• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Hey !! I'm new to this game and loving it, so much so that I'm playing on both PS4 and Switch!
The grind is just super relaxing to me and I'm taking my time experimenting and leveling different weapons and such. Really having a great time although it is a bit too addictive at times :p
Btw, would it be possible to get an invitation for the clan? My PSN ID is: Jorgiii

Invite sent. Welcome!

Wowbagger

Oct 31, 2017
Seraphis Cain,

I'd keep the Dark Dagger and Detron rivens for use on Rakta Dark Dagger and Mara Detron. Not sure about the dagger riven, but a Detron riven shouldn't be hard to sell. Furis with Winds of Purity is a nice healing tool, but a riven is not needed for that. Still, might be worth trying to sell that riven as well. Sydon, Karak, Heat Dagger and Bo rivens look like the safest to ditch.

Johnjamin,

Definitely keep Arca Plasmor, Vectis and Strun rivens (Strun Wraith is pretty good). Maybe the Destreza riven--I love that weapon, but just equip it for its looks, as it's kinda awkward in use. I'd keep/sell Nami skyla and Nikana rivens too, for the primes.

Again, keep in mind, melee 3.0 is coming. Some melee rivens may be in more demand once that's out.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I have limited internet access and I'm out of my city to spend Christmas time with family, so I probably wont be logging in the game for the next couple days.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I think I'm officially done trying to farm resources in the open world in pugs. I go and farm up like 100 things because I bought a couple of resource boosters to take advantage of the fact I'd have 2 days off from work during the christmas holiday. I start farming up a ton of resources and the host leaves, the game cannot find a new host and boots me back to the ship. Only I get NONE Of the shit i farmed but it remembers all the resources I did burn using it. I essentially wasted time. This happened at least 5 times in the past 2 days alone. Its exactly why I have almost no travocite alloy because every time I find a red vein and luck out and get some I get booted out of the game when the game cant find the host. And no I can't go and get any more fish that require bait because I hit rep cap for today and can't get any rep at all to buy any new baits since I used most of it to get to the next rank through trading bonds for rep. I have all this free time today and only today for the forseeable future and nothing to do in the game because of the shit combination of failed rehosts and the cap.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm officially done trying to farm resources in the open world in pugs. I go and farm up like 100 things because I bought a couple of resource boosters to take advantage of the fact I'd have 2 days off from work during the christmas holiday. I start farming up a ton of resources and the host leaves, the game cannot find a new host and boots me back to the ship. Only I get NONE Of the shit i farmed but it remembers all the resources I did burn using it. I essentially wasted time. This happened at least 5 times in the past 2 days alone. Its exactly why I have almost no travocite alloy because every time I find a red vein and luck out and get some I get booted out of the game when the game cant find the host. And no I can't go and get any more fish that require bait because I hit rep cap for today and can't get any rep at all to buy any new baits since I used most of it to get to the next rank through trading bonds for rep. I have all this free time today and only today for the forseeable future and nothing to do in the game because of the shit combination of failed rehosts and the cap.
Is it too tough to solo it?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Is it too tough to solo it?

Its not about difficulty its about speed and efficiency.

Farming for Toroids is far faster in a group simply because one frame can't do everything. Nekros can get double or triple rolls on kills but can't kill anywhere near as fast as a DPS frame like mesa, saryn or even equinox. Having a smeeta kavat on top of a drop booster/doubler can turn 1 toroid into 4 toroids per drop along with greatly increased drop chances on rare drops.I was running low on orokin cells and just did a saturn defense and got 60+ in roughly 30-40 ish minutes.

At the time I wasn't farming for toroids, I was mining and fishing and doing general gathering. I had been resource gathering for about 30 or so minutes and had quite a few things collected. Just when I'm about to go back to fortuna the host leaves the instance, the game can't find a host and I get kicked back to the ship and all the shit I just did poofed. The mining can be done again, but the fishing can't because you need certain bait to attract certain fish. For some reason, they changed the mechanic on Fortuna from bait being a blue print constructed item to a item thats directly purchasable with rep. Having to buy a non infinite item with rep is infinitely more costly than something you can make yourself because rep collection is capped and the refresh is time gated. If you're out of rep for that day, you literally can't do anything else but hope someone who has that bait goes fishing with you.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Other than fissures, some sorties and higher level bounties, I do most everything solo....definitely stuff like fishing and mining.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The game loses a bit of it's luster playing solo to me tho. Don't get me wrong there are definitely times for solo errands, but most of the time I more enjoy playing with people. Certain missions like Spy and Rescue missions I prefer to do solo though.

