• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its over....

giphy.gif

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone donated me wolf sledge BP and manage to get a motor on my own.

I really hope DE wont implement an assassin like this ever again

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I got the Wolf Sledge and not entirely impressed.

But I got Atterax and I love that freakin' weapon.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I recently started playing arbitrations again...the changes are annoying as fuck. I actually have to reduce the particle effects just for extra clarity so I don't pick up those debuff items by accident. I don't mind picking them up, to keep someone in the fight as long as I can pick up all 5 and run straight for the revive. The only reward I actually gave a shit about is Adaptation which I got a while ago, and makes some things a breeze and allows you to serve as a rock for your team and revive less tanky folks if they're downed. I guess I'm in the farming for ephemeras and tusk thumpers phase of my warframe experience RN.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Daily login rewards when I don't have anything to level: "Here, have these affinity boosters!"

Daily login rewards when I have three frames and a bunch of weapons to level: "How about some resource boosters?"

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Welp boys, it seems they decided to do something to fix the wolf issue... tactical alert with guaranteed wolf spawn, infinitely replayable.

GO.GET.YOUR.HAMMER.

Frogs out.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 hrs later and no fucking motor parts.

Getting real tempted to just uninstall this pos game.

Edit: woooo. I am freeeeee.

Last edited:

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Got a couple heads, a handle, and another BP. No motor, but managed to trade my spare BP for one, so I'd call that a success.

Though honestly, I think I'm more excited about the Tempo Royale I got from Wolf than the Sledge, lol.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
There's an infinitely repeatable tactical alert up for two more days with a guaranteed Wolf spawn. Takes like 2-3 minutes to run it with a decent group. Shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours tops to get the sledge.
Yeah, I did it a few times - didn't get anything. Did it a few times again tonight and got the motor twice and the BP once, traded the motor for the other parts.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I was ever worried about not hitting rank 30 in Nightwave. By the time it's over I'll have hit at least rank 35.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Baro has Mara Detron this week. Definitely pick it up if you have the ducats to spare. I did and I can definitely see it replacing Vaykor Marelok as my main secondary. Rank 30, catalyst, and no Forma and it can already one-shot enemies in ESO. Can't wait to see what it can do once I get a Forma or two on it.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow thanks for the tip.

The in-game nightwave interface is saying there'll be new offerings at the end of the day...

Yeah, it's not 100% certain that the credits will disappear, but it's at least implied, and I'd hate to see folks lose them for nothing.

There's apparently another clan focused event coming soonish, so I'll probably tighten up offline days for the clan a bit and may try to invite a few more vets. Log in at least every few weeks to keep your spots.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Been getting back into this and playing it pretty regularly lately, slowly leveling up Warframes/Weapons and saving up enough Credits/Endo to max out certain mods and while it has been a bit grindy so far it wasn't outside of expectations, and I've enjoyed it... unfortunately it seems I didn't quite understand the Forma system.

I thought that as long as you had created a Forma from a blueprint you could go ahead and change the polarity on a slot, but only now did I find out that doing so would reset said item to unranked. To be honest that was kind of a harsh disparity between the time and grind I thought was required and what the games systems seem to expect.

It hasn't really put me off playing more of the game but it's definitely changed what my goal is... now kinda just looking to play the story quests rather than gear up for potential end game content.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting back into this and playing it pretty regularly lately, slowly leveling up Warframes/Weapons and saving up enough Credits/Endo to max out certain mods and while it has been a bit grindy so far it wasn't outside of expectations, and I've enjoyed it... unfortunately it seems I didn't quite understand the Forma system.

I thought that as long as you had created a Forma from a blueprint you could go ahead and change the polarity on a slot, but only now did I find out that doing so would reset said item to unranked. To be honest that was kind of a harsh disparity between the time and grind I thought was required and what the games systems seem to expect.

It hasn't really put me off playing more of the game but it's definitely changed what my goal is... now kinda just looking to play the story quests rather than gear up for potential end game content.

I agree it's a bit off-putting at first, but it's not quite as bad as it seems to be. You can just get an affinity booster, either from the daily login bonus, sortie rewards, or by buying one with platinum, Forma multiple things at once, then go to Hydron, Sedna (which is basically the designated leveling spot) and get them to 30 in under an hour. Once you know the optimal way to level it really doesn't take long at all.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I agree it's a bit off-putting at first, but it's not quite as bad as it seems to be. You can just get an affinity booster, either from the daily login bonus, sortie rewards, or by buying one with platinum, Forma multiple things at once, then go to Hydron, Sedna (which is basically the designated leveling spot) and get them to 30 in under an hour. Once you know the optimal way to level it really doesn't take long at all.

Furthermore I seem to recall there's some funky affinity distribution going on so that if you only go with a frame and a weapon, they'll rank up faster.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Furthermore I seem to recall there's some funky affinity distribution going on so that if you only go with a frame and a weapon, they'll rank up faster.
Yeah affinity distribution is kind of weird. 25% of it always goes to your Warframe while the other 75% is divided among the rest of your equipment.

From the wiki:
Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the split according to the general rule: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).
  • Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
  • Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, distributed according to the general rule specified above. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This applies to Archwing mode with much larger ranges for shared affinity.
  • No weapons equipped. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
    • This applies when the only equipped weapons are overridden by ability-created ones. (E.g. Using Exalted Blade while only having a melee weapon equipped.)

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Clan update:

I'm going to be prepping us for the upcoming clan event, which means some people are going to get kicked for inactivity. If it happens to you, odds are you were offline for quite a while, and it's never a problem to get you back in when you're ready to play. Just post for an invite. I'd like to get us into the 20s or even teens for longest days offline and get us as full as possible before the event. I'd also ask that people make an effort to participate and contribute when the event launches. Details to come.

Finally, I did some recruiting today for the first time in years (looking for vets) and picked up 6 or 7 [Edit: make that 15-20] new members including a MR26 and two MR27s. Say hi if you see them online.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Operation: Hostile Mergers (coming soon)

What You Need To Do

The new DISRUPTION game mode is the playing field for Operation: HOSTILE MERGERS! You need to play through each mission difficulty for the associated Operation reward. Collect keys from fallen Amalgams to activate corresponding conduits, then protect the conduits from the Demolysts that will seek to destroy them.

1) Play the corresponding OPERATION nodes to earn the Rewards!
2) The final node is the endurance node - a single best run will earn you the best Rewards!

What You Need To Know
1) Minibosses lead the way - beware the DEMOLYSTS. Defeating a DEMOLYST is the key to progress - or failure. You have 4 conduits to defend each Round. If a Demolyst gets to the conduit and detonates, you lose that conduit. The pressure is on. DEMOLYSTS make themselves known with custom alarm sounds to help you find them, and an icon as they draw near.
2) Leaderboards do not include scores from members that joined after the Operation started.

Personal Rewards

There are 4 missions to play for Personal Rewards! Simply play the appropriate mission in your World State Window to acquire the goods!
  1. HOSTILE MERGERS Emblem
  2. HOSTILE MERGERS Sigil
  3. Aura Forma
  4. Endurance Mode - includes SPECTRA VANDAL and GLAXION VANDAL if you can manage the necessary single-run score!
Clan Information:
Clan scores are determined by the Total (Sum) of each participating clan member's single best run! We will have Clan Leaderboards! These leaderboards do not include scores from members that joined after the Operation started.

We need 200K for the clan gold trophy. As long as we can get half the clan to get a decent score, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm currently doing the recruiting and prep to make sure the clan roster is ready.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if there are any plans on making some changes to this shitty new "quick switch" Melee system they implemented? Even just a away to toggle it off?

Or is this just the way Melee is going to work now in Warframe?

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there are any plans on making some changes to this shitty new "quick switch" Melee system they implemented? Even just a away to toggle it off?

Or is this just the way Melee is going to work now in Warframe?
There's currently no plans to revert back to before the quick switch melee. This change is a part of the ongoing melee rework that they're doing.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing a lot of other stuff lately but I can jump on and pitch in for the event when it hits.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing a lot of other stuff lately but I can jump on and pitch in for the event when it hits.

Sounds good. Be sure to log in at least every week or so. I wouldn't be surprised if I push offline days under 7 days before the rosters are locked in when the event starts, which means a lot of people are going to get kicked.

On the event itselt, it shouldn't be a huge grind. Just takes one good run as I understand it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I felt the same way at first, but aiming or firing reverts back to whatever gun you were using. It's a mixed bag at worst.

I was a melee main. So the quick switch system and removal of the manual block as well as no longer being able to glide with my melee weapon completely destroyed my ability to enjoy the game like I did before.

I am just gonna wait to see if they fix these issues. I really hope they do because I have enjoyed Warframe for years and would hate to have to drop it for something like this.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I was a melee main. So the quick switch system and removal of the manual block as well as no longer being able to glide with my melee weapon completely destroyed my ability to enjoy the game like I did before.

Gotcha. I liked to quick melee and often kept a syndicate weapon equipped for procs, but it sounds like your style was more affected than mine.

Do we have to do the runs as a group - all clan members?

Your high score goes to the clan score regardless of who you do it with, but I could see myself and others helping people get improved scores, both for their own rewards and for the clan.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good. Be sure to log in at least every week or so. I wouldn't be surprised if I push offline days under 7 days before the rosters are locked in when the event starts, which means a lot of people are going to get kicked.

On the event itselt, it shouldn't be a huge grind. Just takes one good run as I understand it.

Okay cool. I'll keep tapping in. Any idea when the event is live?

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sooner the better. Got caught up on my missing primes but I'm gonna need a break before the next nightwave comes out.

Also new path of exile league starts on the 7th.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Running out of weapons to rank :D

Just need to find/wait for Dual Kamas Prime (BP/2 Blades), Venka Prime (gauntlet) and Spira Prime (Pouch) to complete Primes.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Update tomorrow!

Clan folks, please bank a score in Hostile Mergers as soon as possible so I know who to follow up with.

If I kicked any of you as I prepped the clan for the event, apologies. Post for a reinvite.