• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Minor clan news: I'm doing some streamlining in the dojo...pulling everything closer to the main spawn.

Edited for change of plan...

Main floor: The Tenno and Orokin Labs will be in the Main Hall, and the Bio, Chem and Energy Labs will be in the "Loki Room" right behind the spawn, so all functional labs will be as close as possible to spawn. The next room over will be the water/lantern garden with the nice skybox (my personal favorite room), and it will have Dueling, Oracle, and Observatory, and that will be it for the main floor...all functional, convenient and space efficient.

Upstairs: All Zen Gardens...all decorative...all for fun...probably expanding over time. I'll include a duplicate of the current room next to the main hall that I know a lot of you like, and Shiki, your garden will probably be the first Zen Garden...maybe the second.

Downstairs: Will remain more or less as-is...Treasury, reactor farm and lesser halls that can't be deleted. Thanks to whoever just funded all of the decorations in the Treasury. Resources are much appreciated.

Last edited:

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
Is there someone who wants to play this with me. I really want to immerse myself in this game but it feels like this game is meant to be played with people.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Reset Era Clan update:

Most of the important work in the dojo is done. The 5 labs and their transporters are set up, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm just waiting for the Dueling Room and the Observatory to finish building, and then I can finish up.

The Zen Gardens upstairs are coming along nicely, but it might be a while before they're all decorated and painted.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
ImmortalBlueFist on ps4. Let me know when you usually play. Thanks!

Invite sent. Welcome! After you accept, check your foundry, under keys, to build your dojo key.

We almost always have a few people online in the clan. We're not the most chatty bunch in-game, but if you ask in clan chat for help, someone will most likely help.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to say thanks again to everyone who helped me finally finish off the last of the star chart. Y'all are the best.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I just started playing this game last week. MR3 (on the brink of 4). Still pretty new to the game. Can I get an invite please?

PSN: XxBladez64xX

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Oh snap I forgot about that, lol. I accepted invitation to a clan yesterday without reading (thinking it was an invitation to a mission). Ok I will leave this evening when I get home.

Invite sent. Welcome! Look for your dojo key blueprint in your foundry.

Invite also still pending for Redowl. Suggest you accept soon because space will get tight when Fortuna drops.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Question, how do you guys get Orikon Catalysts and Reactors? I didn't even know I had one near the start of the game. I was using the Auto-Equip mod action and used a Catalyst on my Exalted Blade rather than on my main Weapon (Boltor for now, although I am building a Hek in my foundry at the moment).

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Question, how do you guys get Orikon Catalysts and Reactors? I didn't even know I had one near the start of the game. I was using the Auto-Equip mod action and used a Catalyst on my Exalted Blade rather than on my main Weapon (Boltor for now, although I am building a Hek in my foundry at the moment).

From alerts and invasion missions. After most devstreams they do "gifts from the lotus" alerts that are generally geared towards newer players that award catalysts or reactors

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I've got so many Catalysts and Reactors stacked up now I'm not sure when I'll actually need more, lol. Quite a change from a year or so ago when I was constantly hurting for them (or at least Catalysts).

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

There's currently a 24 hour reactor alert up...a "gift from the lotus" as amon mentioned.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017

From alerts and invasion missions. After most devstreams they do "gifts from the lotus" alerts that are generally geared towards newer players that award catalysts or reactors

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was deadly worried about WoW new patch exatly hitting at the same time as PS4's Fortuna, thanks for being greedy Blizzard

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I don't usually look ahead on updates, but this is a big one. I figured we could compare notes on the most efficient way to proceed. Here's my plan so far:

- Make sure to have 3500 Kuva before update to build Garuda
- Get Nagantaka BP in market and build
- Start/fund 3 Dojo research weapons (Energy Lab)
- Start first new dojo pigment (Tenno Lab) (another purple!)
- Do Vox Solaris quest
- Grind bounties for standing and debt bonds (25 Training from tier 1, 42 Shelter from tier 2, 35 Medical from tier 3, 25 Advances from Tier 4 and 10 Familial from Tier 5)
- Hopefully get Garuda parts and a few levels of standing in the process
- Figure out which freebies to take at each level up (mining tool first?)

After Nagentaka, I'll be less than one weapon from MR 26, so I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to get a weapon/moa/sentinel. Any ideas are welcome. I feel like the basic Moa might be the quickest.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the logical standing rewards should be the mining tool and the spears, K drives will take its time and Garuda needs tier 4/3 recipes to be crafted but I heard is easy to farm her pieces, Moa, Kit guns and k drives will be build last until you have all the recipes.

I would probably build them for MR with the lowest cheapest resources, even youtubers have no idea how to build them since there is no end game to test them or a necessity to use them

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Suggest our core vets run Nekros as much as possible in early bounties to help fund dojo research. It looks like the weapons take new resources.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
All this sounds so complicated. I swear I love Warframe so far, but it is not kind to new players. I'm just doing what I think I need to be doing: Clearing out planet missions (I'm on Mars right now, and just got access to Phobos), leveling up weapons, and I'm just building my first other Warframe (Rhino...I have to wait until Wednesday or so since it takes freaking 72 hours lol).

Oh and I already ran out of weapon slots. I don't know if I should buy new slots with the 50 Platinum I started with. Have to figure out a way to get Platinum in this game.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this sounds so complicated. I swear I love Warframe so far, but it is not kind to new players. I'm just doing what I think I need to be doing: Clearing out planet missions (I'm on Mars right now, and just got access to Phobos), leveling up weapons, and I'm just building my first other Warframe (Rhino...I have to wait until Wednesday or so since it takes freaking 72 hours lol).

Oh and I already ran out of weapon slots. I don't know if I should buy new slots with the 50 Platinum I started with. Have to figure out a way to get Platinum in this game.
Don't worry about the complexity, you'll figure it out as you go along doing what you are doing.

Yes, slots are a good use for the 50 starter plat, as for making more, it's easy, there are a number of ways you can get plat for selling things that you can acrue through gameplay, prime parts from relics being one of them, and rare(r) mods another.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

I haven't posted starter tips in a while...might help a bit.
  • You don't need to spend money on this game, ever, but if you want to support it, that's admirable
  • The wiki is super helpful. http://warframe.wikia.com
  • Use your starter and PS plus plat on Warframe slots and ONLY Warframe slots...yes, all of it...just do it now
  • Plug away on the star chart to get the planets open and get access to alerts
  • Get an alerts app for your phone and set it for BPs and mods so you know when good stuff pops up
  • Most planet bosses award frame parts. Stop at each one, and repeat to get the 3 parts. Build them as you get resources and level to 30 but check for prime versions before overinvesting
  • Start running fissures for primes and forma as you get relics, and look out for defense and interception fissures, which give more relics
  • Always have a forma building, and always do alerts for Nitain Extract. Ask for an invite in recruiting or clan chat if you don't have access. You'll thank me later.
  • Join a clan and get some help on party chat, if possible. Ours is a great clan IMO.
  • Familiarize youself with Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors via the wiki, and ask here before applying any.
  • Most weapons you have access to right now are pretty disposable. Level them to 30 and clear the weapon slots.
  • Plan your way through this chart as you build weapons, because some are used to build others, and you don't want to build or get rid of anything prematurely. One more was just added (Bolto and Viper used to build Hysterix). Edit...a bit dated...there's also a new melee that uses a Galatine.
  • Remember that items in your foundry don't take up inventory slots until you claim them. Use that to your advantage.

Also, update is live. 8.8 GB

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't posted starter tips in a while...might help a bit.
  • You don't need to spend money on this game, ever, but if you want to support it, that's admirable
  • The wiki is super helpful. http://warframe.wikia.com
  • Use your starter and PS plus plat on Warframe slots and ONLY Warframe slots...yes, all of it...just do it now
  • Plug away on the star chart to get the planets open and get access to alerts
  • Get an alerts app for your phone and set it for BPs and mods so you know when good stuff pops up
  • Most planet bosses award frame parts. Stop at each one, and repeat to get the 3 parts. Build them as you get resources and level to 30 but check for prime versions before overinvesting
  • Start running fissures for primes and forma as you get relics, and look out for defense and interception fissures, which give more relics
  • Always have a forma building, and always do alerts for Nitain Extract. Ask for an invite in recruiting or clan chat if you don't have access. You'll thank me later.
  • Join a clan and get some help on party chat, if possible. Ours is a great clan IMO.
  • Familiarize youself with Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors via the wiki, and ask here before applying any.
  • Most weapons you have access to right now are pretty disposable. Level them to 30 and clear the weapon slots.
  • Plan your way through this chart as you build weapons, because some are used to build others, and you don't want to build or get rid of anything prematurely. One more was just added (Bolto and Viper used to build Hysterix). Edit...a bit dated...there's also a new melee that uses a Galatine.
  • Remember that items in your foundry don't take up inventory slots until you claim them. Use that to your advantage.

Also, update is live. 8.8 GB
Thanks for all the tips! Question: I don't have PS+. If I get it in the future, will I still have access to the free Plats since I already started playing?

I already joined the clan too! I probably don't have access to the game as much as other people since I have to wait until night time to play.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised. Outside of the hitching in the hub area, Fortuna runs pretty great on PS4 Pro. A nice surprise considering PoE ran like dogshit on release.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow it's hard to read the map. Took me almost an hr to find my way back to fortuna. Bounties insta failing if you leave the circle and/or disappearing suck too.

Least I got a resource booster to get more stuff.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Fortuna is kinda above my level right now. I had to revive myself like 2 times everytime I entered the field for a mission haha.

Another question: how do I level up my clan rank? I can't buy anything in the labs. Like how do I contribute to the clan?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Yay Fortuna launched last night. I went in and did a few of the solo missions. It's really beautiful and I can finally use my arch wing without restrictions.

Can I get a re-invited to the clan? Gonna try juggling this and FF XIV.

TheMilkGuy

Oct 27, 2017
Is there space available on the Era clan?
Reading the wiki and there is a lot of stuff that is gated by participating in a clan.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Fortuna is kinda above my level right now. I had to revive myself like 2 times everytime I entered the field for a mission haha.

Another question: how do I level up my clan rank? I can't buy anything in the labs. Like how do I contribute to the clan?

I base clan rank on mastery rank, just to simplify my life and so I don't overlook anybody. Currently: Sergeant at 5, Lieutenant at 10, Captain at 15, Colonel at 20, and General at 25.

Is there space available on the Era clan?
Reading the wiki and there is a lot of stuff that is gated by participating in a clan.

Just need a PSN.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Yay Fortuna launched last night. I went in and did a few of the solo missions. It's really beautiful and I can finally use my arch wing without restrictions.

Can I get a re-invited to the clan? Gonna try juggling this and FF XIV.

Sent. Welcome and welcome back!

I expect space in the clan to tighten up for the next month or so, but we're fine for now and have a few over a month offline that I could easily kick.

TheMilkGuy

Oct 27, 2017
Sent. Welcome and welcome back!

I expect space in the clan to tighten up for the next month or so, but we're fine for now and have a few over a month offline that I could easily kick.
Thanks!! My Rhino finally finished building, it's my second warframe since I started playing it a year ago. I am finally getting the grasp of this game and I am loving it!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!! My Rhino finally finished building, it's my second warframe since I started playing it a year ago. I am finally getting the grasp of this game and I am loving it!
I have a Rhino cooking in the Foundry right now as well. I think I might have fun with him. Some Warframes I'm really looking forward to: Frost, Volt, and Ember. All the elements I guess haha.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Rhino is one of only a few frames that's usable without a reactor installed, and I'd run him that way until the next unvaulting of Rhino Prime. Just give him a bit of range, efficiency and strength...maybe some armor...and go.

You'll probably enjoy the other old school frames as well. I think they're still the best in the game.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I still use Rhino and Ember occasionally. My main now is Inaros, with some Mesa, Harrow for eidolon, and of course my waifu Nova

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Rhino is one of only a few frames that's usable without a reactor installed, and I'd run him that way until the next unvaulting of Rhino Prime. Just give him a bit of range, efficiency and strength...maybe some armor...and go.

You'll probably enjoy the other old school frames as well. I think they're still the best in the game.
Yeah I realized too late that I should have chosen Volt at the start of the game, but he's relatively easy to get. Once I get to Master Rank 5 I can just buy his blueprints from the Tenno Lab.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I still use Rhino and Ember occasionally. My main now is Inaros, with some Mesa, Harrow for eidolon, and of course my waifu Nova

I've been maining Nekros for a while, just getting extra resources for the clan, and he is an absolute beast. Saryn gets a lot of play as well for raw damage, and I still use Loki for a lot of solo sorties.

Yeah I realized too late that I should have chosen Volt at the start of the game, but he's relatively easy to get. Once I get to Master Rank 5 I can just buy his blueprints from the Tenno Lab.

Volt is probably the worst starter choice for that specific reason. Before Excalibur Umbra came out, Excal was the obvious choice, because you could safely put a reactor on him. Now that they all have alternate versions, I'm not sure it matters that much. And I really don't know who to tell people to put their first reactor on...probably whichever prime you get first.

Last edited: