• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I really dislike spy missions. When I need to do them for alert or something I have resorted to shamelessly being carried. I just lurk outside the spy/puzzle room as if I'm being the look-out or something. To be fair, I don't think it's helpful to have more than one person attempting it at at the same time.
Ha! Me too.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So is the PS4 version worth playing? I like comfoy couch gaming and third person action normally works best on controller, but I know this is a PC first game. What platform should I play on?

If you prefer the couch, as I do, there's not much reason to go PC over PS4.

Yeah, they get updates 4-6 weeks before we do, but I like to think of our PC brethren as beta testers, because we usually get updates after a bunch of hotfixes, and they usually have advice for us before we get the updates.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
As someone who's usually carrying as Ivara on Sortie Spy missions, I prefer people to not do them if they're not confident of being able to finish it.
I don't really mind people lurking around killing things.
Thank you for your service. Jokes aside, I do provide cover and kill adds for players helping me through.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pricing varies, but I try to get 25-35 for pistol...30-40 for rifle...50-60 for melee...and I open my shotgun rivens, but I think they go for 80-100. Syndicate weapons are 30. Syndicate mods are 10.

I was looking to buy an unveiled riven because (i) sorties only give me endo statues and (ii) it's fun to open unknown things. So I said I'd offer 10g for a rifle riven, and of course no one bit. Until a few minutes later this guy said he had one for 10g.

Score, I thought. I win.

Then I looked at the riven requirements, and it was to get three headshot kills in a row while aim gliding or something like that. Well, that's not easy. Doh, I thought, seller wins this round because I'll never do it.

So I found a map with some infested, found a hallway, and eventually got it done after a while. Sweet, I actually win in the end.

And then I see what the riven was that I uncovered. It was for Tiberon. Okay I definitely lost this transaction. Useless!

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Most rivens are full of disappointment. That said, I have enough plat that I might start opening them anyway. There are a few guns that would be really interesting with just a bit more status or crit.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy sh- so, there's three gift of the lotus alerts for an Orokin reactor, Orokin catalyst AND a rifle riven mod up right now.

Last edited:

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
Got a rifle riven mod.....I have to do a lvl 30 defence solo without the cyro frame taking any damage ..... Anyone want a veiled rifle mod???

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Frost can handle that. Open it or sell it.

There should be a 30+ defense on Eris, or you can do the one in the void.

Edit: Or if you can't, I don't mind trading you an easier one.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the riven mod challenge I got sucks. Synthesise a simaris target with no traps or abilities used while also having the hobbled dragon key equip. Yeah, no. Fuck that.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the riven mod challenge I got sucks. Synthesise a simaris target with no traps or abilities used while also having the hobbled dragon key equip. Yeah, no. Fuck that.

Did that one yesterday. Rhino Iron Skin at beginnning. Find target in lowest possible map (you can change your target at Simaris until you get an easy one). A melee knockdown (downward strike) helps. Scan and win.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is Loki/Nyx. They make sense as a combo.

Contra, it's in your interest to know what frames and weapons are vaulted so you can be sure to select them when other players put in their relics. Current vaulted prime frames (I think): Frost, Ember, Mag, Rhino, Loki, Nyx, Nova, Ash, Volt, Saryn and Trinity. Also, thanks for chipping in on name/emblem. Even small amounts are appreciated. :)
You got em from a pub fissure from someone who had the relics. Primes are unvaulted every 6-9 months. Mag was just unvaulted in july though so december will be 2 other frames. Probably loki and someone as he's been vaulted since before relics were even a thing.

Ah okay good. Glad there's some possibility I can finish the Mag Prime then.

Also for new players it's better to just sell the Riven mods? My doesn't seem too bad but if it's better to sell it... These alerts tonight were something else.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Think of it this way. Every veiled riven is (on average) a frame and two weapon slots.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently, snipers are now a thing. Tigris is gettin a small nerf, so it may or may not still be a sniper. Put some work in archwing. Get some kuva for the new frame.

That's all I got.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Trying to do these Orokin Challenge rooms for the Pluto junction is killing my will to play the game :(.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
My riven turned into a Hema one and I think I chose the wrong one after re-rolling it a few times. Argh.

Trying to do these Orokin Challenge rooms for the Pluto junction is killing my will to play the game :(.
I shamelessly had a buddy carry me through them. One mission had 3 challenge rooms (we had one done already before we got there) and he crushed them for me. I was lucky.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
You havent touched Titania quest do you? made my friends quit the game

Titania was chilled actually; I enjoyed that. This sucks because it's wondering around looking, hoping I will find one that's actually doable. I don't like puzzles and I suck at them. The one with the organ pipes, for example, is just not going to happen.

I shamelessly had a buddy carry me through them. One mission had 3 challenge rooms (we had one done already before we got there) and he crushed them for me. I was lucky.

Lucky.

Are you trying to do them solo? Don't be afraid to ask for help in clan chat. The most common challenge rooms are among the easiest, but they tend to require 2 people.

I have been actually. I might ask in chat and see if anyone can help. I managed to get one straight after I posted that so only one more to go.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Orokin puzzle rooms. Speed run capture until you get the room for:

- Power Drift - absurdly easy challenge that you can solo and a mod you definitely want
- Cunning Drift - it's just the eyeball boss from whichever quest...soloable and mod you'll want
- Stealth Drift - again, super easy solo...you can also repeat power or cunning drift

Power and Cunning will get a lot of use. Ignore the rest of them. There are plenty of youtube vids, just search power drift and cunning drift.

Last edited:
Big clan ->Small clan thoughts #2

1. The research grind makes me appreciate resources a lot more now. Still, screw the hema.

2. Orokin tower, primed weapons and clan tech dropped shortly after warframe launched on PS4 (update 8?) so I never bothered with the low tier weapons. Now that I don't have every bp available+resource starvation, I'm doing all the low tier weapons for mastery. Many things regarding survival can be learned when you are taking a mk-1strun for sortie lol.

3. Clan decorations are a luxury. Appreciate them.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Pluto junction done. Found another Cunning test room so that was easy. Might go back for those other two mods you mentioned Frizby, when I can face it again. So much for finishing the War Within at the weekend ha ha.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Pluto junction done. Found another Cunning test room so that was easy. Might go back for those other two mods you mentioned Frizby, when I can face it again. So much for finishing the War Within at the weekend ha ha.

You got one of the two you need with Cunning. Power Drift is the other good mod and is very very very easy to solo. The other I mentioned, Stealth Drift, I only mentioned because it's an easy challenge to solo (5 second speed run), and I feel like it's a pretty common room. The mod is meh.

I'm up to 216/350 on donations for clan changes. Thanks to those who chipped in, and no worries to newer or casual players. New emblem should go live tomorrow with PoE.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The plains thing comes out tomorrow. Anyone here play it on pc? How is it?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The clan has 2 open spots, and we could reasonably free up 2 more...in case any new players or vets want a spot before PoE tomorrow.

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
man, game gets HARD! what mods do i need to start looking at getting, at uranus and just getting nailed! also looking to do some trades for saryn prime blueprint and neuroptics or nekros prime blueprint and systems? what i've got is as follows:

nova/oberon/valkyr prime blueprints
valkyr prime neuroptics
ash prime neuroptics
tigris prime barrel
venka prime blades
lex prime barrel
galatine prime blade
ballistica prime upper limb

if any of that is interesting to anyone? or i guess plat if all else fails! very excited for plains today though!

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
PoE on console is launching now. Just waiting on Sony to begin propagating the update. People on XBox One already can download it as of now.

https://www.pscp.tv/sj_sinclair/1DXGyEMZVdPGM

[DE] Steve's Periscope

Edit: Apparently its deploying in EU now.

Edit2: Its out on PS4 in america now. I'm downloading it. 5.052 GB in size. Just enough time for you to grab some lunch or something.

Last edited:

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
All your new research is taken care of. Archwing launcher at the tenno lab, two weapons (Argonak and Twin Krohker) at Grinner lab. Enjoy when it becomes available.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
man, game gets HARD! what mods do i need to start looking at getting, at uranus and just getting nailed! also looking to do some trades for saryn prime blueprint and neuroptics or nekros prime blueprint and systems? what i've got is as follows:

nova/oberon/valkyr prime blueprints
valkyr prime neuroptics
ash prime neuroptics
tigris prime barrel
venka prime blades
lex prime barrel
galatine prime blade
ballistica prime upper limb

if any of that is interesting to anyone? or i guess plat if all else fails! very excited for plains today though!

This post excites me! I've been enjoying Warframe so far, I'm up to Ceres and the Void and stuff, but it's been easy as fuck so far! Outside of the jackal boss or whatever, everything has been a breeze (I think my jackal was bugged too, his leg hp would jump up instantly).

So hearing that it should get challenging soon sounds great!

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
One thing to keep in mind, since focus was completely overhauled: All your spent focus points have been refunded and need to be reallocated to new nodes. Also, all focus lenses have been unequipped and returned to your inventory, so you'll need to reequip them as wanted to get more focus.

You'll need to finish Saya's Vigil before you get access to the new person/faction in Cetus for the eidolon hunt upgrades. He'll give you a mote amp on the first visit, which improves your operator void beam and gives it a separate energy pool from the invis/dash/blast skills. You'll have to rank up with him, by turning in cores from killing the plains' sentients at night, to get the components to build new and better amps. You also need to progress up the Ostron rank to get access to fish baits and gem blueprints to build some of these components.

Have fun!

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
One thing to keep in mind, since focus was completely overhauled: All your spent focus points have been refunded and need to be reallocated to new nodes. Also, all focus lenses have been unequipped and returned to your inventory, so you'll need to reequip them as wanted to get more focus.

You'll need to finish Saya's Vigil before you get access to the new person/faction in Cetus for the eidolon hunt upgrades. He'll give you a mote amp on the first visit, which improves your operator void beam and gives it a separate energy pool from the invis/dash/blast skills. You'll have to rank up with him, by turning in cores from killing the plains' sentients at night, to get the components to build new and better amps. You also need to progress up the Ostron rank to get access to fish baits and gem blueprints to build some of these components.

Have fun!
Going to ask a stupid question now, but what's focus?

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited: