• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Dumb question how do I hold my melee weapons out? I can use it fine, but seems to be unable to hold them out in between fighting.

I thought it was X , but it only switches between my primary and secondary.
Holding X for full melee, which allows for blocking and stance melee combos.

And damn, I missed Primed Continuity because I took a little break D: (not that I have upgraded any of my Primed mods yet, with those Endo requirements and my Ayatan Treasure hoarding cause #FreeShipFashion...)

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Is there a bug with this? Pretty sure I turned off Toggle Sprint and it keeps turning me back to regular slow walking. Or do I need to toggle sprint on (?) seems confusing to me.
The original answer unfortunately didn't do exactly what I wanted. I was trying to remove 1 extra button so I could replace it with something else (Left Analog Click), but that's not how this setting works. By default Toggle Sprint is already on. And if you press the Sprint button (which by default is Left Analog Click), you can toggle between Sprint and Walking. If you turn this option off, you have the Hold to Sprint. Obviously, that's kind of impossible with the Left Analog Click as the button.

That esteem pack is a great purchase if you have no additional platinum. That will definitely set you up with enough plat to get some slots going (which is the biggest quality of life upgrade you can get while playing this game). It's slightly more expensive than buying the 170 plat separately, but nets you a potatoed (awesome) weapon and some exclusive limited skins. I might even get it myself, though I don't really play Excalibur much, just for the potatoed Guandao and exclusive limited time skins (gotta prepare for the eventual console cross-play in the future... maybe? One can hope xD).

The Esteem Pack I includes:
Excalibur Opal Skin
Guandao Opal Skin
Guandao Polearm Weapon
3-Day Credit Booster
3-Day Affinity Booster
170 Platinum

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The original answer unfortunately didn't do exactly what I wanted. I was trying to remove 1 extra button so I could replace it with something else (Left Analog Click), but that's not how this setting works. By default Toggle Sprint is already on. And if you press the Sprint button (which by default is Left Analog Click), you can toggle between Sprint and Walking. If you turn this option off, you have the Hold to Sprint. Obviously, that's kind of impossible with the Left Analog Click as the button.

That esteem pack is a great purchase if you have no additional platinum. That will definitely set you up with enough plat to get some slots going (which is the biggest quality of life upgrade you can get while playing this game). It's slightly more expensive than buying the 170 plat separately, but nets you a potatoed (awesome) weapon and some exclusive limited skins. I might even get it myself, though I don't really play Excalibur much, just for the potatoed Guandao and skin.

The Esteem Pack I includes:
Excalibur Opal Skin
Guandao Opal Skin
Guandao Polearm Weapon
3-Day Credit Booster
3-Day Affinity Booster
170 Platinum

Yep, I just picked up the esteem pack, it's basically buying platinum with everything else as bonus. The Switch coloring scheme is nice.

RE: Sprint, I figured it out, so I have left it on default as pressing down Left analog will move me to sprint mode which speeds things up significantly.

I was hoping there is a perma sprint option as often accidentally click it off in the heat of battle.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Got back into the game after taking a little break. Gave in and bought a Primed Continuity from someone who was selling it so I don't feel too bad about missing that. That 1 million credits trading tax though! Yay for credits weekend?

It's amazing how ridiculously fast the game is changing. Looking forward to the melee changes as well.

Currently finished mastering Kunai and Bo and then used them as materials to create Tipedo. Today I'll work on that and my finished Arca Plasmor and then use the Tipedo to create the weapon that I really want: Lesion. Since it's a status weapon, I've farmed 3 of the easier 60/60 mods (half elemental, half status) and now am working towards farming Drifting Contact (combo counter + status), because Lesion is a status weapon that I want to mod for status and healing return, so my Valkyr can go ham with it. She's currently running Hirudo, which has an innate healing aspect when critting, but the punching range is sometimes too limited and with only quick melee, I actually can't hit little guys on the floor with it :|

Also, I think something changed in the Switch version because sliding attacks are much easier to chain now. Busted out my Maiming Strike mod and I'm destroying everything. I feel a bit stupid after spin attacking for half an hour straight though.

This game really rewards you for setting your own goals and actually achieving it. Farming Mesa Prime is one of my highlights so far. Farming Axi's, praying to RNGus for the right parts to drop from the farmed relics. Won't do it again, but after all the sweat and tears and completing a full frame like that is satisfying. Met some great randoms that eventually became my friends because we did it together, talking to each other on Discord.

One foreseeable problem I have though, is that I'm currently in a 4-man clan, where only me and the one I recruited are active. The leader was a migrated player and she made a whole clan from scratch and I was the only active player. I do not want to abandon the sensei who gave me a great start. But for Railjack and something in the endgame involving keys, the dojo still lacks some rooms. She hasn't been online for over 50 days now. And without architect privileges, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I can't believe the Switch caught up so fast! I think it's only missing older tennogen now (I need that Mag tennogen helmet!).

I'm super super excited for Melee 2.9. I have some very melee focused sets, but switching to full stance and switching back was not fluid at all and that will change with this update.

Doesn't seem to be any Panic Button optimisations in this update.

RIP weapon trail. Though I was probably the only player in the game who turned this setting on :P

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
Any1 did some trading on the market on switch ? How much effort is it to get some stuff
What do you sell and what do you buy?

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Any1 did some trading on the market on switch ? How much effort is it to get some stuff
Yeah, there's a mix of just using https://switch.warframe.market and the WTS/WTBs on the in-game global trading channel.

I've usually gotten what I wanted in a short time for fair prices.

The only thing I've sold several times are Scattered Justice mods, since I can basically create those infinitely as a Steel Meridian.

Plat is the only relevant trading currency, but sometimes I just had people who wanted something odd like relics, even when I was planning on giving plat.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches

We actually ended up getting a small keyboard to make trading easier. Other than having that weird time trying to type something out, it's the same as the PC market. Find someone who wants something and sell it. Easy sells are Syndicate or Augment mods.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah, there's a mix of just using https://switch.warframe.market and the WTS/WTBs on the in-game global trading channel.

I've usually gotten what I wanted in a short time for fair prices.

The only thing I've sold several times are Scattered Justice mods, since I can basically create those infinitely as a Steel Meridian.

Plat is the only relevant trading currency, but sometimes I just had people who wanted something odd like relics, even when I was planning on giving plat.

How does it work? You organize the trade on the web page an then meet ingame?

And where comes the trading tax into play?

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I want to know as well. I found a sellernon Warframe.market bit not sure how to use the site to contact them. The user is said to be online but I couldn't find them in the trading channel

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You basically have to manually pm them with /w {username}, the exact same name as on the site.

The online / in-game / offline features aren't too great because you have to manually change your status and if they're not gaming near a desktop, the push notifications don't work too hot with phones (only works if you're literally keeping the browser open).

So your actual best bet is usually just PM'ing the usernames with the best deals with a 'hi' to see if they're online on Switch. And if they are, they usually have it for sale. I never had to do a setup time.

That said, the general trading chat is pretty active. If you just ask for WTS or WTB [Item Name here] (with the brackets) you get the clickable blue text of the item that you want. Most sellers sell for the switch.warframe.market prices, or cheaper. Just put up a WTB and play some games. Works for WTS as well (that's how I sold like 4 Scattered Justice so far). I don't really sell higher than the market price, any small source of platinum income I'm satisfied with, because it's not like these are super rare items that requires me to farm for hours.

The buyer pays the trading tax of the item. I bought a Primed Continuity, so I was the one paying 1 million credits to the game. These are pretty rare occurrences though, normal items and blueprints don't have such high trading taxes and most of the time you have enough. If not, you can do some Ceres-Seimeni single wave runs or sell your duplicate Oberon or Harrow blueprints (piggy bank).

Once you have a conversation going and agree on the platinum price, they'll usually invite you to their dojo (or vice versa) so you can actually trade. Though one time I had someone tell me to meet him/her at Maroo's xD

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I'm gonna start shorthanding these breakdowns to just stuff you need to buy or just some casual notes on items. You can probably search the thread for mentions of most of these and my opinions on them from previous entries.

A note on Expel mods: They are technically the best choice of a mod if you have literally nothing else to fill an empty slot on a build. However, you have to remain mindful of what mod you have equipped when going into a mission, and also it's harder and harder to find that empty slot these days with Rivens in the mix. I would generally pass on these unless you want them for collection's sake.

Stalker Beacons: These are actually worth stocking up on right now. If you can find a beaconshare, it'll be the most effective way to farm the smoke Ephemera.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that releasing on more platforms ranked last by a huge margin.
I feel like Warframe wouldn't work with touch controls only, but would not rule out it coming to something like Stadia as the convenience factor would be great.

I voted for more content/higher production values.

There are way too many newbie traps and unexplained concepts in the game I have to have the wiki next to me and look like a dork asking people dumb questions. It's very old school in that regard but I can see some people not liking this.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I've been having this issue lately where the small updates that the game always downloads before launching take forever to download. They download at speeds ranging from 10KB/s to several bytes a second, and take fucking FOREVER, and updating from the Switch menu says the game is already up to date.

