• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Switch off motion blur definitely helps the game looks less soft in handheld. Not as fluid, but the game has always had an overdone motion blur implementation that I just don't like.

Went w/ Mag since I started w/ Excalibur on Xbox. Don't see anyway to link this to my DE account. Feels like battery drain on this game will be more Diablo and less Pokemon Let's Go.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man, that is a robust options menu. Turned down almost all of the graphical flourishes after being disappointed with initial performance and visuals in handheld mode. If I'm playing on the go, I don't mind missing out on all the particles. It feels so much better when you turn them off.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
Ive got a few bonuses unclaimed from Twitch Prime. Do these works on Nintendo or do I need a PC account to migrate over?

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the only thing I'd like in the menu is a slider for the motion blur. I want SOME blur, but not as much as you get when you turn it on.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Ive got a few bonuses unclaimed from Twitch Prime. Do these works on Nintendo or do I need a PC account to migrate over?

You would have to have a Warframe account to claim them through twitch. So I guess if your only account is the Switch account, you could log in with that and link the switch to your twitch prime, then claim the prime pack for it to be applied to the switch account.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
So I need some clarification on the migration thing:

It copies your account to Switch right? Does that mean that my PC account will still exist as is, just divergent at the point it was migrated?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably been said already but make sure your twitch account is linked to your Nintendo one if you're going to be playing mostly on their to get the free drops if you have Prime.

Plus watching things like the Dev Streams gives you a chance to get free stuff.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody figure out voice chat yet? Not working between me and a friend. Unsure how to turn it on

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I claimed some Twitch Prime gear a while ago after linking Twitch to my Warframe account. I never actually played the game though, and I've just transferred my PC account over.
Can I still get the Twich gear on Switch? Where is it?

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Anybody figure out voice chat yet? Not working between me and a friend. Unsure how to turn it on

Direct headset connection to the switch, then there's a setting to turn it on in the Sounds menu I believe.

also apparently everything will transfer, even unreleased stuff. When you go to link your account, this line appears:

Any items on PC that are not currently available on Nintendo Switch will appear when the Nintendo Switch is updated.

So I'm updating the OP to reflect that. Big news!

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Switch's Wi-Fi coverage really is fucking terrible. Had to move it next to the dock to get 1h30 remaining time. In the living room predicted remaining time jumped from 20h to 40h, Jesus Christ.

Mjdrama

Oct 27, 2017
I think this looks a lot better than previous Panic button efforts, but still early on.

Played through both Wolf 2 and Doom and resolution was pretty rough on them. Very happy with graphics options in this one, turned everything low/off and still looks lovely.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have this downloading at home, I cant wait to dig in and see what its all about

nikatapi

Jan 11, 2018
Plays pretty great from what i've played, pretty impressive technically, i haven't experimented a lot with dialing the effects back

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch's Wi-Fi coverage really is fucking terrible. Had to move it next to the dock to get 1h30 remaining time. In the living room predicted remaining time jumped from 20h to 40h, Jesus Christ.
Uh... you know the WIFI is built into the system itself, not the dock... you would mean moving closer to your WIFI router
This isn't the Wii-U gamepad

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This is pretty impressive stuff...

Feels a little unreal that it is running on a handheld system....

I have a feeling I'm going to play this game a lot....

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably been said already but make sure your twitch account is linked to your Nintendo one if you're going to be playing mostly on their to get the free drops if you have Prime.

Plus watching things like the Dev Streams gives you a chance to get free stuff.

How do you link your Twitch account to your Nintendo account? Do you mean your Nintendo WarFrame account?

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Started the download right before work, grabbed my Switch and by lunchtime free Wi-Fi had it downloaded. Jumping in now.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Odd that it asks you what account you want to log in with? I just used the first option, which I think is the Nintendo account (although the 2nd option is too!).

Oct 25, 2017
You get the starter pack after beating the tutorial (Vor) and opening that up. Pretty neat seeing Cetus on the Switch, swarming with players. Couple matches with children being offensive little shits, though. Ah, toxic lil bastards.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the PC account migration, considering it says a copy, I assume it'll also keep blueprints and progress in the foundry? I have stuff crafting, wouldn't want to lose them in the transfer when I go through with it. :P

Also that starter pack, can you grab it even if you copy your account from PC?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I see some people mentioning the free starter pack for beating the tutorial phase. Is that the same starter pack that's $19.99 on the marketplace, or something different?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm gonna go against the flow here: the game runs ok and the visual identity is preserved despite the relatively low resolution, but I do not find the port to be miraculous either; my Dell XPS actually runs it slightly better if I recall. The port is serviceable for sure, good probably, incredible, certainly not. I feel that panic button being one of the few studio to have the guts to port ambitious games on switch makes them slightly overrated.
Nevertheless, the switch is going to become as expected my Warframe machine, because portability plus gyro aiming (it plays great by the way) is too good to pass on.