• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine you mean Kela de Thaam? She is a rough boss fight, but drops some nice mods at least.

I'm actually not sure...it's the final step of the quest The New Stange where you have to defend against 5 waves and then synthesize the enemy Warframe. Almost finished it solo after I posted but still failed. Got a few tries with a random and failed those too. Finishing it is a prerequisite for a few things I believe, so I kind of have to tough it out.

Side note, for a while I was feeling pretty powerful, but now I feel super anemic. Only Exaclibur's 4th ability is still pulling it's weight in terms of raw damage. Radial blind is good too but I can clear more of the waves with the sword thing. I've spend most of the day working on additional weapons and boosting mods too, but I feel like I may have over extended.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not sure...it's the final step of the quest The New Stange where you have to defend against 5 waves and then synthesize the enemy Warframe. Almost finished it solo after I posted but still failed. Got a few tries with a random and failed those too. Finishing it is a prerequisite for a few things I believe, so I kind of have to tough it out.

Side note, for a while I was feeling pretty powerful, but now I feel super anemic. Only Exaclibur's 4th ability is still pulling it's weight in terms of raw damage. Radial blind is good too but I can clear more of the waves with the sword thing. I've spend most of the day working on additional weapons and boosting mods too, but I feel like I may have over extended.
I just finished that one. Assuming it will let me, I'll join you for an attempt. I assume the difficulty scales with more people so maybe it would be harder with two than solo, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: My in-game name is Dineren if you want to add me. No mic hooked up atm.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand

nvm I thought you were refering to one of the bossfights for the parts to make Chroma.

Exalted blade is a very good weapon though. Mods make a good difference by the way, so it's good that you are ranking them.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
So... I have to completely transfer the PC data to the Switch version and can't bring it back. I don't think I can do that in good conscience.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
First time I played a "capture and hold the area" type mission and it is impossible with solo. Game should tell us about this at least "suggested for multiplayer"

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got a chance to play this on my recently purchased Switch. How the hell is this running on here?? Sure there's some texture problems and pop in, but I thought this looked impressive for the ps4 back in the day. The game got drowned out by other shooter games on the ps4, so I miiight just give the game another shot on the Switch

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, the Jackal is such a bitch. I don't understand how I defeated him solo on my first try and now I tried twice with a random player and didn't manage to defeated him. I kept shooting his legs but he just wouldn't go down. Does the HP increase with multiple players?

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
But I read that you can't transfer it back to PC.
It creates a copy of your PC account on the switch, so after copying over your account you have exactly the same stuff on the Switch as on the PC, and you can play on either one separately (i.e. after you copy your account, anything you do on PC doesn't affect your switch account, and vice versa)

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
It creates a copy of your PC account on the switch, so after copying over your account you have exactly the same stuff on the Switch as on the PC, and you can play on either one separately (i.e. after you copy your account, anything you do on PC doesn't affect your switch account, and vice versa)

So does that still mean I can't copy my updated Switch data back over to PC?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded this on my Switch, just to check it out. It's an impressive port. The resolution is pretty terrible though. Everything is quite blurry on a big TV in docked mode. Turning off motion blur definitely helps with that in motion at least. I also wish there was a setting to mess with the deadzone on the right analog stick. It feels like I have to push the stick way too far before it starts adjusting my aim on the pro controller.

Still, not a bad port at all. I went back to the PS4 Pro version though and it's hard to justify playing on Switch when I have the option. The resolution and the framerate are much easier on the eyes and I don't have the same issue with the deadzone on the dualshock 4. I didn't try out portable mode on the Switch though, and I imagine that's a good selling point for people that travel a lot. It might even look a lot sharper on a smaller screen.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
First time I played a "capture and hold the area" type mission and it is impossible with solo. Game should tell us about this at least "suggested for multiplayer"
Interception's actually scaled for player count. Solo you capture points way faster and there's fewer enemies. It just takes some getting used to. The main things that's not conveyed well is that enemies don't capture points the same way you do, they do it by using one of two terminals at each point and can steal points that you're standing on if they're allowed to finish using them. It sounds a klaxon if an enemy is trying to capture a point you're close to, and on the minimap the point's icon will flash.
It might even look a lot sharper on a smaller screen.
It does look sharper in handheld because 720 is its native resolution.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like turning off the motion blur makes it not feel smooth anymore.
The motion blur wasn't of the highest quality from what I could tell. Combined with the resolution, the game looked like a blurry mess whenever I made big camera movements. I was sitting pretty close to my TV though, and I didn't try handheld mode.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That's a great way to go about it. The weapons that required other weapons to build gave me a lot of trouble when I was just starting.

A friend of mine spent a day with a resource booster to get all of the materials from Fortuna, where I must've spent a week and a half. The difference was that he had a list of what he needed. Having a list makes it so much easier to focus and not get bogged down.
Because the game is relatively aimless outside of the planet order and big missions, I found it extremely necessary to set up a bunch of attainable goals to not find myself with analysis paralysis and just doing nothing at all. I believe that's why I previously fell off the game.

Frankly, considering how so many goals are material within the game, I bet DE could get better player retention early on if there was a sort of a "pin" system for frames/weapons/etc that let you track your progress towards certain recipes, especially if it cascaded and could be customized like where you need weapons for other weapons and could say "I wanna max this first". It would help give players direction because as evidenced here, sometimes when everyone is just flying past you it can feel like you're wasting your time.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo I already got my exalted blade (it's exclusive to the Excalibur warframe right?) to max level, should I go ahead and bring it back to level 1 for the extra polarity?

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Same here. From what I understand, the main quests are in the Navigation pane when you hit R (the icon highlighted should look like...one of those Taxon things/ an X-like object). It involveds completing many of the missions on the planet, and then fighting the boss at the node. Then usually a new story quest will present itself.

I just got my Archwing. I love those space combat segments a whole lot!
I really like the archwing too. But damn the fanbase hates it :D

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I downloaded this on my Switch, just to check it out. It's an impressive port. The resolution is pretty terrible though. Everything is quite blurry on a big TV in docked mode. Turning off motion blur definitely helps with that in motion at least. I also wish there was a setting to mess with the deadzone on the right analog stick. It feels like I have to push the stick way too far before it starts adjusting my aim on the pro controller.

Still, not a bad port at all. I went back to the PS4 Pro version though and it's hard to justify playing on Switch when I have the option. The resolution and the framerate are much easier on the eyes and I don't have the same issue with the deadzone on the dualshock 4. I didn't try out portable mode on the Switch though, and I imagine that's a good selling point for people that travel a lot. It might even look a lot sharper on a smaller screen.
The game uses a dynamic resolution that tops at 720p, but it could top at a higher res. In portable mode it runs at 720p a lot of the time, with no worse framerate. So basically in docked mode it's mostly as if it didn't have a dynamic resolution.
I don't care between the two modes because all my tiny living room can fit is a 32 inch lol. Perhaps a 40 inch now that they have small bezels, but even that would be a stretch. Makes low resolutions much more bearable.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

DE already announced QOL patches for the deadzone on the sticks and further optimisation

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
What are you supposed to do on the Alert: Interception missions?

I get you are supposed to capture the towers but as soon as I do I just get bum rushed by guys and lose it straight away.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are you supposed to do on the Alert: Interception missions?

I get you are supposed to capture the towers but as soon as I do I just get bum rushed by guys and lose it straight away.
Depends on the level of the content, your frame and your build really, especially solo.

As for losing it straight away, look for the enemies hacking the nearby console, it takes them a few seconds to hack it, so as long as you kill them before they hack it, you won't lose it.

The game might not tell you, but the wiki has everything you need to tackle anything https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Interception

Failing that, play it co-op.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

I actually do not believe that this port is, in its current state, as impressive as some make it to be. The game runs better on my integrated GPU laptop, which isn't the case for other games I compared before. In a sense, it reminds me of the port of Rocket league, which was quite underwhelming at release yet received many praises. Then, 4 months later, Psyonix took the matter into their own hands for a much much better result.
Wolfenstein is a better port in my opinion but I also believe that, in the wasteland of AAA third party support on Switch, Panic Button is slightly overrated. Wait, not slightly. Definitely. Serviceable seem more appropriate than the "Wizards" being thrown around. Iron galaxy impresses me more in that regard.

Last edited:

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so relieved I'm not alone not understanding this type of mission :)
You should never do interception alone unless you absolutely have to because the main skill it tests is your ability to be in 4 places at once. Even as a vet who can do it alone, doing so is a tedious pain in the ass.

Luckily the option to set matchmaking to public is always there. ;)

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that. The issues with the sticks are my biggest gripe by far and really holding back my enjoyment. Glad to know it'll get a bit better
Gyro aiming really sells this game, along with the ninja movement.

Game takes a hit when encountering heavy hoards but Panic Button seems to know how to really optimize the game for performance so I trust the next patches willl address all the other issues.

BTW, for those people who couldn't seem to retrieve their Twitch Prime gear on their Switch (even after migration), how's how to do it:

• Log out from Warframe's website. Just click this link to simplify things.
  • Now when it asks you to log back in, DO NOT log in just yet: INSTEAD of signing in with your e-mail and password, click the red Nintendo Switch button to sign in using your Nintendo Account. Enter any credentials if you have to.
  • You will now notice that your username moniquer has the "(NSW)" prefix attached to it.
  • Now under your user account settings, you'll see the Twitch sync option on the bottom of the page. Click on it and sign in to Twitch if needed be.
  • You should now have your Twitch Prime gear and weapons migrated the next time you sign in!

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Soooo I already got my exalted blade (it's exclusive to the Excalibur warframe right?) to max level, should I go ahead and bring it back to level 1 for the extra polarity?
If you really enjoyed it, sure. On the other hand, you need forma for a few things and may find warframes that you enjoy more where the forma is also useful.

The exalted blade is exclusive to Excalibur. I believe using an orokin reactor on Excalibur will also increase the capacity of the exalted blade.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
On my Switch game I'll be doing mastery rank 5 later. Does anyone know if you can still use cyphers for that one?

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
If you really enjoyed it, sure. On the other hand, you need forma for a few things and may find warframes that you enjoy more where the forma is also useful.

The exalted blade is exclusive to Excalibur. I believe using an orokin reactor on Excalibur will also increase the capacity of the exalted blade.
I only recently understood I had to use the frame's special to use it haha. I'll hold on to my Forma for a while and start using it more to see if I want to "reset it".

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I only recently understood I had to use the frame's special to use it haha. I'll hold on to my Forma for a while and start using it more to see if I want to "reset it".
Using forma is a thing I'd recommend doing later - aside from needing the forma, the higher mod slots from higher mastery makes it far easier. Forma at mastery 26 (where I'm at on PC) barely changes my equipped mods. And since forma'd weapons don't give mastery, I'd advise to level new things.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For those who have been playing Warframe a long time, I'm curious. Do you keep all the warframes you build and keep buying slots or do you get rid of them as you build new ones?

Even after the free 100 plat I'm going to run out of warframe slots soon and I really don't like the idea of getting rid of any of them.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
For those who have been playing Warframe a long time, I'm curious. Do you keep all the warframes you build and keep buying slots or do you get rid of them as you build new ones?

Even after the free 100 plat I'm going to run out of warframe slots soon and I really don't like the idea of getting rid of any of them.

I purchased more slots when I got a good platinum discount as my daily reward. F2p and I've put so much time in I had no issue throwing a few dollars there way. Or you can farm prime parts and sell those on the market for plat.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017

Free 100 plat? I only got 50 :P

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I keep them and buy more slots, unless I'm building a prime to replace the regular.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an effective way to farm Forma?

How does one go about acquiring more Platinum? I'm at Novice rank but I still feel I don't know what I'm half doing...

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an effective way to farm Forma?

How does one go about acquiring more Platinum? I'm at Novice rank but I still feel I don't know what I'm half doing...

Forma blueprints are common drops in most of the relics, so you passively farm it along with prime parts as a compensation prize if you don't see parts you want instead. I wouldn't worry about it at your point in the game.

Platinum is either bought, or you can trade items to other players for platinum they themselves have bought or traded for.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So I made a huge mistake last night, playing on PS4. On a more precise controller this game just starts to sing, holy shit. Probably won't jump off the Switch version, but god damn it makes me wish the sticks in the joycon were nicer.

Question though, is there like a training area or something? Somewhere where I can equip and try weapons before investing in blueprints or craft times. Built a few weapons and been disappointed by about half of them so far. Could have saved myself some time and trouble had I been able to test them beforehand.

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Forma blueprints are common drops in most of the relics, so you passively farm it along with prime parts as a compensation prize if you don't see parts you want instead. I wouldn't worry about it at your point in the game.

Platinum is either bought, or you can trade items to other players for platinum they themselves have bought or traded for.
I've tried to sell some blueprints at one point but apparently some are considered common so I wasn't even sure if those were worth selling.

Could I also just buy blueprints from the market and sell them for Platinum? Wish there was a currency converter somehow...

Edit: I just need 1 Platinum to buy something, so I wasn't sure "what sells for how much Plat" in the market.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I've tried to sell some blueprints at one point but apparently some are considered common so I wasn't even sure if those were worth selling.

Could I also just buy blueprints from the market and sell them for Platinum? Wish there was a currency converter somehow...

Edit: I just need 1 Platinum to buy something, so I wasn't sure "what sells for how much Plat" in the market.
Basically you can usually sell something (on PC that is, the Switch market is likely different) that you get from cracking open a relic.

If you really only need 1 plat, just feel free to add me and I can give you a plat, I don't mind. Niceguydan8 is my in game name.