Warframe |Nintendo Switch OT| Ninjas Play Free Anywhere

Oct 26, 2017
So it turns out I got an IST on my Warframe!

And I realize it right after doing the Kubrow tutorial quest, need to find another egg to get a zombie pet :D

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Thank goodness. I love this game on Switch, but fighting with the analog movement issues was such a hassle. Glad they’re addressing this soon.
I've been playing no problem, but it was weird indeed. Thanks to the fast pace I was turning the camera at full blast all the time and not having problems to play thanks to gyro, but it was noticeable that the deadzone was massive.

Oct 27, 2017
Steve has written a followup. The problem is only with hip firing on Switch and the utterly terrible right stick controls while aiming down the scope are as intended. Which tells me not many of them have tried the mastery rank 6 test on joycons.

Oct 25, 2017
Steve has written a followup. The problem is only with hip firing on Switch and the utterly terrible right stick controls while aiming down the scope are as intended. Which tells me not many of them have tried the mastery rank 6 test on joycons.
Well shit, if that's all they're fixing that's a huge bummer. Playing for like 5 minutes on PS4 the other day really illustrated how bad the ADS controls are on the Switch. I've basically stuck with shotguns to try and avoid some of the bullshit that precision weapons have.

Oct 27, 2017
Well shit, if that's all they're fixing that's a huge bummer. Playing for like 5 minutes on PS4 the other day really illustrated how bad the ADS controls are on the Switch. I've basically stuck with shotguns to try and avoid some of the bullshit that precision weapons have.
I've mostly been using Sonicor (For the splash so I don't have to aim as much) and melee weapons as much as possible. I ended up having to switch to the pro controller, tweak the aim controls massively *and* spend hours in the game getting used to it before I could even try to succeed at mastery rank 6. Even then it never felt good. I had no problems with that rank on my PS4. Maybe it would help if the aim assist actually did some assisting :)

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Oh man, Inaros is nasty af so far. I really wanted to try him out, so I rushed the final stage of construction. Maybe a waste of 50 plat, but there ya go. In typical fashion, I've stuck him with some totally new weapons to try out and get some MR. Dual daggers seemed appropriate, especially since I have e a few different stance mods for them. Also built a Hek which is brutal so far. Even though all this stuff is only around lvl 8 or so, it's shredding stuff. I may be using this frame for a long while.
Hek is fine for clearing everything, with the right mods and especially with the covenant one,or well its not really optimal for hunting eidolons but very few types are

Oct 25, 2018

They know and they seem to be working on it.

Btw, dual daggers tend to be a bit "bad" (at least until the melee rework comes). Even then, they are fun to play imo. For newcomers I'd recommend faster weapons, after a while you probably get curious about longswords like the Galatine.

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Twitch Prime weapons, neat.
I was scared since I already had the previous Prime stuff (Trinity) and I claimed the weapon on my account before linking it on my Switch game, so I thought I f*cked up as I read ”you can only claim it on one platform” I assumed it was claimed for PC automatically.

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Wait how do you link prime to the switch version?

Also I forgot how to cast my abilities...lol
Follow these steps.

Do not enter your e-mail and password on the main prompt. Instead login by clicking the red Nintendo Switch button, then enter your credentials when necessary. You should now see a (NSW) prefix attached to your username. From there, you can head to Account Management and link to you Twitch Prime.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Default. What do you use? I have some minor issues otherwise default has been good.
Err, I was trying to job your memory since the Intro/Tutorial segment literally tells you the first thing you use to attack it R + B (or Y/X/A, depends on your starting Warframe I guess).

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Humm I was pressing that Oo, i had a full bar of blue too on the bottom. I wasn't casting though....
Did you migrate from a previous account or start a new file?

If you started fresh, the very first thing they teach you, at least from the opening intro I played, is Holding R + B to do a special attack.

Also your bar has to be fully white before you can do any attacks, not blue.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Well I played a complete mission and it wasn't working. Fresh then migrated.
Yeah, you might have missed the tutorial segment for the propriate console version.

If I'm not mistaken, all spels are designated with R + any of the face buttons. I believe you can also change the button assignments too via menu.

Oct 26, 2017
To Switch owners, hwo is the HD Rumble in this game? Is it supported? The vibrations are alreayd great on DS4. I wonder how good they are with HD Rumble.

Nov 8, 2017
I've tried to play Warframe several times, once on PS4 at launch, and once again on Xbox One X.

Gyro aiming on the switch is a total game-changer. The fact that I can play this amazing title in the car while I'm on my break (tethering) at work is just awesome. This game doesn't even feel like a grind to me, in fact it feels like one of those light-gun shooters at the arcade. Having an absolute blast - Panic Button are awesome developers, and I hope they continue to push the envelope like this in future patches, as well as future releases.

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Loving the game a lot but I’ve come to realise just how many hours I’m gonna have to spend in this game. To get all 57(?) warframes it must take nearly a thousand hours.... I’ve spent nearly 20 hours and am no where near getting my first non-starter warframe :(

Oct 26, 2017
Loving the game a lot but I’ve come to realise just how many hours I’m gonna have to spend in this game. To get all 57(?) warframes it must take nearly a thousand hours.... I’ve spent nearly 20 hours and am no where near getting my first non-starter warframe :(
don't start the game with the "I need all warframes" mindset ( i mean, you can and if you want more power too you. but it will not make you happy).. unlocking all the planets should be your first goal. and then concentrate on warframes that you find interesting.

Jun 10, 2018
It is a looter, but I feel the same kinda. Would make it much more bearable if there was a proper endgame like raiding or good PvP to work toward.

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
It is a looter, but I feel the same kinda. Would make it much more bearable if there was a proper endgame like raiding or good PvP to work toward.
There were raids here. They're gone now. PvP still exists but nobody cares.

The meme answer is that Fashionframe is the endgame. There is a reasonable amount of endgame content now though (sorties, Eidolons and Orbs soon, Elite Samctuary Onslaught, Arbritations).

Oct 26, 2017
After playing with excalibur I am not liking rhino very much. Feels slow and it is a burden to move around. Now building mag (a few hours left ) What other frames would you suggest similar to excalibur ?

Oct 27, 2017
After playing with excalibur I am not liking rhino very much. Feels slow and it is a burden to move around. Now building mag (a few hours left ) What other frames would you suggest similar to excalibur ?
Rhino is just a bit of a tank, are you just looking for plain speed?, Volt has a speed boost, or maybe Zephyr?

As for similar to Excal, er......not sure, but Nezha is a beast.

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
In terms of Offense frames? There are a few frames with an exalted weapon like Excal - Mesa, Ivara, Titania, Valkyr, Wukong. If you want other frames that largely use their abilities for damage - Nidus, Atlas, Khora, and Gara use their first abilities to directly do damage. As for what you can get close to the beginning of the game - Frost may interest you, though he is more defensive.

Rhino is a good tank/cc frame, but don't overlook roar - its a great damage buff to your weapons.

Oct 27, 2017
Mesa's 4 is insane!

TBH, there are a lot of frames that excel at specific roles, you should probably aim to get as many as you can, if not for that, just for mastery rank.

Aug 7, 2018
After 200 hours of grinding on Switch, I finally have a Mag Prime and Orthos Prime being built in the foundry.

Trying to get a Lith M2 (and then get it to drop the rarest bp) was nearly impossible in my runs. It just never dropped.

Praise the video game gods.

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm having a lot of fun with Inaros, I had to give up on daggers, at least for now. They feel super weak when you aren't throwing pocket sand at everything and since I'm leveling them still they don't really cut it on content I actually need to do. Maybe once I have that crazy mod that like doubles sneak attack damage or w/e I'll come back to them. For now I guess it's Galatine again.

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first complete console hardlock with Warframe. Was just happily reading the hotfix notes on the bridge and suddenly, blammo, black screen with "Switch needs to reboot, please to be pressings power button for 12 seconds now". The irony of crashing my switch by reading patch notes is not lost to me.
Also finally got all Rhino blueprints. Didn't really farm for them consciously, mind, it just somehow happened. Currently rocking Trinity Prime from twitch though (So many dangly bits!), so I'm in no rush to actually build it. Not like I have the resources anyway. Plus, I bought Khora as per the recommendation (Thanks!)... poor Rhino is gonna have to wait.

The first mission with the wings was confusing as fuck. Not the evading the beam part, that one was somewhat straightforward (although I managed to eat one and die literally 25 meters from the last extraction point - I can make it I can make it I can.... NOPE - more like what the buttons did and how to efficiently battle and move around and ... and quite possibly everything else. I will never get DE's fascination with throwing their players off an artificial cliff.

Also sold my first artefact statue thingamadingdong with shiny bits inserted and whatnot. Proper looked at the wiki, but honestly, I'm not planning to do this again any time soon. Don't have any further statues anyway. Obligatory: Yay, no more Endo shortage for now! However, this has led to me now being desperately short on credits. It's always one thing or the other with this game, isn't it? ;D
Botched the weekly statue mission though. I was hugely underleveled but somehow still got through to the platforming bit, then apparently misread some clues and hopped onto a platform I wasn't supposed to or something, honestly I don't really know, I just know I got kicked to the mission failure screen. Which frankly is a bummer after maybe 10 minutes of toiling away at the mission. Maybe I didn't notice a timer or something. Still, waste of precious and scarce gaming time. I'm not reattempting that until after watching a few youtube vids on proper platforming manners. And/Or the mission type in general.