• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed Second Dream, just wow...
I kinda figured what it was all about though, because of a certain Wii U game.

It feels like Xenoblade Chronicle X

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
So it turns out I got an IST on my Warframe!

And I realize it right after doing the Kubrow tutorial quest, need to find another egg to get a zombie pet :D

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Thank goodness. I love this game on Switch, but fighting with the analog movement issues was such a hassle. Glad they're addressing this soon.
I've been playing no problem, but it was weird indeed. Thanks to the fast pace I was turning the camera at full blast all the time and not having problems to play thanks to gyro, but it was noticeable that the deadzone was massive.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Steve has written a followup. The problem is only with hip firing on Switch and the utterly terrible right stick controls while aiming down the scope are as intended. Which tells me not many of them have tried the mastery rank 6 test on joycons.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Steve has written a followup. The problem is only with hip firing on Switch and the utterly terrible right stick controls while aiming down the scope are as intended. Which tells me not many of them have tried the mastery rank 6 test on joycons.

Well shit, if that's all they're fixing that's a huge bummer. Playing for like 5 minutes on PS4 the other day really illustrated how bad the ADS controls are on the Switch. I've basically stuck with shotguns to try and avoid some of the bullshit that precision weapons have.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Well shit, if that's all they're fixing that's a huge bummer. Playing for like 5 minutes on PS4 the other day really illustrated how bad the ADS controls are on the Switch. I've basically stuck with shotguns to try and avoid some of the bullshit that precision weapons have.

I've mostly been using Sonicor (For the splash so I don't have to aim as much) and melee weapons as much as possible. I ended up having to switch to the pro controller, tweak the aim controls massively *and* spend hours in the game getting used to it before I could even try to succeed at mastery rank 6. Even then it never felt good. I had no problems with that rank on my PS4. Maybe it would help if the aim assist actually did some assisting :)

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Game is unplayable now after the hotfix.

Can't log in, terrible graphical anomalies, etc.

Can anyone else play the game?

Last edited:

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Played 15 hours of this game week 1 but recently went back to my Splatoon 2/Wind Jammers dual addiction. Waiting for the patch before I dive back in ^_^

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Oh man, Inaros is nasty af so far. I really wanted to try him out, so I rushed the final stage of construction. Maybe a waste of 50 plat, but there ya go. In typical fashion, I've stuck him with some totally new weapons to try out and get some MR. Dual daggers seemed appropriate, especially since I have e a few different stance mods for them. Also built a Hek which is brutal so far. Even though all this stuff is only around lvl 8 or so, it's shredding stuff. I may be using this frame for a long while.
Hek is fine for clearing everything, with the right mods and especially with the covenant one,or well its not really optimal for hunting eidolons but very few types are

seroun

Oct 25, 2018

They know and they seem to be working on it.

Btw, dual daggers tend to be a bit "bad" (at least until the melee rework comes). Even then, they are fun to play imo. For newcomers I'd recommend faster weapons, after a while you probably get curious about longswords like the Galatine.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Whats the best companion / mag thing? I may spend my starter bucks on one during this sale.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Twitch Prime weapons, neat.
I was scared since I already had the previous Prime stuff (Trinity) and I claimed the weapon on my account before linking it on my Switch game, so I thought I f*cked up as I read "you can only claim it on one platform" I assumed it was claimed for PC automatically.

Last edited:

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just got a set of these - hopefully they help with Warframe and other shooters!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FMCLZ7/

61Zd5kll4uL._SL1024_.jpg

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Wait how do you link prime to the switch version?

Also I forgot how to cast my abilities...lol
Follow these steps.

Do not enter your e-mail and password on the main prompt. Instead login by clicking the red Nintendo Switch button, then enter your credentials when necessary. You should now see a (NSW) prefix attached to your username. From there, you can head to Account Management and link to you Twitch Prime.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Humm I was pressing that Oo, i had a full bar of blue too on the bottom. I wasn't casting though....
Did you migrate from a previous account or start a new file?

If you started fresh, the very first thing they teach you, at least from the opening intro I played, is Holding R + B to do a special attack.

Also your bar has to be fully white before you can do any attacks, not blue.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Well I played a complete mission and it wasn't working. Fresh then migrated.
Yeah, you might have missed the tutorial segment for the propriate console version.

If I'm not mistaken, all spels are designated with R + any of the face buttons. I believe you can also change the button assignments too via menu.

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished farming hydroid and frost. Any idea on what Warframe I should try and go for next?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
To Switch owners, hwo is the HD Rumble in this game? Is it supported? The vibrations are alreayd great on DS4. I wonder how good they are with HD Rumble.

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
I've tried to play Warframe several times, once on PS4 at launch, and once again on Xbox One X.

Gyro aiming on the switch is a total game-changer. The fact that I can play this amazing title in the car while I'm on my break (tethering) at work is just awesome. This game doesn't even feel like a grind to me, in fact it feels like one of those light-gun shooters at the arcade. Having an absolute blast - Panic Button are awesome developers, and I hope they continue to push the envelope like this in future patches, as well as future releases.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Loving the game a lot but I've come to realise just how many hours I'm gonna have to spend in this game. To get all 57(?) warframes it must take nearly a thousand hours.... I've spent nearly 20 hours and am no where near getting my first non-starter warframe :(

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Loving the game a lot but I've come to realise just how many hours I'm gonna have to spend in this game. To get all 57(?) warframes it must take nearly a thousand hours.... I've spent nearly 20 hours and am no where near getting my first non-starter warframe :(
don't start the game with the "I need all warframes" mindset ( i mean, you can and if you want more power too you. but it will not make you happy).. unlocking all the planets should be your first goal. and then concentrate on warframes that you find interesting.

Misterman

Jun 10, 2018
It is a looter, but I feel the same kinda. Would make it much more bearable if there was a proper endgame like raiding or good PvP to work toward.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
It is a looter, but I feel the same kinda. Would make it much more bearable if there was a proper endgame like raiding or good PvP to work toward.
There were raids here. They're gone now. PvP still exists but nobody cares.

The meme answer is that Fashionframe is the endgame. There is a reasonable amount of endgame content now though (sorties, Eidolons and Orbs soon, Elite Samctuary Onslaught, Arbritations).

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
After playing with excalibur I am not liking rhino very much. Feels slow and it is a burden to move around. Now building mag (a few hours left ) What other frames would you suggest similar to excalibur ?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After playing with excalibur I am not liking rhino very much. Feels slow and it is a burden to move around. Now building mag (a few hours left ) What other frames would you suggest similar to excalibur ?
Rhino is just a bit of a tank, are you just looking for plain speed?, Volt has a speed boost, or maybe Zephyr?

As for similar to Excal, er......not sure, but Nezha is a beast.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
In terms of Offense frames? There are a few frames with an exalted weapon like Excal - Mesa, Ivara, Titania, Valkyr, Wukong. If you want other frames that largely use their abilities for damage - Nidus, Atlas, Khora, and Gara use their first abilities to directly do damage. As for what you can get close to the beginning of the game - Frost may interest you, though he is more defensive.

Rhino is a good tank/cc frame, but don't overlook roar - its a great damage buff to your weapons.