• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Wow! I did not know about this. Seems a PC (Laptop) would be my best bet. A lesson for the future though because I don't think my PS4 is set up for it, and I don't have a controller with me where I'm at, but this is great stuff nonetheless.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Finally finished up my Zaw. That was a really long process as I had to get my standing up to get the links I wanted. Initially I was super underwhelmed by the weapon but after gilding it's very strong so I'm happy with that. It's a polearm called 'Malice':
YXPWCZ8.png

I was thinking I don't have to do any more Plains bounties for a while but I guess I will need an arcane for it too...

There's match-making for Eidolons now I see so I want to try those so I can build Revenant as well as ranking up in Fortuna. The grind to get the required debt bonds is just crazy so did I read above that they can be bought with credits?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The grind to get the required debt bonds is just crazy so did I read above that they can be bought with credits?

The vendor Ticker sells them for a variety of credits and resources. Obviously, be selective as his inventory rotates and some offers are better than others.

I'd suggest buying the lower level bonds and doing the bounties for the higher level ones, because you probably need the standing anyway, and you're likely to have the bonds by the time you need them. Also, the lower level ones are much cheaper, and you'll probably get better help in the higher level ones.

Side note suggestion for everyone: If you're doing bounties, and you're not 100% certain you're the host, leave your squad (and migrate yourself to solo) the second the last bounty stage is done. It will add greatly to your QoL. If you're the host, no worries. If the host leaves and migrates to the second host, and they leave while you're loading (happens often), you'll be disconnected.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Finally finished up my Zaw. That was a really long process as I had to get my standing up to get the links I wanted. Initially I was super underwhelmed by the weapon but after gilding it's very strong so I'm happy with that. It's a polearm called 'Malice':
YXPWCZ8.png

I was thinking I don't have to do any more Plains bounties for a while but I guess I will need an arcane for it too...

There's match-making for Eidolons now I see so I want to try those so I can build Revenant as well as ranking up in Fortuna. The grind to get the required debt bonds is just crazy so did I read above that they can be bought with credits?

Just do alot of resource gathering and credit farming. You'll be able to trade them to ticker and get debt bonds at a far faster rate than just doing bounties. You can get to old mate far faster than the weeks of time it took me to get to kin in cetus.

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for the Sedna end of the void? I'm just getting wrecked beyond belief. Can't even finish the first mobile Defense. Tried cheesing it with Octavia but the second I go invisible they just destroy the Defense point. Did another run with Rino beefed up with Armor and iron skin but don't really last that much longer.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for the Sedna end of the void? I'm just getting wrecked beyond belief. Can't even finish the first mobile Defense. Tried cheesing it with Octavia but the second I go invisible they just destroy the Defense point. Did another run with Rino beefed up with Armor and iron skin but don't really last that much longer.
Frost or Limbo would cheese it.

Otherwise, what build are you running?, are you missing any mods that would improve the build?, what weapons are you using?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
There are some planets that I hate in this game because of their horrible tile set, and there are some planets that I hate because they give me the creeps...hence the reason why I like to play in parties, lol.

Planets with atrocious tile sets: Europa (cancer navigation), Uranus (eff underwater segments)
Planets that give me the creeps: Eris (it just does), Lua (the sound those sentients do make my skin crawl), and Derelict (just too dark and brooding).

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

You've reached that point in the game where you start to figure out that all of those tanking builds and mods that work on low end stuff won't get it done on high end stuff and that crowd control is king...especially if you're solo. A few tips...
  • Consider using frames that best fit each mission type. For mobile defense, maybe something to protect the core like Frost or Limbo or someone who can crowd control enemies like Nova (prime), Nyx (chaos), Nekros (terrify and shadows), Loki (irradiating disarm) or Excalibur/Mirage (blind). Of that bunch, Nova is probably easiest for a new player to build and play. Just give her a bunch of duration and 45% power strength, Prime and win.
  • Even Rhino can CC if you build him for it. Newer players always build him to tank and use Stomp to do damage when it's actually much more effective in the end game to stomp for crowd control. With max range/duration, Rhino's Stomp reaches something like 60 meters and can hold enemies in stasis for something like 15 seconds.
  • Alternatively, consider exploring some frames who aren't tanky at all but can kill large numbers quickly and at range like Saryn or Mesa.
  • Start by looking at your builds. If you have more than one defensive mod on a frame, you're probably already on the wrong path. Give frames as much as you can of whichever they need between range, duration and strength.
  • Edit: Or ask for help in clan chat if you're just trying to clear a node.
As a side note, I also should have suggested for all of you newer guys that your first Catalyst go on the Sonicor. It's not an end game weapon, but it's fun as hell and will get you through a lot of stuff you have no business trying to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Frost or Limbo would cheese it.

Otherwise, what build are you running?, are you missing any mods that would improve the build?, what weapons are you using?
A hek thats been forma'd 3 times, it's still one shotting 95% of the enemies which makes me think it's not my dmg output thats lacking. There's 3 mods that i'm still after: Trans Fort, constitution and power drift.

You've reached that point in the game where you start to figure out that all of those tanking builds and mods that work on low end stuff won't get it done on high end stuff and that crowd control is king...especially if you're solo. A few tips...
  • Consider using frames that best fit each mission type. For mobile defense, maybe something to protect the core like Frost or Limbo or someone who can crowd control enemies like Nova (prime), Nyx (chaos), Nekros (terrify and shadows), Loki (irradiating disarm) or Excalibur/Mirage (blind). Of that bunch, Nova is probably easiest for a new player to build and play. Just give her a bunch of duration and 45% power strength, Prime and win.
  • Even Rhino can CC if you build him for it. Newer players always build him to tank and use Stomp to do damage when it's actually much more effective in the end game to stomp for crowd control. With max range/duration, Rhino's Stomp reaches something like 60 meters and can hold enemies in stasis for something like 15 seconds.
  • Alternatively, consider exploring some frames who aren't tanky at all but can kill large numbers quickly and at range like Saryn or Mesa.
  • Start by looking at your builds. If you have more than one defensive mod on a frame, you're probably already on the wrong path. Give frames as much as you can of whichever they need between range, duration and strength.
  • Edit: Or ask for help in clan chat if you're just trying to clear a node.
As a side note, I also should have suggested for all of you newer guys that your first Catalyst go on the Sonicor. It's not an end game weapon, but it's fun as hell and will get you through a lot of stuff you have no business trying to do.

I'll give it another go with Mesa and Nekros who just finished building. Failing that, I'll build frost and try it that way. Clan taxi would be nice but aren't the majority of you guys US/EU based not Oceanic?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
A hek thats been forma'd 3 times, it's still one shotting 95% of the enemies which makes me think it's not my dmg output thats lacking. There's 3 mods that i'm still after: Trans Fort, constitution and power drift.

I'll give it another go with Mesa and Nekros who just finished building. Failing that, I'll build frost and try it that way. Clan taxi would be nice but aren't the majority of you guys US/EU based not Oceanic?
Hey if you're on later tonight we can try it out together. I haven't done Mot yet either and I too want the Excalibur Umbra quest. :)

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Good stuff! Yeah, it shouldn't matter too much who's on...just throw a request out in clan chat....or if that doesn't get a response, alliance chat.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
So I had farmed a bunch of Neo relics and we had a void survival fissure, now I also have a bunch of Lith and Meso haha.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Can't tonight but should have some time on the weekend if you're still keen.
Hey I did the node last night with someone from clan. Just asked in the clan chat for help like frizby said. But I definitely would still like to help this weekend.

There's actually an Axi Fissure on Mot right now so I know a lot of people is running it.

I'm going after Mesa Prime next. Can't resist her badassery anymore lol.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So I had farmed a bunch of Neo relics and we had a void survival fissure, now I also have a bunch of Lith and Meso haha.

I answered your question about Xini in clan chat the other day, but I'm not sure that you saw it before you got off.

Xini is still probably the most efficient place to get both Neo and Axi...but...if you're looking for a specific relic, always check Cetus/Fortuna bounties first. I'd also say that if you're just looking for random Axis to run random fissures, T5 bounties are a pretty efficient way to get them without having to get through rotation A on Xini. In your case, bounties should also take care of some Plains of Eidelon standing grind.

I also think with your long break that most of the stuff in current relics is stuff you need, so you could do much worse than running random defense/intercept/spy fissures (because they give relics as rewards) with your old vaulted relics and seeing what pops up.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
The vendor Ticker sells them for a variety of credits and resources. Obviously, be selective as his inventory rotates and some offers are better than others.

I'd suggest buying the lower level bonds and doing the bounties for the higher level ones, because you probably need the standing anyway, and you're likely to have the bonds by the time you need them. Also, the lower level ones are much cheaper, and you'll probably get better help in the higher level ones.

Side note suggestion for everyone: If you're doing bounties, and you're not 100% certain you're the host, leave your squad (and migrate yourself to solo) the second the last bounty stage is done. It will add greatly to your QoL. If you're the host, no worries. If the host leaves and migrates to the second host, and they leave while you're loading (happens often), you'll be disconnected.

Just do alot of resource gathering and credit farming. You'll be able to trade them to ticker and get debt bonds at a far faster rate than just doing bounties. You can get to old mate far faster than the weeks of time it took me to get to kin in cetus.

Ah cool. Thanks! The drop rate on those bonds was concerning me. They are listed as common rewards but they so rarely drop.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I answered your question about Xini in clan chat the other day, but I'm not sure that you saw it before you got off.

Xini is still probably the most efficient place to get both Neo and Axi...but...if you're looking for a specific relic, always check Cetus/Fortuna bounties first. I'd also say that if you're just looking for random Axis to run random fissures, T5 bounties are a pretty efficient way to get them without having to get through rotation A on Xini. In your case, bounties should also take care of some Plains of Eidelon standing grind.

I also think with your long break that most of the stuff in current relics is stuff you need, so you could do much worse than running random defense/intercept/spy fissures (because they give relics as rewards) with your old vaulted relics and seeing what pops up.

I don't have many old Axi's... I used to burn all my T3 and T4 keys running them for people who needed something :P

But at the moment I am doing the prime grind, as my only activity. Mostly out of paranoia about stuff getting vaulted.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got Mesa Prime building in the foundry! Well her respective parts anyways, and THEN I will build her in the foundry, lol.

Don't worry frizby, I am going after Mag next before she gets vaulted. I just couldn't resist getting Mesa first hehe.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I think I need to prioritise prime frames also. I don't have any frames to level at the moment and nothing in the pipeline. I'm one piece away from Mag Prime and thought she was vaulted.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Grats on Mesa! New hotness is new and hot. She's legit beastly and super cool looking.

IvorB, Mag and Nova and their respective prime weapons (Boar, Dakra, Soma, Vasto) are temporarily unvaulted and are farmable.

Next to go in the vault should be Oberon Prime, Silva & Aegis Prime and Sybaris Prime...fwiw.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So I need to start doing Eidolon hunts for Quille (sp?) standing. I'm honestly kinda lost in that regard. Still need to practice more with my Operator. Any tips?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So I need to start doing Eidolon hunts for Quille (sp?) standing. I'm honestly kinda lost in that regard. Still need to practice more with my Operator. Any tips?

I wouldn't make eidelons or quills a huge focus just yet. You don't really need your operator to do damage anywhere else in the game other than eidelons, so it's kind of circular and best saved for end game.

I'd have to give more thought to where you are, but assuming you have all of the nodes available and all the main quests done, I'd focus on:
  1. Def/Int/Spy fissures for prime parts and forma (remember, always have a forma building). Maybe print yourself a list of vaulted primes, because they do pop up regularly.
  2. Vault runs for Corrupted Mods (particularly Overextended, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Blind Rage and a few others)
  3. Cetus bounties for Augur Reach, Augur Message and Augur Secrets along with relics, lenses, standing and two frames...and sometimes not a bad place to level archwings
  4. Check invasions for old event weapon parts
  5. Farm Loki if you haven't already...unpotato'd build with all duration will serve you well. Farm other vanilla frames for mastery.
As for getting comfortable with your operator, I'd suggest starting by getting in the habit of doing two things:
  1. When you revive people ALWAYS do it as your operator and in void mode. It will 1) get you in the habit of popping in and out of your operator quickly and getting into the void and 2) make you more or less invulnerable while reviving squadmates. I legit cringe when people don't do this.
  2. Pump as much focus as possible into Energizing Dash in the Zenurik skill tree. Again, it will teach you to pop in and out of your operator quickly and will give you...basically an Energy Siphon on crack.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The Axi A5 relics you need for Vasto and Akvasto are super common in the highest Vallis Orb bounty (and probably Cetus too). They drop in stages 2-5 with a chance for a double drop on 5. I have over 100, I think. Bear in mind that you'll need two sets of Vastos, so level one up, build another and combine.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Axi_A5

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
How many parts do you have for her so far? Do you have Mag Prime yet? I'm trying to get her but not having as much luck as I did with Nova. I haven't even gone after the Vasto yet either.

Oh yeah, I got mag prime in like 2014 or smth like that.

The Axi A5 relics you need for Vasto and Akvasto are super common in the highest Vallis Orb bounty (and probably Cetus too). They drop in stages 2-5 with a chance for a double drop on 5. I have over 100, I think. Bear in mind that you'll need two sets of Vastos, so level one up, build another and combine.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Axi_A5

Actually, looks like all the unvaulted relics are preferred bounty drops. Dang it.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
And I say dang it because I hate the open areas. Most matchmaking groups end up in people fucking off and jacking off somewhere expecting you to finish the bounty, then quit mid bounty.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
And I say dang it because I hate the open areas. Most matchmaking groups end up in people fucking off and jacking off somewhere expecting you to finish the bounty, then quit mid bounty.
You're lucky to even find a group during bounties. I dunno if it's the time I play or what, but sometimes I don't get even a single teammate. The bounties are so much easier with just even one more person.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Made MR 14 last night and still can't believe how piss-easy the test was. Not going to complain though. I've got a bunch of new guns in the pipeline but still no cool new frames. Looking into Teralyst hunting next but this operator stuff is a bit confusing and all I have is this crappy mote that's not even max level.

Anyone have any tips because I don't really want to fight the Teralyst with some weak-ass weapon but I don't know what else to do?..

IvorB, Mag and Nova and their respective prime weapons (Boar, Dakra, Soma, Vasto) are temporarily unvaulted and are farmable.

Thanks for this. I tried my luck for these last night but no joy.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Made MR 14 last night and still can't believe how piss-easy the test was. Not going to complain though. I've got a bunch of new guns in the pipeline but still no cool new frames. Looking into Teralyst hunting next but this operator stuff is a bit confusing and all I have is this crappy mote that's not even max level.

Anyone have any tips because I don't really want to fight the Teralyst with some weak-ass weapon but I don't know what else to do?.

Level up your mote. Here's how I do it:
  • Take Speed Nova to a defense, prime, pop out into your operator and kill what you can or void walk if you have any trouble. Just stay in your operator as much as possible to absorb affinity.
  • If you don't have Overextended for Speed Nova, bring whoever, but ideally someone who can cast something that endures while you're in your operator, helps the squad and doesn't slow down the mission...Roar also comes to mind.
  • If you want to level it quickly, just go to Hydron Sedna. If you want to multitask (what I do), do the first defense fissures that pops up
Once your mote is maxed, start tackling some random eidelons. It won't take many to get standing for a better mote. If you just do Teralyst, he's actually pretty weak now...never takes out the lures and most any squad can take him down. Maybe wait till you're geared up to take on the other two.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I've been hitting Cetus nonstop to farm the soon to be vaulted relics.

Actually, playing zephyr made the whole thing enjoyable... i was so tired of running everywhere haha.

Prime progress continues. Mesa Prime has been acquired.

Question: what are the good mods from baro kiteer this weekend? I have a limited supply of ducats.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I've been hitting Cetus nonstop to farm the soon to be vaulted relics.

Actually, playing zephyr made the whole thing enjoyable... i was so tired of running everywhere haha.

Prime progress continues. Mesa Prime has been acquired.

Question: what are the good mods from baro kiteer this weekend? I have a limited supply of ducats.
Prime Point Blank and Prime Pistol Gambit. Although I would get Point Blank if I could only choose one. I was actually thinking of getting the Supra Vandal if I could manage to farm up enough Ducats. Is it worth it?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Supra is worth it for mastery, but I doubt you'll be crazy about it. In your situation, I'd wait on all of Baro's weapons and get your mastery from vanilla stuff in the market that you can dispose of. I'd get the mods and the color palette.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Am I missing something? I don't see the Supra Vandal being offered by Baro!

More progress... Oberon Prime and Nova Prime (oooh yeahhh). Soma prime is missing one component, the Neo N9 uncommon eludes me. Damn.

Still need a chunk of Vasto parts to craft the akimbo vasto tho...

Update: akvasto prime link and soma prime receiver are the last two parts I need to finish the soon-to-be-vaulted set.

Not bad at all...

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

I didn't confirm. Mb. I think it was Dual Cleavers and something else.

Either way, previous advice stands...lots of other mastery fodder available elsewhere in the early game. Save those ducats and pick the weapons up the next time they come around.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Level up your mote. Here's how I do it:
  • Take Speed Nova to a defense, prime, pop out into your operator and kill what you can or void walk if you have any trouble. Just stay in your operator as much as possible to absorb affinity.
  • If you don't have Overextended for Speed Nova, bring whoever, but ideally someone who can cast something that endures while you're in your operator, helps the squad and doesn't slow down the mission...Roar also comes to mind.
  • If you want to level it quickly, just go to Hydron Sedna. If you want to multitask (what I do), do the first defense fissures that pops up
Once your mote is maxed, start tackling some random eidelons. It won't take many to get standing for a better mote. If you just do Teralyst, he's actually pretty weak now...never takes out the lures and most any squad can take him down. Maybe wait till you're geared up to take on the other two.

Ah cool. Thanks for the info! Good to hear Terlyst is weak now as that makes my life easier.

No one runs on the Plains anymore; do you not have a hoverboard/archwing? :)

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
No one runs on the Plains anymore; do you not have a hoverboard/archwing? :)

Sir, did you not read my post?

I do not run on the Plains anymore, I fly through it as the master of wind. :P

But seriously, I've seen people use them both archwings and the skateboard but I don't know how to get them. I've been laser focused con completing the soon to be vaulted primes and generally getting the prime stuff since they're doing the whole vault this vault that dance.

Zephyr seemed to me as the best tool and it's as fast as the archwing. And as a bonus I get to play as the best frame in the game :D

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
My bad! For some reason I thought it was there.

So my Tenno clone appeared in my ship again. Scared the friggin crap outta me. I just spun around and BAM he was there. But this time my real Tenno actually had a full conversation with this freaky thing. The eff? What is DE tryna do to me here?

I thought this was supposed to only happen once after the Harrow quest. Ughhh.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
My bad! For some reason I thought it was there.

So my Tenno clone appeared in my ship again. Scared the friggin crap outta me. I just spun around and BAM he was there. But this time my real Tenno actually had a full conversation with this freaky thing. The eff? What is DE tryna do to me here?

I thought this was supposed to only happen once after the Harrow quest. Ughhh.

He's one scary mofo. Yesterday I felt like going in my quarters and Jesus my heart stopped beating for a second.

Last edited:

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few months ago, before Fortuna, there was an event where we had to collect some stuff to rebuild a broken relay or something.
I'm still searching what was the result of that.