• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha, oh man, the RNG in this game is stupid sometimes. Yesterday I chose to do the Survival mission for the breeding quest again because I'm a masochist or something, and this time it was a complete cakewalk and I entered the dropship with a very comfortable 30% and a survival marker still on the map - and that was after walking to the exit while scrounging for resources. Basically, I could have played this for a whole lot longer. ...maybe the recent hotfix tweaked the mission. Still, what a stark contrast to the initial attempts.

Related: Sorry Eintopf , I was just about to log when you invited me yesterday. It was 2 am in the morning and I should have been asleep long ago, so I just dropped a line in the dojo chat and went offline. Hope I didn't offend. Thanks again for the invite. :)

Question: can I activate another quest while my egg is hatching, or am I now locked into the quest until my ugly space dog gets born? It takes two freaking days for that, dammit. And Ordis isn't talking about anything else. Arrrrrgh.

Also, finally made my way to the void to grab those freaking decaying crystals without hanging onto the coattails of someone else. Yuss.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was going to be easy. Ended up doing it with 2 seconds to spare. It's finding the bloody things that loses you time. Do radar mods work there?
Yeah it should, I managed to complete it at Simaris's training but for the real test I failed lmao. I did even bring a squad energy restore item. Will try again at Ember rank 20. Wave 1 is also the hardest one.

Edit : there, Ember 30, went really fast at the test, no way I'll fail this time.

Last edited:

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
Holy moly that dojo is big though. I got lost immediately until i found a teleporter. Anyhow is there cool stuff to do for master rank 2. or at what point should i come back?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Holy moly that dojo is big though. I got lost immediately until i found a teleporter. Anyhow is there cool stuff to do for master rank 2. or at what point should i come back?
At MR2 you'll likely find the costs of making things a bit expensive. Also, all dojo weapons are MR locked, so you'll likely want to come back later when you've ranked up a bit. There are a couple weapons available to you now, but chances are you have other gear to level at the moment. Every of Mastery rank will unlock new weapons from the labs, so you can come back every so often.

However, you can make the 4 warframes from the Tenno lab (Volt, Nezha, Banshee, Wukong) which aren't MR locked. The Tenno lab also has some upgrade segments which help you with Pets and the archwing launcher segment, although I believe they are MR locked.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's not a Dojo, it's a freaking city.

It was interesting to explore though. Finding the elevator to the second floor and seeing that there's yet another elevator prepared for even more floors was pretty daunting, to be honest. Just how big is this thing going to be?!

Was nice to look at the Japanese themed rooms as well. Thank the makers for the teleporters. No need to run around, just port to wherever you want to go and throw your cash at the "shops". Boy, I'm gonna need massive amounts of moolah... and I'm not even sure I've found everything there is to buy yet.

Top notch stuff, thanks once more to the team of makers and shakers in our clan. This is really impressive and seems rather well thought out. Very pretty too.
( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

I threw a paltry amount of resources at some random yet unresearched item in the labs. Doubt it'll make a dent, but hey, "I helped". Yay. Maybe we should plan which projects to fund next. Could that be appended to the welcome message or some sort of clan blackboard?

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
I bought 2 weapon slots with plat and I don't know how to make use of them. I am level 2 if that makes any difference. I wanted to have a second primary weapon (shotgun)

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought 2 weapon slots with plat and I don't know how to make use of them. I am level 2 if that makes any difference. I wanted to have a second primary weapon (shotgun)
Weapon and warframe slots are automatically added to your inventory when purchased. If you open your inventory you should see two additional slots.

You can only carry one primary and one secondary in a mission regardless of the number of slots you have.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
So I've stopped playing this like a year after launch. I did like it, but I heard it has improved since then and I'd like to play it again with a new account.

Did the game change that much ? What should I know ?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
So I've stopped playing this like a year after launch. I did like it, but I heard it has improved since then and I'd like to play it again with a new account.

Did the game change that much ? What should I know ?