Missions like Defense and Survival, I definitely prefer to do with a group. Interceptions you have to do in a team unless you're a specific frame that can have that crap.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're certainly getting you wish then. DE seems to be going all in on mp lately. Eidolons the ship stuff coming. Locking frames behind operator crap. Playing with others can be fun but it should never be necessary. Still don't have the ballus sword. Do ppl even do sentient hunts anymore?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You're certainly getting you wish then. DE seems to be going all in on mp lately. Eidolons the ship stuff coming. Locking frames behind operator crap. Playing with others can be fun but it should never be necessary. Still don't have the ballus sword. Do ppl even do sentient hunts anymore?

I imagine they do but eidolons ain't new so its harder to grind them now if you're starting out. They can be done solo, but you'll progress far slower than a group who can do 6 or 9 per night cycle. Once profit taker hits consoles, eidolons will be even harder to run without finding a group. And I don't mean a group who wants to do hyper-optimized runs of that content either. Of course the day/night cycle doesn't help eidolons in that reguard when you can just do Profit Taker whenever the fuck you feel like it. If I felt like doing an eidolon, but didn't have time to sit there and wait for the night cycle, 2/3 times I won't be doing that content because I just happened to want to play WF at the wrong time.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the need to be at a certain place at a certain time is a big factor in it. I don't like having to rely on others and honestly never expected them to require eidilon parts for gear.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
If you just need the shards, Teralyst is pretty easy to solo. Or if you load the bounty with randoms, odds are you'll get it done.

Worst case, catch me on, and we can cap him a couple of times.

Edit...noticed the Sentients part. I actually prefer to run those solo too, because people who are farming War parts will quit the mission after they spawn. I can't remember which frame shreds them. Excal maybe? But I still used Nekros for extra drop chance.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Yeah the need to be at a certain place at a certain time is a big factor in it. I don't like having to rely on others and honestly never expected them to require eidilon parts for gear.

Look at Cetus wisps vs Toroids. ToD alone and being only near water makes cetus wisps a painful grind. Toroids can be farmed in 3 specific locations...any time you feel like. More people can speed up that farm. Groups cannot make wisp farming more efficient and the number of them that exist on the plains per instance is random. The only thing you can really do is get a cat and a booster and a fast archwing and run the loop as many times as possible within the night phase. Everything done in phase 1 of fortuna is done better and far less painlessly than PoE was by far. Getting fortuna rep is relatively easy through buying debt bonds which is a great credit and resource sink.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, all! I'm returning to Warframe after a year. I know what weapons I'm going to start chasing after, but can anyone recommend me a Warframe and mod build to focus on? My favorite frames are the super tanky ones. I love being unkillable and just standing in a crowd of enemies and soaking up damage, which is why Rhino is my favorite. I'm also into Inaros and Nidus, so are what's the most tanky build to try?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
When I was levelling up my Rhino, a couple times I forgot to pay attention to my Iron Skin and died, lol. Rhino is a cool frame, although I think he's more of a supporter than tank. Call me crazy.

I think I'm getting addicted to levelling stuff up on Helene in Saturn, lol. I was MR8 just last night and I'm already qualified for MR9. It is sad though when I'm the number 1 damage dealer with a mid level Banshee and just a melee weapon that I was also levelling, lol. That was interesting. Now I'm levelling Volt and plan to do Frost next. Loving it.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
You've read Rhino correctly. At higher levels, he's not really a tank at all, but Roar is an excellent team buff, and Stomp is really good crowd control. Build him with an emphasis on Range (for Stomp and Roar) and Strength (for Iron Skin and Roar).

Tegami, let us know if you need a clan re-invite. As for Tanks...the ones who come immediately to mind for me are Chroma, Inaros and Valkyr. Trinity, Nekros and Nidus can also tank pretty well if built and used in specific ways.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
You've read Rhino correctly. At higher levels, he's not really a tank at all, but Roar is an excellent team buff, and Stomp is really good crowd control. Build him with an emphasis on Range (for Stomp and Roar) and Strength (for Iron Skin and Roar).