I don't know what to do, I can't play this game anymore, and no, my internet connection is just fine.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think there's two updates for Warframe. The app itself is updated with major releases like Fortuna/Buried Debts, but hotfixes within those 'episodes' are updated inside the launcher.

I've never had an issue with the latter as they're not meant to be big updates and always patches and downloads in under 1 minute.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think there's two updates for Warframe. The app itself is updated with major releases like Fortuna/Buried Debts, but hotfixes within those 'episodes' are updated inside the launcher.

I've never had an issue with the latter as they're not meant to be big updates and always patches and downloads in under 1 minute.
Well, for me it takes up to 45 minutes... So I'm basically not playing the game.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Decided to give this a go....couple of hours in, really digging it so far. Overwhelmed but slowly figuring things out lol.

I like the gameplay loop and assume it only gets better as you progress.

Surreal to be playing a GaaS title on Switch handheld but awesome.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Fantastic update today. Plains of Eidolon is looking much improved, and I love the fast weapon switching -- that's a big change. Never understood why it was the way it was before, so it's a very welcome tweak.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Never understood why it was the way it was before, so it's a very welcome tweak.

Just speaking as an older player there was something useful about switching to melee and having a wide range of possible moves (channeling, on demand blocking, air gliding while blocking) and the theory that there could have been more put into that combat mode. But they never really did anything else with it, and frankly this is a welcome change that I'm still really getting used to because I want to hold F to switch all the time still.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So apparently unlocking all previous tennogen on the Switch was a mistake and they reverted it all with platinum refunds. Everyone affected got 5 free tennogen out of it (the legal ones), so I'm not complaining. Still very very sad I can't walk with my Mag Ferro helmet anymore. Mag without that helmet feels just wrong.

The free tennogen I got in my inbox are:
- Octavia Diva
- Mesa Graxx
- Nova Corpra
- Due Volpi Syandana
- Repala Syandana

Definitely a lot of good stuff in the list. Now I feel like I have to grind for Octavia, because that skin is amazing. Also quite happy with Nova Copra.

At least my Mag got to shine during the last highest level Hijack sortie. Polarize + Counterpulse = unlimited shields and no one is shooting us.... xD (I felt sooooo lame doing it)

By the way, this weekend's Void Trader finally has the rare 60/60 electric mods for Rifle, Pistols, Shotguns and Melee. It's quite a grind, but you really really should try to get it, because I believe 2 of them are Baro exclusive and other 2 are still quite rare and hard to farm. All 60/60 toxic mods are from Corrupted Vor in the Void. Cold and Heat are from finishing all 3 spy vaults on various difficulty. Electric is the hardest to come by. But because Electric & Toxic is a very common combo (corrosive), it's kind of a must-have to own these. Once you start dipping into crit vs status territory on mods, things get really interesting gear wise.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
With the new wolf event, what's the best thing as relative newb like myself can bring to the wolf sledge farming groups. I assume i'll still suck but just want to suck a little less.

I have excal, Nezha, Gara, Rhino, Oberon, Frost and Trinity Prime

I've been bringing Gara for some CC and Dread to DPS, but admittedly, my dps sucks on the 2nd tier lvl 70 fight. I have 4 formas into it and a corrosive/slash build. I haven't been able to find an easy breadkdown of what's a good dread build for the wolf.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
When I'm not on Valkyr god-mode, I use Gara with 90% damage reduction and Hirudo with Blood Rush and Shattering Impact to punch the Wolf to death.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Wolf is weak to impact? h2h?

Shattering Impact is a unique melee mod that reduces the armor of an enemy permanently whenever impact damage is dealt.

We've been doing a lot of experiments on the discord. If you're lacking a Valkyr or Khora (because he's very much able to get wrangled by her 2, and you can just go ham on him with anything while he's stunned), Revenant is another choice. If you use his 1 on the Wolf, then use 3 repeatedly, you'll shave off about 45% of his health per pass. Revenant does have problems actually getting through the Pack though, so either do this with a group or use something with good range and Maiming Strike to cull them. Alternatively you can use the Liset's air support to lift the lockdown after the first set of guys and you can just go directly to the wolf without the rest of the pack spawning.

Other frame suggestions are Trinity with low duration (EV does "true damage" based on the total health of the target), Mesa (the peacemakers do quick work), or Titania.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Are my eyes deceiving me or is it a little bit more smoother and a little bit more higher res this update? But I feel like I also am missing something, like the warframe being more plasticky when it used to be more shiny?

Aura forma event is cool. Disruption takes a bit getting used to. Didn't read about it and had to figure it out by failing a few pylons :D (part of the fun, the mode is quite forgiving).

The new boss is literally confusing me and I failed that mission. Have to wiki later what's up with that (I believe this is an end-game boss so I'm not typing too much about it).

New map looks nice.

New market UI is incredibly important for newer players. Trying to explain that the game is really free every time gets old real fast with the old hidden blueprint button.

Staticor is my newest favorite weapon. It matches my main frame's theme (Valkyr) quite well (to be an absolute unit that doesn't really rely on guns and shooting hadokens seems about right). It has an melee effect too, if you walk up to an enemy while charging it :D

Choosing those tiny secondary colors for emmissive and energy color is a lil' bit of a pain with the cursor (I increased the speed for normal usage, but these are like mandachord-small boxes), especially because most of those colors are off now with this update so I have update most colors. Even my sigils don't look right.

Also really liking my recently obtained Octavia. But kinda forced to wait on more coupons to get more instruments, because 50p a pop isn't really cheap. And the default instruments is kind of bad for music because the melody doesn't come from the melody track.

Spoiler mode bug still exists and have to trigger it twice before each game to prevent it. Geez.

Still no return of the older Tennogen. Mag Prime still being benched. Mag Ferro helmet is like used in almost every trailer and Switch players can't have it. (Part of the reason why I put more effort in getting Octavia because of the Diva skin I got for that blunder they made when they recalled tennogen)

I'm starting to run low on plat. While I do some corrupted mod farming and it's not really hard for me, I can't see myself trying to farm for money basically. My time is precious and I'm better off just buying some plat with money because I just make a lot more money in 1 hour in real life, than 1 hour of farming in game. Tennocon deal seems to be the most plat per buck right now, even though there's no way I can use the baro ticket correctly (because I'm always low on ducats and credits).

Game is still free.

Looking forward to the free Nekros Prime (for Switch players, this is the first time we can get it). Still waiting on Valkyr Prime. Didn't bother farming Volt or Loki Prime.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Are my eyes deceiving me or is it a little bit more smoother and a little bit more higher res this update? But I feel like I also am missing something, like the warframe being more plasticky when it used to be more shiny?

Aura forma event is cool. Disruption takes a bit getting used to. Didn't read about it and had to figure it out by failing a few pylons :D (part of the fun, the mode is quite forgiving).

The new boss is literally confusing me and I failed that mission. Have to wiki later what's up with that (I believe this is an end-game boss so I'm not typing too much about it).

New map looks nice.

New market UI is incredibly important for newer players. Trying to explain that the game is really free every time gets old real fast with the old hidden blueprint button.

Staticor is my newest favorite weapon. It matches my main frame's theme (Valkyr) quite well (to be an absolute unit that doesn't really rely on guns and shooting hadokens seems about right). It has an melee effect too, if you walk up to an enemy while charging it :D

Choosing those tiny secondary colors for emmissive and energy color is a lil' bit of a pain with the cursor (I increased the speed for normal usage, but these are like mandachord-small boxes), especially because most of those colors are off now with this update so I have update most colors. Even my sigils don't look right.

Also really liking my recently obtained Octavia. But kinda forced to wait on more coupons to get more instruments, because 50p a pop isn't really cheap. And the default instruments is kind of bad for music because the melody doesn't come from the melody track.

Spoiler mode bug still exists and have to trigger it twice before each game to prevent it. Geez.

Still no return of the older Tennogen. Mag Prime still being benched. Mag Ferro helmet is like used in almost every trailer and Switch players can't have it. (Part of the reason why I put more effort in getting Octavia because of the Diva skin I got for that blunder they made when they recalled tennogen)

I'm starting to run low on plat. While I do some corrupted mod farming and it's not really hard for me, I can't see myself trying to farm for money basically. My time is precious and I'm better off just buying some plat with money because I just make a lot more money in 1 hour in real life, than 1 hour of farming in game. Tennocon deal seems to be the most plat per buck right now, even though there's no way I can use the baro ticket correctly (because I'm always low on ducats and credits).

Game is still free.

Looking forward to the free Nekros Prime (for Switch players, this is the first time we can get it). Still waiting on Valkyr Prime. Didn't bother farming Volt or Loki Prime.

Wait, was there recently a new big update?

Last time I played was this weekend, and I didn't notice any new update.

Also, that Nekros Prime...droll

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Snatched 1000 platinum. I didn't think there was ever going to be a platinum discount but here it is. And Mag Ferro tennogen finally returned! My Mag looking good again :)

(tennogen doesn't use those in-game discount coupons so there was no need to wait)

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Hey everyone! A new update just came out that lowers the size from 22 to 15GB. I just loaded up and will see if there are any performance/visual improvements as well!

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
As always, the frame rate in places like Cetus is a little rough, but it looks a little better and image quality may have been improved. It might be placebo though. I'll check around more to see if that holds.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna finally jump in to warframe in about an hours time. Looking forward to the apparently awful new player experience.

This will either be a 5 hour or 85 hour game for me I think. I wonder which it'll be.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna finally jump in to warframe in about an hours time. Looking forward to the apparently awful new player experience.

This will either be a 5 hour or 855 hour game for me I think. I wonder which it'll be.

Corrected :)

The game starts slow. Try to clear out a few planets before deciding you are done

I downloaded this last fall , went through the tutorial and didn't know what to do after so I stopped.. I finally "got it" a few.months later when I went back and cleared more of the game content after the tutorials.

This post is a good outline of what you may expect to exprrience

Last edited:

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Finding the 'click' to make the switch from "What am I doing?" to "I get it now" is important.

Instead of giving a thousand suggestions, I'll share my click:

Find the first weapon that you really like. Fortunately for me that was the often suggested 'Hek', which is a powerful shotgun with a low mastery rank requirement. It might be for you too. Since it's a MR4 weapon, you need to train other weapons to raise your mastery. Once a weapon is maxed to 30, you can usually sell it to open up a slot, though some weapons cannot be gotten again. MK1 weapons don't require crafting time or materials, just some credits and are safe sells, so they are good mastery training weapons to reach a higher MR.

Afterwards you buy the blueprint of the weapon you want to make. Then if you don't have it yet, farm the materials needed to craft the weapon. Craft said weapon and see if you enjoy it. Once you found a weapon that seems to be really awesome, you start farming or upgrading mods for that weapon to make it stronger.

This loop of satisfaction of getting your favorite thing into something even more awesome, is pretty much the REAL gameplay loop of Warframe. Over 500+ hours and this is still what continuously drives me. My current goal is to farm Wisp. Alongside there's still certain mods I'm farming to upgrade my favorite weapons. Some of my weapons and warframes are upgraded several times to allow more mod capacity, so I can slot in better combination of mods. Always busy improving and from time to time I just see that new weapon and I'm like... "Wait, can't I make that really really awesome too? It would be perfect with this and that frame...." and I'm off on several farming sessions again. "Farming" in this case is just playing with a space ninja with all my existing setups, so it's obviously super satisfying because I upgraded my favorite Warframe with my favorite weapons. And each time you add something to the arsenal, you get more options. Due to so many mission types, you end up wanting a lot of things because rarely one setup is efficient for all mission types.

There's also another click that applies to almost every Warframe player and that's much later in the game, but I can't go into detail. Once you reach it, you will know it and you will think "yeah okay, this is the best game ever, I can't stop now".

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Mine early on was learning the movement

Even realizing clicking left stick to sprint , then learning bullet jumps then learning I could wall jump and move vertically and then I could string these together and take a breather by latching on to walls and pillars in between movements .

The graceful movement through a corridor on a mission is sometimes as much fun as doing shooty shooty bang bang stuff.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all, I didn't get much time to play yesterday and so only done two missions. It's great so far. I'm really liking the art style, it looks amazing on the switch. The movement is awesome too, looking forward to diving in more this weekend.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, so after mainly playing with Excalibur, I went and farmed for some new frames namely Limbo, Volt and Mag.

Limbo is really really weird and different but I like it! Volt seems nice and I am yet to fully try Mag.

What I noticed was that:

• I am WEAK. I am currently on the Uranus missions, and I am damn weak. I take too long killing enemies (melee and ranged) or at least it seems to me that way? Some missions I wouldn't even be able to complete without Excalibur and Exalted Blade
  • Started messing around with mods and it certainly made me stronger. I only auto equiped them and never fused.
  • Excalibur and Limbo are already Max level (30?) but it is taking a long time to level up Volt and Mag. Those frames are too weak so I figure the best way to level them up is to be carried by other players in void relic runs or going to the first missions?

Any recommendation for my personal dramas?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Chackan

I am fairly new myself, but a frame you should farm is Rhino, comes from the Jackal assasination on Venus

It makes thing easier as its a tanky frame and it is a frame you'll keep for soloing and doing other things. I still use it in Nightmare (no shield) missions

Last edited: