• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Bunch of red text from Nora Night announcing that the Wolf of Saturn Six goes live today.

Which means today is the day alerts die.

Press F for respects.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Considering mods: Should I upgrade mods or should I hope that I find better ones? Yesterday I upgraded a vitality mod from +40% health to +220% health. Don't know if that was the correct choice...

Also: Wtf is this difficulty spike on the bridge to jupiter? Yesterday I just wanted to have a feelgood moment before going to bed and open up the bridge to jupiter... and what do I get? The fucking Dark Souls part of Warframe. Went to bed after 11 or 12 failed attempts to beat Valkyr.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Considering mods: Should I upgrade mods or should I hope that I find better ones? Yesterday I upgraded a vitality mod from +40% health to +220% health. Don't know if that was the correct choice...

Also: Wtf is this difficulty spike on the bridge to jupiter? Yesterday I just wanted to have a feelgood moment before going to bed and open up the bridge to jupiter... and what do I get? The fucking Dark Souls part of Warframe. Went to bed after 11 or 12 failed attempts to beat Valkyr.
Protip when it comes to Solar Rails: every rail can be beaten very easily with Excalibur. Use radial blind so that they're open to finishers, take out your exalted blade, and perform a finisher. Boom. Instant kill.

I don't even think you have to take out Exalted Blade, just perform the finisher and they should go down just like that.

Don't sink too much into mods right now, you'll get better ones later and you'll need all the Endo you can get. The mods with 10 upgrades cost a butt load of Endo. For now I would upgrade them to about level 5 or 6 the max.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Focus on upgrading the mods that give you power strength, range, duration and efficiency for your warframe...base damage and multishot for weapons.

Health was a fine choice as well, but not shields.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks, maybe today I'll finally get to Jupiter. I tried it with Mesa and my best attempt was when I got Valkyr down to about 25%. Gonna try this again with good old Excalibur.

I really love this game, but sometimes I feel like I hit a wall because I missed something essential. Ceres for example had some really hard missions. Especially that mission where you have to kill Vor and Kril and that Hijack mission... no way I could have done them solo.
In some missions those prosecutors handed my ass to me. I know that they are only vulnerable to one specific damage type, but how can I prepare for them? How do I know what prosecutor spawns in which mission?

I think currently I'm spending more time with reading wikis than actually playing, lol.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
Thanks, maybe today I'll finally get to Jupiter. I tried it with Mesa and my best attempt was when I got Valkyr down to about 25%. Gonna try this again with good old Excalibur.

I really love this game, but sometimes I feel like I hit a wall because I missed something essential. Ceres for example had some really hard missions. Especially that mission where you have to kill Vor and Kril and that Hijack mission... no way I could have done them solo.
In some missions those prosecutors handed my ass to me. I know that they are only vulnerable to one specific damage type, but how can I prepare for them? How do I know what prosecutor spawns in which mission?

I think currently I'm spending more time with reading wikis than actually playing, lol.

Not sure how much I can help with your specific issues, as it's been a loooong time since I had any problems in that part of the starchart, but I will say, if you stick with it, one day you'll absolutely steam roll everything there, and chances are you won't even notice prosecutors, cos they'll be long dead before they even get close. Then you'll look back and laugh and ask yourself how the fudge you ever had any issues there.

You're on the right track upgrading vitality. Try to get ranks in serration too if you have it. Along with what Frizby mentioned, they're the most important early game mods to rank. Vital and serration could take a while, as they're pretty expensive to max, but you'll get there.

Also, this

That's Warframe in a nutshell, it never changes no matter how many hours you have in the game.

I can attest to. Three and a half years with the game, and I still check the wiki a few times a day when I'm playing

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how much I can help with your specific issues, as it's been a loooong time since I had any problems in that part of the starchart,

Two of the biggest errors I've seen new people making was either hanging on to flawed mods and / or not realising how to upgrade mods, because the game isn't particularly implicit in explaining either, or there is just such an avalanche of information in the first 10 hours that people miss it.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I have just unlocked Jupiter, and my weapons feel gimped what's a good melee and AR I could believably farm around this point?

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Shit the Plains actually look good now (well, in three weeks when this drops).

rds2tsykakj21.jpg

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I have just unlocked Jupiter, and my weapons feel gimped what's a good melee and AR I could believably farm around this point?

In the early to mid game I usually recommend the Sonicor. It's a secondary but can be used like a primary because it's so ammo-efficient, and it's a blast to play with. ARs are generally outclassed by shotguns throughout the game. You could get a Hek today, and it will outperform most any AR you ever get. If you're committed to ARs, wait for primes.

Melees are mostly preference based, but my advice is to always keep in mind that status will eventually outperform crits and to pick your melees accordingly.

Finally, you'll hopefully have access to some of the syndicate weapons soon. There are some really good ones in there.

Knowing your mastery rank and preferences for melee types would help a bit.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This game need better matchmaking I am tired of getting pair with over powered people that cleans out rooms within seconds.

It makes alot of stuff so unfun!

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I have this weird thing happening with my PS4 right now where I can do everything Internet wise on it (YouTube, Netflix, etc) except play any online game. It doesn't connect and it's really frustrating me. Haven't been able to play anything since last night.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How easy is it to get into this? I last played Warframe a couple of years back. Is it still a grind fest?
It's only grindy if you don't enjoy what you're doing..........

The bar to entry is pretty high, it's not very easy to get into, I've always said it takes about 100hrs to hit it's stride.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Finally got to MR5... Felt like ages to get from MR4 to MR5.

Also Rhino is finished and I crafted a Karak. I'm in love with both.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After dipping my toes in the different versions of the game (PC, Switch, XB1, PS4) I've settled on PS4 being my main platform choice. Controls feel much tighter over PC and it's my most-used system (plus I have a wireless keyboard to go with it).

Because I have such a simple PSN name I'm constantly getting clan invites, so I hope joining ERAs will also put a stop to that.

PSN: SOLDIER

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Logged back in, and dear god, the game chugs like it's about to die when on the elevator from Fortuna to the new Plains.

That Gift From the Lotus half-hour survival yesterday was a mess. I was never in any danger for the entire half hour but god I was falling asleep by the end of it. What have I missed if I haven't played substantially since Eidolon was still new?

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I start this game I am overwhelmed with stuff to do, and I am MR14. I find Fortuna really enjoyable and the changes to mining and fishing are fantastic. Now to try to find that Helios Prime Cerebrum...

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting on a clan invite, if that's okay.

Also I had a few newbie questions:

1. For the NIghtwave weeklies, it says that the credits you earn has to be spent "before the program ends".

So what does that mean exactly? Do earned credits not carry over each week? Or do they mean at the very end of this event (if so, when does it end)?

2. I just unlocked syndicates. When I join one am I permanently tied to it? Or can I bounce around each one without losing the progress gained?

3. What determines my level, and whether I'm strong enough for a particular mission? Is it the level my Warframe itself has or the overall level of my weapons (like having a rank 18 shotgun means I can take out level 18 enemies)?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting on a clan invite, if that's okay.

Also I had a few newbie questions:

1. For the NIghtwave weeklies, it says that the credits you earn has to be spent "before the program ends".

So what does that mean exactly? Do earned credits not carry over each week? Or do they mean at the very end of this event (if so, when does it end)?

2. I just unlocked syndicates. When I join one am I permanently tied to it? Or can I bounce around each one without losing the progress gained?

3. What determines my level, and whether I'm strong enough for a particular mission? Is it the level my Warframe itself has or the overall level of my weapons (like having a rank 18 shotgun means I can take out level 18 enemies)?

1. At the end of the "season". They do carry over each week. Not sure, but I think it's safe to assume we'll get a warning.

2. You can do up to 4 at once as long as two of them are Steel Meridian and Red Veil. If you look at who is aligned with whom, you'll probably figure it out, but basically, you can do the 3 on the left plus Red Veil or the 3 on the right plus Steel Meridian. You just have to do some of them passively.

3. Levels don't affect weapons except that they allow you to put on more mods. Levels on frames do level up their abilities as well as letting you add more mods. Levels on missions simply indicate the levels of the enemies within the mission and are meant simply as an indicator of difficulty. I wouldn't try to correllate the two at all.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, got a couple more:

1. Is there any point to keeping duplicate mods, or just sell them?

2. Do you ever unlock the ability to add more mods to your deck (not talking about slots, but the max amount of cards you can have equipped)?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, got a couple more:

1. Is there any point to keeping duplicate mods, or just sell them?

2. Do you ever unlock the ability to add more mods to your deck (not talking about slots, but the max amount of cards you can have equipped)?

1. Keep 2 of most weapon mods in case you ever need an extra for a sentinel weapon, and some mods sell in the market for platinum. Otherwise, feel free to turn them into endo I guess (credits are easier to get).

2. Not really. We've had some tweaks since launch that don't really matter to newer players, but things are pretty fixed now, which is one of my favorite things about the game...no level cap increases or gear being made obsolete (outclassed eventually, but never obsolete).

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. Right now I'm kind of doing whatever, collecting blueprints as I find them, but then getting bummed when they require a billion components of stuff I haven't even started to collect yet.

Should I just focus on the main quest stories up to a certain point? Unlock all the planets or whatever? Spent an hour on the quest to have a doggo only to get the blueprint at the end that needs me to grind out more stuff.

Not that I mind so much because the game is still quite generous in rewarding you, either with cash or materials or mods or what have you. Nothing I've done feels remotely like a waste.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
Thanks. Right now I'm kind of doing whatever, collecting blueprints as I find them, but then getting bummed when they require a billion components of stuff I haven't even started to collect yet.

Should I just focus on the main quest stories up to a certain point? Unlock all the planets or whatever? Spent an hour on the quest to have a doggo only to get the blueprint at the end that needs me to grind out more stuff.

Not that I mind so much because the game is still quite generous in rewarding you, either with cash or materials or mods or what have you. Nothing I've done feels remotely like a waste.

Yeah keep doing what your doing. Clear the nodes on each planet and keep working your way forward. As you work your way through the start chart new quests become available, that open up other aspects of the game. The second dream is the quest you want to work towards and is the around that point the game really clicks for alot of people. Its available after neptune though so theres a bit to be done before then.

Also, obligatory piece of advice early on. Stop by Fossa on Venus and beat the boss up there a few times. He drops Rhino's parts who's an excellent frame early on for getting through the star chart. You need 3 bits from the boss to make him, and you can purchase his actual blueprint from the marketplace with credits. Most non prime warframe blueprints are there as well, something I'm not sure the game does a great job in pointing out.

Also note, if he's not your thing, then most of the bosses in the game drop parts for a frame, you just need to run the boss a few times to get them. And potentially farm for the materials too of course

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah keep doing what your doing. Clear the nodes on each planet and keep working your way forward. As you work your way through the start chart new quests become available, that open up other aspects of the game. The second dream is the quest you want to work towards and is the around that point the game really clicks for alot of people. Its available after neptune though so theres a bit to be done before then.

Also, obligatory piece of advice early on. Stop by Fossa on Venus and beat the boss up there a few times. He drops Rhino's parts who's an excellent frame early on for getting through the star chart. You need 3 bits from the boss to make him, and you can purchase his actual blueprint from the marketplace with credits. Most non prime warframe blueprints are there as well, something I'm not sure the game does a great job in pointing out.

Also note, if he's not your thing, then most of the bosses in the game drop parts for a frame, you just need to run the boss a few times to get them. And potentially farm for the materials too of course

That's about the biggest hurdle for me right now, not knowing how rare something is and whether or not I can earn it through missions instead of paying some type of currency.

For reference, what are the things that are exclusively only purchasable on the market?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
That's about the biggest hurdle for me right now, not knowing how rare something is and whether or not I can earn it through missions instead of paying some type of currency.

For reference, what are the things that are exclusively only purchasable on the market?

Cosmetics.

Color palettes, but you'll get a bunch of free ones.

You can earn slots, but they don't come often, so you'll have to buy most of them.

That's about it.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
So I can never customize the look of my Warframe without shelling out cash?

There's some stuff you can get in game from places like the void trader but thats something to worry about a little later. Also events and such occasionally come by, where you might get a color palette or syandana (a cloak like thing) but the best stuff is usually premium currency only. That can also be earned in game via trading, but again, that's probably for a little later.

Also, I see no one took care of the invite so I've done that. You'll be able to make a dojo key in your foundry after you accept, so make that and you'll have access to everything the dojo offers (weapons, frames and more)

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's some stuff you can get in game from places like the void trader but thats something to worry about a little later. Also events and such occasionally come by, where you might get a color palette or syandana (a cloak like thing) but the best stuff is usually premium currency only. That can also be earned in game via trading, but again, that's probably for a little later.

Also, I see no one took care of the invite so I've done that. You'll be able to make a dojo key in your foundry after you accept, so make that and you'll have access to everything the dojo offers (weapons, frames and more)

Thanks a lot. Making the key now.

Is there a way to check what rewards a mission can drop?

Also are extractors only available on the market or can I make those too?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So I can never customize the look of my Warframe without shelling out cash?

I edited to clarify and add a thing or two. You'll get all kinds of cosmetics and color palettes for free...tons...but the only things that are ONLY available for platinum are cosmetics. Edit: Keep an eye out for St Paddy's day color palette coming up soon. It's one of my favorites.

Odds are you'll have to buy some slots, and that's what you should use all of your free starter and PS Plus platinum on...warframe slots...just do it.

Edit for you newest questions: Some missions yes (sorties, relics and a few others) but more often than not, you'll do it the other way around...look up the thing you want on the wiki and go to the right place from there. Extractors are buildable.

Last edited:

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Happened to get all three BPs for Revenant's parts today, so I figured I'd build him. Then I find out you can only get the quest for the main BP once you're Rank 2 with the Quills. One part of the game I've almost completely avoided because I don't find it fun at all.

Welp. Every time I start to have fun with Warframe again DE throws the Operator or open world busywork shit in my face and tries to get me to do literally anything but the cool space ninja stuff I fell in love with in the first place.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Quills are the key to Eidelon hunting which is IMO the best content currently in the game. Maybe jump in some random Terralyst bounties. It won't take many at all to get Quills to level 2, and he's pretty easy these days...got a little nerf a while back.

For newer players, the void trader has Primed Continuity, and you should do whatever you need to get it.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the 2 newest frames are behind the fortuna quills so DE is all in on this shit sadly.

I figured there would have been a massive uproar over locking core gameplay features behind mp/operator stuff but I guess not.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand this night wave stuff at all. :( Is there some goal to work towards besides those alerts rewards on offer?

the 2 newest frames are behind the fortuna quills so DE is all in on this shit sadly.

I figured there would have been a massive uproar over locking core gameplay features behind mp/operator stuff but I guess not.

Why would there have been a uproar?

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Happened to get all three BPs for Revenant's parts today, so I figured I'd build him. Then I find out you can only get the quest for the main BP once you're Rank 2 with the Quills. One part of the game I've almost completely avoided because I don't find it fun at all.

Welp. Every time I start to have fun with Warframe again DE throws the Operator or open world busywork shit in my face and tries to get me to do literally anything but the cool space ninja stuff I fell in love with in the first place.

I'm more than happy to give you a guided tour of the eidolon hunt.

I think it's the best boss in the game!

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more than happy to give you a guided tour of the eidolon hunt.

I think it's the best boss in the game!

Heh, appreciate it, but I think I've got it down. I admit I was a bit too frustrated when I posted that. I did a few Teralyst runs with randoms last night and it went well, though I'll admit I was mostly carried through them. I was already rank 1 due to cashing in a whole bunch of intact cores earlier, now I'm almost to rank 2.