• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Kind of don't understand how people don't know they need to hide when you summon the animal. I don't think I can hunt in public anymore, too frustrating. I lost easy captures due to public players immediately shooting at the target the second it becomes visible.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not at home this weekend so I'm missing out on everything: double affinity, void trader. Will see if the remote play stuff will work on my laptop later tonight.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Well I can't capitalize on double affinity but I did manage to get Primed Continuity from Baro and also did some Syndicate missions for Nightwave progress. It was quite painful to play though lol. Remote play right now not very practical, but very thankful I was able to get Primed Continuity.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
This game has way way too many currencies my god!

There's really only 3. Well 4 now, if you count the just added wolf creds.

Credits - universal in game currency used for all sorts of things
Ducats - Acquired from selling prime parts at any relay. Used to trade with the void trader once every 2 weeks
Platinum - Premium currency that can only be purchased or traded for

Do you mean there's a tonne of crafting components and various materials needed to build stuff? If so, I kinda agree (especially trying to look at it from a new player perspective), but at the same time that's sort of standard for just about any game with a 'crafting' system.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
There's really only 3. Well 4 now, if you count the just added wolf creds.

Credits - universal in game currency used for all sorts of things
Ducats - Acquired from selling prime parts at any relay. Used to trade with the void trader once every 2 weeks
Platinum - Premium currency that can only be purchased or traded for

Do you mean there's a tonne of crafting components and various materials needed to build stuff? If so, I kinda agree (especially trying to look at it from a new player perspective), but at the same time that's sort of standard for just about any game with a 'crafting' system.
I consider the standing with the factions currency as well.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I managed to get hold of a Helios Prime Cerebrum, now I only miss one part of Nikana Prime and one part of Soma Prime.
The rest I need are either sold by Baro or 0.03 % drops (stance mods + condition overload). Not sure if it is worth farming for those...

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The only real currency in the game is platinum. Everything else is earned in game easily and often simultaneously. You run a fissure, and you'll earn syndicate standing, focus, endo, ducats, relics and credits all at once. Run a bounty and you'll earn standing, focus, endo, relics and credits. Run sorties, and you'll earn rivens, other great rewards, tons of endo and 100K credits per day (more than enough for most people). Etc.

I agree that it can all be a little overwhelming for newer players, but as you learn it all, you'll eventually realize how passive it all is and that the only real trick is learning to make the best use of your time and to earn platinum in-game (which is also much easier than most people think).

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The only real currency in the game is platinum. Everything else is earned in game easily and often simultaneously. You run a fissure, and you'll earn syndicate standing, focus, endo, ducats, relics and credits all at once. Run a bounty and you'll earn standing, focus, endo, relics and credits. Run sorties, and you'll earn rivens, other great rewards, tons of endo and 100K credits per day (more than enough for most people). Etc.

I agree that it can all be a little overwhelming for newer players, but as you learn it all, you'll eventually realize how passive it all is and that the only real trick is learning to make the best use of your time and to earn platinum in-game (which is also much easier than most people think).
Sure the game is still awesome as ever I dont play as much so I am quite overwhelm, right now lol

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Sure the game is still awesome as ever I dont play as much so I am quite overwhelm, right now lol

I definitely get it, and it has to sound silly when someone tells you credits aren't a currency. But if you think about how they're actually used in the game, you'll use them mostly as a resource for leveling up mods.

Endo was a replacement for the painful mod combining process we used to have.

Ducats gave us a use for our excess prime parts that don't sell in trading.

Syndicate standing is almost 100% passive if you're doing it right...including Simaris.

Focus is basically flexible affinity for operators, and once you get a few lenses, it's pretty passive.

The two open worlds each have their own standings and systems to level them up, and I could definitely see those systems overwhelming people...except that they're all so limited to those locations and for better or worse aren't integrated into the rest of the game at all (but the gear from them is). I almost think of them as sequels.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Is Arbitration in any way worthwhile? I dipped my toe in it when it came out, but it seemed like a lot of effort and hopeless to play with randoms. And it seems the random buffs are largely useless since you'll want to go with your best/most survivable gear regardless?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Is Arbitration in any way worthwhile? I dipped my toe in it when it came out, but it seemed like a lot of effort and hopeless to play with randoms. And it seems the random buffs are largely useless since you'll want to go with your best/most survivable gear regardless?

It's mostly cosmetics and a couple of cool mods for rewards, and you can always visit the vendor to look at inventory. If you don't care about decorating your ship, it's probably just as well to wait till arbitrations are inevitably in the weekly night wave challenges.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I just did Second Dream. Holy shit, it's criminal this game is free.

Congratulations on finishing the tutorial! ;)

Character creation 60 hours into the game, DE are something else hahaha.

We don't do that, but for example in Reddit they call what you unlock after that quest "spoiler mode" so they can openly talk about it without well, spoiling it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

We don't do that, but for example in Reddit they call what you unlock after that quest "spoiler mode" so they can openly talk about it without well, spoiling it.
I would consider War Within more the tutorial actually. Second Dream is just the introduction to a whole new side of Warframe, lol. A great introduction at that.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017

Thanks! This game is insane.

I would consider War Within more the tutorial actually. Second Dream is just the introduction to a whole new side of Warframe, lol. A great introduction at that.

Looking for to see War Within now.

It's really madness how much content is in this game.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I have to share the most epic Wolf story with you guys:

I'm running a Neo Mobile Defense in the Void, and Wolf spawns right at the end of the first Mobile Defense terminal. I mark him, and me and two of my random squad mates go to work on him. Meanwhile, my fourth teammate, a MR9, grabs the datamass and tries to solo the rest of the mission despite having a marked rare enemy on the map. If you've run a lot of Neo or Axi Void fissures, you know they can be a little sketchy with heavy gunners and bombards if you're not geared up, so this dude is getting wrecked. He dies twice and, I assume, leaves the third objective while it's running because I'm watching it bleed health FAST.

I'm sprinting toward the objective to try to save it, but it's pretty far, and it's hovering around 500 health (!!!!!!) with a timer in the 20-30 second range, and I'm legit thinking we're going to fail the mission because of this moron. Wolf is still alive by the way, and I'm suuuuuuuper pissed. Luckily, the timer runs out with the objective well under 300 health, and I go back to kill the Wolf with my other two squad mates. Leroy Jenkins dies a third time. Wolf drops a Fever Strike (sigh), but I'll take that over failing the mission and not knowing.

I head to extraction, and Leeroy is already there. My other two squadmates were taking longer...might have been looking for something more than fever strike or maybe for reactant. So I stop en route and type something like "you almost made us fail a wolf spawn. f u bud." in squad chat. I'm not proud of it, but my stress level was pretty high. By the time I get to extraction, he's posted an "f u too", and it's just the two of us there waiting to extract.

The timer for extraction is running and is at maybe 45 seconds when a heavy gunner appears at the bottom of the stairs, and I'd normally just kill it, but I kind of wanted to see how it would play out with this dude. It wasn't much of a fight, and dude went down with just a tiny bit less time on his bleedout than the extraction timer, and I was pretty sure he was out of revives, so I did the right thing and teabagged him for 10 solid seconds and watched him die maybe 2 seconds before the timer.

Rewards pop up, and only two of us get them because he was indeed (probably) out of revives and our other MR6 guy either didn't bring a relic or didn't get reactant. My drop was a rare Mesa Prime part, and I didn't need it or anything, but I was pleased to see him not get it. All is right with the universe despite some garbage random play, and it was great to see that kind of fuckery get such sweet justice. Goodnight Tenno. Try to be better than me!

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018

I'm running a Neo Mobile Defense in the Void, and Wolf spawns right at the end of the first Mobile Defense terminal. I mark him, and me and two of my random squad mates go to work on him. Meanwhile, my fourth teammate, a MR9, grabs the datamass and tries to solo the rest of the mission despite having a marked rare enemy on the map. If you've run a lot of Neo or Axi Void fissures, you know they can be a little sketchy with heavy gunners and bombards if you're not geared up, so this dude is getting wrecked. He dies twice and, I assume, leaves the third objective while it's running because I'm watching it bleed health FAST.

I'm sprinting toward the objective to try to save it, but it's pretty far, and it's hovering around 500 health (!!!!!!) with a timer in the 20-30 second range, and I'm legit thinking we're going to fail the mission because of this moron. Wolf is still alive by the way, and I'm suuuuuuuper pissed. Luckily, the timer runs out with the objective well under 300 health, and I go back to kill the Wolf with my other two squad mates. Leroy Jenkins dies a third time. Wolf drops a Fever Strike (sigh), but I'll take that over failing the mission and not knowing.

I head to extraction, and Leeroy is already there. My other two squadmates were taking longer...might have been looking for something more than fever strike or maybe for reactant. So I stop en route and type something like "you almost made us fail a wolf spawn. f u bud." in squad chat. I'm not proud of it, but my stress level was pretty high. By the time I get to extraction, he's posted an "f u too", and it's just the two of us there waiting to extract.

The timer for extraction is running and is at maybe 45 seconds when a heavy gunner appears at the bottom of the stairs, and I'd normally just kill it, but I kind of wanted to see how it would play out with this dude. It wasn't much of a fight, and dude went down with just a tiny bit less time on his bleedout than the extraction timer, and I was pretty sure he was out of revives, so I did the right thing and teabagged him for 10 solid seconds and watched him die maybe 2 seconds before the timer.

Rewards pop up, and only two of us get them because he was indeed (probably) out of revives and our other MR6 guy either didn't bring a relic or didn't get reactant. My drop was a rare Mesa Prime part, and I didn't need it or anything, but I was pleased to see him not get it. All is right with the universe despite some garbage random play, and it was great to see that kind of fuckery get such sweet justice. Goodnight Tenno. Try to be better than me!

Wow.

That is quite the story...

Glad you got the wolf at the end.

Hey, I'm no stranger to this eh... Monday I think it was I raged at a guy during razorback armada... Guy insisted on clearing all the lockers and containers while the 3 of us waited at boss room. I noticed on his PSN profile it said he was french so I used Google translate to ensure he understood my intent.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Lol! Randoms can really tick you off sometimes, I know. The wolf is not a particular hard boss, but he just has a ton of HP.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a fun Wolf story. There's a trophy/achievement called the 8-fold Path where you have to do 8 waves defense with a melee weapon. Which I decided to do after ages, so I loaded up the infested defense on Earth and I took only my Paracesis with me because I was formaing it. My Paracesis was rank 1 and on forma number 3, but since this defense was low level it wasn't a problem. I get to wave 2 and see fugitives spawn and was like; huh okay fine I'll go get them. Then the Wolf shows up. What follows is me fighting him for an entire 10 minutes with a rank 1 Paracesis. Here's a short clip of this 10 minute struggle:

Fake Edit: I also have a decaying key equipped that I forgot to take off by mistake, but it doesn't matter with Nidus at all.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I have a fun Wolf story. There's a trophy/achievement called the 8-fold Path where you have to do 8 waves defense with a melee weapon. Which I decided to do after ages, so I loaded up the infested defense on Earth and I took only my Paracesis with me because I was formaing it. My Paracesis was rank 1 and on forma number 3, but since this defense was low level it wasn't a problem. I get to wave 2 and see fugitives spawn and was like; huh okay fine I'll go get them. Then the Wolf shows up. What follows is me fighting him for an entire 10 minutes with a rank 1 Paracesis. Here's a short clip of this 10 minute struggle:

Fake Edit: I also have a decaying key equipped that I forgot to take off by mistake, but it doesn't matter with Nidus at all.

Lol Brutal.

FWIW, I do most of my damage to him with my operator amp. Damage is solid, and a lot of times he'll still focus on your frame. Also eliminates risk of getting killed.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018

Who does mobile defense fissures anyway ;)

Probably not quite as dramatic but semi related. I just did an arbitration with a limbo who was making things take foreeevvvveerrr. I was playing Nehza with safeguard, and after a wave or 2 he asked for a hoop and mentioned something about how a stray bullet would end him. Not really wanting to start shit in chat, I didn't reply, but instead spent the rest of the match making sure everything but him had a halo. Sentinels, pets, other 2 guys, defense target, the works, were perma hooped. He even came stood right next to me a few times to try to get me to cast one on him. He didn't end up dying, but I may have been trying to assist in that.

We left at 10 waves. Fuck Limbo. The end.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got one of those "half off the marketplace for 48 hours" coupons, so I was wondering if I could pull a Pat and figure out the best way to get "free money" out of it.

As I'm only two weeks in, I still don't know the value of most things in the game (other than "Prime Warframes are the top dogs"), but if that coupon can be used for Platinum, what's a decent amount to invest in when all I really want to do is increase more slots for stuff? Since I want to dabble with different kinds of weapons (and eventually Warframes, once I'm able to build more than two), the rather small inventory space from the outset is a bit annoying.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I got one of those "half off the marketplace for 48 hours" coupons, so I was wondering if I could pull a Pat and figure out the best way to get "free money" out of it.

As I'm only two weeks in, I still don't know the value of most things in the game (other than "Prime Warframes are the top dogs"), but if that coupon can be used for Platinum, what's a decent amount to invest in when all I really want to do is increase more slots for stuff? Since I want to dabble with different kinds of weapons (and eventually Warframes, once I'm able to build more than two), the rather small inventory space from the outset is a bit annoying.

Try doing whatever Nightwave challenges you can, there's one warframe slot and two weapon slots available as rewards.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I do, uh, whenever they show up since Nightwave because, in theory, they're the sweet spot for a wolf spawn aside from juggling the first few waves of endless missions. One of the dumb ways in which Nightwave affected by Warframe habits.]

Pretty much this. Wolf spawns are all I'm really looking for. It even has me avoiding plains and orb vallis, which isn't probably what they had in mind.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been super happy with the Nightwave stuff so far, but at the same time I'm pretty reliably going up three ranks per week so at this rate I'll be able to get to max rank if it does go for 10-11 weeks like Steve said it would.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much this. Wolf spawns are all I'm really looking for. It even has me avoiding plains and orb vallis, which isn't probably what they had in mind.
Yep, avoiding the open worlds, onslaught, Arby's and any mission the Stalker can't visit. Sure hope Series 2 won't have this mechanic (unless the final week spawn rate really does get as excessive as DE's promising, but I'll believe it when I see it).

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
So, this morning Condition Overdrive drops when I am not actually farming for it (of course).

I am doing my laundry, but I figure I have time for a fissure run before the washing machine is done. I do an Axi fissure and the wolf appears. While the rest of the team work on him, I try to keep the defense target from being destroyed. Eventually we kill the wolf, I get the handle part and the mission ends... by us getting stuck on a loading screen.
People start typing "oh noooo" in the chat.

Then, after what feels like an eternity, the reward screen finally loads. And I could not believe my eyes; Soma Prime stock. A vaulted part. The part I have been looking for. I have waited so damn long, but now Soma Prime is finally cooking in my foundry.

Now I need Nikana Prime Hilt and I finally have every Prime weapon I really want.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I just started the game a few days ago and I'm quite bored of Volt, I wish I could get Frost or Mirage since those seem to be the easier ones to get but I'm still quite a way off to unlock maps and required materials.

You don't have rhino? YOu get him on venus and he will carry you even into alot of endgame content. You get and build up rhino and all the star chart frames basically fall into place.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, pretty lttp here but with the challenge this week figured I'd ask:

Are there any guides for kitguns? Like are any of em worth using/keeping? and if so which parts should I use?

ditto for the MOAs.

I have 1 of each part for both guns/moas and if there's a good build I might keep it but otherwise I just wanna make these quick and be done with em.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
Catchmoon and tombfinger are the popular kitguns. Lovetap/Haymaker and splat are usually the parts you'd use with for maximum critage. They can be built for status too, but I haven't really done that yet

Moa's? Eh they all kinda suck. If you dump a potato and a bunch of forma in one they might be ok

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
So, pretty lttp here but with the challenge this week figured I'd ask:

Are there any guides for kitguns? Like are any of em worth using/keeping? and if so which parts should I use?

ditto for the MOAs.

I have 1 of each part for both guns/moas and if there's a good build I might keep it but otherwise I just wanna make these quick and be done with em.

I use iwbtg's suggested catchmoon build with pax charge and it's a riot. It sacrifices some damage to achieve around 60% status to maintain viability.

It still crits for 30k on yard trash tho :)*

*My catchmoon has a magnum force modded on.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think I might need to build a Kitgun for the Nightwave stuff, or maybe a Zaw. I probably have the materials for a Zaw more readily available actually, so I might have to go that route instead.