• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Banner_Header.png

hey, you should read this op, it's got a bunch of good information and stuff that might answer your questions about the game

Developer: Digital Extremes; Panic Button (Switch Port)
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch
Price: Free to Play
Genre: Third Person Shooter, Loot-based.
# of Players: Up to 4 player squads.

what_is.png

Warframe is a Free-To-Play, third person, sci-fi shooter. Since its launch in March 2013, the game has been under continuous development, with 20 major content updates and numerous smaller updates since release. All free.

Warframe is a third person, objective-based, loot driven shooter. Players collect materials and weapon upgrades (called "Mods") as they complete missions and progress through a map of the solar system. Players may harness the powers of their Warframe and weapons in order to clear hordes of enemies in the PvE maps, or against each other in the specialized PvP mode. Players also have access to public spaces known as Relays where they may interact with each other, trade, or practice their skills.

Warframe's Mod system allows for players to customize the various aspects of their equipment, which comes with 8-10 slots for the card-like mods that can be upgraded as the player progresses through the game. Character mods include things like enhanced health, damage resistances, and ability modifications. Weapon mods are typically focused on damage types, but can also include silent firing, magazine changes, and unique effects during battle.

The Nintendo Switch version of the game is fully featured, running in line with the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of the game and optimized for on-the-go ninjaing. Players will be able to make use of gyro aiming and any controller setup with two joysticks. Voice chat is supported by connecting your headset directly to the Switch and enabling the settings in the game. Warframe does not require a Nintendo Online account to play!

Pick it up today in the E-Shop!

links.png
Warframe Forums.
Warframe Wiki. This is an extremely useful, detailed, and maintained wiki, and is even used by the developers for quickly referencing details. Unfortunately it's a Wikia page, so go in with your adblockers on high alert.
r/Warframe's Exhaustive Beginner Guide. Also good for returning players.
DapperMuffin's Warframe Handbook (Google Docs). Covers everything you'll need to know, top to bottom. Reading the introduction is recommended for new players.
Warframe Hub For all your Warframe World status checking needs.
Tenno Tools another great world status checker

Nintendo Switch FAQs
PC Account Migration Overview
Additional Migration details

Nintendo Switch Alerts

6NmzNHT.png

Ayatan Ranch, Era's Clan:
The clan is fully up and operational! If you'd like to join, please PM me you IGN exactly as it appears in game and I'll get you recruited as soon as possible. Remember to build your Clan Key in the Foundry once you get the invite.

Check out our Discord! New users will need to post in the recruiting channel first. Make sure to mention you're a Switch player (for the sake of our role management).

Playing on the PS4 and looking for a clan invite? Head over to the PS4 OT!

Switch Specific Details

How does the Account Migration work?
First, you'll need a PC account, download Warframe on the Switch, and create an account on the Switch version. Accept the prompt that appears when you first launch the game authorizing account linking. Go to the main Warframe website and log in to your PC account, then go to Account Management. At the bottom of the page, click "Migrate PC Account to Nintendo Switch." Read all the details carefully, enter your password twice to confirm. You will then be redirected to the Nintendo sign-in page, where you will sign in with the details of your Nintendo Account that you first created after downloading the game(in other words, the account you are copying to).

What does Account Migration do?
Account Migration duplicates the progress you've made in the PC version of the game to the Switch version. After this point, the accounts are divergent. There is no cross-progress system and there likely never will be. There is no console-to-console migration, just PC to Switch. Platinum, the game's premium currency, will not transfer in this process. This is a one-time copy, but I can't seem to find where the cutoff date is. I'll update as soon as I figure that out.

A VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL: The Nintendo Switch version of the game is at 23.5.0, Mask of the Revenant. As such, anything released after that point won't be available for use immediately. To quote the page where you link your account, "Any items on PC that are not currently available on Nintendo Switch will appear when the Nintendo Switch is updated."

Clanmate VandalD has observed that his Kitguns, the customizable weapons in Fortuna, are still in his inventory for some reason and don't work exactly right. So maybe don't use those just yet.

How big is the download?
Roughly 12 gigabytes. Your download speed will vary according to your connection speed and how well the servers hold up to everyone grabbing this on release day.

What's a clan even do?
Outside of giving a group chat for players, Clans are used in game as a combination of personalizing a hangout place for Tenno and some gameplay-specific details. There are some weapons, equipment, and Warframes that can only be gotten through being part of a clan. Since we have to start from scratch, this will take some contribution of resources and credits from clan members to get things rolling as quickly as possible.

New players get 50 free Platinum to use, what should I buy?
The best thing to buy is a warframe slot (20p) and two purchases of weapon slots (12p each, each purchases comes with 2 weapon slots, so you're getting 4 slots for 24p altogether). Having a bigger inventory is always a good investment, especially since the free starter pack includes some of the other important items.

I'll add more here as I see it appear in the thread, but these two points have been the most common questions raised in discussion of the Switch version of the game.​

Last edited:

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading as soon as i get home. Will be migrating my PC account. So i would love to help any new players.

