• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Just a note, announced during Prime Time just now Account Migration will end on January 15, so anyone waffling on it should make a decision soon!

Chroma Prime access will end this month, and switch will get in sync with every console this year.

Last edited:

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Got myself the dual pack cause I like Mag, and the frames are basically 'free' when compared to buying platinum separately or as this bundle (which includes 1200 platinum). I really hope they are able to add Tennogen to consoles though, I need that beautiful Mag helmet. There's no current in-game Mag helmet that I really like.

That said, still loving Gara and Hek is so damn strong when modded properly. I can't even fully power it up yet due to non-formas and it's still one shotting everything.

Now that I'm further in the game, I do have some questions that maybe someone knows the answers to:
1. What's inspect for? It's on D-Pad left.
2. What's the button "cycle power right" for? It's on D-Pad right.
3. What's channeling? If I have melee mode on and I press ZL, I just glow a bit and make a nice FX sound, but how do you use it?
4. There's a button mapping for Sprint/Roll. I don't see how that combines. Does anyone know if there's a good use for this, or is it mostly for PC players? I was personally looking for a way to always have sprint on, but unfortunately I'm kind of forced to always press that L-stick once because that setting doesn't exist.
5. Any reason to keep Mag if I have Mag Prime now?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Now that I'm further in the game, I do have some questions that maybe someone knows the answers to:
1. What's inspect for? It's on D-Pad left.
2. What's the button "cycle power right" for? It's on D-Pad right.
3. What's channeling? If I have melee mode on and I press ZL, I just glow a bit and make a nice FX sound, but how do you use it?
4. There's a button mapping for Sprint/Roll. I don't see how that combines. Does anyone know if there's a good use for this, or is it mostly for PC players? I was personally looking for a way to always have sprint on, but unfortunately I'm kind of forced to always press that L-stick once because that setting doesn't exist.
5. Any reason to keep Mag if I have Mag Prime now?

1. Inspect means 'interact' with basically. Interact with the consoles, with various hackables in the levels.
2. Change which power you've got set up to with with your L, or it might be to change your weapon to your secondary and hold to primary.
3. When you have just your melee out you can channel energy into it, doing more damage. This is an energy drain, and it's not often used.
4. There is a setting under Options > Controls, I believe, to toggle sprint to always on. I know the Mrs. totally has it on.
5. Nope, feel free to sell her. Maybe kiss her on the cheek for being a good starter.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Inspect is for viewing other players profiles in public areas.

Cycle powers lets you cycle Warframe powers (1-4) though IIRC it's only one way. I actually might unmap this and use it as recenter for gyro aiming, maybe, now that I think about it. Dunno what would be a better keybind now that I'm used to all the controls.

Channeling I believe is a way for you to use energy to power up melee attacks. Check for melee weapon stats, channeling cost and multiplier.

You can set toggle to stuff like sprint, crouch, aim. Means you aren't clicking LS all the time.

As for Mag Prime I believe she is basically an upgrade from Mag on all base stats.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda weird that you can stuff a harvest drone on Earth without kicking the butt of the Level 20-ish Endboss. The unlock for those drones seems rather random, I still have some unplayed levels on Venus and yet I'm harvesting there as well.

More boss whining: Currently tackling Excalibur blueprints because I gotta catch them all and seem to have a masochistic tendency. Bleh.
He's so small, and immobile, and his arena is simply flooded with adds. Feels more like a bugged mob, to be honest... his various states/stages are hard to discern in handheld mode (and the fight is not at all intuitive without initial external guidance; seriously, I doubt I could've figured it out on my own without wiki). Booh. So far I have to say Jackal of all bosses feels the most boss-like. Even Vor ist just a dude that occasionally pops a shield and spawns some dudes.

Also, dammit, amassing those Fieldron things for the Helios sentinel is a huge pain in the ass. I'll print myself a Carrier or dethcube and delay the glorious scanning bonanza until later.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So many times I've had moments where I have no clue how to ever get a certain resource. You wiki it and rush to the planet in the hope to get some. Then you drown in them and worry about the next resource. Orokin Cells, then Neural Sensors, then Argon Crystal and now Nano Spores. Just went to a random map on a treasure hunt and noticed "ah... so nano spores are not rare, I just have to unlock a map where it drops this regularly".

Antonymous

Dec 20, 2018
So many times I've had moments where I have no clue how to ever get a certain resource. You wiki it and rush to the planet in the hope to get some. Then you drown in them and worry about the next resource. Orokin Cells, then Neural Sensors, then Argon Crystal and now Nano Spores. Just went to a random map on a treasure hunt and noticed "ah... so nano spores are not rare, I just have to unlock a map where it drops this regularly".
Argon is still a pain due to the decay timer.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
This week's Baro Breakdown is going to be formatted a little weird since I'm on my phone and it's just faster to do it this way than my usual in depth stuff.

