• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 16, 2022
There's a reasonably active Era crew that plays, we mostly chill on discord though. It's not a huge group but those of us who are active are pretty consistently so. Given how long it has been around, it's likely the same discord linked in the OP. Or one of the OPs anyway, pretty sure I joined from the Switch thread back in the day.
Sadly it says "link expired" when you click on it now. If anyone's kind enough to send an invite, I'd be more than happy to join even just to talk about the game.

Feb 16, 2022
I'm just hanging around the WF General Forums and butted head with an asshole spouting some fucked up bigotry under the guise of "narrative criticism", and apparently has been doing so for a while without getting moderated, and instead had their posts liked by a number of people in the forums. Real fucking sucks seeing that. I guess I should just stay away from that cesspool.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Caught up with the Prime frames: Baruuk, Grendel, Hildryn, Revenant and Wisp are building. Now for the weapons.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this is a first

TS.png

Helixx-gaf

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern PA
Wow, good to see folks still here. I second the comment that the Discord link is broken. I thought I still had it in my list but I guess it got deleted in an overzealous Discord purge on my part. Any chance of a new link? Also I merged my accounts (PS4 and PC) so things are looking up. I missed all of my old PS4 stuff. Nickname is "Gewbber" if someone could send me a Clan invite? Is there still a clan? Aiiieee soo much to re-learn but it looks like a LOT of cool stuff has been added.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, good to see folks still here. I second the comment that the Discord link is broken. I thought I still had it in my list but I guess it got deleted in an overzealous Discord purge on my part. Any chance of a new link? Also I merged my accounts (PS4 and PC) so things are looking up. I missed all of my old PS4 stuff. Nickname is "Gewbber" if someone could send me a Clan invite? Is there still a clan? Aiiieee soo much to re-learn but it looks like a LOT of cool stuff has been added.
The PS4 clan's discord was a bit of a failed experiment, so there's no point in generating a new link. A new thread would probably make more sense, though it doesn't seem like there's anything that could get this forum interested in talking about ye olde Warframe.

The clan itself is still very much around, and you should have an invite waiting for you.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a Kuva Nukor, looking forward to seeing how it is.

Now to unlock all the other Kuva and Tenet weapons and the last two Duviri weapons. Oh and Arum Spinosa... and Aeolak... and Hespar + Verdilac. Still missing a few primes and the Feverspine to get MR too, not sure if that'll get me to LR3/4.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Been curious about Kuva Nukor for a while... put like 1k hours+ into the game since closed beta and never killed a lich lol. My trusty Epitaph will carry me.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Been curious about Kuva Nukor for a while... put like 1k hours+ into the game since closed beta and never killed a lich lol. My trusty Epitaph will carry me.
Yeah, I've only got a few as the whole process is a bit annoying to deal with. Think it was around the release of the liches I stopped playing as much due to it. Having to forma every single one 5 times is frustrating too, especially if you don't like the weapon.

I've barely touched the archon shards, helminth and incarnon stuff either, so that's more things I'm behind/not sure on.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've only got a few as the whole process is a bit annoying to deal with. Think it was around the release of the liches I stopped playing as much due to it. Having to forma every single one 5 times is frustrating too, especially if you don't like the weapon.

I've barely touched the archon shards, helminth and incarnon stuff either, so that's more things I'm behind/not sure on.
I think the Helminth/Shard and incarnon are well worth it, and not quite as coplex/drawn out as they might seem at first.

If you want some help with it let me know, would be happy to run through some of this stuff in-game.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
I think the Helminth/Shard and incarnon are well worth it, and not quite as coplex/drawn out as they might seem at first.

If you want some help with it let me know, would be happy to run through some of this stuff in-game.
I get it now, but as you can only get 1/2 per week, I'm behind on the acquisition of them. I put them all into Wisp so far. Still need to get some rep for WitW for the combination section too. Incarnon wise I've done steel circuit for Torid, should probably get some more. Thanks for the offer though, might take you up on it for the Helminth stuff as I'm never sure what to infuse into what, or what to replace.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I get it now, but as you can only get 1/2 per week, I'm behind on the acquisition of them. I put them all into Wisp so far. Still need to get some rep for WitW for the combination section too. Incarnon wise I've done steel circuit for Torid, should probably get some more. Thanks for the offer though, might take you up on it for the Helminth stuff as I'm never sure what to infuse into what, or what to replace.
Well, for Wisp her 4 is pretty useless. A good replacement is something like Nourish, Roar, any kind of damage buff really.

I also personally like 1-2 cast speed shards on Wisp as her cast is quite long for, the rest Ability strength.

You already have one of the best weapons in the game (Torid Incarnon), too!

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Well, for Wisp her 4 is pretty useless. A good replacement is something like Nourish, Roar, any kind of damage buff really.

I also personally like 1-2 cast speed shards on Wisp as her cast is quite long for, the rest Ability strength.

You already have one of the best weapons in the game (Torid Incarnon), too!
Ah, I replaced her 2 for Roar. and Put what, mainly red, shards I had on her. Guess I can swap them out.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I replaced her 2 for Roar. and Put what, mainly red, shards I had on her. Guess I can swap them out.
Her 2 is amazing.

Not only for mobility, but it helps survive. It also sends out a second Breach Surge from the ghost as it travels if you hit her 3 after, so you can cover even more ground with it. I'd consider swapping those around, but totally up to you.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
So finally I am able to play my switch account on pc and instantly , I could clear the points I was stuck on of the star map.
I think I am still in the ERA clan by the name of "ayatan ranch" or somthing like that ? But I also left the discord last year'ish and would appreaciate to jump back in. Since I am on pc now anyways.
A question , for crafting I need the unstable "argon crystal"
I know where to farm them but how do I do it ?
I barely can farm one per round and after two rounds the first one is already decayed

thanks yor the support!

Feb 16, 2022
So finally I am able to play my switch account on pc and instantly , I could clear the points I was stuck on of the star map.
I think I am still in the ERA clan by the name of "ayatan ranch" or somthing like that ? But I also left the discord last year'ish and would appreaciate to jump back in. Since I am on pc now anyways.
A question , for crafting I need the unstable "argon crystal"
I know where to farm them but how do I do it ?
I barely can farm one per round and after two rounds the first one is already decayed

thanks yor the support!
Argon decays every 24 hours, the math is here if you're curious:
warframe.fandom.com

Argon Crystal

Argon Crystals are a rare resource that drops in the Orokin Void tileset, Isolation Vault Bonus stage and from certain Assassination targets. Unlike other resources, Argon Crystals decay after a period of time. After this period the resources will disappear from the user's inventory and must be...

As a side note, the Warframe wiki is pretty informative and comprehensive, so it's a nice resource to peruse.

As for farming Argon, you just have to keep repeating those Void missions and pray you're lucky. If you can, getting a Resource Booster helps a lot since it doubles any resource drops. Argon is a tricky one to farm thanks to the decaying mechanics. I swear at one point I had nothing I could use an Argon for and somehow I got 40+ stockpiled.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
and with that Nightwave Vol 5 is done, wasn't 100% everything week to week and no end date set yet so there's a good amount of leeway to get it done i'd say.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
The PS4 clan's discord was a bit of a failed experiment, so there's no point in generating a new link. A new thread would probably make more sense, though it doesn't seem like there's anything that could get this forum interested in talking about ye olde Warframe.

The clan itself is still very much around, and you should have an invite waiting for you.

Is the Ayatan RAnch discord still around , which was used for the PC and/or Switch Clan?
Is there an active warframe ERA discord atm?
If so, I would be very happy about an invite :)

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
I have not played this game since 2017, around the time when the Plains of Eidolon update dropped, will some kind folks give me the rundown of what/how the game has changed since then? I remember feeling overwhelmed by that update because they were just so many things to do and kinda just dropped it.

I hopped back into the game and just did a Kuva Flood mission solo using Excalibur Umbra and I was amazed at how fun the gameplay is after all these years. I do have a few questions though:

1. Melee channeling used to be a big thing back then, I read that it has been replaced by Heavy Attacks now. How do they work exactly? I miss launching energy waves across the map to snipe enemies and recover health while channeling Exalted Blade lol.
  2. Do melee quick strikes not exist anymore? When I perform a melee attack it automatically equips my melee weapon which is different from how it worked in the past as your primary or secondary weapon stays equipped. I got confused a few times when I activated Exalted Blade and could start firing my guns because I was hitting the aim button.
  3. Do the new Eximus changes make them better now? The old one had this energy leech variant which was really annoying and cheap because getting near them accidentally would drain your entire energy reserves which is certain death when using some Warframes.
  4. Are the old farming hotspots/ strats still a thing? (Ceres Dark Sector Defense farm, Mag Greedy Pull for the party, Mesa Peacemaker memes)
  5. I suppose most weapons when well modded can still get the job done for most of the content in the game, so OP or meta weapons in the past like Soma Prime/ Amprex are still good.
  6. Are there still more large open zones like the Plains of Eidolon since then?

katagai

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. Melee channeling used to be a big thing back then, I read that it has been replaced by Heavy Attacks now. How do they work exactly? I miss launching energy waves across the map to snipe enemies and recover health while channeling Exalted Blade lol.

Melee weapons use a "combo" system now, where each hit on an enemy increases a numerical counter at the bottom right of your screen. Once you pass specific tiers, you'll gain a damage multiplier on (most) melee attacks. This combo counter (and multiplier) will reset by default if you use a heavy attack or don't land another melee attack in a certain amount of time (the timer is that shrinking white bar by the counter). There are various warframe abilities, focus schools, mods, and weapon perks that you can utilize to make gaining combo faster, last almost forever, or in few specific cases, never go away.

2. Do melee quick strikes not exist anymore? When I perform a melee attack it automatically equips my melee weapon which is different from how it worked in the past as your primary or secondary weapon stays equipped. I got confused a few times when I activated Exalted Blade and could start firing my guns because I was hitting the aim button.

They changed this a few years back to make it easier to switch between your gun and melee weapon. If you wish to stay on your melee weapon and not switch to a gun when aiming, hold the switch weapon key/button until you see a little bright flash on your warframe. That will signify that you're in "melee only" mode. You can reset this by pressing the switch weapon key/button again.

3. Do the new Eximus changes make them better now? The old one had this energy leech variant which was really annoying and cheap because getting near them accidentally would drain your entire energy reserves which is certain death when using some Warframes.

If you had no problem killing them before the changes, then they still aren't that much of a threat. They did become a much larger threat for new players and had to be adjusted a few times because of that. As for the energy leech variant, it still exists but now has a more telegraphed attack where it will spawn a blue/purple bubble on you that will pop after 1-2 seconds. As long as you get out of range of the bubble, you won't get hit by the energy drain when it pops. If you're using a warframe that utilizes overguard (Frost, Rhino, Styanax, Kullervo), you have status immunity and can just ignore it alltogether.

4. Are the old farming hotspots/ strats still a thing? (Ceres Dark Sector Defense farm, Mag Greedy Pull for the party, Mesa Peacemaker memes)

I'm mostly a solo player so I can't say whether those specific farms are still a thing, but people still farm Helene and Hydron defense for leveling warframes and weapons. Depending on what it is you need, there likely is a specific location that people gravitate to. As for strats, that obviously depends on the mission type. I know that in the case of defense, players are so strong nowadays that enemies get obliterated quite easily, so having a Nova with negative strength will allow her to make enemies run faster to the defense target and thus die faster.

5. I suppose most weapons when well modded can still get the job done for most of the content in the game, so OP or meta weapons in the past like Soma Prime/ Amprex are still good.

In most cases, if you're playing on the normal path (the normal difficulty star chart), most well modded weapons will work just fine. Once you start doing the higher end normal missions and the Steel Path, you'll probably find that isn't the case anymore and will have to be more selective with the weapons you use.

If you need a stronger gun:

As part of the "Angels of the Zariman" update, they introduced a new set of a weapons called "Incarnons" that transform after landing headshots/getting a high enough combo counter and using the alt fire/heavy attack button. When an incarnon weapon transforms, they change firing mode (in the case of guns) or get some new special effect (in the case of melee weapons). The original 4 incarnon weapons (rifle, pistol, shotgun and dagger) are easy to acquire and are pretty much the baseline for meta weapons.

If you're looking for an easy to get melee weapon, a highly recommended one is the Xoris, a glaive you get for free as part of "The Deadlock Protocol" quest.

6. Are there still more large open zones like the Plains of Eidolon since then?

Since then, there have been 3 more open worlds:
  • Orb Vallis, Venus
  • Cambion Drift, Deimos
  • The Plains of Duviri

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Melee weapons use a "combo" system now, where each hit on an enemy increases a numerical counter at the bottom right of your screen. Once you pass specific tiers, you'll gain a damage multiplier on (most) melee attacks. This combo counter (and multiplier) will reset by default if you use a heavy attack or don't land another melee attack in a certain amount of time (the timer is that shrinking white bar by the counter). There are various warframe abilities, focus schools, mods, and weapon perks that you can utilize to make gaining combo faster, last almost forever, or in few specific cases, never go away.

They changed this a few years back to make it easier to switch between your gun and melee weapon. If you wish to stay on your melee weapon and not switch to a gun when aiming, hold the switch weapon key/button until you see a little bright flash on your warframe. That will signify that you're in "melee only" mode. You can reset this by pressing the switch weapon key/button again.

If you had no problem killing them before the changes, then they still aren't that much of a threat. They did become a much larger threat for new players and had to be adjusted a few times because of that. As for the energy leech variant, it still exists but now has a more telegraphed attack where it will spawn a blue/purple bubble on you that will pop after 1-2 seconds. As long as you get out of range of the bubble, you won't get hit by the energy drain when it pops. If you're using a warframe that utilizes overguard (Frost, Rhino, Styanax, Kullervo), you have status immunity and can just ignore it alltogether.

I'm mostly a solo player so I can't say whether those specific farms are still a thing, but people still farm Helene and Hydron defense for leveling warframes and weapons. Depending on what it is you need, there likely is a specific location that people gravitate to. As for strats, that obviously depends on the mission type. I know that in the case of defense, players are so strong nowadays that enemies get obliterated quite easily, so having a Nova with negative strength will allow her to make enemies run faster to the defense target and thus die faster.

In most cases, if you're playing on the normal path (the normal difficulty star chart), most well modded weapons will work just fine. Once you start doing the higher end normal missions and the Steel Path, you'll probably find that isn't the case anymore and will have to be more selective with the weapons you use.

If you need a stronger gun:

As part of the "Angels of the Zariman" update, they introduced a new set of a weapons called "Incarnons" that transform after landing headshots/getting a high enough combo counter and using the alt fire/heavy attack button. When an incarnon weapon transforms, they change firing mode (in the case of guns) or get some new special effect (in the case of melee weapons). The original 4 incarnon weapons (rifle, pistol, shotgun and dagger) are easy to acquire and are pretty much the baseline for meta weapons.

If you're looking for an easy to get melee weapon, a highly recommended one is the Xoris, a glaive you get for free as part of "The Deadlock Protocol" quest.

Since then, there have been 3 more open worlds:
  • Orb Vallis, Venus
  • Cambion Drift, Deimos
  • The Plains of Duviri
Thanks for sharing! I play the game mostly solo as well and I really enjoyed how you could just play the game at your own pace, provided that you are well geared for the missions. I see that Hydron is still a popular place for farming with the Nova strat people have used in the past too.

I gotta look more into the new changes that they have added to combat such as Overguard and the frames that have it, the new QoL changes such as shield gating are nice in high difficulty content as I still remember the days of how you could just get downed in one shot by high level Grineer snipers and there was nothing you could do about them.

I have yet to start any of the new quest so I'm excited to see what they have to offer. Are the new warframes easy to acquire now? I popped into my dojo and didn't see any of the new ones that could be researched so I assume the means of acquiring them are still the same as ever like random drops from loot tables.

katagai

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing! I play the game mostly solo as well and I really enjoyed how you could just play the game at your own pace, provided that you are well geared for the missions. I see that Hydron is still a popular place for farming with the Nova strat people have used in the past too.

I gotta look more into the new changes that they have added to combat such as Overguard and the frames that have it, the new QoL changes such as shield gating are nice in high difficulty content as I still remember the days of how you could just get downed in one shot by high level Grineer snipers and there was nothing you could do about them.

I have yet to start any of the new quest so I'm excited to see what they have to offer. Are the new warframes easy to acquire now? I popped into my dojo and didn't see any of the new ones that could be researched so I assume the means of acquiring them are still the same as ever like random drops from loot tables.
Its a mixed bag of them being gated by quests or drops from specific missions/bounties. The newer ones tend to have a pity system that let you buy the blueprints you're missing with whatever currency/resource drops from that specific bounty/mission. I believe the only new ones that comes from the dojo are Dagath and Yareli, and while both require a specific room to be built to purchase their blueprints, Yareli's dojo room is gated by the quest "The Waverider". I don't believe Dagath's dojo room has any specific requirements to be built.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I don't remember any of them being particularly difficult to obtain, the one exception being Caliban, and in that case it was just time consuming and annoying.

Jun 1, 2021
I was looking around for an OT for this game as I've finally got round to trying it out. Overwhelming but very fun so far.

I was surprised to see such little acitvity on here for Warframe. I always thought it was one of the big live service games around.

Is there still a discord for the game? I also notice clans, not sure how they work or if there cross platform / region?