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Shame about no cross-save. Who knows maybe when all the versions are synced then they will bother investing in cross-save and down the line cross-play if successful.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, time to dive in again, thanks for the OT.
I played a bit on PC to prepare myself, so I have much to learn still, still haven't crafted a warframe for example.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did this actually go up on the eShop finally? Wasn't up at 12am ET, 4am ET, 6am ET or 9am ET last I checked.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I envy those with proper download speeds.

*waits patiently*

85%. 12G, I had to delete some games sadly ! I really need another SD card
Resident Evil Revelations 2 went poof. I can't have that game take up more than third of my 64GB SD card, like damn. I'll upgrade to something 200GB+ later in the future but 23GB is just ridiculous.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If I have loads of Plat in my PC account from some price error last year but have only played an hour, what should I get on my account before transferring across?

Have it downloading to my switch currently and looking forward to giving it a proper go

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Playing for an hour so far and after PC migration, the game seems fine. The controls feel off to me though, it seems there's some input lag. Still testing control sensitivity. The UI needs some tweaks since adjusting the interface with the pointer sucks.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I envy those with proper download speeds.

*waits patiently*

Resident Evil Revelations 2 went poof. I can't have that game take up more than third of my 64GB SD card, like damn. I'll upgrade to something 200GB+ later in the future but 23GB is just ridiculous.

Now is the time, I think I've seen pretty sick deals on those cards this black friday week.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
If I have loads of Plat in my PC account from some price error last year but have only played an hour, what should I get on my account before transferring across?

Have it downloading to my switch currently and looking forward to giving it a proper go
Plat doesn't transfer as far as I'm aware, so if you have no interest in playing on PC anymore, use it all up before you transfer.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are other online F2P games on switch pretty well populated? I want to start over, but I'm a bit worried about investing a bunch of time if the playerbase isn't there. It really makes me wish cross progression was possible.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to decide if I should transfer from PC. I've played only like 25 hours on PC or something, but I made the account in 2013 and I started with Loki, which from what I understand is no longer a starter choice. I also already have Excalibur and someone else as well.

Do we get the Switch starter pack if we migrate?

How hard is it to play with my complete beginner wife if I migrate? I can just join her party and let her pick missions right?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are other online F2P games on switch pretty well populated? I want to start over, but I'm a bit worried about investing a bunch of time if the playerbase isn't there. It really makes me wish cross progression was possible.

It's Warframe, there will always be a ton of people playing this don't worry. We're not talking about some niche MMO game here.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
transferred my character and now i have no clue what to do or where to go.. haven't touch this game in years.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Played the first mission. Resolution and framerate felt a bit rough. Can't imagine how things will go when shit is going down.

Really enjoyed the gameplay though. Bow + sword and ninja movement? Count me in.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches

You'll get to copy your account once so at least it isn't starting from absolute zero progress. The console playerbase is pretty solid and the Switch is immensely popular so I can't imagine why Warframe wouldn't have people playing.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Warframe, there will always be a ton of people playing this don't worry. We're not talking about some niche MMO game here.
You'll get to copy your account once so at least it isn't starting from absolute zero progress. The console playerbase is pretty solid and the Switch is immensely popular so I can't imagine why Warframe wouldn't have people playing.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but figured I'd ask anyway. I had 40 hours on PC, but kind of want to start over since I don't really remember anything anyway.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading on Switch now, tried it out on PS4 when they announced it for Switch and it seemed a bit overwhelming.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would improve enemy variety. Haven't played in ages and doesn't look like much has changed as far as that goes

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I have started it, probably made the wrong choice going Mag first, everything is massively overwhelming and if i am matched with other players they just rattle through the mission before I have even picked anything up haha

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Is this a fun single player experience, or do you need to do co-op/join a clan to fully enjoy it?

Multiplayer helps if you're having trouble with a particular mission and I'd say starting out it's probably better to have other people helping you, but I've soloed a ton of the game since for a period of time I just had terrible internet that couldn't handle playing with other people. You will likely want to join the clan once it gets running because, as I said at the bottom of the OT, there's some specific things locked to belonging to a clan.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have started it, probably made the wrong choice going Mag first, everything is massively overwhelming and if i am matched with other players they just rattle through the mission before I have even picked anything up haha

If it helps any, that's basically the default new player experience.

Best thing you can do when you start out is practice movement. When moving, crouch to slide, then jump (or double jump) while sliding and you'll "bullet jump" through the air. That's how other players are moving through the level so fast, they're just constantly slide, jump, jump, slide through the whole level.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a fun single player experience, or do you need to do co-op/join a clan to fully enjoy it?

Some things, like defense and the post captures can be a bit rough solo, a vast majority of the game can be done solo. And a lot of quests are even designed for solo progression.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I turned on motion aiming playing handheld, and it vastly improved my aim. I kicked up the sensitivity just a hair and now I'm loving the gunplay.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How long will the account migration last as I don't yet have a switch? Could I just make a PC account and play that, then copy it over when I have a switch?