• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mesa's 4 is insane!

TBH, there are a lot of frames that excel at specific roles, you should probably aim to get as many as you can, if not for that, just for mastery rank.

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
After 200 hours of grinding on Switch, I finally have a Mag Prime and Orthos Prime being built in the foundry.

Trying to get a Lith M2 (and then get it to drop the rarest bp) was nearly impossible in my runs. It just never dropped.

Praise the video game gods.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm having a lot of fun with Inaros, I had to give up on daggers, at least for now. They feel super weak when you aren't throwing pocket sand at everything and since I'm leveling them still they don't really cut it on content I actually need to do. Maybe once I have that crazy mod that like doubles sneak attack damage or w/e I'll come back to them. For now I guess it's Galatine again.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first complete console hardlock with Warframe. Was just happily reading the hotfix notes on the bridge and suddenly, blammo, black screen with "Switch needs to reboot, please to be pressings power button for 12 seconds now". The irony of crashing my switch by reading patch notes is not lost to me.
Also finally got all Rhino blueprints. Didn't really farm for them consciously, mind, it just somehow happened. Currently rocking Trinity Prime from twitch though (So many dangly bits!), so I'm in no rush to actually build it. Not like I have the resources anyway. Plus, I bought Khora as per the recommendation (Thanks!)... poor Rhino is gonna have to wait.

The first mission with the wings was confusing as fuck. Not the evading the beam part, that one was somewhat straightforward (although I managed to eat one and die literally 25 meters from the last extraction point - I can make it I can make it I can.... NOPE - more like what the buttons did and how to efficiently battle and move around and ... and quite possibly everything else. I will never get DE's fascination with throwing their players off an artificial cliff.

Also sold my first artefact statue thingamadingdong with shiny bits inserted and whatnot. Proper looked at the wiki, but honestly, I'm not planning to do this again any time soon. Don't have any further statues anyway. Obligatory: Yay, no more Endo shortage for now! However, this has led to me now being desperately short on credits. It's always one thing or the other with this game, isn't it? ;D
Botched the weekly statue mission though. I was hugely underleveled but somehow still got through to the platforming bit, then apparently misread some clues and hopped onto a platform I wasn't supposed to or something, honestly I don't really know, I just know I got kicked to the mission failure screen. Which frankly is a bummer after maybe 10 minutes of toiling away at the mission. Maybe I didn't notice a timer or something. Still, waste of precious and scarce gaming time. I'm not reattempting that until after watching a few youtube vids on proper platforming manners. And/Or the mission type in general.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
While I'm having a lot of fun with Inaros, I had to give up on daggers, at least for now. They feel super weak when you aren't throwing pocket sand at everything and since I'm leveling them still they don't really cut it on content I actually need to do. Maybe once I have that crazy mod that like doubles sneak attack damage or w/e I'll come back to them. For now I guess it's Galatine again.
Until Melee 3.0, weapons with range are King. The sole exception is daggers once you've got the covert lethality mod. You one hit anything you can do a finisher on. It's considerably more than double damage. I think you can pick up the mod as a reward for spy missions, so you could get it while grinding for Ivara who also drops in spy missions.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Until Melee 3.0, weapons with range are King. The sole exception is daggers once you've got the covert lethality mod. You one hit anything you can do a finisher on. It's considerably more than double damage. I think you can pick up the mod as a reward for spy missions, so you could get it while grinding for Ivara who also drops in spy missions.

Good to know. I did want to try and get that mod, but had no idea where it came from. Galatine is really nice, I was just looking to mix it up more. So far it's the only great weapon that I've really liked.

Would folks here have any other fun/interesting melee weapons to build or try. Also would take suggestions on secondaries, which is by far my least used weapon slot.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017

What ate some good melee weapons to try?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
What ate some good melee weapons to try?

Like Juraash has discovered, the Galatine is quite good. I really liked it when I first got it, and I love all of its stances. There's also the Guandao (from the Tenno lab in the dojo) which available at low MR, making it an easy recommend. The Orthos Prime, Redeemer/ the other gunblade, Mios, Atterax, and Jat Kittag round out some of the better (easily obtainable) melee weapons. If you can deal with the lack of range, The Venka, Destreza, and Nikanas are fun weapons (claws, a rapier, katanas). I'd also recommend trying out a sword and shield as well just to see if you like them. If you like a weapon that's usually enough reason to keep using it.

Range is only a problem because of the disparity between weapons. Reach is a +% mod so short weapons shat short but long weapons get longer. A polearm can do more or less the same damage and hit multiple enemies, while a sword has nothing going for it. In a game like Warframe this makes the longer melee weapons far better because you can kill a lot of enemies in a single swing, or you could use a single sword and kill one. Dual daggers, Machetes, sparring and fist weapons are largely garbage because they don't make up for their lack of range.

Some melee stances have additional effects that make them better such as Cyclone Kraken giving a damage multiplier, but even then this info isn't communicated in game.

Oh, there are also Zaws, which end up the best weapon of most of their categories if you build them right. But those take some time to grind through Cetus and they still have the same problems of range.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
So I got a 75% discount with the daily bonus and want to get a Warframe with some platinum. Any recommendations?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Ditto for Khora.

The hardest to grind, needs at least 5 forma and 2 decently ranked Umbral mods to be decent. But worth it.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I did want to try and get that mod, but had no idea where it came from. Galatine is really nice, I was just looking to mix it up more. So far it's the only great weapon that I've really liked.

Would folks here have any other fun/interesting melee weapons to build or try. Also would take suggestions on secondaries, which is by far my least used weapon slot.
I am absolutely loving Gram with Tempo Royale, I also picked up and Orthos to use with weeping something, looks super cool.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
I've unlocked Mars and also unlocking most of Mercury. Just built my Archwing (it's alright, gotta try it some more). But now I've maxed out my starter frame, Volt. Should I go farm for a new frame? Kinda lost on where to go now. Should I use the item that doubles mod slots or wait for something else to use it? I feel like I don't even know where to get it or if farming it would be a pain or not.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I've unlocked Mars and also unlocking most of Mercury. Just built my Archwing (it's alright, gotta try it some more). But now I've maxed out my starter frame, Volt. Should I go farm for a new frame? Kinda lost on where to go now. Should I use the item that doubles mod slots or wait for something else to use it? I feel like I don't even know where to get it or if farming it would be a pain or not.
I'd say farming for a new frame is a good idea. The item that doubles your capacity - an Orokin Reactor - is uncommon enough that I'd suggest saving it for a frame that you really like or are going to use alot. You'll get more but slowly and you can use them on warframes, sentinels, pets, and archwings so you may wish to save it.

The bosses of all planets except Mercury drop Warframe pieces (Neuroptics, Chassis and Systems) and systems are purchasable from the market. Other warframes drop from the open world bounties, or are purchasable from the clan dojo. When you get to the assassinate mission of a planet, farm the boss for warframe parts before you move on unless you feel like you'd rather come back to it.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Any tips on what alerts are best for the app? I just turned it on and my phone went ham. I should probably disable credits alert since almost every alert gives that.

Also, 50 hours in, the game really starts to roll the more knowledge I have. Actually upgrading (noob) mods, knowing how to farm for materials. Wanting something, setting it as a goal and slowly inching closer and closer towards that goal. Feels good man.

I am considering getting the 170 platinum from the eShop just for the slots though. I don't see any incoming plat anytime soon and I'm running out of mk1 gear to sell off to save slots (and I don't want to stop mastery progression).

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
According to the devstream there's a bug from 2008 (Same code as Dark Sector) that adds a filter to the controller code adding 100ms of lag. It exists in all platforms when using the controller.

I'm very glad they found the problem.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
According to the devstream there's a bug from 2008 (Same code as Dark Sector) that adds a filter to the controller code adding 100ms of lag. It exists in all platforms when using the controller.

and they showed a comparison.

Holy hell you can really see the fix in the slow mo. amazing.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

Steve was working on it until midnight last night when he tweeted this. People can love the game or hate the game but no one can deny this guys passion on making video games and his love for his warframe baby...

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
that controller code update is very welcome. i tend to just snap the analog sticks and then aim/strafe for more precise shots. this looks like we'll be able to finesse the movements.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Okay the hacking mastery rank up sucks on switch.

Mainly the one with rotate and match the lines. I have to hold the direction then whole holding rotate. I am not good at this and failed twice already with having to wait 24 hours lol...

(Also mobile typing freaking sucks on this forum. Delete doesn't get rid of entire word if wrong word happened. Select acts as select all too).

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Mainly the one with rotate and match the lines. I have to hold the direction then whole holding rotate. I am not good at this and failed twice already with having to wait 24 hours lol...

(Also mobile typing freaking sucks on this forum. Delete doesn't get rid of entire word if wrong word happened. Select acts as select all too).
You can use ciphers during that test to instantly bypass a terminal

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

You can practice the test in relay before you actually take the test. Two separate buttons controls the spin in clockwise and counter clockwise direction.

Pro Tip for Corpus console:
  1. spin outside tiles to snap, start with 3 prong tile first.
  2. mad spin center tile.
watch from 0~4 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1s2yznUP4

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
You can practice the test in relay before you actually take the test. Two separate buttons controls the spin in clockwise and counter clockwise direction.

Pro Tip for Corpus console:
  1. spin outside tiles to snap, start with 3 prong tile first.
  2. mad spin center tile.
watch from 0~4 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1s2yznUP4

Yea I passed it easily on PC so this is embarrassing lol. I don't even know what was happening when I started it in PC heh...

How many ciphers can you hold? I got 24 hours till next try.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried and tried, but I can't. I find Warframe on switch unplayable. I just cannot aim to save my life. At least it made me interested in the game again and redownloaded it on PC. I don't know what it is with this game, I can play 30fps console shooters like Destiny fine but Warframe has this crazy input lag for me making it impossible to aim anything but awkwardly going for center mass.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I've tried and tried, but I can't. I find Warframe on switch unplayable. I just cannot aim to save my life. At least it made me interested in the game again and redownloaded it on PC. I don't know what it is with this game, I can play 30fps console shooters like Destiny fine but Warframe has this crazy input lag for me making it impossible to aim anything but awkwardly going for center mass.

I rarely use controllers for anything shooting but some odd reason my accuracy is way higher on the switch.

I did turn on gyro aiming assist lol..it really helps for the small precise movements.

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I also find it much easier to aim on switch due to gyro. When I play on PS4 I find myself moving the controller trying to gyro-aim :p I'd love if they added it to PS4.

Also, I just wanted to say this game is fucking awesome.
This has to be one of the most satisfying 3rd person shooters I've played. It's super fast but super relaxing at the same time. Cutting all those enemies in half or destroying their faces with a shotgun never gets old.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
gyro aiming is amazing. i'm more accurate on switch as well, makes me wish this feature was available on xbox.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Alrighty Nintenno, today's the big day! We've got just about everything done to the point that I've upgraded the clan to Storm, which means we can hold 100 people. If you've been patiently playing along while we worked on this, I thank you very much and ask that you PM me you IGN exactly as it appears in game. I'll get you added as quick as I can, although if you're like me right now Smash has totally absorbed all of your Switch's battery life.

Note you'll also have to build a clan key in the foundry once you've accepted the invite (or if you had a PC account with a clan, you don't actually need to build a key). When that's done you can find the dojo in the lower left section of the solar system map. But you should be able to participate in clan chat right away and show up in the clan roster for easy inviting.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Neato. Thanks for braving all that work (and undoubtedly also organisational headaches).

Bonus newb PSA: Not sure whether it has been mentioned (era has been rather screwy with me ever since the "upgrade"), but there's a bunch of christmas themed stuff on the shop, and some of it is even available for 1 credit apiece. No need for Plat. Obviously there's also a generous helping of premium currency only offerings as well, so keep on your toes. Hella weird to have a snowman in your cockpit, but eh, whatever it takes to mix things up a bit.

OBdiary: Cripes, what the fuck was up with that relay fight off Mars. Super easy mode. Press the button to begin the engagement, take out your rifle, pewpew the enemy in the head, win. No need to move at all. The bugger just stands there and eats your shots, occasionally strafing to the side or kneeling down to deliver some minimally dangerous kunai. All previous fights were at least somewhat engaging. Not so this time. I take it this is from back when Mars was the starting point of the campaign (IIRC)?

I kinda wanna have a Dethcube "Mini Moose" skin. Along with other Invader Zim themed stuff.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cooking a second Kubrow. Will levelling that count for mastery or is that just your first like with weapons?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
You can also trade for genetic imprints, and I'd recommend getting the imprints of your dog (you can only get 2) before you bin it send it to the Lotus. This means you can chose what breed you get rahter than having to RNG them all.

I wonder where she keeps all the unwanted pets. She must be turning them into burgers.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the Clan invite, and everyone for completing all those research!
Now I gotta wait 12 hours for the key to finish.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
Thank you for leveling up the clan stuff !!
I am having problem with the aming as well. I am doing fine but mostly blunt hit evetything with my staff anyways.
I probalby should pick up a shotgun then. Which one can you guys recommend for a starter ?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Thank you for leveling up the clan stuff !!
I am having problem with the aming as well. I am doing fine but mostly blunt hit evetything with my staff anyways.
I probalby should pick up a shotgun then. Which one can you guys recommend for a starter ?
The Hek. MR4 locked, but works built for straight damage. There's also a Steel Meridian augment for it that is nice to have (adds multishot and a syndicate proc that does a bit of damage and heals you)

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Just because I've been seeing this a lot in y'all's messages to me, there's plenty of space in the clan. Don't be shy about it, and it's not a bother either!

Clan.png

Also here's a quick map of the place featuring deluxe skin nidus (best deluxe skin in the game at the moment). We centralized everything so that it's easy to find what you need, and I put up the decorations around the doors to try and make it easier to identify which room is which at a glance. There's also a teleporter in the center of the main chamber in case you're feeling extra lazy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Currently leveling Ember for that MR7 test, tried 2 times and failed so I'm switching to AoE frame strategy.