Tegami, let us know if you need a clan re-invite. As for Tanks...the ones who come immediately to mind for me are Chroma, Inaros and Valkyr. Trinity, Nekros and Nidus can also tank pretty well if built and used in specific ways.
Thanks! A clan re-invite would be much appreciated! I think I'll focus on my Inaros. I saw some great builds on Youtube and Inaros was just soaking all the damage up! I know it's not the most exciting play style, but I love being so tanky in Warframe!

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Just got the battacor...not a very good weapon. Its got a cool gimmick, but its just ass. This thing needs a ton of forma out of the gate and probably needs a potato. Leveling it through direct use in ESO is an act of futility. It really highlights the tremendous imbalance between physical damage types and elementals quite handily. Magnetic damage sucks and will always suck because the detrimental effects that apply to players simply do not apply to the enemy, they just don't care. I had to throw on a toxic mod just so I can kill corpus guys at all. The armor buffs are so high in the 70's that its puncture damage doesn't even register.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Nidus can definitely tank. Once his parasitic link is attacked to an enemy, that enemy recieves 90% of all incoming damage. I've seen some dudes on YouTube do solo survival for hours with him.

He's my go-to frame right now. Definitely my strongest.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I only like Nidus in situations where setting up camp makes sense, because you really have to confine yourself to an area to get his powers to work together. And even then, camping isn't really my style.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
After having not played since launch I dove back in a week ago. The initial confusion wore off quickly and I've been hooked since. Not sure if there is a reset era clan, if there is I'd love an invite psn: moongred

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I only like Nidus in situations where setting up camp makes sense, because you really have to confine yourself to an area to get his powers to work together. And even then, camping isn't really my style.
Well when you have someone like Nova that makes sense. :P

Dude I did 8 rad runs yesterday with teams, and still didn't get the Chassis. I feel like crying on the inside. Now I have to farm a bunch of void traces again.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Well when you have someone like Nova that makes sense. :P

Dude I did 8 rad runs yesterday with teams, and still didn't get the Chassis. I feel like crying on the inside. Now I have to farm a bunch of void traces again.

Grats on getting her!

Honestly, Nova is my favorite frame, but I don't even use her that much...just occasional sorties and such...same for Loki. I play a lot of Saryn and Nekros these days. But you are going to love her. She breaks everything!

Oct 27, 2017
All good. Thanks for reminding me about the clan key! Any recommendations on must make clan blueprints?
I've been farming Intensify for the last two days, done countless 30min T1 survivals but still nothing.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
All good. Thanks for reminding me about the clan key! Any recommendations on must make clan blueprints?
I've been farming Intensify for the last two days, done countless 30min T1 survivals but still nothing.
Depends on what level/mastery rank you are I guess? I just got the Arca Plasmor from the Energy Lab and I love it. Most of the stuff I really like are from the Energy Lab. Some Tenno stuff are cool too. The Grineer and Infested Lab don't really do much for me, but maybe I'm missing out on something cool too lol.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of folks like the Ignis from the Chem Lab. I think the obvious choices are in the Tenno Lab...frames and archwings. I recommend Itzal.

For newer players, I think I'd suggest sitting on clan research stuff for later and using your forma elsewhere. Your first keeper weapons will most likely either come from your syndicates or will be a prime.

Meanwhile, this chart shows which weapons are used as ingredients for other weapons. It isn't 100% up to date, but I think you'll both find it helpful for planning purposes as you build and discard vanilla weapons.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to complete the star chart so that I can unlock Arbitrations. The wiki says I need to complete all Dark Sectors. How do I know which Dark Sectors I've completed?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to complete the star chart so that I can unlock Arbitrations. The wiki says I need to complete all Dark Sectors. How do I know which Dark Sectors I've completed?

They're just nodes on the planets like any other and change color upon completion. Most planets have two. A few have none.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I hit old mate and finally built garuda and focusing back on trying to get chroma and mesa prime relics + i need to actually credit farm thanks to buying debt-bonds from ticker. I'll do a few bounties and partake in fishing once i buy a couple of resource boosters to stock up for the near future.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I hit old mate and finally built garuda and focusing back on trying to get chroma and mesa prime relics + i need to actually credit farm thanks to buying debt-bonds from ticker. I'll do a few bounties and partake in fishing once i buy a couple of resource boosters to stock up for the near future.

You probably already know, but Index is crazy good for credits. Sorties are as well (100K/day).

I also routinely get boosters for login (36hr) and for sorties (3 day). I don't know that I'd buy them. Just grind when you get one randomly.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
You probably already know, but Index is crazy good for credits. Sorties are as well (100K/day).

I also routinely get boosters for login (36hr) and for sorties (3 day). I don't know that I'd buy them. Just grind when you get one randomly.
I haven't logged in game for the morning yet, but have you done Sorties for today already? I need to mooch, lol.

I also beat the Mesa mission. Now I need to craft something to fight Aled V. But I need mutalist Aled V Nav Coordinates, of which I have none, lol.

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
So I have played Warframe on my base PS4 and on my Switch and the Plains of Eidolon runs like garbage on both. Neither of the systems are hardwired to the internet but I haven't had issues with other games like Destiny. Does it just run poorly on consoles or is it an internet thing?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
So I have played Warframe on my base PS4 and on my Switch and the Plains of Eidolon runs like garbage on both. Neither of the systems are hardwired to the internet but I haven't had issues with other games like Destiny. Does it just run poorly on consoles or is it an internet thing?

Its the CPU bottleneck on consoles that hits them hard. WF is a PC game designed initially with PC in mind then later ported to consoles. Those issues literally don't exist for Destiny because Destiny does not throw that much shit at you compared to what Warframe does and it was designed inside and out around the limitations of what the current consoles are good at. Destiny might throw 10-12 guys at you against you a party of 3-6 players. WF throws upwards of 30+ mobs at you and then your average party will have 4 players + A.I. Controlled pets. The pro consoles are not that much better at running WF either, just somewhat more consistent and they can turn their particle effects up one level higher than the base models. You probably wont see that 60 fps lock on consoles until WF gets ported to PS5 or whatever the hell the next Xbox is gonna be called and they have hopefully, much better CPU's.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Its the CPU bottleneck on consoles that hits them hard. WF is a PC game designed initially with PC in mind then later ported to consoles. Those issues literally don't exist for Destiny because Destiny does not throw that much shit at you compared to what Warframe does and it was designed inside and out around the limitations of what the current consoles are good at. Destiny might throw 10-12 guys at you against you a party of 3-6 players. WF throws upwards of 30+ mobs at you and then your average party will have 4 players + A.I. Controlled pets. The pro consoles are not that much better at running WF either, just somewhat more consistent and they can turn their particle effects up one level higher than the base models. You probably wont see that 60 fps lock on consoles until WF gets ported to PS5 or whatever the hell the next Xbox is gonna be called and they have hopefully, much better CPU's.

Thanks. I figured it was the consoles themselves but just wanted to be sure it wasn't my internet connection. Game runs fine enough for the standard missions but really tanks in the open world areas.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Inaros get!

I've read that he's OP as all hell, I gotta give it a test run after it's done cooking.
Inaros I heard is TANKY. Like the dude just doesn't die, lol. I have to purchase his quest from Baro K'Teer next time. Also working through all the other extra quests too.

Man I've been ambushed by The Stalker like 5 times in the past day or two. Is that normal? Dude just has it out for me, lol. And he always drops Dread BP. Give me something good like the War BP!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I knew I shouldn't have installed this Warframe notification app. There's a freaking Orokin Catalyst alert right now and I won't be able to log in until tonight. This is like exactly what I need right now. Gaddamn it. :'(

If there was a way for someone else to play for me I would do it.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't logged in game for the morning yet, but have you done Sorties for today already? I need to mooch, lol.

I also beat the Mesa mission. Now I need to craft something to fight Aled V. But I need mutalist Aled V Nav Coordinates, of which I have none, lol.

I usually do sorties right after they reset at 12 EST...just when I tend to be on.

You may remember me suggesting you add "mutalist" to your filters on recruiting chat. You'll probably stumble across a few random Mutalist Alad V key runs...or worst case, the coordinates drop at wave 15 on Orokin Derelict Defense (ODD). If you build a key, try to put together a 4-man keyshare where you take turns running keys. The reality is that Mesa Prime is probably easier to get than vanilla Mesa at this point. May be best to just leave that filter on and see what happens over time as you try to get primes in recruiting.

Edit: On your Catalyst...Razorback event popped up and gives one, so not a total loss.

Last edited: