE:

This game rotates content named Prime that will be unavailable for some time, at this time you have until MID DECEMBER to farm for BANSHEE PRIME, MAG PRIME and NOVA PRIME.

There are also weapons that will be cycled out but there are more weapons than frames so focus on those if you wanna collect.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone interested, there's codes you can type in at the market (in-game) for sigils, icons, etc.. Most of the codes are for icons, mostly for various streamers or youtubers, but there's some pretty good stuff in there. The big one to get is FREESWORD , which give you a free Heat Sword that comes with a reactor installed (double mod capacity), which is a really nice boost for new players!

The list of current (active and inactive) codes can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8y1e99/promocode_list_july_2018/

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Hello there, total noob here with some total noob questions:
- Does this game has crossplay? If yes, can ps4 players play with Switch players?
- From what I've played, is this game is like Destiny? Like, there's a story and you have to keep completing missions to progress, but you can do these missions with randoms/friends?
- Where do I get that free starter pack? I checked the eshop, but the only starter pack there cost money.
- After I completed the first mission I got three mods (I think that's what they were called). How can I equip them?

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Mag is not a wrong choice, she is more than end game capable. You can't have a wrong choice with any of the 3 frames.

I started with Mag twice, and I would do that again if I have to start another account.

I have no regrets about starting with Mag, and that was back when Mag sucks was a dominant meme. Now she's pretty amazing, and I've been playing her heavily since the start of last summer.

Heads up to those just starting with Mag: Her third power strips enemy armor and shields, which even if it doesn't kill them outright makes them much easier to kill. It also replenishes your shields and everyone on your team, AND defense objectives. Later you can augment that power to disable robotics for a few seconds, which essentially acts as a stun to robots and gun carrying enemies.

I out-damage a lot of my friends by using Mag, AND she provides some utility. All hail Mag! \o/

nWSDHeA.jpg

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

Awesome thanks, I will keep going. I am enjoying playing it so far it just does fire a lot of systems at you right away so after the first hour I had no idea what I was playing. Watched a couple of videos and read a guide so I have a slightly better idea, but some practice will surely help to get used to it all.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I have no regrets about starting with Mag, and that was back when Mag sucks was a dominant meme. Now she's pretty amazing, and I've been playing her heavily since the start of last summer.

Heads up to those just starting with Mag: Her third power strips enemy armor and shields, which even if it doesn't kill them outright makes them much easier to kill. It also replenishes your shields and everyone on your team, AND defense objectives. Later you can augment that power to disable robotics for a few seconds, which essentially acts as a stun to robots and gun carrying enemies.

I out-damage a lot of my friends by using Mag, AND she provides some utility. All hail Mag! \o/

Nice, I have just unlocked that power so will try to use it a bit more, how exactly should I be using the powers? as much as possible or just in certain situations? does the fuel for the power replenish at all naturally or do you have to pick stuff up?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Migrated successfully. Too bad that my recently bought Garudo will not make it over. But alas, I'm happy that it worked.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
- Does this game has crossplay? If yes, can ps4 players play with Switch players?
- From what I've played, is this game is like Destiny? Like, there's a story and you have to keep completing missions to progress, but you can do these missions with randoms/friends?
- Where do I get that free starter pack? I checked the eshop, but the only starter pack there cost money.
- After I completed the first mission I got three mods (I think that's what they were called). How can I equip them?
- No, each console is completely separate.
- The game is a sci-fi looter shooter, but other than that it's much more like diablo or path of exile. You go through procedurally generated levels, killing hundreds of enemies for materials, and you unlock quests (story missions) along the way. You can do missions with up to 4 friends or randoms, or just go solo.
- You get the starter back after completing the tutorial quest.
- Once you get the arsenal module, go there (it's in the center of the lower floor of your orbiter), hover over whatever weapon or frame you want to add a mod to, and click "mods". From there, drag a mod from the bottom tray into one of the slots up top to equip it. If you match the icon on the mod to a slot with the same icon, it will halve the cost of the mod, so keep an eye out for that!

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I have just unlocked that power so will try to use it a bit more, how exactly should I be using the powers? as much as possible or just in certain situations? does the fuel for the power replenish at all naturally or do you have to pick stuff up?

Really depends on the power! Some are situational, some can be spammed to your heart's content as long as you have the energy for it. Mag's 1 for example is perfectly spammable. It's cheap and can grab single enemies or groups of enemies. With her 3 it travels out in a radius over time. I use it a bit less frequently because it's better for groups of enemies.

You'll find there's a LOT of variety in warframe powers and with each frame you just have to learn what works and what doesn't.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
It was the other way around for me. Can only properly aim with giro off. I think the game is too fast for me to use it. Will try docked.

Yeah see adjusting horizontally with the sticks was a little too hard for me. I kept overcorrecting. With the motion controls I aim kind of like I do in Splatoon, I do wide sweeps with the analog stick and then I use the motion controls for fine tunes and adjustments.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Downloading now. Gonna pump 20$ into the game initially for better gear and/or more slots and see what the fuss is all about. Extremely excited ^_;

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Does the game control well in handheld mode? If it plays better docked I may as well go for the ps4 version.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

nWSDHeA.jpg
Holy crap, it's an Iconian!

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watch the videos in the OP

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Downloading now. Gonna pump 20$ into the game initially for better gear and/or more slots and see what the fuss is all about. Extremely excited ^_;

I wouldn't spend money on gear tbh. I would just use it for slots. Getting "decent" gear isn't going to be difficult, especially given what you have access to early on in the game.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
A few questions for the initiated:

1) The game matched me with a random without my consent. I was just chilling in my ship and suddenly I'm in a mission with a random player. How do I stop that from happening?
2) Where is the free starter pack? Is that one in the marketplace? When I select it it takes me to the eShop but gives me a software unavailable error. What's up with that?

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Frost Prime, Hydroid Prime and Trinity Prime which I got from the Amazon Prime promotion. Does anyone know if those warframes transfer over? I looked on the list but saw no mention of any Prime.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
If any DE or Panic Button guys are reading this thread. I have one HUGE request. Can you guys PLEASE and I mean PLEASE give us all gyro as an option. I mean with a "recenter" button and all like in The World Ends with You. I mean gyro everywhere like a mouse. So I can control my camera, move the cursor when selecting menus...everything. I don't want to touch the right analog stick. It's really making it hard to aim since there's no way to recenter (at least I haven't found a way yet). Using the analog stick when motion controls are enabled is really throwing me off. I know some folks want to play with full dual analog and that's fine, but for those who don't, could you please add an option for us?

Keyboards work for anyone wondering....

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glitchesarecool
panic button deserve a shout out as a developer in the OP too, no?

i'll download the game tonight and see if i like it. it being f2p scares me but i want to see for myself how it runs and what it looks like.

Last edited:

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any way to migrate without a switch? I am planning to get one soon, but this is probably not gonna last long

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys. Got into the PS4 version sometime back, so I unfortunately don't have anything to migrate over and have to start from the beginning. No real biggie, especially since it's free, lol.

But anyway, how's the game on Switch? Docked vs undocked? Framerate, resolution, lag, matchmaking, etc.?

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't spend money on gear tbh. I would just use it for slots. Getting "decent" gear isn't going to be difficult, especially given what you have access to early on in the game.

Backing this up. If you're going to put some money down on the game, save it for warframe and weapon slots only at the beginning. You can easily get all the equipment in the game, and buying things outright is VERY expensive. It's much cheaper to build stuff and buy somewhere to put it. It's also just hard to know what's good or not at the beginning, or if you're even going to like it. There are many good weapons I just don't enjoy using (Lanka I'm looking at you.)

I awhile back an RPS writer was trying out the game, bought Inaros to play the game with. Inaros is quite strong but probably terrible for a beginner to start out with! He's so different from everyone else mechanically. He ended up being pretty down on the game if I recall.

I feel like I complete missed a gender select option when I started this up.

You can build and play with all warframes, male or female.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few questions for the initiated:

1) The game matched me with a random without my consent. I was just chilling in my ship and suddenly I'm in a mission with a random player. How do I stop that from happening?
2) Where is the free starter pack? Is that one in the marketplace? When I select it it takes me to the eShop but gives me a software unavailable error. What's up with that?
Change the game to solo mode at the top of the screen