• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I've been maining Nekros for a while, just getting extra resources for the clan, and he is an absolute beast. Saryn gets a lot of play as well for raw damage, and I still use Loki for a lot of solo sorties.

I use Saryn for easy mode on defense and ESO, I haven't really done sorties in a while, the rewards are pretty meh, might as well do arbitration missions.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rhino is (shamefully) still my main nearly 1000 hours in, I am just lazy I guess, but my iron skin build is just so tanky I don't have to think about anything!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Rhino is (shamefully) still my main nearly 1000 hours in, I am just lazy I guess, but my iron skin build is just so tanky I don't have to think about anything!
I started playing him last night, trying to level him up with some defense and survival missions. He is indeed a tank, especially with his second ability. The skill lasts forever and I was taking virtually no damage the entire time I had it activated. I will say that Excalibur's skills are more flashy though, lol. I wanna try Nezha next from the Tenno Lab.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Out of the ones that can be purchased at the Tenno Lab, Nezha and Volt seem the most fun to me, but Wukong and the one that is good in the air (forgot the name) seem pretty fun too. Banshee doesn't seem apt for my play style.

It's counterintuitive, but my advice would be to build the ones with prime versions (Volt/Banshee/Zephyr) first, test drive them for mastery, and clear the Warframe slot. You don't see a lot of people playing Wukong at all, but you do see a few Nezhas, so I'd do Nehza last. Basically, the ones you think you might like and keep...build them last to conserve slots, and that's true across the board. I wouldn't potato any of them.

As for which frames are "best", my take is that the truly elite frames are those with either superior crowd control (examples: Nova, Rhino, Nyx, Banshee, Vauban), survivability (examples: Chroma, Inaros, Nidus, Nekros) or utility for specific mission types (examples: Frost, Loki, Ivara). Limbo has all three, but everyone hates him. Loki has all three and is IMO the best frame in the game, but nobody seems to know it. Those damage dealing caster frames that look fun are great for 98% of the game but will almost all hit a wall in elite content...basically when they stop killing stuff.

Skyw3rd

Oct 30, 2017
A search has been fruitless so I'll just ask. I've gotten back into Warframe but I'm playing on Switch now. Is there a Resetera clan on Switch as of yet?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
My main squad at the mo' is Nidus, Mirage, Harrow and Inaros as my main guy. One of the first things I've done it spend a bunch of plat pimping Inaros out with new cosmetics. I still appreciate the old school frames but I prefer the new breed actually. Will see which new ones I can acquire now to try out.

Sent. Welcome and welcome back!

I expect space in the clan to tighten up for the next month or so, but we're fine for now and have a few over a month offline that I could easily kick.

Thanks! What resources are needed for the lab?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I still appreciate the old school frames but I prefer the new breed actually. Will see which new ones I can acquire now to try out.

My only problem with the newer frames is how much they've backed off on giving them crowd control. They usually have one CC ability, and it's usually pretty limited.

Thanks! What resources are needed for the lab?

We have two more new weapons to research in the Energy Lab (one at a time, unfortunately), and they each take resources from the Fortuna update. Based on what I've seen so far, I doubt we'll have any trouble getting them funded. The first one will be finished researching about 4 hours from now.

The other thing we need is pigments for the new dojo colors. You'll probably get a few randomly, so please just drop them in the Tenno Lab as you get them. When we complete the color, the pigments will disappear from your inventory anyway, so if you don't contribute them they are wasted.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
What are pigments? Is that something I haven't been introduced to yet? I did a few missions in Ceres last night and went to sleep since I was so tired.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Everything is funded for now. I farmed up the last few hundred pigments this morning. I purposefully picked what looked like the hardest color first because everyone would be playing the update at launch. For the next few colors, it's just a matter of folks remembering to drop them off as they get them.

Also one Energy Lab weapon left to fund after the current Ocucor, the Battacor primary. We'll need 100 Venardo Alloy and 10 Thermal Lasers for the research.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
My only problem with the newer frames is how much they've backed off on giving them crowd control. They usually have one CC ability, and it's usually pretty limited.

I just find them more engaging to play mechanically to be honest. The abilities of frames like Harrow and Nidus seem more complex and fun that a lot of the older frames. A lot of those were just: projectile skill, AOE skill, movement/evasive skill and something else. Loki and Vaubaun still rock though.

I've just realised I have been calculating melee damage wrong this whole time. I thought that attack speed number was it for weapon speed but it's not. How do you guys figure out which weapon will output more damage?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Started and funded another dojo color...Conductor Gold. It only took 50 pigments, and they dropped in 10s from Terra Embattor MOAs (those new asshole MOAs with the bounce pads). It took maybe 30 minutes with Nekros.

The purple we just finished is (I think) quite a bit closer to Reset Era purple, so I'll be doing a lot of painting very soon (want to see what this new gold looks like first)

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I have everything to fund the new weapon as soon as it ready in a couple hours.

GG! All three new dojo weapons are funded or researched, so it's just pigments now.

Everyone, I can't emphasize this enough, please contribute whatever random pigments you get every time you play. If you don't contribute them and forget, they just disappear from your inventory, and some poor sap (usually this guy) ends up farming for something you could have just dropped off. Each new color is 1K affinity for the clan.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I just binge-played this the whole weekend and it was amazing. Unlimited arch-wing is such a game-changer for the open world.

Valkyr Prime and Vauban Prime just built so keen to line up some more frames and weapons to level. Want to boost my mastery rank a little.

DE are just amazing. They took a game I already thought was awesome and just keep making it better.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't built an Archewing Launcher yet, but I'm thankful to have a K-drive in the Plains and Fortuna now since it always took forever to traverse.

I currently am very much loving Nidus. I have Nyx and Frost building in the Foundry. Game is feeling like it's picking up, and that's because I already love it!

Today I'mma focus on clearing out Jupiter. So much of my stuff that I have yet to craft require Neural Sensors. :/

How do you start fishing in this game?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Start in cetus, use standing to purchase spears, dye and bait. Equip spear on gear wheel. Then go to any pond, lake, or ocean and choose the spear from your gear wheel, it'll put you in "fishing mode"

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Today I'mma focus on clearing out Jupiter. So much of my stuff that I have yet to craft require Neural Sensors. :/

This is the best use of your time right now...opening the planets for resources and doing all of the mainline quests. This will open up several new mechanics for you, will maybe help you avoid some spoilers, will give you access to more resources and alerts, and will eventually give you access to daily sorties. If I catch you online, I can probably boost you through a few of the planets as well (just do the junction requrements and the node next to the junction).

And as we discussed yesterday, some random fissures will also serve you well with prime parts, ducats and forma.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
This is the best use of your time right now...opening the planets for resources and doing all of the mainline quests. This will open up several new mechanics for you, will maybe help you avoid some spoilers, will give you access to more resources and alerts, and will eventually give you access to daily sorties. If I catch you online, I can probably boost you through a few of the planets as well (just do the junction requrements and the node next to the junction).

And as we discussed yesterday, some random fissures will also serve you well with prime parts, ducats and forma.
Thank you! That would be a huge help. :)

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Mesa was a pretty easy farm. We'll see how the others go tomorrow.

When you get to Old Mate with Solaris United, you get a choice of basically every Old Mate level item for your freebie. If you care at all about Captura, it's the best deal by a mile, since it goes for 100K standing. I don't, so I took the sentinel, which goes for 20K standing. Saving 10K standing is worth waiting a day for Kubrodon floofs, I think.

Also, be sure you don't stumble across any spoilers, because something pretty cool happens when you hit Old Mate that I didn't see coming.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta remember to enjoy the journey, lol. As a noob, seeing most people running around with prime frames and high Mastery Ranks makes me wanna get there quickly.

But just last night I told myself that there is no rush. I'll get there eventually.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't built an Archewing Launcher yet, but I'm thankful to have a K-drive in the Plains and Fortuna now since it always took forever to traverse.

I currently am very much loving Nidus. I have Nyx and Frost building in the Foundry. Game is feeling like it's picking up, and that's because I already love it!

I don't know why anyone would use hover board when you can just fly. Also Nidus is completely rad. Easily top 3 for me.

I've actually been enjoying my Nekros Prime a lot in the open world. Not all frames work so well when you're not in an enclosed space but he does.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I have Rivens for the following weapons, can someone tell me if I can make decent plat with a good roll?
Akvasto
Bronco
Daikyu
Despair
Gammacor
Guandao
Ignis(might keep this one)
Panthera
Penta
Sobek
Sweeper
Torid

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Ignis, Sobek, Gammacor. The rest is probably junk. And honestly, I'm probably the only one who still uses Gammacor!

If you're trashing the rest, I woudn't mind the Sweeper one just to play around with. I still use Carrier a lot. That said, people will buy junk rivens just to transmute them.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May as well ask too. Have rivens for:

Aksomati
Ceramic Dagger
Ferrox
Javlok
Lesion
Lex
Orthos
Pandero
Plague Keewar
Quanta
Synapse
Tenora
Torrid

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha John. I hardly ever kick under 30 days lately, even with the update. Happy holidays.

Eldrich, nothing on the list jumps out at me other than Plague Keewar, which is by quite a margin my favorite melee. Keep that one. I'd say Lesion too, but anyone who was running a Condition Overload Lesion has probably moved on to one of the Plague Zaws. You might be able to sell Lex, Pandero or Quanta (all semi-popular weapons), but it will take some patience IMO.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Ignis, Sobek, Gammacor. The rest is probably junk. And honestly, I'm probably the only one who still uses Gammacor!

If you're trashing the rest, I woudn't mind the Sweeper one just to play around with. I still use Carrier a lot. That said, people will buy junk rivens just to transmute them.

Thanks and shit I totally forgot about those riven transmuter mods from the eidolons, I'll have to check into using it myself first

Wowbagger

Oct 31, 2017
I still use the Gammacor as well, Frizby! :)

In addition to the rivens Frizby mentioned, I think the one for Akvasto has potential to net you some plat. Same goes for the Sweeper riven, since sentinel rivens were removed from droplists.

From the second list, I wouldn't mind the one for Orthos myself. Not a popular weapon these days, I guess, but I tried it again recently, and the range on that thing is just too much fun.

Might be a good idea to hang on to worthless melee rivens until melee 3.0 comes out next year. Who knows what weapons may see buffs or nerfs.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well throw my Rivens in here, too.

Akvasto
Astilla (using)
Bo (using)
Braton
Dark Dagger
Detron
Furis
Hate (using)
Heat Dagger
Karak
Paracyst
Sydon

With all these and my veiled I'm at max capacity, so it'd be good to know which ones I can safely drop/transmute.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Keep the Braton (slash procs on B Prime are super fun). Maybe try to sell Akvasto since the Prime is relatively new. Transmute everything else.

I'm a little curious how popular Paracyst is...not sure honestly.

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
As everyone's doing it I want to get rid of some Rivens so here's my list:

Arca Plasmor (Using)
Astilla (Kinda using)
Argonak
Destreza. (Kinda using)
Drakgoon
Knell
Magnus
Nami skyla
Nikana
Ninkondi
Pandero
Prova
Strun
Vectis (Kinda Using)

If these interest anyone let me know!

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Hey !! I'm new to this game and loving it, so much so that I'm playing on both PS4 and Switch!
The grind is just super relaxing to me and I'm taking my time experimenting and leveling different weapons and such. Really having a great time although it is a bit too addictive at times :p
Btw, would it be possible to get an invitation for the clan? My PSN ID is: Jorgiii

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I actually don't bother with rivens as I think the requirements to unlock them are just f**ked up. I tried once for a while to do even the easiest one of those I have but gave up after a few failed attempts. Life is too short.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
As everyone's doing it I want to get rid of some Rivens so here's my list:

Arca Plasmor (Using)
Astilla (Kinda using)
Argonak
Destreza. (Kinda using)
Drakgoon
Knell
Magnus
Nami skyla
Nikana
Ninkondi
Pandero
Prova
Strun
Vectis (Kinda Using)

If these interest anyone let me know!

If you're giving them away, I'd like to play around with the Strun riven.