• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god am I glad to see everyone here, although now I'm lost as to who's who! XD Anyway, glad to see everyone made it, now all we need is to rename the clan and we're golden. What a crazy week this has been.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad the thread got set up! Hopefully a bunch of the clan had gotten on here or is planning to in the future.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a reminder, the Twitch stream rewards thing is still going on for a few more days. Take advantage while you can!

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Ivara. The cloak arrow is incredibly useful. I usually shoot one into the ground and just shoot everything in sight while I'm invisible.
But I'm not really sure about the other 3 arrows or the arrow that you control in first person. I'm not sure how useful that can be.
Use it with a covert lethality dagger.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gara Neuroptics elude me, doesnt help that it seems I fail every other bounty literally on loading into the plains

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
If by +dmg type you mean heat, electricity etc dmg then putting on a +status chance mod will make those more effective, if you mean + impact, slash dmg then that's fine as is.
If you already have stance mods for certain weapon types it wouldn't hurt, but assuming you're a relatively new player, I wouldn't put too much emphasis one restricting yourself. Right now you're best bet is to try out a lot of different weapons, hold on to 1 or 2 that you know can handle stuff in case you need something more hard hitting.

Here's my stuff https://imgur.com/a/ainY8
Currently leveling an Oberon so I don't have to rely on that broken mod for healing (give lifesteal T_T)

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it, didn't know how you guys were going to be running this going forward. PC clan is going through rebranding to something neutral. I'll add it later.

I think Plains would fit better mechanically on Pluto, honestly. It's such an odd place on the Earth considering how separate it all is from the starchart and general progress. But they wanted to show off their new setting to the most people possible, so I can kind of understand it.

Edit: uh, hi PS4 thread, don't know why we were merged...

Yeah, it's going neutral as well.

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
I saw it, didn't know how you guys were going to be running this going forward. PC clan is going through rebranding to something neutral. I'll add it later.

I think Plains would fit better mechanically on Pluto, honestly. It's such an odd place on the Earth considering how separate it all is from the starchart and general progress. But they wanted to show off their new setting to the most people possible, so I can kind of understand it.

Edit: uh, hi PS4 thread, don't know why we were merged...
That was my bad. We got a thread merge request and I didn't realize there were separate threads for PC and PS4 versions. I can move your original OP back into its own thread, sorry.

Oct 26, 2017
FYI, I saw this posted on the discord from BoSoxFan;

Still waiting for open forum signups. Any chance of joining the Warframe clan? New to the game and my psn is Dirtdog7

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I feel like I'm kind of reaching the end. I'm getting to the point where I just can't do stuff solo anymore and I guess I'm too far into the more difficult planets that the majority of players never get to so I can't find random players to do 30+ level missions with.

I wish the difficulty scaled to how many players there are, but I don't think it does. And I don't think there are mods out there to push me that much farther that I can actually stand a chance against some of these later levels.

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
Well I feel like I'm kind of reaching the end. I'm getting to the point where I just can't do stuff solo anymore and I guess I'm too far into the more difficult planets that the majority of players never get to so I can't find random players to do 30+ level missions with.

I wish the difficulty scaled to how many players there are, but I don't think it does. And I don't think there are mods out there to push me that much farther that I can actually stand a chance against some of these later levels.

Try increasing the maximum ping for matchmaking in settings. If not that, a prowl ivara with a covert lethality dagger can solo anything in the game pretty easily.

Or just ask people here. If you're on PS4, I'm always down to help.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Frizby lives in the new Era!!!!! Ty Saad for looking out for me.

State of the clan:
  • We have a new forum neutral name - PhoenixRising (to represent the death/split of our home and our reset here)
  • We have a new forum neutral emblem (my avatar), which is pending approval
  • We remain (as far as I'm concerned) the official clan of both forums, and the expectation is that we are respectful all around.
  • I remain forum neutral and continue to read both threads more or less daily.
  • I paid 350p up front for the new name and emblem, and any contributions to offset are appreciated but not expected. Members have donated 111p to date.
  • We have a PSN Community (PhoenixRising) that you can access through my PSN profile (frizby) or find via search (currently 78 members, almost all in the clan).
  • We are very full at the moment, partly due to PoE, and partly due to renewed interest in the forums
  • If you would like a clan invite, just post your PSN in the thread.
  • Be confident that I'll clear space for everyone who posts, but it may be a day or two before anyone is at sufficient days offline that I'm comforatable kicking them
  • If you ever take an extended break, and I kick you, a reinvite is never a problem, just post.
  • Higher Mastery Rank players get more flexibility for days offline, because they almost always come back.
  • Anyone who logs in at least every 10 days has a near zero percent chance of being kicked.
  • We currently have a capacity of 100 (Storm) and the next tier is 300 (mountain).
  • We have no plans to expand, as we've seen busy times come and go, but I'm open to discussion on the matter.
  • All members have permissions to invite when there's space, and we do allow non forum members (friends and such). We just happen to be full right now. It will pass.
  • Your rank in the clan is based almost entirely on Mastery Rank to avoid any cliques or favoritism (current promotions happen at ~MR 5, 10, 15, 19 and 23)
  • KneelBeforeSaad is running the clan Discord
Please feel free to use any of that for the OP with full permission to edit at your discretion.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support!

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

Still waiting for open forum signups. Any chance of joining the Warframe clan? New to the game and my psn is Dirtdog7

Please let them know that I'll likely get them in the next 3-4 days. We're packed at the moment. Ty!

Edit: and please invite me to the Discord. I'm in the other one already. frizby#9901

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 questions-

Do mods stack? If I have Rush(+30% sprint speed) and Armored Agility(+15% sprint speed and +45% armor) will that stack?

Is there a mod to regenerate ability energy? There are some missions where your ability energy stays at zero but I've seen people use some of their abilities. I'm guessing that's a mod.

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
2 questions-

Do mods stack? If I have Rush(+30% sprint speed) and Armored Agility(+15% sprint speed and +45% armor) will that stack?

Is there a mod to regenerate ability energy? There are some missions where your ability energy stays at zero but I've seen people use some of their abilities. I'm guessing that's a mod.

Yes. The only mods you can't stack are more than one of the same, including primed varians. So you can't have two continuities or a continuity and a primed continuity.

Also yes on the latter. It's an aura called energy siphon. You can either trade for one (I *might* have an extra if you're PS4) or can keep an eye on alerts for one. You can also download the Warframe app and set filters for alert rewards for push notifications.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strangelove77
Yeah those will stack. Only mods of the same name can't be used twice. Or you have a primed mod you can't use the normal one too.

Energy siphon is an aura that regens up to 1 energy per sec. Auras are alert only but I or one other vets here could probably give you one.

Also welcome frizby.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
2 questions-

Yes, mods stack. All math applies as it should to all mods unless something is capped. Efficiency is capped at 75%, but otherwise most everything is pretty straightforward. The output of your four core attributes (efficiency, duration, strength and range) is shown in the box on the left in the mod menu.

There is an aura mod (Energy Siphon) that gives 1 energy per second. Syndicate weapons from Cephalon Suda give you 25% of base energy when they proc. The Zenurik focus school gives you 4 energy/sec passively over time (will change soon on PS4). And people also drop energy restore pads, which is likely what you're seeing in game. You get the BPs for the pads from Perrin Sequence and Arbiters of Hexis.

Edit: Wow...3 responses in 2 minutes...service!!!

Last edited:

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it was pretty great. Unfortunately it's been nerfed, so having multiple streams open doesn't get you multiple rewards.

I had no idea they nerfed it. I've been having multiple streams up trying to get the vectis prime with out luck. I've gotten everything else multiple times with over a 1000 rewards. :(

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
2 questions-

Speaking of which an alert with energy siphon is up now, Strangelove77

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up the game a few days ago in prep for PoE and I've started playing a Valkyr. Is there any specific weapon that seems to work best with her? I've been using the Axe that comes free with Prime and while it feels good to get hits with I have trouble closing the distance on enemies with it.

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Gara Neuroptics elude me, doesnt help that it seems I fail every other bounty literally on loading into the plains

I know that feel on both counts. Except for me it's the chassis. I've gotten and built every other part, I have all the materials to build it, I'm just waiting for that drop to come.

Also, did the PC community not make it over? I know there's the Plains thread in the main forum, but this place seems a bit more lively.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I am? the discord server is not related to the PC clan. :)

I gave kneel admin rights to the server btw.

MB. I thought you'd taken the pc guys up on their offer. And cool you guys are getting together. I actually enjoyed messing around on Discord yesterday...even if we're chatting in a ton of places, it has some advantages.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So I picked up the game a few days ago in prep for PoE and I've started playing a Valkyr. Is there any specific weapon that seems to work best with her? I've been using the Axe that comes free with Prime and while it feels good to get hits with I have trouble closing the distance on enemies with it.

What I find when I play Valkyr is that enemies get killed by casters or weapons before I can even get to them in 90% of the game. It's one of the reasons I don't play her. If you're looking for a melee with more reach, I'd suggest Galatine Prime or one of the War variants. You'll get Broken War with a catalyst installed at the end of the Second Dream quest. There are also a bunch of good polearms.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

Following up on this one. Invite for Imetrus had been sitting for several days, so I cleared it and sent one to Dirtdog7.

Imetrus, if you see this and still want in the clan, please post.

Until PoE, I strongly suggest everyone log in at least once per week.

Soxfan

Oct 27, 2017
This is Dirtdog7. Thanks again for the invite. Is it best to finish all the nodes with my starting Warframe or should I switch to a new one as soon as I hit Master 30 with my starter?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Np. In the early game, try to be leveling new frames as often as possible for mastery, and if you're struggling with a node, Rhino is always a solid fallback.

Hopefully you got a Frost Prime from Twitch.

Soxfan

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get a chance to get extra warframes. Just trying to play for free and see how far it gets me. I can see spending money on it later on though

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get a chance to get extra warframes. Just trying to play for free and see how far it gets me. I can see spending money on it later on though

You can build every frame for free, the only thing is limiting you is slots, which do cost plat. But if you want to get into trading, you can pick up mods/prime parts and trade those for plat. You never have to spend a penny if you don't want to!

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
"Free" as in pay for Twitch Prime, no? Or does the trial still give the items?

And Friz, I might need you for another attempt some time soon at that riven if that's cool with you.

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
...Hm. to wait until it rotates off of Frost Prime or not...

Are the weapons decent or nah?

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
...Hm. to wait until it rotates off of Frost Prime or not...

Are the weapons decent or nah?

Soma Prime is great, though I don't think it does very high level missions well, it will easily take you through the start chart. I highly recommend it, and since it's vaulted right now this is the easiest way to get it.

OP
OP
Laille

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
Soma Prime is great, though I don't think it does very high level missions well, it will easily take you through the start chart. I highly recommend it, and since it's vaulted right now this is the easiest way to get it.

Don't need to get through the star chart though. At MR12 and starting to build to endgame stuff so it sounds like I may be better off waiting then.

Already have a maxed Frost Prime so that's a wash.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Soma Prime is my favorite assault rifle. I don't use it too much because Tigris is still disgusting, but it's really good and definitely worth the trouble.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see a Warframe OT here for us. I haven't been playing much these last few weeks but I plan to dive back in once we get PoE.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, can somebody explain to me how to get into the clan? I read frizby's post but I still dont get it. Thanks