It's changed loads. Advice would be just to jump in a start playing. You'll soon pick it up.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Woops, used a forma on Ember since I liked it but my mastery rank test is in 30 mins. Well I already managed to put it at rank 20 already, defense missions for the win!
Edit : finally completed it and I'm almost ready for the MR8 test already haha.

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Steve was working on it until midnight last night when he tweeted this. People can love the game or hate the game but no one can deny this guys passion on making video games and his love for his warframe baby...

I hope this controller code trickles down to other Panic Button works, if that's okay with Mr. Sinclair. Everyone should benefit from fast control responsiveness!

Last edited:

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have what might be a stupid post war within question.

After completing it, I received the personal quarters segment and immediately started building it. I was watching some videos of others completing the quest and in one someone said not to build the personal quarters segment until the chains of harrow quest is done. Is there any real reason to wait? I haven't grabbed it from the foundry yet so thought I'd check just in case.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I have what might be a stupid post war within question.

After completing it, I received the personal quarters segment and immediately started building it. I was watching some videos of others completing the quest and in one someone said not to build the personal quarters segment until the chains of harrow quest is done. Is there any real reason to wait? I haven't grabbed it from the foundry yet so thought I'd check just in case.
I don't think it matters when you grab it, but
you can get another quest there once you've finished the Harrow quest.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or does this game feel pretty dead on Switch? I'm still working my way through Phobos but every mission has 0 groups open and players rarely join my game. Yes my game is set to online and my switch is wired. Dunno but I always find several groups for any mission on PC.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to blame Smash as well, it has surpassed 1M download so there should be a lot of people playing, I can find random squad defend missions without problem.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think WF has a good new user retention metric. Unless you find a buncha nice guys on some third party forum like here or reddit, or luck into a working clan with enough old hands on deck to help smooth out the initial confusion* during normal gameplay, warframe doesn't really offer much of a compelling gameplay experience to new players. And lucking out like that will probably stuff you into alliance/clan chat with vastly superior trade choices, away from the public eye.

Rest of the user base probably consists of old experienced players who already have their own dedicated channels for communication, social stuff and trade on the other platforms and who will likely be tempted to stay on them.

*) I mean, even the movement tutorial/training area is hidden away in the Codex behind a very easy to miss button prompt hidden in the lower part of the screen. Heck, the player run FAQ/helpdesk system requires you to advance quite far in the game before it's accessible. Ass backwards, that. Whoever dreamed that up didn't think things through, methinks.

So I'm not shocked that the game seems dead outside established and somewhat "fenced off" groups and endgame content. Plus, the social instances (CETUS, Trade station etc) still suffer from performance issues, and chat is unwieldy unless you attach a non-bluetooth wired keyboard or microphone or futz around with dongles. That kinda pushes away many people as well.

So when the GOTY for many if not most switch players shows up, the masses will run away, whether they'll return at a later date or not is another thing entirely obviously.

At least that's how I explain the lack of visible one million Switch players to myself. They gotta hide somewhere. Outside the game in the brand new switch GOTY contender, on other platforms, or inside the game in isolated bubbles.

Finished baking my doggo, gave him his high tech collar, and froze him upon completion of the quest. I'm not gonna micromanage affection levels of an ugly scrawny bat dog thing, with barely even a handful of (to me) available mods to boot, if it means unequipping my hugely convenient Taxon. Nuh huh. Freeze ray all day e''ryday.

I have finally built all Rhino subsystems. Only thing remaining is actually buying the bp and kicking off the build process... and waiting for 72 freaking hours.
Those 35k credits still take some doing to get at my pace and given the early stage of the game I'm still running around in and my likeliness to spend credits on useless crap. It'll feel so good once I've built it though. And then I'll stash it and try out my Cat Lady warframe in earnest. Heh.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I have finally built all Rhino subsystems. Only thing remaining is actually buying the bp and kicking off the build process... and waiting for 72 freaking hours.
Those 35k credits still take some doing to get at my pace and given the early stage of the game I'm still running around in and my likeliness to spend credits on useless crap. It'll feel so good once I've built it though. And then I'll stash it and try out my Cat Lady warframe in earnest. Heh.

There's an infected defense mission on Mars. Do 10 waves of that and you'll net at least 20k credits. Much more if you have a booster running

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
How do i sell unwanted weapons? i go to inventory and tick the sellable weapon box and it shows all the weapons i can sell. Click the ones i want to sell and press Y but nothing happen..

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
There's an infected defense mission on Mars. Do 10 waves of that and you'll net at least 20k credits. Much more if you have a booster running
Oh, thanks, I'll try that next time. I'm a pretty irresponsible spender since there's so much shiny stuff everywhere... money has been notoriously tight for me so far.

Nub question of the day:
While we're on the topic of boosters, is there a way of knowing which boosts are active at the moment? Other than knowing the icons at the upper right hand of the screen, obviously. I don't think I've seen anything in the profile page...

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
It's a Baro Breakdown: Your Ducats Are Safe edition!

Harkonar Wraith Chest: With all cosmetic options there's always a personal element to it, where I would say pass on this armor piece. But if you want to do a computer cosplay and want to look like you're overclocking your warframe with this beefy spinning fan, this might be up your alley.

Axi A5 relic: Same suggestion as his last visit.

Ki'Teer Solstice Syndana: Same as before.

Fire Dual Stat mods: You will come across these doing spies, while farming for Ivara, or just from other players who need to offload the mods cheap. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Primed Quickdraw: This might be worth a pickup, I'm currently using it on a couple of my Kitgun builds on the PC side, but it's far from a must buy.

Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation: This is useful for exactly one weapon, the Twin Grakatas. Otherwise if you're running into ammo economy issues, Carrier's precept should be able to manage. Probably a pass.

Prisma Skana: Worth consideration. It's actually a decently statted single sword and it can make use of the New Loka mod that gives it 100% more damage, as well as the Corrosive-based AOE burst while wielding it.

Prisma Gorgon: A decent bullet hose and the best of the Gorgon family. Pairs nicely with...

Gorgon Towsun skin: If you grab the Gorgon I strongly suggest getting this skin. The Towsun line of cosmetics has some beautiful results for fashionframe and while the Prisma Gorgon is very pretty, sometimes it's worth dialing back the shiny.

Sonicor Elixis skin: Unlike the Towsun line, I find the Elixis line to be hideous, so this is a pass from me. If you want a Sonicor skin I suggest looking into getting the festive skin while it's available. It puts little lights on it!

Ki'Teer Sentinel armor: I love this armor set, mostly the mask and the wings. It adds some nice bulk to your sentinel and really makes them pop. The mask looks fantastic on Helios too, as I like to imagine the projected light being the thing doing all the scanning. Worth a grab if you can spare the ducats.

Eos Prime armor: Buy the set if you can, this armor is just straight up great.

Credit Booster: This is a waste of ducats unless you are really desperate for credits and are planning to run the index nonstop for a bit.

And as always, grab the Sands of Inaros quest if you haven't for the tankiest warframe in the game.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I farmed relics this time so I'll be able to get that quest.
7 Warframe slots and I'm already out of them T-T

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, I was infected since a week and I didn't know, I kept an egg just in case so yay, Helminth Charger incoming!

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Hey thanks for letting me join the clan!

I'm still getting my head around this game but really enjoying it. Aiming undocked is a bit of a challenge but solved that problem by using a shotgun!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Ember on defense missions, total kill be like

udflciqm9fxi.jpg

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Really loving the Tenno lifestyle. Action is always so good in this!

Crazy high quality gaming era we live in. Warframe, Into The Breach, Splatoon 2 and Smash are making it an excellent holidays for me ^_^

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a resetera Switch clan I can join? I'm not sure which info is needed.

Switch Friend Code - SW-5411-6256-5039

Warframe - Alric

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
I started the howl of the kubrow quest, got the egg and now it looks like I have to pay or grind to finish the quest.
Is it worth grinding for? Can I do other quests whilst grinding for this?
What should I be focusing on early game?
Also I crafted a clan key now what lol

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Any former PS4 players now playing on the Switch? I would love to hear about your experience and how it differs.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I started the howl of the kubrow quest, got the egg and now it looks like I have to pay or grind to finish the quest.
Is it worth grinding for? Can I do other quests whilst grinding for this?
What should I be focusing on early game?
Also I crafted a clan key now what lol
You get the needed item when you complete the junction to Mars.

AfterZero

Oct 27, 2017
Any former PS4 players now playing on the Switch? I would love to hear about your experience and how it differs.
I was a PS4 player. Transitioning to the Switch version has been pretty smooth, with the exception of the current dead-zone/input lag issue (that they've already announced will be hotfixed). As a result, it's not quite as snappy as what I was used to, and the 30fps framerate takes some adjusting to as well.

That said, I love it on Switch. For one thing, it's fun to see how this is essentially a brand new game for so many people. Working my way through early planets with full squads is a big perk that I didn't get the chance to experience as often on PS4. And obviously, the novelty of playing docked or handheld is huge. As long as DE and Panic Button continue optimizing the game, which I have every reason to believe they will, I consider this version my new main.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Freaking Searge, only ever dropping Mag Chassis bp's. I need the other two subsystems as well, damn you.
Also, wtf at recycling a normal enemy as boss. I mean, yes, Phobos is tiny so the boss in question is tiny too, so that makes sense, but still. His stealth isn't even useful with the way melee attacks have a slight lock on effect. Just keep on tapping melee and watch where his outline walks to. I almost feel bad for him trying to be all stealthy and shit when he's that inept at it.

Also also, I got another rebate coupon from the daily login. 50% this time, now what. I'm very content with my Cat Lady Warframe, and after that there's my freshly printed Rhino, so Plat aside I'm not sure I really want anything. Still seems like a waste to let it lapse... and I do have 200-odd plat lying around. Bah.

Would pay 10 plat for a Kavat muffler device though. Thing's ridiculously talkative. Always mewling and screeching and whatnot. I guess it's alerting me to all the lockers it has made accessible, but still.

Finally, I nearly fell off my bed right now. I guess some elite enemy must have spawned because the goddamn switch blasted a ridiculously loud horn in the middle of my mission, and spawned an immobile blue dot at the starting room in map view. Problem: It did that when I was already one bullet jump away from extraction. While already in the air, in fact. I barely avoided the extraction area at the last second and waited a bit to see whether the entity would come to me, but it didn't, so I just extracted. I probably missed out on some Stalker fight or something, but really, fuck running all the way back through the level, and then to the exit again. Ain't nobody got time for that.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Freaking Searge, only ever dropping Mag Chassis bp's. I need the other two subsystems as well, damn you.

Hey at least you're getting pigments for the dojo!

Finally, I nearly fell off my bed right now. I guess some elite enemy must have spawned because the goddamn switch blasted a ridiculously loud horn in the middle of my mission, and spawned an immobile blue dot at the starting room in map view. Problem: It did that when I was already one bullet jump away from extraction. While already in the air, in fact. I barely avoided the extraction area at the last second and waited a bit to see whether the entity would come to me, but it didn't, so I just extracted. I probably missed out on some Stalker fight or something, but really, fuck running all the way back through the level, and then to the exit again. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I have literally no idea what that could have been, what planet were you on?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
The insanely loud horn like sound is a Switch bug that really needs to be fixed quicker than it is. It's seriously awful :)

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
The insanely loud horn like sound is a Switch bug that really needs to be fixed quicker than it is. It's seriously awful :)

It seems to be happening more often for me. It's terrifying every single time it happens, more so when I'm playing docked.

I really hope it's fixed in the next patch which apparently might not even happen this month.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Hey at least you're getting pigments for the dojo!
Thanks, now that you mention them, I was wondering what they were for. Where do I drop them off?

I have literally no idea what that could have been, what planet were you on?
I was beating up the Sergeant on Phobos.

Seems like it was a bug, huh. Then the blue dot was unrelated to it, I guess.
The big honk is goddamn loud, and there's no warning at all. I'm so glad that I didn't use headphones at that time... thankfully it seems like a rare bug.