All primeds are worth getting this visit. Point Blank and Target Cracker are a must, Morohic Transformer is a hard upgrade and important if archwing deveops further, fast hands is really useful on a handful of rifles with dumb reload times.

Prisma Obex and Cleavers are great melee weapons, worth noting that Cleavers have a 100% damage augment from Steel Meridian and they are quite well statted. Obex can ragdoll enemies like no other and is just fun to use.

Domus Syndana is great, why wouldn't you want a tiny liset on your back?

Kiteer Atmos mask is for all your Bane cosplay needs, but I sort of hate it otherwise.

Kiteer armor is generally too bulky and angular to look good on most Warframe other than Vauban. However the chest piece actually blends on pretty well and has some nice metallics.

Kiteer color set is a sure buy. Free colors and they're a really good array of blues and browns.

The beacons are really useful items if you're looking to fight those guys. Uusally on Baro weekends there will be beaconshares in recruiting so you don't have to buy a ton to hunt for those drops. Zenuka is probably the one that is hardest to get to appear.

Aquiday

Dec 26, 2018
Now I really gotta get to farming those Ducats. Primed Point Blank, and maybe Target Cracker if I get enough...

mrs.glitches

Jul 14, 2018
with glitchesarecool
Glitches has a job so I'm here to stink up his computer and computer chair and his robe and do the in-depth Baro stuff lmao

Axi A5- buy 'em. the vasto's vaulted, and akvasto is a beautiful thing. 👍

Primed Point Blank- BUY IT. It's the prime version of the shotgun damage mod, hella recommend. Hella insist.👍👍👍

Primed Pistol Gambit- increases the crit chance on your pistols, pairs beautifully with the Axi A5 surprise inside.👍👍👍

Primed Fast Hands- i mean you reload faster but some of those guns need this badly👍

Primed Morphic Transformer- it's the only primed archwing mod that I know about, it can't hurt to buy it.👍👍

Prisma obex- pump it (lv to 30) and then dump it (sell) it's trash👎👎👎

Prisma Dual cleavers- pump and dump👎👎👎

Kiteer sugatra- a lil sword dangler👍

Domus Syndana- recommend for fashion frames, it's a tiny liset!👍👍👍

Kiteer Solstice Syndana- get it while it lasts, it's very pretty!👍👍👍

Kiteer Atmos mask- dumb👍

Kiteer armor- i use the chest for my sonic cosplay👍👍👍

Kiteer color palette- recommend because MORE COLORS, and the blue is a good vaporwave blue.👍👍👍👍

Kiteer glyph- i mean if you want your avatar to be that😶

Kiteer fireworks- don't👎

Kiteer stencil- paint your room cool👍

Grustrag Three beacon- known as the G3, they're needed for stuff and drop things👍

Stalker beacon- you'll...you'll kill enough to find him😶

Zanuka beacon- DEFINITELY buy this one, she's very rare👍👍👍

Sands of Inaros BP- Inaros is a great frame, and don't forget to bring scanners to the quest to scan the kavats that appear!👍

Foxounet

Nov 9, 2017
After many tries at warframe on PC, where I just couldn't get it and abandoned as I reached the star chart, I bought a switch and gave it another run... 10h in, fresh MR3 just got to Mercury and maxed my Excalibur (should have taken Volt because I don't really like melee-exalted-blade style but oh well), I'm beginning to get hooked and reading the wiki more and more...

Just sent a PM to Glitchesarecool as well as on Discord to join Ayatan Ranch

Foxounet

Nov 9, 2017
Mask of the Revenant: Public Hotfix 4

This may be one of our smallest Hotfixes ever. It is one we can do quickly because it is just tried and true data (not code or assets) - we originally had not planned on deploying, but we were able to isolate this data change for deployment. Our priority is still getting in position for 2 major things: Prime Access and Prime Vault unity, and of course, Fortuna Cert.

Fortuna Cert Status: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1052679-fortuna-part-1-on-switch-cert-status-thread/

Changes/Fixes:

• Removed Mag & Nova Prime Vault Relics from tables. If you have them in your inventory, you keep them!

Very small patch today

But more interesting is a new twitch prime bundle: https://www.warframe.com/news/get-50-platinum-free-with-twitch-prime-for-a-limited-time

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, so I know that Warframe has a peculiar way of leveling up.

Right now I have my Excalibur at max level, with almost all gear at max as well.

Does this mean that I wont gain any more "levels" while playing until I change gear and star over?

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I know that Warframe has a peculiar way of leveling up.

Right now I have my Excalibur at max level, with almost all gear at max as well.

Does this mean that I wont gain any more "levels" while playing until I change gear and star over?
Pretty much. Your MR only goes up when you're leveling new gear, so if possible you should try to have at least one unleveled weapon equipped whenever you're doing other things. There's something like 8 weapons you can buy pre-built from the market for credits, so that's a good place to start if you're low on resources.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty much. Your MR only goes up when you're leveling new gear, so if possible you should try to have at least one unleveled weapon equipped whenever you're doing other things. There's something like 8 weapons you can buy pre-built from the market for credits, so that's a good place to start if you're low on resources.

Thanks! But do I have to use them all?

For example, the only weapon I still don't have at max level is the handgun, because I dont really like to use it lol

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! But do I have to use them all?

For example, the only weapon I still don't have at max level is the handgun, because I dont really like to use it lol
If you're playing with other players, the exp you get for their kills is split evenly between your weapons and frame (compared to your own kills, which are only split between the single weapon you're using and your frame), so stuff levels faster if you're actively using it, but you passively level everything when you're in a group, even with random players.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Baro Breakdown 1/25 this is important.

Ignis Wraith: On the switch, this is the only way to get this weapon. No clan will have the BPs like on the consoles or PC. It's a hard upgrade to the Ignis and a great weapon for crowd damage, an absolute must buy if you have the MR for it.

Axi A5 relics: again.

Slash mods: Pass. If you start doing Eidolon hunts (and you should), these will drop. Even if you don't, there are very few builds that make use of these mods. The only one maybe worth grabbing would be Sweeping Serration for the Tigris family, but again, you can just get these to drop pretty easily with enough practice.

Primed Flow: A vital mod for any warframe that wants a big, meaty energy pool like Titania, or any warframe that wants to abuse Quick Thinking. Buy it.

Primed Regen: Absolute must get if you're using a sentinel. This thing is a very hard upgrade over regular regen and will basically ensure your sentinel is with you for the whole mission unless something buggy happens.

Prisma Twin Gremlins: Mostly Mastery Fodder unless you have a riven for them. Even then it'd be hard to justify using.

Quanta Vandal (and skin): Mastery Fodder. Sadly this weapon, once a top crowd damage dealer, just isn't able to perform any more.

Ki'Teer Diax Syndana: I don't think these things look good, and generally would pass them up.

Ki'Teer Foros Armor: Definitely a good armor set to grab. Sleek and metallic, it blends in well with many warframes and gives even basic Warframes a nice "Primed" look. Get it if you have the extra Ducats.

Eminence Colors: This is one of the rare times I'm going to say that a cosmetic is a must buy. Eminence has some of the best purples and light blues available and is worth every ducat to get. Unless you hate purple and blue, you won't be disappointed.

Kavat Sentinel Armor: It looks interesting but i'll leave it up to personal preference on if you want to get it or not.

Ki'Teer Atmos Diadem: It's a nice crown for your Operator. Probably worth it if you have extra ducats.

Pyra Sugatra: It looks cool until you start trying to swing your melee weapon, then it often bugs out and twists around itself. It's neat, but not a must buy.

Corrupted Bombard specter: Waste of ducats, do not buy.

Orokin Extraction scene: Nice for Captura but far from a needed buy. Considering all the other must gets today I'd probably pass.

Affinity Booster: Nice to get if you don't want to pay the plat for it but it's probably easier to just trade prime junk to people and buy a longer one from the Market if you really need the booster.

and as always, get the sands of inaros quest if you haven't

Aquiday

Dec 26, 2018
Good thing I farmed some ducats last days... Bad news for those Prime parts I was planning to farm the full set...

Got my eye on that Primed Flow, Ignis Wraith, Eminence Colors, Primed Regen, and Foros Armor if at all possible. Good ol' Baro will be making a huge profit outta me. ~900 ducats won't be enough for the whole shebang, I suppose?

And Acolytes are coming this weekend too! So farming relics will be out of the question if an Acolyte is near-by.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
So . .. how is everybody doing ?

I am about 10h in i think:
  • I just recieved all part for the rhino .
  • I am mastery level 4 i think?
  • Crafted my first weapons Akbolto ( the shotgun guns) and the twohander staff thingy. '
  • Crafted' (?) my first pet , but did not count towards my quest to craft the right pet :( because i infused it with my space wart.

I read somewhere that one should try to free one planet completly to get fram ressources - to do so , i need the archangel wings ?
Should i switch to the rhino frame from my exalibur or i got another frame from the twich prime thingy?
When should i start framing doublons for baro?
What is there to be found in the dojo ?

So in general i just need some nudge in te right direction and/or get some feedback on how to proceed?
Where is some exciting stuff to be found, some nice equiptment to be farmed?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
eis_

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
230 hours in:

- Finished Second Dream and The War Within quests, good stuff, but I'm one of the few people who has been spoiled beforehand unfortunately. I hope no one else gets robbed. Was still pleasant to play through.
- I've learned to hate a lot of Limbo players. I don't understand why I see low MR Limbo's on far away planets. I've seen Limbo's force rolling people into the other planes and chase people (I warned about reporting to make it stop). Usually when a mic is on and it's a kid, it's a Limbo warframe (and since I'm in Europe, it's usually a language I don't understand). I don't know where they all come from and how they learned or earned a Limbo, but I want it to stop.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Brought my Switch to work to start the download as soon as it's up, so I can get home and play lol

Oct 25, 2017
Update seems buggy. Was booted from the game multiple times and some icons in the UI are showing up as solid white squares.

Aquiday

Dec 26, 2018
Same here. Force-closed on my first start after updating, rebooted, no problems afterwards.

The new UI is so shiny and chrome. Love the Fortuna vibe too, and that intro was fantastic (I can finally understand all the Lift Together hype).

Anyone knows if this update finally makes archwing charges unlimited for free roaming?

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
That intro song and performance though !
Holy moly, i dint expect that for the new location at all .
I really dig the vibe and story so far
But still my problems persists :

P.L.A.S.T.I.D.S .
:(

Last edited:

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Finally finished the download and got to play. First impressions:

- The entire game feels smoother. I wonder what's changed (resolution / motion blur / stableness of fps)
- Vallis is huge (Fortuna open world), don't understand how it loads reasonably fast and plays
- Choosing between Archwing or K-Drive seems like a first world problem. Also, yay for unlimited Archwing launcher uses now
- New interface changes are nice. My favorites are the new in-game wheel, new confirmation prompt and the new loading icon. The only 'worse' things I've noticed are:
1. "combos" in the upgrade menu for melee weapons, next to the equipped stance mod, is suddenly a block clickable button. I don't think that's right, it was a tooltip for a button before.
2. Also, while bounties look nicer to select, it only shows available rewards as text and no longer in colors of rarity or icons. So it's technically less information to work with.
- Can't find any new Tennogen. I thought it was supposed to come with this update
- [Spoiler] seems to act less buggy
- There's a new film grain option. Haven't tried turning it on or off. I loved it in the original L4D and nothing I saw seemed out of place (it's automatically turned on)
- It's still free

Structure of the game aside (grind aspect, playtime, when things unlock), I do think that this game is also the biggest game on the Switch content-wise, in total. It literally has a ton of content. I think it surpasses my other owned games like Skyrim and Diablo and Dark Souls and Xenoblade 2. Combine a ton of content with a grind aspect and it's like I don't need any other game right now. Oh well, at least that's good for my wallet, though fashion frame might get me soon (so far I've managed to not spend too much of my plat... yet).

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
2. Also, while bounties look nicer to select, it only shows available rewards as text and no longer in colors of rarity or icons. So it's technically less information to work with.

There's a button to hit to make it show full images of everything, it's shown at the bottom of the text list.

- Can't find any new Tennogen. I thought it was supposed to come with this update

I'm still super unclear as to what Tennogen is actually getting into the game or not still. I would imagine we'll get clarification on Friday's dev stream.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
So halfway on a whim and somewhat inspired by the chatter around the Anthem demo, I downloaded this onto my Switch last week and have started toying around. I've been in the mood for some lootin'-shootin' PvE and I had a friend or two really into it on PC a couple of years ago, so why not, right?

I haven't made it very far in yet, but it's not bad! I've only made it as far as a few nodes into Venus, probably one or two missions away from hitting MR2. My only real gripe with the game design itself so far is that it's taking longer than I would have liked to obtain any sort of new weapon, though I'm close. There's been a few performance hiccups on the Switch, too, which has had me wondering it it might be worth trying to primarily run this on my PC instead. The always-online nature of the game means that I'm not likely to play it much in handheld-mode anyway, which is supposedly the Switch version's biggest strength.

Is the Switch Era Discord/Clan still active? I don't think any of my other current Switch-owning friends are too interested in joining me digging into space ninja shenanigans.