• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Your loki could def kill the thing. You may be a little early on with getting some decent mods that'll make it a walk in the park though. You should be able to kill it by abusing invis and wearing it down. Rhino and /or Excal will likely make it easier when they're built too

And don't fret too much about Wisp right away. She'll be tough to get at the stage your at, and behind a pretty tough boss for that early in the start chart too. Though someone hear could probably carry you if your hearts set on it.

Yeah I'm in no massive rush just figured it's an interesting frame and know Jupiter is a better place to be getting some mats than ceres too. Tbh I guess I'm struggling to work out what stuff i should be doing at this point in the game since i was just trying to binge my way through the planets so far.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah I'm in no massive rush just figured it's an interesting frame and know Jupiter is a better place to be getting some mats than ceres too. Tbh I guess I'm struggling to work out what stuff i should be doing at this point in the game since i was just trying to binge my way through the planets so far.

You're on the right track. Couple of the first bits of advice for newer players is get Rhino and get through the star chart. So your heading in the right direction. You'll pick up all kinds of things just doing that. Also work your way through the quests when you get them. The Second Dream is a bit of a tipping point in the game for most players

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're on the right track. Couple of the first bits of advice for newer players is get Rhino and get through the star chart. So your heading in the right direction. You'll pick up all kinds of things just doing that. Also work your way through the quests when you get them. The Second Dream is a bit of a tipping point in the game for most players

Ah ok. Yeah got some more of the quests done, I think as many as are available to me right now and got Jupiter open through that anyway. One other thing I meant to ask, how do you get relics now? I already had a good few from when I played a little during ps4 launch, but I've not seen any drop since I started playing again

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Ah ok. Yeah got some more of the quests done, I think as many as are available to me right now and got Jupiter open through that anyway. One other thing I meant to ask, how do you get relics now? I already had a good few from when I played a little during ps4 launch, but I've not seen any drop since I started playing again

There's tons of sources for relics... survivals, defenses, sanctuary onslaught, bounties... the list is long. Some relics might only come from one source so if you're specifically hunting something like recently unvaulted stuff, it's worth it to use the wiki to gather information.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's tons of sources for relics... survivals, defenses, sanctuary onslaught, bounties... the list is long. Some relics might only come from one source so if you're specifically hunting something like recently unvaulted stuff, it's worth it to use the wiki to gather information.

Ah ok. Theres no level requirement for them to start dropping? I was thinking of trying for meso since I have half of the equinox prime set by chance, and had seen bounties on ceres supposedly drop them but when starting them they weren't listed on the rewards at all. I'm guessing relic drops dont appear on the list of possible rewards?

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Ah ok. Theres no level requirement for them to start dropping? I was thinking of trying for meso since I have half of the equinox prime set by chance, and had seen bounties on ceres supposedly drop them but when starting them they weren't listed on the rewards at all. I'm guessing relic drops dont appear on the list of possible rewards?

These are the Meso relics for Equinox Prime:

Going by the drop chances, it seems Tier 1 interception (mercury, venus, earth, mars, ceres) is your best bet as they drop from all three rotations: A, B and C.

Interceptions rewards are AABC so my suggestion would be doing 4 rounds of tier 1 interception and restarting or going in sets of 4... 4, 8, 12 rounds (etc).

Your other option is rotation A of tier 2 defense. Io in Jupiter is a popular node and it's a tier 2 defense. Defense is also AABC and as such the optimal choice would be staying for 10 waves then restarting the mission.

I don''t know about bounties on Ceres, afaik bounties are only on Cetus (earth) and Fortuna (venus).

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These are the Meso relics for Equinox Prime:

Going by the drop chances, it seems Tier 1 interception (mercury, venus, earth, mars, ceres) is your best bet as they drop from all three rotations: A, B and C.

Interceptions rewards are AABC so my suggestion would be doing 4 rounds of tier 1 interception and restarting or going in sets of 4... 4, 8, 12 rounds (etc).

Your other option is rotation A of tier 2 defense. Io in Jupiter is a popular node and it's a tier 2 defense. Defense is also AABC and as such the optimal choice would be staying for 10 waves then restarting the mission.

I don''t know about bounties on Ceres, afaik bounties are only on Cetus (earth) and Fortuna (venus).

Oops my bad, yeah meant Cetus not Ceres. Getting mixed up with these names lol. Thanks, I'll give interception or defense a shot later then. That actually explains why so many people bail on wave 10 of these even when we're holding our ground well I guess.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Oops my bad, yeah meant Cetus not Ceres. Getting mixed up with these names lol. Thanks, I'll give interception or defense a shot later then. That actually explains why so many people bail on wave 10 of these even when we're holding our ground well I guess.
I probably have a load spare, I'll give them to you next time I'm on.

EDIT: I've got 2 A2's and 15 Radiant E2's you can have.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
If you're looking for a specific relic, the first place to check before farming elsewhere is the bounties on Cetus and Fortuna. With only one relic on every drop table, if it's the relic you want, there's no method even remotely as efficient.

If you're thinking of farming some primes, absolutely 100% focus on the two frames and 4 weapons that are currently and recently unvaulted. Focus especially on getting Rhino Prime.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
No prob! Welcome to the neogaf uhh, Reset Era Clan

And not much happening right now. There are events and the like from time to time. We just had one though and they're fairly infrequent, so not sure when the next will be. Just keep progressing along, and yeah keep your eye on clan chat. When we're not being toxic monstrosities, people occasionally do stuff, offer advice or sometimes even offer free shit
Had a wander around the dojo this morning. Very impressive! I enjoyed the observation deck and all the decor (plus a couple of "easter eggs" ;))
Looking forward to meeting people. The community seems really friendly in general. Had a guy help me with a random mission today, and after he gifted me a Warframe slot out of nowhere.

Also I finally got a Control Module from the Void last night, so just need a couple hundred more Plastids to make the last Rhino piece and build that thing.
Been maxing out a few weapons in the meantime. The gameplay loop and short/mid/long-term goals are very gratifying!

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The levelling system on here certainly confuses me. I mean I get how levelling works but actually getting stronger I'm not so sure on. I spent a lot of yesterday messing with different builds etc, eventually resorting to a hammer loaded with crit chance and damage. It would have died eventually with luck.

Then I got quanta with all its mod slots. Loaded that up with crits too and it just melts everything. The junction boss died almost immediately and even io wave 25 enemies died quick. Is there some good melee weapons with more slots I could aim for early? These seem to be game changers.

I probably have a load spare, I'll give them to you next time I'm on.

EDIT: I've got 2 A2's and 15 Radiant E2's you can have.

Really appreciate the offer but I actually managed to nab the two bits from meso pretty quick last night it turned out.

If you're looking for a specific relic, the first place to check before farming elsewhere is the bounties on Cetus and Fortuna. With only one relic on every drop table, if it's the relic you want, there's no method even remotely as efficient.

If you're thinking of farming some primes, absolutely 100% focus on the two frames and 4 weapons that are currently and recently unvaulted. Focus especially on getting Rhino Prime.

Ah I kept seeing a few bits of rhino prime popping up here and there. Will try and get that today if I can.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So just got a 75% off market purchase thing. Assuming I can use this ps+ platinum on the market, I cant not use it to grab a warframe. it's hard to choose though.

Was gonna grab Oberon or something, keep getting the same print but it's not like hes hard to farm, but folks said to grab one of the pain to farm frames like Hildryn, Octavia, Ivara, Nidus, Khora, Harrow.

Any recommendations? Which one is more fun to play? So many freaking options.. Octavia seems interesting though. Figured I'd throw it up here before I rush into anything - got 2 days to figure it out. lol

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Have a look at some videos of the frames you're thinking of.

Hildryn BP requires a certain rank with Vox Solaris then to get the parts you need to do an "endgame" encounter - the Exploiter.

Octavia is a quest frame so you'll get the BP naturally via progression. The Lua puzzles can be a pain if you're trying to solo them. But overall it's not difficult.

Ivara parts drop from Spy missions - different parts in different level ranges.

Nidus parts drop in a specific game mode, but the parts drop on round C (the drop tables for most of the game follow an AABC rotation). Its not the greatest mode and it's barely played by others.

Khora parts drop from Sanctuary Onslaught. This is probably the "easiest" to farm but you'll need a bit of luck/patience to get all her parts.

Harrow parts drop from specific missions (bar chassis). One is from a spy mission on the Kuva fortress, the other is from round C defection missions.

EDIT: Oberon is one of the easiest frames to get, so skip him.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So just got a 75% off market purchase thing. Assuming I can use this ps+ platinum on the market, I cant not use it to grab a warframe.

You absolutely can and should NOT buy a Warframe. 1) They're all gettable in-game for free, 2) They're all non-primes, and 3) even with a coupon, most are overpriced.

When you get coupons, buy cosmetics. In your case, I'd get a color palette...specifically classic saturated.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
So just got a 75% off market purchase thing. Assuming I can use this ps+ platinum on the market, I cant not use it to grab a warframe. it's hard to choose though.

Was gonna grab Oberon or something, keep getting the same print but it's not like hes hard to farm, but folks said to grab one of the pain to farm frames like Hildryn, Octavia, Ivara, Nidus, Khora, Harrow.

Any recommendations? Which one is more fun to play? So many freaking options.. Octavia seems interesting though. Figured I'd throw it up here before I rush into anything - got 2 days to figure it out. lol

Listen to Frizby.

I believe that its better to not think of platinum as a gameplay accelerator, but rather as a fashion accelerator.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
The levelling system on here certainly confuses me. I mean I get how levelling works but actually getting stronger I'm not so sure on.

By design, no such indicator exists.

There's a general process of making an item (like a warframe or a weapon) stronger: apply reactor or catalyst to double mod capacity from 30 to 60, then apply formas to half the mod cost on the forma'd slot, repeat process until you can fit the best build possible for your item.

In a nutshell: acquire orokin reactors and catalysts, acquire forma, acquire good mods, fit a ton of maxed mods on an item, repeat. That's how it works.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
You absolutely can and should NOT buy a Warframe. 1) They're all gettable in-game for free, 2) They're all non-primes, and 3) even with a coupon, most are overpriced.

When you get coupons, buy cosmetics. In your case, I'd get a color palette...specifically classic saturated.

While probably true, you need to look at the farm and stack it up with how much you actually want to do it, against how much you want the frame. I've bought Harrow, Mesa (when she was more annoying) and Ivara with coupons, because I really couldn't be forked farming them and I wanted to play them.

If you were set on buying one then his list could be alot worse. They can all be a bit of a pain in different ways

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I appreciate the input, as always. I don't really care about the colour of my Frame, I'm happy with default. I'm not fussy.

I wasn't just wanting a frame for the sake of a frame, I was after something that was a pain to acquire. Was mostly between Ivara, Nidus, and Harrow - and considering Spy doesn't bug me, Nidus' thing seems interesting, I opted for Harrow because Defection is boring. Especially since it came with a slot and installed reactor for 56 platinum.

Now, before I bought the Harrow I had 369 Platinum. Considering it was free via PS+ it's untradeable, am I really just using the rest for slots/reactors/catalysts? I assume only on weapons/frames I enjoy? Of which, I'm not fully down on Excalibur

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused by one of the missions. It's to synthesize three elit arid lancers. I've brought the gear and know to follow the trail but I'm only finding one per map since the trail never picks up again. But starting it again it always counts my next one as the first. What gives?

By design, no such indicator exists.

There's a general process of making an item (like a warframe or a weapon) stronger: apply reactor or catalyst to double mod capacity from 30 to 60, then apply formas to half the mod cost on the forma'd slot, repeat process until you can fit the best build possible for your item.

In a nutshell: acquire orokin reactors and catalysts, acquire forma, acquire good mods, fit a ton of maxed mods on an item, repeat. That's how it works.

Ah, good thing I started making orikin reactors then. Will have to start saving my resources for when the better mods are dropping now too since this quanta seems to be carrying me for now.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Only one simaris target spawns per mission and you have to complete the mission for it to count *(afaik). So you'll have to do it 3 times.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Now, before I bought the Harrow I had 369 Platinum. Considering it was free via PS+ it's untradeable, am I really just using the rest for slots/reactors/catalysts? I assume only on weapons/frames I enjoy? Of which, I'm not fully down on Excalibur

You can get reactors and catalysts from nightwave, sorties and "gifts from the lotus".

If you don't care about colors, spend it all on slots. Mostly warframe slots. Seriously. All of it.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
frizby

psycopathicgrux was online and needed a huras so i passed my imprints onto him, and made grux aware that hes gotta name it huras and then pass it onto you

whenever we meet online again ill return the raksa imprints

take care!

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Appreciate you both.

I try to keep a set of prints for each breed for clan members. Absolutely no harm in others doing the same.

Grux and I talked about it previously bit. Getting prints from you was my suggestion, so 100% cool. Ty again.

Last edited:

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Loving all the advice in here. Makes the game much less daunting when you know what/how to aim for!

Rhino systems will finish building tonight and then I can finally start building that frame. Looking forward to getting my gore on.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
516/518 items mastered, the last two are login rewards. Zenith and Sigma, so it'll be another 104 days before I get both :(

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Opening the gate to Pluto from Neptune is a huge pain in the ass thanks to that mission to get all 3 sets of data on a spy mission. Did finally manage to get all of the parts for equinox and also equinox prime, kinda odd to be getting prime a few days before the standard.

Feels like I'm well on my way to the wisp now at least bit this mission is one efficient blocker lol

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Opening the gate to Pluto from Neptune is a huge pain in the ass thanks to that mission to get all 3 sets of data on a spy mission. Did finally manage to get all of the parts for equinox and also equinox prime, kinda odd to be getting prime a few days before the standard.

Feels like I'm well on my way to the wisp now at least bit this mission is one efficient blocker lol

Ask in clan chat if you need a hand with the spy requirement. We're usually happy to help.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ask in clan chat if you need a hand with the spy requirement. We're usually happy to help.

Theres a clan? Thanks for the suggestion but finally got through it when I realised the security systems are the hard way in lol. Though I can definitely see myself needing some help soon since I'm starting to get the map opened up fully and the level requirements are climbing fast. Really need the Equinox Prime built or my MR locked mod I guess to push on eventually

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
any room currently in the clan? the one i got randomly recruited to a while back went from mountain to moon and the experience has been...not great.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

Lol. Hard to keep recent posters straight. Yup, been a clan since PS4 launch. Name is Reset Era, formerly NeoGAF.

any room currently in the clan? the one i got randomly recruited to a while back went from mountain to moon and the experience has been...not great.

There's a spot open. Just need PSN. If your PSN is same as your username, you'll just need to leave your current clan before we can invite. Communication > Clan > Click your name

Were you in the clan before? Name seems familiar.

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Hard to keep recent posters straight. Yup, been a clan since PS4 launch. Name is Reset Era, formerly NeoGAF.

There's a spot open. Just need PSN. If your PSN is same as your username, you'll just need to leave your current clan before we can invite. Communication > Clan > Click your name

Were you in the clan before? Name seems familiar.

yeah just left my clan, PSN is the same as here. i don't believe i ever got in the clan but asked about it around fortuna launch (maybe?) when the wait list was longer

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Hard to keep recent posters straight. Yup, been a clan since PS4 launch.

There's a spot open. Just need PSN.

If there's a second spot open up up at some point could I get an invite too? No rush if not and I've got no issue waiting. Will PM you my psn if theres a slot

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
If there's a second spot open up up at some point could I get an invite too? No rush if not and I've got no issue waiting. Will PM you my psn if theres a slot
There is. I just cleared 3-4 spots earlier.

PM or just post it and edit later. 99% of the folks in this thread are in the clan, and any of them can invite you.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is. I just cleared 3-4 spots earlier.

PM or just post it and edit later. 99% of the folks in this thread are in the clan, and any of them can invite you.

Ah awesome. Yeah will just edit out later then.

Edit: Removed psn ID since the invite came. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Farming cryotic has become a paint point.

During the double resource event i farmed 20k but I'm out again... and there's so much random stuff that requires it.

And then, of course, there's the sybear...

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain how to get Nitain Extract? I've read you do the daily alerts for a certain amount but I can't actually see anything but weekly alerts.

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
Daily alerts have been replaced with Nightwave. Completing challenges and ranking up in this will occasionally earn you "Creds" which you can spend on the Nightwave screen for many things, including Nitain Extract. This is the main way you'll get this, but they're also available as a Cetus bounty reward during a Ghoul Purge (there's one going on now, I think), from finding all three hidden caches during Sabotage missions, and from certain Exterminate missions like Jupiter.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Perfect answer. Definitely focus on the nightwave market and consider the other methods as a nice surprise if you happen to get one doing something else. For example, Ghouls are up now, and you could do enough of their bounties to get the two guns they drop. If you happen to get a nitain or two, cool, but otherwise move on.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks guys. Yeah I foolishly spent my first round of nghtwave credits so I'm just working up to the next set now. Did have a few more questions however. So I have the Equinox Prime now and for some reason I kinda expected it to be a bit like excal umbra, with the ultra high energy cap and a few buff mods pre installed but I guess excal umbra is a special case?

Are there no similar mods to get for other frames? If not, what's a good place to start looking for real mods like those? I got a few weapon grey mods from rapolalyst at least and one weird mod I needed to do a mission for and is mastery locked still. I've unlocked all planets and now done about two thirds of the quest list. Theres clearly a huge road ahead but working out my next turn is kinda hard.

I know I need to grind out masteries obviously but beyond that I'm a little lost. I remember you guys said to get forma etc to grow stronger but I've not worked out how yet. Equinox Prime seems to be my first thing worth using it on too though so I've not really had a need to yet.

Oh and one last one is what's up with nightmare missions? I found 2 but cant find a third anywhere

Last edited:

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks guys. Yeah I foolishly spent my first round of nghtwave credits so I'm just working up to the next set now. Did have a few more questions however. So I have the Equinox Prime now and for some reason I kinda expected it to be a bit like excal umbra, with the ultra high energy cap and a few buff mods pre installed but I guess excal umbra is a special case?
Excalibur Umbra is unique so far. Primes a more like regular frames, with a fancier look and slightly improved stats.

Are there no similar mods to get for other frames? If not, what's a good place to start looking for real mods like those? I got a few weapon grey mods from rapolalyst at least and one weird mod I needed to do a mission for and is mastery locked still. I've unlocked all planets and now done about two thirds of the quest list. Theres clearly a huge road ahead but working out my next turn is kinda hard.
You should be able to use the Umbral mods on all your warframes, though of course they've very costly. Regular versions are available as drops from various missions and enemies, you can check the wiki for full lists for each.

Oh and one last one is what's up with nightmare missions? I found 2 but cant find a third anywhere
You need to complete all the missions on a plane before its nightmare mission becomes available (there is only one per available at any one time.)

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Void trader on Saturn for a few days.

Newer players, go out of your way to get Primed Reach and especially Primed Continuity.